6.5

1. Jan 28, 2015
    This movie is not the best of Adam Sandler, it needs work. Its a little sad, boring, and stupid. But, it has a nice plot, and some parts are funny .
  2. Sep 4, 2014
    50 First Dates is not a normal Sandler's movie. It has less stupid jokes and more heart-breaking moments and an ending that worth every tear. Although it has some plot problems, this film still contains a funny and "I've just cut onions" type of ending.
  3. Aug 28, 2014
    Just about Adam Sandler's only film worth your time. 50 First Dates features moments of truly touching sentiment with minimal hints of Sandler's annoying-self.
  4. Aug 20, 2014
    I had high expectations for this movie.Unfortunately,the movie was not has funny has i expected.But the performances were actually pretty good and the movie has his laughs.
  5. Mar 1, 2014
    See Sandler? When you show us your warm side, we can laugh at you. You don't always have to fill the screen with gross-out humor. I wish you'd make more of these.
  6. Nov 13, 2013
    50 First Dates goes home alone.
    The movie begins with an interesting idea that develops at a monotonous pace, with laughs few and far between. A very poor execution by Mr. Sandler.
  7. Sep 17, 2013
    This film is heart-warming, even though every time I watch it I cry, it has very sad moments and very happy moments. You know a film is good when it takes you on an emotional journey just like the characters in the film. Highly recommended
  8. Aug 27, 2013
    Not Adam Sandlers worst movie ever but still below average and easily forgettable. For once Rob Schneider made me laugh (the impossible has been done)! But it was only because of how fat his wife was and how many kids they had. 50 First Dates is a very mediocre movie which most will not enjoy even if the ending is pretty good.
  9. Jul 16, 2013
    I love this movie- it is hilarious, heart warming, romantic and above all: entertaining. I just love these Adam Sandler romantic comedies. And this film is a classic, it has me laughing harder every time I see it.
  10. Jun 27, 2013
    This is one of those great relaxing movies that is just full of charm and wit. Very entertaining with a premise that is unique than the majority of romantic comedies.
  11. Mar 24, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A funny and creative film that didn't have as much 'just plain stupid' characteristics as other Adam Sandler films like "Big Daddy" or "Grown Ups". Drew Barrymore did a great job playing Lucy, as did Sean Astin as her steroid-abusing brother. Expand
  12. Dec 10, 2012
    Sandler usually makes stupid movies but every now and then hits the bulls-eye with a hilarious movie, unfortunately this is not the case, it's very bad story. Sandler being a Casanova thing!! really? and honestly the best thing that Drew Barrymore has ever done it's to appear in E.T. Far more better things to watch!
  13. Nov 28, 2012
    Although it takes a fairly laughable logline and turns it into a legitimate story, "50 First Dates" does suffer from only moderately funny humor in the end.
  14. Nov 8, 2012
    Though it may lack originality, 50 First Dates is consistently funny, and at times, heartwarming.
  15. Jul 31, 2012
    I was particularly put off by the beginning - the jokes were more or less unfunny - so I was almost put off from watching the whole film. The jokes began to get funnier and I felt kind of at ease because it was less about slapstick and more about what was going on. Adam Sandler has that unique humour where you either like it or hate it. I think the film was slightly messy in itsI was particularly put off by the beginning - the jokes were more or less unfunny - so I was almost put off from watching the whole film. The jokes began to get funnier and I felt kind of at ease because it was less about slapstick and more about what was going on. Adam Sandler has that unique humour where you either like it or hate it. I think the film was slightly messy in its construction, certain pieces were skipped to and the conclusion was a bit rushed. It lacked depth because of its limited explanation - although it helped to replay events that had previously happened. That doesn't make it a bad film though, because sometimes romantic comedies are just meant to be enjoyed, and this example of a medical condition in a beautiful romantic environment is refreshingly original. Expand
  16. May 17, 2012
    Hilarious and romantic, Adam Sandler at his best, starts off slow but then ramps up to be not only a totally funny movie, but also a sweet and touching one. This makes it into my top 3 favorite Sandler movies of all time. If you haven't watched it I highly recommend that you do.
  17. Apr 3, 2012
    A very good Adam Sandler film. Some of the scenes in the resturant are absolutelyy hilarious. Story doesn't make sense but who cares. It comes across as an enjoyable film that is very funny.
  18. Jan 22, 2012
    Eh it was ok at first but it gets rather corny, sappy, and generic. It fits the norm of other Sandler films so if you like his other work then you will like this. It was ok but I wouldnt watch it again.
  19. Oct 6, 2011
    I love this movie. It is not my favorite but I like it. My favorite movie is Abduction! Having read some of the bad reviews you can just tell that they are just thinking about themselves way to much. If you go to the Abduction page I wrote about how people alway think about them selves and not how it might affend others. I hate that about others. Be possitive you know. Well anyway I doI love this movie. It is not my favorite but I like it. My favorite movie is Abduction! Having read some of the bad reviews you can just tell that they are just thinking about themselves way to much. If you go to the Abduction page I wrote about how people alway think about them selves and not how it might affend others. I hate that about others. Be possitive you know. Well anyway I do love this movie. It is not a ten but it is a eight. Haha. Lol. Ok. Well I better go. Expand
  20. Jul 3, 2011
    I actually enjoyed this movie quite a lot. Adam and Drew have a really good chemistry going and the movie had me laughing on several occassions. Definitely worth a watch.
  21. May 11, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Better than expected, this movie delivers an good premise and some decent acting. The movie most impressed me by not resorting to the expected cliche ending. Which might be why it has some unfavorable reviews. Expand
  22. Jan 9, 2011
    I think this is another movie you either love or hate. Its a feel good movie that makes you wonder what youd do for someone you love. How far would you go? Some parts go extreme but thats what I love about these kind of movies. The cast acts well and the parts they play have me laughing and wanting it to go on and I think its a well acted and good addition to the comedy/romance genre.
  23. Sep 22, 2010
    Surprisingly it manages to be a cute and funny romantic comedy.
    I would recommend this movie. Not Adam Sandlers best but still funny. If you're looking for Billy Madison or Happy Gilmore then this is ot even close to them. It is a more mature movie.
  24. AshleyP.
    Oct 11, 2007
    This movie is the bomb. i love this movie. it is so awesome how he continually tries to win her heart everyday. if a guy did that for me i would definetly give him a shot. i think this movie definetly should be watched by everyone. if you dont like this movie then you have no taste in movies what so ever. peace homedogs
  25. tensecondTom
    Aug 4, 2007
    I usually hate these chick flick hollywood films but this one is sweet,funny and well acted.Ok not a classic but enjoyable. I usually hate these chick flick hollywood but... He..He.
  26. WillardJ.
    Jan 27, 2007
    I liked it ok. It was pretty funny.
  27. WhitG.
    Dec 26, 2006
    If you want to spot the pretentious snob reviewers (professional and amateur) who take themselves and life too seriously, then look for anyone who rated this movie less than a 60 or 6. Only a limited and narrow mind would dismiss this movie because of its occasionally crude humor. Overall it delivers lots of laughs, an Inventive premise and very little cheese, which is unusual for a PG-13 If you want to spot the pretentious snob reviewers (professional and amateur) who take themselves and life too seriously, then look for anyone who rated this movie less than a 60 or 6. Only a limited and narrow mind would dismiss this movie because of its occasionally crude humor. Overall it delivers lots of laughs, an Inventive premise and very little cheese, which is unusual for a PG-13 romantic comedy. One of Sandler's better efforts, right up there with Happy Gilmore and The Wedding Singer. Expand
  28. ElizabethC.
    Dec 20, 2006
    By Far Sandler's Best!!!!
  29. JosephZ
    Oct 18, 2006
    One of my favorite movies. Having read some of the negative reviews, it is clear that the critics responsible for those reviews take themselves way too seriously. Unfortunately, they don't have the intelligence to pull it off. Enjoy the movie.
  30. CharlieG.
    Jun 4, 2006
    Not a great movie, but a hilarious one with heart too - just what a romantic comedy is supposed to be. The movie engages the viewer and holds on until the end. It keeps the jokes coming consistently throughout and unlike other Sandler movies the plot doesn't suffer from excessive cheesiness. By the way, it's better than Groundhog Day.
  31. Noemy
    Jan 21, 2006
    Very funny and has a nice love story to it.
  32. JackieR.
    Jul 7, 2005
    Of course the chemistry between Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore was fabulous. The plot, while a little far-fetched, was unique and fun. Rob Schneider wasn't offensive to Hawaiians, had he played his own ethnicity would you have thought him offensive to them? He is not trying to portray all Hawaiians, only his character, who happens to be the way he is. It was a funny movie. What did Of course the chemistry between Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore was fabulous. The plot, while a little far-fetched, was unique and fun. Rob Schneider wasn't offensive to Hawaiians, had he played his own ethnicity would you have thought him offensive to them? He is not trying to portray all Hawaiians, only his character, who happens to be the way he is. It was a funny movie. What did you expect from an Adam Sandler movie? You're supposed to approach them light-hearted and open-minded. Who cares that the humor was slightly crude at some times? It certainly made me laugh. It really is a good movie, and if you're going to be all serious about it then you should go see a serious movie with no humor or crazy plotlines. Expand
  33. EverettK
    Jun 17, 2005
    Funny, quirky, sincere. A great movie once you give yourself over to the story. I was prepared to bored, but it won me over. Several laugh out loud moments and some very romantic ones that manage to be sweet without being overdone.
  34. Zybard
    Aug 1, 2004
    I enjoyed Sandler and Schneider's crude remarks about male genitals...oh wait. I just turned 16. Sorry, I'm to mature for this.
  35. DanielleB
    Jul 28, 2004
    Very funny.
  36. Elizabeth
    Jul 17, 2004
    I only could watch the first 15 minutes of this garbage then i had to leave the room because i was too embrassed for adam sandler and drew barymore (however you spell her name). i couldnt believe they had took part in making such an awful movie.
  37. CynthiaT.
    Jul 14, 2004
    This movie was very hilarious. what i really liked about it was that it had a true ending. not a crappy disney ending where everything is happily ever after. i would recommend it 2 mostly girls or couples that just started going out.
  38. NicoleT.
    Jul 4, 2004
    This movie was funny, and sad. I love Adam Sandler, and Drew Barrymore. This movie was perfect!!!
  39. Kelly
    Jun 25, 2004
    A good movie with a lot of laughs. I love the original plot and Adam Sandler's great singing!!!
  40. PatrickS.
    Jun 23, 2004
    What went wrong? I went into 50FD with high expectations. After all, this is the same genius who struck comedy gold with his subtle, touching masterpiece Billy Madison. But this movie was bad, with a capitol S T I N K S! You'll feel like you're watching it 50 times, not just once! That's not to say my two fave actors, Adam and Drew of course, aren't great. Sandler What went wrong? I went into 50FD with high expectations. After all, this is the same genius who struck comedy gold with his subtle, touching masterpiece Billy Madison. But this movie was bad, with a capitol S T I N K S! You'll feel like you're watching it 50 times, not just once! That's not to say my two fave actors, Adam and Drew of course, aren't great. Sandler gives a smart, subtle performance, and Berrymore is terrific as a girl who's both exactly what she seems and exactly the opposite. However, this plot moves slowly, and it feels like we've seen it all before. The guy who was in The Lord and the Rings saga makes a hillarious guest appearance, but it is not enough to save this sinker. This is one date you won't want to make with your local theater! Expand
  41. SaerA.
    Jun 19, 2004
    50 First Dates does work. I enjoyed the way Drew Barrymore and Adam Sandler work in this hilarious comedy.
  42. GinoE.
    Jun 19, 2004
    A lightweight, funny and touching little film. You gotta like Adam Sandler movies though!!! Otherwise you might not enjoy it. It contains a lot of great jokes that really hit the spot! (too bad that not everyone by far would understand) The nature shots are wonderful and love is sometimes truly in the air! If you're a couple who's in love and both enjoy Sandler-humor, this is A lightweight, funny and touching little film. You gotta like Adam Sandler movies though!!! Otherwise you might not enjoy it. It contains a lot of great jokes that really hit the spot! (too bad that not everyone by far would understand) The nature shots are wonderful and love is sometimes truly in the air! If you're a couple who's in love and both enjoy Sandler-humor, this is the one to see!!! Good apperance by Dan Aykroyd by the way. And Schneider as usual. Expand
  43. PatrickH.
    Jun 17, 2004
    Absolutely hilarious!!! Very creative!!!
  44. ChadS.
    Jun 3, 2004
    You'll want to see this story told by a different creative team, because even though Team Sandler fritter away this attractive premise, "50 First Dates" is sporadically intriguing nonetheless. Drew Barrymore gives this puerile movie a lot of levity. She's better than vomit. Rob Schneider's depiction of a native Hawaiian can be frightening, even if you're not a You'll want to see this story told by a different creative team, because even though Team Sandler fritter away this attractive premise, "50 First Dates" is sporadically intriguing nonetheless. Drew Barrymore gives this puerile movie a lot of levity. She's better than vomit. Rob Schneider's depiction of a native Hawaiian can be frightening, even if you're not a full-time subscriber of political correctness. You can be offensive and still be funny(Sara Silverman comes to mind), but Rob Schneider is not, so it's just outright offensive. Expand
  45. MarkB.
    May 24, 2004
    Absolutely nothing works in this astonishingly grotesque, remarkably ill-advised farrago of manipulative sentimentality and unfunny, repulsive gross-out comedy that's reminiscent of Jerry Lewis at his laziest AND most self-indulgent, except that Jerry was never this mean-spirited or misogynistic toward his female supporting characters. If you're looking for Sandler and Drew Absolutely nothing works in this astonishingly grotesque, remarkably ill-advised farrago of manipulative sentimentality and unfunny, repulsive gross-out comedy that's reminiscent of Jerry Lewis at his laziest AND most self-indulgent, except that Jerry was never this mean-spirited or misogynistic toward his female supporting characters. If you're looking for Sandler and Drew Barrymore to repeat their genuine chemistry and rapport from The Wedding Singer, forget it; she seems to sense on some level how unworkable this concept is and seems extremely uncomfortable. Meanwhile, Sean Astin seems to be working very hard...both to appear as repulsive onscreen as costar Rob Schneider AND to completely erase all the goodwill he built up in the Lord of the Rings trilogy. (He nearly succeeds, too.) Under any other circumstances you'd admire the film for not taking the easy way out, but the combination of medical tragedy and truly foul humor is reminiscent of -- to use one of the movie's own images -- an anchovy sundae. No, wait -- let's pick an even more apt image from the film: it's pure, unadulterated walrus vomit. Expand
  46. NateD.
    Apr 23, 2004
    Original script. Very entertaining. Not real deep or life changing...but a good Sandler movie.
  47. FuggiMcGoo
    Mar 5, 2004
    U don't wanna see this movie, If you wanna "in depth" review, check boneho's review on "Confessions of A Teenage Drama Queen.' Its just about the same story.
  48. MaxB.&AlexJ.
    Mar 3, 2004
    Funny but sandler continues to get less funny and worse in each of his movies. Seann Astin was hilarious though.
  49. Colm
    Mar 3, 2004
    Can you say Groundhog's Day meets the Dating Game? I knew you could.
  50. AimeeB.
    Feb 26, 2004
    This movie was hilarious..omg..one of the funniest movies so far this year. Adam and Rob are a great team that make this movie funny and awesome! Two thumbs up..now if only that Rachel girl could just disapper! Life would be soo much better!
  51. RebeccaF.
    Feb 26, 2004
    This movie was cute, but less than memerable.
  52. PeterD.
    Feb 19, 2004
    First of all, i thought this movie was hilarious, and to those of u who cant stand the "potty humor" you shoulda known it would be in this movie since it stars adam sandler, and its not offensive, its funny, this movie was probably geared towards todays generatain anways, not yesterdays.......=)
  53. KrisS.
    Feb 19, 2004
    This is a perfect feel good rental. If you like Drew Barrymore, you'll enjoy just watching her talent on screen again. Although it isn't really anything new and different, it is entertaining and the payoff is the ending, which made me cry!
  54. KateT.
    Feb 18, 2004
    My husband and I really enjoyed this movie. I am very surprised to see such a low metascore. It was funny, cute, and utterly enjoyable to watch. At under 2 hours, it was the right length for a non-serious movie. All in all, a great date flick!
  55. LawrenceR.
    Feb 16, 2004
    Expected so little from Sandler, but Drew has so much charm that even he couldn't trash this movie. Do I hear a Hepburn/Tracey comparison coming on? Well Adam, I knew Tracey, I saw his films and you are no Mr. Tracey!
  56. RachelZ.
    Feb 16, 2004
    can adam sandler please go away. he needs to be booted off the planet along with the following: rob schneider, paul mcartney, celine dion, justin timberlake, michael jackson, britney spears, ic cube, eddie murphy, courtney love, tommy lee, that malcolm in the middle kid, fred durst, kid rock, donald trump, roger lodge, austin powers, mick jagger, janet jackson, aerosmith, and many more can adam sandler please go away. he needs to be booted off the planet along with the following: rob schneider, paul mcartney, celine dion, justin timberlake, michael jackson, britney spears, ic cube, eddie murphy, courtney love, tommy lee, that malcolm in the middle kid, fred durst, kid rock, donald trump, roger lodge, austin powers, mick jagger, janet jackson, aerosmith, and many more who make entertainment suck. Expand
  57. RobertA.
    Feb 15, 2004
    1.funny 2.funny 3.better then mr. deeds 4.liked it.
  58. SteveS.
    Feb 15, 2004
    Though some of the dialogue is ribald and a couple characters are annoying and/or mildly offensive it is hard to miss that the story is rewarding, touching and loving. Adam Sandler is funny and doesn't overdo it here like in so many other of his films. This is what the BORING Punch Drunk Love should have been. Drew Barrymore (looking better than ever!) is terrific. Rob Schneider was Though some of the dialogue is ribald and a couple characters are annoying and/or mildly offensive it is hard to miss that the story is rewarding, touching and loving. Adam Sandler is funny and doesn't overdo it here like in so many other of his films. This is what the BORING Punch Drunk Love should have been. Drew Barrymore (looking better than ever!) is terrific. Rob Schneider was good for a few good yucks as was Sean Astin. What it all boiled down to was a delightful story of love and compassion, dedication and understanding. If you can't feel a bit choked up or have your heart tugged and warmed by the story you need to check your pulse. Those stating they walked out of this movie probably couldn't even get their own first date. Expand
  59. MichelleB.
    Feb 15, 2004
    I LOVED THIS MOVIE! It really kept me laughing the whole entire time! Rob Schneider was excellent in this movie and even though I'm not much of a Drew Barrymore fan, I really enjoyed her character in this movie! I recommend it to all if you want a good laugh!
  60. SarahR.
    Feb 15, 2004
    Ok, so this isn't a masterpiece. But who expects that from an Adam Sandler film? So, instead of rating this against most of the other films i go to see, i'm going to compare it to his other movies. I'd rate it third, behind 1. The Wedding Singer and 2. Big Daddy. My Adam-Sandler-Flick expectations were thoroughly satisfied and I really enjoyed this one. The last couple of Ok, so this isn't a masterpiece. But who expects that from an Adam Sandler film? So, instead of rating this against most of the other films i go to see, i'm going to compare it to his other movies. I'd rate it third, behind 1. The Wedding Singer and 2. Big Daddy. My Adam-Sandler-Flick expectations were thoroughly satisfied and I really enjoyed this one. The last couple of ones (Mr. Deeds, Anger Management) have been ok, but not great. 50 first dates was a lot funnier and the relationship between Adam and Drew is a lot sweeter and more believable. If you don't mind crude jokes, and if you don't go in with huge expectations, this film can be really enjoyable. Expand
  61. JinC.
    Feb 15, 2004
    A completely amiable movie. it's not rocket science and doesn't try to be. what it is is simple and charming with a really great supporting cast... not just saying that... really really good supporting cast the really helps the movie succeed. yes it's syruppy. yes it's crass. and yes it's offensive - for the ludicrously oversensitive. and a fantastic butA completely amiable movie. it's not rocket science and doesn't try to be. what it is is simple and charming with a really great supporting cast... not just saying that... really really good supporting cast the really helps the movie succeed. yes it's syruppy. yes it's crass. and yes it's offensive - for the ludicrously oversensitive. and a fantastic but inexplicable 80s soundtrack. imo, sandler's frustrated weepings alone make the flick worthwhile. good fun. Expand
  62. Bob.B.
    Feb 14, 2004
    I liked it, was funny but lacked sense. Strange ending and I do not know what to think. Enjoyable.
  63. SteveC.
    Feb 13, 2004
    First movie I've ever walked out of. Really offensive characters. Really far fetched premise. Childish potty humor - to really crass. Can't believe any critic would give this a thumbs up. Worst movie I've seen.
  64. TylerS.
    Feb 11, 2004
    It's the best movie i ever saw!!!!
  65. AmberM.
    Feb 11, 2004
    So this is the second bad movie set in Hawaii to be released in the last couple of weeks. (see "Big Bounce") I love Hawaii, but why do all the crappy screenplays have to be set there? Because the writing itself is so godawful, I suppose it needs a little support from the setting. The movie means well, the plot is clever, and and the acting is by and large pretty good (Sean Astin is So this is the second bad movie set in Hawaii to be released in the last couple of weeks. (see "Big Bounce") I love Hawaii, but why do all the crappy screenplays have to be set there? Because the writing itself is so godawful, I suppose it needs a little support from the setting. The movie means well, the plot is clever, and and the acting is by and large pretty good (Sean Astin is hilarious - but is this what a hobbit does when he loses the weird-looking feet?), but so many scenes end with an awkward swing-and-miss THUD that you wonder if the writer wasn't beamed back by the Mars lander. Absolutely no sense of comic timing. And although Rob Schneider was great, I have a feeling that Hawaiians aren't going to be too happy with his character. (And people thought that "Lost and Translation" was racist!) This sucker pulls out every bad pacific islander stereotype in the book. I felt a little embarrassed for him. The bottom line is that if you like "Wedding Singer", you'll still like the chemistry between Sandler and Barrymore. You'll just wish it came in a better movie. Expand

1. As a comedy, 50 First Dates is standard Sandler, but as a love story it left me pleasantly buzzed, if not quite punch-drunk.
    Oscillating gracelessly between the coarse and the merely saccharine, 50 First Dates, directed with zero visual or comedic flair by Peter Segal (Anger Management, Tommy Boy), showcases Sandler's cuddlier side as it reprises the tepid chemistry that he and Barrymore road-tested in "The Wedding Singer."
    The movie's sole selling point turns out to be its sweetness. Sandler, Segal and writer George Wing obviously like all of the characters despite the constant ribbing, and Sandler and Barrymore are as cuddly as a pair of love-struck walruses. But only a sucker would get too close.