8.4

1. Nov 16, 2011
    Exciting, depressing, emotional, moving, amazing. This is the kinda movie you want to see, whether you liked rap or not. The feelings really get to you in this movie. Definitely one of my all-time favorites. It's one of those type of movies where a "bullied kid" gets somewhere and shows all of those bullies who he is, and how they can't stand up to him. Great movie! And even greater withExciting, depressing, emotional, moving, amazing. This is the kinda movie you want to see, whether you liked rap or not. The feelings really get to you in this movie. Definitely one of my all-time favorites. It's one of those type of movies where a "bullied kid" gets somewhere and shows all of those bullies who he is, and how they can't stand up to him. Great movie! And even greater with Eminem in it. Expand
  2. May 27, 2013
    The acting was great and the rap battles were really entertaining. The story line was basic but that doesn't take away from the fact that this is a great film.
  3. Nov 12, 2013
    8 mile freestyles its way to a successful drama.
    With unexpectedly good acting, and an unprecedentedly brilliant script; 8 Mile escapes simply being an average film but slips from greatness do to its untimely length.
  4. JonathanP.
    Jan 4, 2003
    It's da greatis of all time. its past 10 but dats all they had 2 pic frumm.
  5. Mar 27, 2011
    Great movie. I can't stop watching. Eminem fan or not this movie has something for you. This movie is one of the few inspirational movies made of this time
  6. Jan 11, 2014
    Dope movie... The best movie ever made in the history of hip-hop movies... Scratch that, all movies... This movie is a classic... Haters can't talk...
  7. Dec 15, 2013
    Everyone who says this movie was below a 7 has something against Eminem personally. They probably got offended by his lyrics, or couldn't handle the amount of truth this movie holds about hip hop in Detroit. It is a fantastic portrayal of the Detroit lifestyle, being an upcoming artist, and more than anything beautiful direction and soundtrack. Probably the best rap soundtrack for aEveryone who says this movie was below a 7 has something against Eminem personally. They probably got offended by his lyrics, or couldn't handle the amount of truth this movie holds about hip hop in Detroit. It is a fantastic portrayal of the Detroit lifestyle, being an upcoming artist, and more than anything beautiful direction and soundtrack. Probably the best rap soundtrack for a movie...ever. This could be a documentary, and still be incredible. But they gave you a kickass storyline to boot. Lucky you. Expand
  8. Mar 15, 2011
    Let's get one thing out of the way first: Yes, I am an Eminem fan. However, rap is not the only genre I like, and some rap artists make me sick like some people. I listen to just about any genre as long as the music is good, and I am a fan of other bests of different genres, even for orchestrated. 8 Mile was hyped up for a while and I never got to see it, and I thought it would just be aLet's get one thing out of the way first: Yes, I am an Eminem fan. However, rap is not the only genre I like, and some rap artists make me sick like some people. I listen to just about any genre as long as the music is good, and I am a fan of other bests of different genres, even for orchestrated. 8 Mile was hyped up for a while and I never got to see it, and I thought it would just be a typical tale of Eminem trying to become a rapper. But it isn't, and it is a much bigger movie and in my opinion, one of the best of 2002. Thanks to an excellent script, the grittiness, the message, and the fantastic performances, even from Eminem, 8 Mile is an excellent movie that borrows script ideas from great movies, perfects them and is special in its own way. SEE IT! Expand
  9. NickT.
    Jul 16, 2006
    Eminem was absoluty flawless in this movie excellent debut, the best movie I've seen in years.
  10. Oct 3, 2011
    I've seen this movie a long time, but in my lifetime I've seen more than once. While portraying the life of rapper Eminem is also a lesson in life, there is a story based on the problems of today. The movie basically shows that anyone, even if it is considered a nobody, can turn the world upside down by those you love.
  11. Tye
    Jan 1, 2007
    Incredible. The not just the best movie about music ever, but the best single movie ever. Period.
  12. Nov 17, 2010
    Emotional, moving, depressing, exciting, these words are created for this movie. Eminem has outdone himself...................................................................................
  13. Dec 10, 2012
    Eminem it's not an actor and that's for sure, the movie lacks a lot of things but what I loved about the movie it's that the movie has a message and it transmits this message in a very powerful way, and through the life of a music star and of a regular working-class guy. Raw and memorable moments you will find in this movie. You don't need to be an Eminem fan to appreciate it.
  14. LeeP
    Oct 16, 2007
    8mile was the best rap movie there ever willl be in this world. I am a big Fan of eminem and he should make another movie about himself. well got to go peace out and by the way I am a boy who is 15 years old.
  15. ZiftK.
    Oct 27, 2006
    Overall, not a bad film. the best parts of it are at the end, during the rap battles. The rest of the movie is okay. Something to watch when it's on CTV, or whatever channel it would come on. Just don't go into it expecting an AMAZING film. It's a GOOD movie, key word, GOOD.
  16. KayseM.
    Dec 15, 2003
    I rate this movie a 10 because Eminem is the best!!!!! I love the rap battles! And Eminem is really hott!
  17. AbbyH.
    Dec 1, 2004
    Okay, I guess! Not as good as I thought it would be. But, still I'd watch it once again. The battles were the best part in the whole film.
  18. RandiC.
    Oct 8, 2004
    This movie rocks the battels are the best!
  19. andrewj.
    May 15, 2005
    Becoz eminem is da best!!!
  20. NickC.
    Aug 15, 2005
    Cool Movie.
  21. luis34
    Aug 22, 2009
    Its sad to see that eminem haters just keep wasting their time, man i think is time to grow up 8-) and about the movie, well if it isnt perfect still is great peace.
  22. BethH.
    Dec 26, 2004
    I think it is wonderful and is heart warming. i love it and just wow i dont know what to say it is the ebst movie i know.
  23. Jun 10, 2012
    Such a great movie. I wish I could erase my mind and watch this movie for the first time again. Unfortunately I know every word to every freestyle in it, so I have to rap along. But wow, what an amazing movie.
  24. Dec 4, 2011
    "8 Mile", a rap semi-biography film, surprisingly springs up to a masterful level where only a few newbie-movies achieve. Is it because of the grim environment and, although formulaic, a appealing story? Yes, but it's mostly because of Eminem's powerful, absorbing performance. I DEMAND A SEQUEL!!!
  25. Dec 29, 2012
    If you have, one shoot or one opportunity... WATCH this movie, is awesome! Tell a very interesting story about Eminem's life, what makes you understand more about what happened during his life before his career
  26. Mar 27, 2013
    an incredible story an awesome performance by Eminem and most of the story are taken by real events from his life holy waw i mean for a rapper to act like that is just incredible.
  27. CarlH.
    Apr 19, 2003
    Excellent film, I was impressed with the story and the acting. Great performance from eminem. Ratings of 10 because someones your favorite singer or actor are unwarranted as much as ratings of 0 for seeing a film in a genre you don't care for.
  28. J.Cruz
    Nov 19, 2002
    I thought it was a great movie the acting was superb by all the talent. Only problem i had was the sex scene with em and britany they could shortened that part a little bit other then that its a great hiphop film
  29. TarikT.
    Nov 9, 2002
    It was a good movie, Em delivered an oscar worthy performance, same with Mekhi Phifer, and the rest of the crew. It was really cool to see some good old skool beats incorparated in the movie as well, NO JAY-Z thank god!!!!!!!! The only reason i give it an 8, was it was too predictable. This is a must SEE MOVIE.
  30. CharlieM.
    Nov 9, 2002
    It was an ok movie. Em's performance was not that good (he played himself) but hey it was his first movie. The plot was too predictable and in the begining of the move his life sucked and at the end of the movie his life still sucked. Sorry Em this is not gonna be an oscar movie for you.

1. What it's really about is the euphoria that talent can bring to those who are possessed by it. That euphoria lights up the screen.
    A star is born in 8 Mile, all right, but his name is Mekhi Phifer.
  3. Reviewed by: Mike Clark
    The rap sequences are shot and edited with the excitement of a crisply broadcast sporting event, which in a way they are.