8MM

2.6

1. Dec 10, 2012
    8mm has a very good story, it manages suspense properly enough, I don't agree that it shows too much gore, I think that it shows enough of it to probe the film's idea. It's not the best Cage's movie but it's an average suspense movie.
  2. Oct 4, 2011
    Joel Schumacher really doesn't show anything significant or prominent throughout "8MM". Everything's grotesque and lacks the profound air Nicholas Cage tries to present. However I admit that the film certainly did not deserve a 1.9 out of 10; its still entertaining or manageable in a way.
  3. Invincible
    Nov 4, 2006
    Nice movie... a new concept! everyone may not like this one... but good to watch a movie like this!!!
  4. AndrewM.
    May 16, 2004
    Hard to rate this movie...one's conscience argues about whether this is a well made film as opposed to a likeable film. Likeable, it assuredly is not. Well made, I think so...it certainly provokes reaction.

Overwhelming dislike - based on 20 Critics

1. Voyeuristically wallows in the sadistic violence it professes to deplore. What hypocrisy!
    Almost as degrading as any unmarked video you can buy in the back alleys of Manila, and, in its pseudo-significance and arty pretension, it's a lot less honest. I'm heartily sorry I had to poison an entire evening with it.
  3. Reviewed by: David Edelstein
    The moral contortions of 8MM seem especially bogus, a sadomasochistic peep show booth pretending to be a confessional.