8.6

1. Oct 15, 2011
    the movie was interesting to watch, though it has the general flaw of 'based on a true story'-movies of the ending being kind of an anticlimax. but the characters were very believable and i watched it all the way through.
  2. May 7, 2013
    It's a good movie and I went back-and-forth between giving this a 7 or 8, but ultimately chose an 8. Travolta is good in the lead role and Macy is great in his supporting role as well. Being that the movie is based on a true story, the empathy you feel for the plaintiffs is certainly more powerful and I think that really helps the film along. Robert Duvall was also great in his role as theIt's a good movie and I went back-and-forth between giving this a 7 or 8, but ultimately chose an 8. Travolta is good in the lead role and Macy is great in his supporting role as well. Being that the movie is based on a true story, the empathy you feel for the plaintiffs is certainly more powerful and I think that really helps the film along. Robert Duvall was also great in his role as the defense attorney. Expand
  3. Nov 18, 2012
    A Civil Action proves to be a solid legal drama, and that's mostly thanks to its stellar characters, who are played with quiet control by some talented actors.

A courtroom drama which is sufficiently different and thought-provoking that I can recommend it with a clear conscience.
  2. Reviewed by: Emanuel Levy
    A solid and intelligent legal thriller that may be too complex in its issues, and too low-key and unexciting in its style, for today's market demands.
  3. Reviewed by: David Ansen
    Zaillian's meaty movie, at once bleak and hopeful, speaks volumes about the maddening distance between justice and the justice system.