7.3

1. Dec 4, 2013
    A drama movie can be saved by a good cinematography, a good plot or even good acting, this movie is below average on all.
    I'm European and it doesn't hurt me to say our movies are quite inferior on many levels to the american ones. 'A Hijacking' is a perfect example.
    Plot/Story 3 Fails completely to make the viewer empathize with the situation, the time passage is very poorly

Plot/Story 3
    Fails completely to make the viewer empathize with the situation, the time passage is very poorly organized. If for some reason you are not paying much attention to the movie timeline, you will feel like a week as passed, when in fact it was months, and this is bad since this movie is essentially about the drama of time passage in a hijacking situation.
    The characters are like empty shells where "random" drama was inserted, they fail to make the viewer empathize with their problems.

Acting 4
    Most of the time the acting was below average, sometimes with very bad acting.

Cinematography 3
    Nothing interesting in it, it didn't gave a sense of anything, it added nothing to the movie.

A drama that fails at being dramatic, a suspense that isn't suspenseful, it's just a story, its up to you if you want to hear it or not.

1. Reviewed by: Joe Williams
    Jul 12, 2013
    Director Lindholm is a graduate of the Dogma school, and he is able to maintain tension with a documentary camera technique, virtually no music and minimal on-screen theatrics.
  2. Reviewed by: Ty Burr
    Jun 27, 2013
    A Hijacking tells a simple story whose ripples ultimately turn into tidal waves.
  3. Reviewed by: Michael O'Sullivan
    Jun 27, 2013
    To refuse to call A Hijacking a thriller is not to say it isn’t thrilling, in a dryly cerebral way. Writer-director Tobias Lindholm has a point to make, and he makes it pungently.