A Walk to Remember

8.8

1. Nov 15, 2011
    Lol most cliche eh? Don't make me laugh. If its a cliche then your getting too old. This movie is original, and heart touching. Watched it with my gf and she nearly cried her eyes out. Good Movie and Great Book by Nicholas Sparks!
  2. Mar 23, 2013
    It is a rare movie indeed that inspires like this one. I'm impressed with the quiet virtue of the story and am astounded at the disparity between the "professional" critics and us regular folk.
  3. Jun 22, 2014
    "The Best " movie i have watched till now and nothing beats it ,not even the notebook,especially if your a teenager.the soundtrack was awesome and the last song "cry" was really moving.Not ashamed to say that i cried after watching it.
  4. PilarR.
    Apr 4, 2009
    I was surprise when I saw the critical reception of this movie. I watched it this morning and it's definitely a walk I will remember. The way they fall in love reminded me quite a bit of 'Naley' from one tree hill and yet it had this whole sentimental feeling to it. It's not the kind of film where the most important thing is to make some good shots with the camera, and I was surprise when I saw the critical reception of this movie. I watched it this morning and it's definitely a walk I will remember. The way they fall in love reminded me quite a bit of 'Naley' from one tree hill and yet it had this whole sentimental feeling to it. It's not the kind of film where the most important thing is to make some good shots with the camera, and I think that's what makes it so memorable. It's completely worth watching and, even though it's a bit too sentimental for me, I suggest everyone who has a chance to not listen to the Cinemato...what ever their called reviewers and watch it - but remember to have a tissue in your hand. Expand
  5. ManuelP.
    Aug 2, 2002
    I am personally astounded by some of the apparent negative criticism regarding this movie. Are we so conditioned by society that we fail to appreciate a motion picture that illustrates an honest story of love, faith, and inspiration? What is life worth living for if it isn't for these very same sentiments? Are you disappointed because this film doesn't provide the daily dosage I am personally astounded by some of the apparent negative criticism regarding this movie. Are we so conditioned by society that we fail to appreciate a motion picture that illustrates an honest story of love, faith, and inspiration? What is life worth living for if it isn't for these very same sentiments? Are you disappointed because this film doesn't provide the daily dosage of sex, violence, dishonesty, and perverted comedy? Or is it the mentioning of God and the portrayal faith that scares you? "A Walk to Remember" is absolutely one of the most moving and praiseworthy pictures I have ever seen, especially from Hollywood! Furthermore, it is not just a "teenage love story" or "chick flick"; I find it deals with the foundational principles of life and although presented with a romantic ring, delivers a much more meaningful message. It firmly supports moral values and principals that directly oppose the typical Hollywood influence. I applaud its boldness for standing up against the norm. It is one of the only films that helps me find hope for today's movie industry. My perspective is from the standpoint of a very happily married Christian man, near thirty, who adores his wife and daughter. I cannot see anyone, with a heart, walking away from this movie without feeling something special. Expand
  6. JohnT.
    Apr 9, 2006
    It is a story of: faith (in God and its love), reconciliation (between teens and parents) forgiveness (to a father who let down a joung kid), discovery (of others' deep sentiments and aspirations) It is a real journey with an unexpected transformation (of Landon from kid to a man) inspired y a beautiful Many Moore, whose voice and songs is spectacular. Get straith on top of my film It is a story of: faith (in God and its love), reconciliation (between teens and parents) forgiveness (to a father who let down a joung kid), discovery (of others' deep sentiments and aspirations) It is a real journey with an unexpected transformation (of Landon from kid to a man) inspired y a beautiful Many Moore, whose voice and songs is spectacular. Get straith on top of my film collection and is a daily inspiration in my life. It would have deserved some better judgement from cinematografic critics. This is a true masterpiece for those who can understand its deep meaning (far beyond the simple love story). Expand
  7. JimmyS.
    Jul 18, 2002
    Long horrible and way to unbelievable.
  8. chrissac
    Mar 19, 2008
    I absolutely love this movie. A lot of people dislike it but i really do like it. It has its funny times and it also has the time to where you should really feel like you are there with the actors. This movie is great.
  9. BenD
    Apr 24, 2009
    Superb colours, score and storyline.
  10. MatthewS.
    Feb 16, 2006
    this is the most touching and influening movies I ever seen.
  11. CelestineS.
    Jul 28, 2009
    One of my favorite movies of all time, the story, the message the themes, it was just so beautiful and touching. Shane's and Mandy's acting was perfectly done! Their characters were perfectly portrayed, the emotion, their personalities, the love, the sincerity, the sadness...This movie is their best performance of their careers.
  12. DaveC.
    May 10, 2003
    The most cliche-riddled movie I have ever seen in my life. The teeny-boppers seem to enjoy it. Anyone else with half a brain should avoid it like the plauge.
  13. Aug 29, 2011
    I honestly find it hard to believe that any sensible person would want to subject themselves to this utter tripe. Full of character archetypes, shameless manipulation, trite dialogue, and contrived drama, A Walk to Remember is unmistakably the work of a hack; a hack thinks this is the only way to write a compelling romance. Excuse me, but I like romances where I feel for the couple becauseI honestly find it hard to believe that any sensible person would want to subject themselves to this utter tripe. Full of character archetypes, shameless manipulation, trite dialogue, and contrived drama, A Walk to Remember is unmistakably the work of a hack; a hack thinks this is the only way to write a compelling romance. Excuse me, but I like romances where I feel for the couple because I like them as people, not because they're religious and contrived illnesses separate them. That's how you can tell when a movie does not care for its own integrity, and simply chooses to manipulate. There are no characters in this mass, only archetypes and contrivances. Expand
  14. Clay
    Jan 25, 2007
    Boring, and totally unoriginal. A girl who gets teased a lot, and then some popular guy spends time to fulfill her top 3 to-do list? What? If you're going to go fantasy/fairytale, make it a cartoon. It isn't horrible, but it falls short and it's dull.
  15. Oct 23, 2011
    Another love story full of cliches, what is the point of watch a movie that tries hard to make you feel bad for someone or something? a movie that doesnt teach you anything? this is too predictible
  16. Jun 17, 2012
    Kid that falls in with wrong crowd, check. Shy, theater chic that no one likes, check. A bad-moral friend that tries to stop the couple, check. Random black friend thrown in to do aimless rap and crack terrible jokes, check. A-hole dad with a stick in his butt that pulls it out in the end, check. Dad that abandoned his son but tries to reconnect, check. Dying person romance with aKid that falls in with wrong crowd, check. Shy, theater chic that no one likes, check. A bad-moral friend that tries to stop the couple, check. Random black friend thrown in to do aimless rap and crack terrible jokes, check. A-hole dad with a stick in his butt that pulls it out in the end, check. Dad that abandoned his son but tries to reconnect, check. Dying person romance with a list of stuff to do, check. Girl who can sing and gets a leading role due to this fact only, check. Sappy love scenes where Mandy retains the same facial expression, a wedding, a death, a bad choice, lesson on faith.. Should I go on and on? The two dudes in the movie that fall out as friends show a bit of acting snuff, but the girls are simply terrible. I'm sorry, but a teen with leukemia isn't gonna be dancing around in school plays and singing up a storm. I am a Christian, so I admire the message this movie attempts to convey, but it just isn't enough. I think my favorite part of the movie was the opening 5 minutes. The rest has no plot, jumbled character archetypes, and one cheesy cheesy cheesy moment after the next. Really, is this what the intelligence level of our teen girls has fallen to? Expand
  17. AngelL.
    Nov 20, 2005
    A movie too beautiful for the cynical mind to accept. Mandy Moore was sorely lacking in experience though perhaps that leant credibility to her role. Shane West was fantastic! He knew the role and tended to its requirements. He had me bought, hooked, and breaking it off with the Significant Other, and that was before he pleaded with his cardiologist father to cure a cancerous Jamie. I A movie too beautiful for the cynical mind to accept. Mandy Moore was sorely lacking in experience though perhaps that leant credibility to her role. Shane West was fantastic! He knew the role and tended to its requirements. He had me bought, hooked, and breaking it off with the Significant Other, and that was before he pleaded with his cardiologist father to cure a cancerous Jamie. I mean honestly, who doesn't want; crave to be loved by Shane's Landon? A lover's movie. Parents, Siblings, Friends, Fresh and Jaded lovers. In written form it drips candy, but allow yourself and you too will empty the kleenex boxes. In short, Everyone wants to be Jamie, but we're all afraid to admit it. Terrified of breaking step with the norm. Perhaps we wait until death knocks on our door. Expand
  18. Oct 26, 2010
    not a terrible movie, but not that good.
  19. Feb 9, 2013
    Though I'm always up for a chic flick, the acting in this movie makes it just painful to watch. Some cry at the end of the movie, I cried hoping it would just end.
  20. MarilynV.
    Oct 2, 2002
    One of the great things about this movie is that when you cry over and over again, you realize how much love means to you and how precious all the little moments in life are.
  21. chelsea
    Jun 26, 2005
    Best movie ever! in the society we have now, where teens are wild, sex is everywhere. we could hardly know teenagers like jaime and landon. the movie just shows us that there is more to life than just sex and fame. Love, hope and faith still exist.
  22. JajaP.
    Mar 18, 2002
    What a wonderful love movie.
  23. JustinB.
    Jul 30, 2002
    Going into the movie, from a guy's prospective, I was not thrilled with the idea of a pop star movie. 'Great, Mandy Moore is in it, whoopy.' But, for a chick flick, the movie was pretty good. The acting from the 2 leads was way better than expected, but the direction and production of the film lacked to say the least. Sparks should have gotten the production staff from his Going into the movie, from a guy's prospective, I was not thrilled with the idea of a pop star movie. 'Great, Mandy Moore is in it, whoopy.' But, for a chick flick, the movie was pretty good. The acting from the 2 leads was way better than expected, but the direction and production of the film lacked to say the least. Sparks should have gotten the production staff from his other book's movie 'Messege in a Bottle" for this movie. Also, considering all of the footage that had to be taken out to acheive the PG rating, the movie probably would have flowed better as a PG-13 movie. Regardless, its about time that a considered 'teen' movie was a good film and wasn't loaded with superficial crap. Not to mention, the soundtrack is actually pretty good too. Featuring Mandy Moore of course, West's band makes a cameo and Switchfoot and Cold have great songs on it too. To sum it up, the film was 'ok' ....hint for the fellas, take your girl to see this one ;) Expand
  24. Aie
    Jul 8, 2002
    A very nice MOVIE!!! watch it over a hundred times...! you'll cry if you will watch this beautiful movie.. this is the first movie i'm dying to watch. AWTR RULEZ!!!
  25. Lynn
    Aug 3, 2002
    This was a decent movie. My boyfriend liked the cars, and I liked the plot. Not the best love story, but worth watching, especially when you want a good cry.
  26. JennaL.
    Jan 6, 2003
    I thought it was fabulous! Finally there is a movie that doesn't need to have all the discusting details that all the silly producers put into movies today just to get an audience's attention! This is true love that doesn't end at just a kiss like most stories. It shows people that you can live life to the fullest, and have love. True love. Now I am not a little teeny I thought it was fabulous! Finally there is a movie that doesn't need to have all the discusting details that all the silly producers put into movies today just to get an audience's attention! This is true love that doesn't end at just a kiss like most stories. It shows people that you can live life to the fullest, and have love. True love. Now I am not a little teeny bopper. Romance stories can be a bit on the weird side, and sometimes even creepy. But if you had an open mind, then you would see the beauty in this film. Yes I am a Christian. That may change my opinion of it, but even if I wasn't this movie would always be a good break from all the gross things they put in the other films and their content. This is new, and refreshing! I loved it! Thank heavens for such a marvelous movie! Expand
  27. Jean
    Feb 20, 2003
    i thought this movie was great. it's definitely one of my favorites. it was really sweet and it shows how people can change someone else's life. it's all about faith, hope, and love. i don't think i'll ever meet anyone as sweet as the main characters in this movie. i plan to read the book too and hopefully it's as good as the movie-maybe even better!
  28. RyanM.
    Feb 9, 2003
    This movie is botched beyond humor, parody and watchability.
  29. MaxA.
    Sep 6, 2004
    We watch movies to get entertained by actors and actresses as they are viewed from a screen. It's extra if we learn something like information which we could say is adaptable in our lives at whatever age or view refreshing sceneries and listen to outstanding sound tracks. This movie may depict intelligent romance that can occur in a cemetery under the stars. But it's more than We watch movies to get entertained by actors and actresses as they are viewed from a screen. It's extra if we learn something like information which we could say is adaptable in our lives at whatever age or view refreshing sceneries and listen to outstanding sound tracks. This movie may depict intelligent romance that can occur in a cemetery under the stars. But it's more than an intelligent romance. It can go beyond that since the characters may have been products of imagination, but viewed on the screen, they are real and the viewers can relate to any character be it the fathers the mother or the school principal. It's definitely more emotional than any other love stories with the lead and other characters perfect for their roles. Mandy and Shane had a good chemistry onscreen. You can not think of other actors who can make the effects that these two had generated for the movie. Cast these two again in another movie and it will be a blockbuster like Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan...but this time, don't include di novi as the producer...and more importantly don't rush the editing on Mandy's facial expressions. The movie could have been the best ever for the professional critics if it had been filmed meticulously without any obvious mistakes in editing,costumes, rushed scenes etc. We users don't mind them but the critics emphasize them. Expand
  30. Sarah
    Oct 11, 2002
    I own the DVD of this movie. I partially like this because of the music. Mandy more is such a great singer. Also I think Shane west is SOOOOOO cute. His picture hangs up in my locker. This movie makes a great point and I think that it could change a person's look at the world completely. GREAT JOB GUYS!
  31. SamanthaB.
    Jan 27, 2002
    This is probally the best movie I have ever seen. It's filled w/so much emotion. It's the best.
  32. KristieM.
    Feb 7, 2002
    This is the sweetest movie I've ever seen! It is a great date movie. I've also got to give props to Mandy Moore and Shane West. Their acting was great!
    Apr 6, 2002
    Yea this movie was good.
  34. VeronikM.
    May 2, 2002
    I loved this movie soooo much :) I recommend this to anyone who loves drama movies!!! I hope you enjoy it :)
  35. AmmhelC.
    Jun 11, 2002
    This movie is the best for me, one of the sweetest movie that i've watched. I like the story very much!!!!! so very romantic.
  36. MasoodAliKhanA.
    Jun 8, 2002
    I Love this movie and why i rate it 10 because it touches the heart of a lover.
  37. CamilleL.
    Jul 12, 2002
    Good movie! Loved it. Recommend it to anyone.
  38. ChuckW.
    Jul 21, 2002
    I'm a 34 year old male married with children. I think this movie made the biggest impression on me than any other movie I have ever seen. It really has reinforced my faith and made me look at things with more humility. I saw myself as a male version of Jamie when I was that age, which was not easy since I am a man. I have to say that I actually cried.
  39. Monique
    Jul 21, 2002
    this was the best movie that i have seen in a long time! (and i go to the movies a lot!) Shane West is so HOT and Mandy Moore has really good songs. I totally recommend this movie to everyone. I give it 5 stars. oh and if you area chick you will CRY!! i know i did (lol).
  40. TinaA.
    Jul 22, 2002
    I really loved this movie! This is my all time favorite movie! Titanic was my favorite movie, however this movie is more sweet b/c they got married and she didnt do anything with him. I mean its not like Titanic or Crossroads where obviously they have a few not so great parts for younger children. This movie really is sweet. Mandy Moore is my favorite movie star so that also was I really loved this movie! This is my all time favorite movie! Titanic was my favorite movie, however this movie is more sweet b/c they got married and she didnt do anything with him. I mean its not like Titanic or Crossroads where obviously they have a few not so great parts for younger children. This movie really is sweet. Mandy Moore is my favorite movie star so that also was incorporated with how much I liked and enjoyed this movie. Shane West did a great job in the beggining with being a jerk/sweet guy. I think everyone should see this movie! Expand
  41. TonyaO.
    Jul 26, 2002
    I give it a 10!!! This has been one of the best movies that I have ever seen. I was so touched by it, seeing how Landon's (West) life was changed thanks to Jamie (Moore). It was also great because it didn't have much if any bad langauge and no nude scenes.
  42. KittfromNJ
    Jul 5, 2002
    What a refreshing change of pace from the usual obscene, raging hormone teenage movies of today! As an adult viewer with teenagers of my own, I appreciate the Jamie character, who stands on her own morals and doesn't care what others think of this in her. A very sweet movie: Moms & Dads: rent this one and watch it with your teenagers -- both sons and daughters. Enjoy!
  43. ChristaM.
    Aug 10, 2002
    I believe this is one of the few great movies out there. It holds something above the rest. There are no scenes in which the characters are nude and there's not an overabundance of swearing or fighting. The acting by Shane West and Mandy Moore is OUTSTANDING, and I am quite suprised by the many bad reviews. I think that everyone can relate to this movie in some way, and that the I believe this is one of the few great movies out there. It holds something above the rest. There are no scenes in which the characters are nude and there's not an overabundance of swearing or fighting. The acting by Shane West and Mandy Moore is OUTSTANDING, and I am quite suprised by the many bad reviews. I think that everyone can relate to this movie in some way, and that the world would be much better off if we all took more notice of Mandy Moore's character Jamie, and her qualities. The message (s) behind this movie is also a strong one that I believe we could all learn from. Overall, I wish more movies took on the qualities of this one...because it is one of the best movies I have seen in a long time. Expand
  44. Paula
    Sep 10, 2002
    I love this movie, I think it is very real, it makes me cry.
  45. Vee
    Sep 13, 2002
    This movie was really good because of the acting and the plot of the movie. It makes me cry every single time I watch it and some people think its hard to believe it because I'm a guy. All I have to say is that this movie ranks top on my list for romantic movies to watch with that special someone because you realize that the love two people share will last forever, no matter what happens.
  46. KathleenW.
    Nov 20, 2003
    I loved this movie and thought it was brilliant. The acting was awesome and every time I see it, I cry buckets. This movie has a really great message and I believe all should see it. The whole cast should be proud of a job well done.
  47. MelanieB.
    Mar 8, 2003
    It is the perfect movie for Valentine's Day. I cryed my eyes out when i saw it. I LOVE IT SO MUCH!!!!
  48. JimC.
    Aug 2, 2003
    Some reviewers didn't like the sappiness. Putting Switchfoot to harps in the score was a little disconcerting. How would you un-sappify this movie? Maybe with an angst-driven sex romp by Landon (West), or a top-of-the-lungs cussout of school officials, or a splattery Columbine climax where we "understand the alienation of the shooter"? Oh wait, that's already been done (Boston Public).
  49. SharonG.
    Sep 10, 2003
    A very cute film... mandy moore can really act.
  50. PandaBabbay
    Jan 3, 2004
    I love it! It so sweet. Everyone that hates Shane West is just jealous.
  51. SaerA.
    Feb 16, 2004
    This movie was so good! It had everything u want in a movie! This is a sweet and sad movie.
  52. Patty
    Apr 3, 2004
    Shane West is sooo hot and sensitive in this movie. And he's great with Mandy Moore. This movie is so romantic that it deserves a 10!
  53. BhanuK.
    May 4, 2004
    The Most Romantic movie ever. I was never so much touched by a movie. Mandy Moore was very cute. Shane West also rocks!
  54. ChritopherN.
    Aug 16, 2004
    As a U.S. Marine, I loved this movie, mandy moore and shane west are outstandingly superior in this movie!
  55. Kris
    Aug 23, 2004
    This movies makes you think about life in a different way, i love it.
  56. amoaa.
    Nov 6, 2005
    Beautifull love story:)
  57. jessw.
    Oct 19, 2005
    It was the best ever movie and it makes me cry everytime i watch it.
  58. BrandyA.
    Apr 4, 2005
    One of the most touching movies i've ever saw. A really good movie, loved it!
  59. LesB.
    Nov 15, 2002
    I'm a guy and I thought this movie was GREAT. Shows about faith, but just a Really good Movie. Music by Mandy Moore was really good. In my opinion DON'T MISS IT.
  60. Don
    Nov 17, 2002
    This is one of the more touching movies that I have ever seen in my life, right up there with Titanic. It makes you look at life in a different light, and makes you want to be a more kind and loving person towards people, especially being a Christian, and this being a Christian, faith based movie.
  61. SandraL.
    Oct 19, 2002
    Great acting by all.
  62. EthanF.
    Mar 26, 2002
    This movie was absolutely inspiring, heart-warming and indescribably sweet. A fresh overwhelming outlook to fairytale romances, furthur redeemed to 'a great romance film' with two charming, gorgeous and talented leads.
  63. AllieS.
    May 30, 2002
    The movie was very emotional Deserves a 15 out of 10.
  64. LaurenH.
    Jul 11, 2002
    This might not be a movie that is worthy in Hollywood of an Oscar, but it wins over the hearts of those that believe that beautiful and simple things really do happen in this world.
  65. KristaN.
    Jul 10, 2002
    This movie was great! It's a good movie for young people that there is more to life than what they have now. The movie is very sweet and touching. Another thing! Sad movies always make me cry! I think this would be number one!
  66. Melissa
    Jul 14, 2002
    I really, really like this movie. It was so sad to watch, and even though there are hundreds of movies like it, and so many cliches in it, I still really like it because when you watch it you can't help but feel sad, because this is something that could happen to you in real life, and thinking about that possibilty makes the movie sad, in a good way. It was really, really good, and I really, really like this movie. It was so sad to watch, and even though there are hundreds of movies like it, and so many cliches in it, I still really like it because when you watch it you can't help but feel sad, because this is something that could happen to you in real life, and thinking about that possibilty makes the movie sad, in a good way. It was really, really good, and so was the book! Expand
  67. JewelsP.
    Jul 14, 2002
    WOW!
  68. NicoleK.
    Jul 18, 2002
    This movie was the best one that I have ever seen! It's the perfect movie and i am so glad I saw it!
  69. MeL
    Jul 19, 2002
    This was the best drama movie I've ever seen it was so beliveable..and beautifully done by the actors..I would rate it 5 stars!
  70. JessicaE.
    Jul 21, 2002
    I found the actor's to have incredible chemistry, and this is what makes this "walk" memorable. The story is a bit old-fashioned, but what most critics have not seemed to considered is that the movie is based on a book, in which the time period was the 1950s. Modernizing it seemed to make it cliched, but taking the book and it's timetable into consideration, this movie was as I found the actor's to have incredible chemistry, and this is what makes this "walk" memorable. The story is a bit old-fashioned, but what most critics have not seemed to considered is that the movie is based on a book, in which the time period was the 1950s. Modernizing it seemed to make it cliched, but taking the book and it's timetable into consideration, this movie was as sweet as "candy". Expand
  71. LaurenD.
    Jul 25, 2002
    Surprisingly Better than most would expect, still slightly weak in story and dialect.
  72. AshleyW.
    Jul 3, 2002
    This is a great movie. Its so sweet and I suggest reading the book too cause it was even better!!!
  73. Angie
    Jul 6, 2002
    This movie is the best i've seen in a while. It is proof that a movie can be entertaining without having guns and bombs, it actually has a story! That alone is a reason to like it! I find that the cast was perfect and unlike most movies the couple actually looked like a couple. I wouldn't change anything about this movie. Of course there are a few small mistakes....what movie This movie is the best i've seen in a while. It is proof that a movie can be entertaining without having guns and bombs, it actually has a story! That alone is a reason to like it! I find that the cast was perfect and unlike most movies the couple actually looked like a couple. I wouldn't change anything about this movie. Of course there are a few small mistakes....what movie doesn't....and it was a departure from the book I am telling everyone to see it! Expand
  74. LatassiaK.
    Aug 17, 2002
    Nothing but a perfectly superb mandy moore starring thing.. shane west looks yummy despite the frowning face. well, what happens when two multi-talented individuals put together in one mushy and heart-warming movie? 10 isnt enough to describe it.
  75. Liu
    Sep 21, 2002
    I deeply appreciate a non-violence, non-sex, and non-hopelessness movie in the market.
  76. LauraG.
    Sep 24, 2002
    I loved this movie! there's just something about it that captures your emotions and really makes you think about life and love. Even if I think about it i cry let alone when i watch it. This is my all-time favourite movie!!!!
  77. BrittanyS.
    Sep 8, 2002
    This is the best movie ever it makes u cry and it also makes u happy at times.
  78. Robert
    Jan 1, 2003
    I didnt think that this movie would be especially good, but I was pleasantly surprised. The acting was surprisingly well done, and overall I found it very watchable, if slow at points.
  79. Courtney
    Jan 6, 2003
    This is the sweetest movie ever! It's a little corny at parts, but . . . I dunno, I guess I like corn. It always gets me a little teary, but I guess I like that too. This movie is really romantic and the only complaint I have is that nobody has done any of the stuff Shane West did for Mandy for me!
  80. Christina
    Feb 27, 2003
    This is the best movie I've ever seen in all in 18 years! It's a relief to see a good christian girl play the lead role in this movie. Also the fact their was no sex scenes in this movie was a relief. Considering in most movies in tv shows and movies there are now days. Also this movie makes you feel all warm and cozy inside. I can't help but cry when I see it. I hope we This is the best movie I've ever seen in all in 18 years! It's a relief to see a good christian girl play the lead role in this movie. Also the fact their was no sex scenes in this movie was a relief. Considering in most movies in tv shows and movies there are now days. Also this movie makes you feel all warm and cozy inside. I can't help but cry when I see it. I hope we have more movies out like this in the future. Also the fact that Shane West is such a cutie didn't hurt either! Expand
  81. Maria
    May 22, 2003
    Very touching. it made me cry.
  82. GeraldeneL.
    Jan 10, 2004
    I felt that the film inspired people on how to live life to its fullist. I thought the actors were brilliant and totally worth watching again. It was amazing.
  83. za
    Nov 25, 2004
    I love it.
  84. KarenF.
    Oct 19, 2004
    It was a very good movie i really injoyed watching it. There was a couple sad spots but i got threw them. very good movie.
  85. SaraH.
    Dec 10, 2004
    [***SPOILERS***] This was a great movie! I cried at almost every part!! The saddest part is after she tells him that she has leukemia and then she goes back to talk to him and she says that she was afraid she would lose him and he said that would never happen, it was such a great part and so real!
  86. GordoA.
    Jun 2, 2004
    A sweet movie that lifts you up and a sad movie that brings you down.
  87. ElizabethP.
    Aug 28, 2004
    This film not only captures the message of faith, hope and love, but also allows adolescence to see that not all teenage romances have to be centred around sex. Although sex in movies is "vital", a walk to remember shows that sex isn't a big part of real relationships, just a bonus after we've fallen in love.
  88. JennyZ.
    Sep 13, 2004
    I absolutely lovvve this movie. i thing that the characters are amazing and the story in wonderful. there are few movies in this world that has ever touched me the way this movie has i have watched it at least 20 times and i still can't get enough there are no words to describe how much i love this movie. i am surprised that i didn't get more attention. P.S. shane west is I absolutely lovvve this movie. i thing that the characters are amazing and the story in wonderful. there are few movies in this world that has ever touched me the way this movie has i have watched it at least 20 times and i still can't get enough there are no words to describe how much i love this movie. i am surprised that i didn't get more attention. P.S. shane west is soooooooooo hot in this movie. Expand
  89. RbtshP
    May 11, 2005
    This movie is excellent!!!
  90. AdamC
    Jun 25, 2007
    Great drama movie. It has the laughs, tears, and soft moments a drama movie should have. Good for a date movie or to just pop in and rewatch! One of Mandy's best works.
  91. Rachel
    Oct 17, 2002
    This is one of the best movies i have ever seen they picked the right people for this movie.
  92. LizL.
    Jan 26, 2002
    It is one of the best love movies i've seen.
  93. HaleyL.
    Oct 26, 2002
    I absolutely luved it! The music was gr8 and i wish i had a boyfriend that luved me like that!!!! It was sooo sweet yet sad and was a MAJOR tear jerker!!
  94. RyanA.
    Jun 11, 2002
    It's nice to see a film that doesn't have so much vulgarity. People may think it has bad acting but at least the morals are better than the filth up there.
  95. XavierZ.
    Jul 11, 2002
    I LOVE this movie- Mandy Moore and Shane West were GREAT in this movie! This is the kind of romance that you always wish would happen to you!
  96. MeagW.
    Jul 17, 2002
    I LOVED IT!....a true romantic story...its my all time favorite movie..it inspired me to be different from the world like jamie was...and unstead of going around trying to impress guys at school..to just be different and be myself..the right guy will come along because he likes the way I AM...an amazing movie and book!
  97. LukeH.
    Jul 23, 2002
    I made the mistake of taking my girlfriend to this movie...fortunately, I can play the "sensitive guy" pretty well, so it's all good. Anyway...the movie has some good acting and believable moments--it seems Moore is a better actress than singer. Also, it has the several songs by the rock band Switchfoot, which is the best band in the world, so it can't be all bad. The moving of I made the mistake of taking my girlfriend to this movie...fortunately, I can play the "sensitive guy" pretty well, so it's all good. Anyway...the movie has some good acting and believable moments--it seems Moore is a better actress than singer. Also, it has the several songs by the rock band Switchfoot, which is the best band in the world, so it can't be all bad. The moving of the story from the 50's into present-day didn't really work for me, but it justified the soundtrack (which is really the only reason Hollywood makes movies). I have to admit I cried at the end, but I have seriously overactive tear ducts. If you like chick flicks, this is one of the better ones. Expand
  98. RebeccaS.
    Aug 15, 2002
    This was the best movie in the world. Shane west and Mandy moore were the perfect couple for this film. It is a very sweet movie and I watch it almost all the time.
  99. Kayla
    Aug 23, 2002
    I watch this movie every day! I read to book also. Not only is it a grat movie, but Shane West is the hottest guy in the world!!
  100. MelissaA.
    Aug 26, 2002
    I love it sooooo much! Everytime it makes me cry but at the same time, it makes me very happy, and deftinely makes me have faith and believe everytime i see it.

A monstrosity of a movie that I am all too eager to forget.
  2. Miami Herald
    Reviewed by: Connie Ogle
    The film is well-scrubbed of anything resembling sexuality, more a nonthreatening fairy tale than the romantic drama it aims to be. Its appeal flies straight to the hearts of 13-year-old girls.
    A vehicle for teen singing sensation Mandy Moore. As vehicles go, it's an Edsel.