6.7

1. May 25, 2014
    Accepted was one of the only movies i had to watch for a couple months back in 07 so i have watched it plenty of times and even though the comedy isnt that great i still enjoy this movie a lot even to this day i still laugh and have a good time watching it. I know people dont like Justin Long but i dont think he is all that bad at least thats me. The Concept was nice and it was good that they put a little heart into it maybe if they had put a little more it could have been a good movie rather then a average one. Lewis Black was Lewis Black so he was the best part of the movie every thing he said had me cracking up he is just so hilarious.

Overall i give it 6.5 "Ask Me About My Wiener!!"
  2. Aug 14, 2013
    This is an underrated movie. Yes the story is thin and completely unrealistic but the characters, specifically Adam Herschman as the crazy teenage chef who experiments with food and Jeremy Howard as the hysterical freak who can blow up with his mind. Accepted has an inspiring court scene, a skatalogical old man, Jonah Hill dressed as a hot dog and a stupid but absolutely hilarious ending.
  3. May 28, 2013
    Typical brain-dead comedy perfectly suited for anyone currently failing college or regretting the fact that they never attended. Cliche in almost every regard, with a horrible leading actor, and a boring "rebellious young teen vs. old white men" philosophy that seals its place in the worst of the worst.
  4. Nov 12, 2012
    Lewis Black, the standout here, still manages to suffer from the bland script, which takes the potential 'Accepted,' had, and shoves it down the toilet.
  5. Nov 4, 2012
    Certainly watchable, but the combination of infrequent laughs and a familiar characters and plot make a very forgettable comedy. More annoying than endearing.
  6. Sep 7, 2011
    I put this movie in expecting to see an American Pie knock-off that I was going to hate. I was pleasantly surprised to find an amusing comedy with a very good point: our current system of higher entertainment sucks. If you're one of those yuppies who supports college 100% and believe a future without it is impossible, pass this by. If your one of the people who got rejected from college, or went to college and realized how ridiculous it is, you'll love this movie. Collapse
  7. Aug 26, 2011
    While the idea of progressive education is one that I'd like to see more of, it doesn't come from a movie this preposterous and oddly preachy when it gets to be serious.

1. Reviewed by: Justin Chang
    Sweetly amusing, gently anarchic and never mean-spirited.
  2. After a very funny start, there just isn't enough content to fill the feature-length curriculum.
  3. Reviewed by: Scott Foundas
    Accepted is an inspired premise in search of a movie: What starts out as a scabrous takedown of academic bureaucracy ends up yet another modestly rousing underdog story about the little slacker that could.