5.0

1. Aug 11, 2014
    Me and my lady friend went through RedBox, searching for something to watch because Netflix has been letting me down. Standing, hitting the next button over and over and over, I was about to give up when I saw this title. Interesting enough, I saw the cast, and again was intrigued.
    Lately we have been on a 'Parks and Rec' kick, so seeing Amy Poehler, we were like... "YES!".

We got
    back, put it in, watched and by the end I was very disappointed. With a cast that includes Amy Poehler, Jane Lynch, and Catherine O'Hara I expected something insanely funny with wit around every corner. I wanted, WANTED to pee my pants a little. But none of that happened.

Sure there were funny moments, a little intrigue, but most of it was spent shaking my head. Random events would happen with no reason, no significance to anything else and you'd NEVER hear of it again once it was over.

By the end credits, I was sitting with my jaw on the floor wondering where time had went and what I had just seen. I was shocked at the way they ended it....Not in a good way.

It just... ended... like that. Nothing resolved.

While I was happy to have gotten it out of my system, I wish I wouldn't have spent the $1.25 and would have went with something else. OR taken my chance with Netflix once again.

1. Reviewed by: Steve Persall
    Oct 15, 2013
    The movie zings when Jenkins is snapping off venomous wisecracks, or O'Hara speaks politically incorrectly with only the best intentions. But those moments aren't enough to raise A.C.O.D. above the level of a failed pilot for a racy pay channel sitcom.
  2. Oct 10, 2013
    As a look at the state of modern monogamy — or at least our enduring if misguided faith in it — it’s refreshingly acerbic.
  3. Reviewed by: Mick LaSalle
    Oct 10, 2013
    That's a lot of talent and star power at play here, made all the more conspicuous in that they don't really get much to work with. Not only is the movie just so-so, but the parts themselves aren't much.