Adventureland

7.4

1. AndyM
    Sep 7, 2009
    This movie was nothing like what it was advertised to be. It was slow and boring. I thought it was supposed to be a comedy, but there was but two funny scenes, and they were lacking. The characters were way undeveloped, the plot was predictable from page one, and the whole thing was completely pointless. Avoid this low-budget artsy wanna-be piece and just go watch juno or something.
  2. clifff.
    Jan 6, 2010
    No laughs until almost the end- when Brennan got his revenge with the punch in the nuts- the rest of it was boringly obvious- the ending so sentimental and predictable.
  3. Jun 12, 2011
    Kristen Stewart is a horrible actress. She licks her lips or sticks her tongue out before she delivers almost every line. This movie was also boring as hell. There was nothing likable about this movie or any o characters in this film. Everybody is just a jerk or a waste of space. It makes me sad that Jesse Eisenberg an Ryan Reynolds were in this movie, they can do so much better. Don'tKristen Stewart is a horrible actress. She licks her lips or sticks her tongue out before she delivers almost every line. This movie was also boring as hell. There was nothing likable about this movie or any o characters in this film. Everybody is just a jerk or a waste of space. It makes me sad that Jesse Eisenberg an Ryan Reynolds were in this movie, they can do so much better. Don't waste your time. Collapse
  4. Droog
    Apr 6, 2009
    I wanted to like this movie, but unfortunately it really sucked. Like many other indie movies, Adventureland thinks it can throw together a bunch of quirky characters in an unusual setting and then just sit back and watch the movie magic happen. Too bad filmmaking doesn
  5. GeorgeH
    Apr 7, 2009
    Unbearably horrible movie. It felt like everyone was doing a Michael Cera impersonation leaving the movie lethargic beyond belief. I didn't laugh once and after an hour I had to leave.
  6. RavenW
    Apr 12, 2009
    The main problem with this movie is the utter self-absorption of its main character. Jess Eisenberg's character does not realize that the other characters who populate this movie also have serious problems. For example, it is obvious that his dad is dealing with alcoholism. However, James chooses to ignore this and instead gets drunk and crashes the family car, and then has the nerve The main problem with this movie is the utter self-absorption of its main character. Jess Eisenberg's character does not realize that the other characters who populate this movie also have serious problems. For example, it is obvious that his dad is dealing with alcoholism. However, James chooses to ignore this and instead gets drunk and crashes the family car, and then has the nerve to complain about having to pay for the damages. Also, it really bothered me how he did not seem to consider the serious emotional issues that Kristen Stewart's character had, instead choosing to focus on how her sleeping with Ryan Reynolds' character effected him-- even though he hooked up with Lisa P! I felt no sympathy whatsoever towards the main character, and just wished that he would grow up. Expand
  7. LeifD
    Apr 13, 2009
    BORING. To be fair, this film had a few truly funny moments, but they were few and far between. As a coming of age teen romance flick, there were some very tense and difficult scenes. Unfortunately they were so uncomfortable that I just wanted them to finish and move on to something else. The only redeeming feature of this movie is getting to look at Kristin Steward for 90 minutes. BORING. To be fair, this film had a few truly funny moments, but they were few and far between. As a coming of age teen romance flick, there were some very tense and difficult scenes. Unfortunately they were so uncomfortable that I just wanted them to finish and move on to something else. The only redeeming feature of this movie is getting to look at Kristin Steward for 90 minutes. She's definitely beautiful. But unfortunately that doesn't justify this otherwise sleepy film. Expand
  8. TylerH
    May 13, 2009
    I think I laughed 2 or 3 times total. Ryan Reynolds is the only character thats at all decent to watch in this movie, and the main character you just want to punch in the face who has the same stupid, skinny geek look to him and always manage to be a chick magnet... i hope this kind of characer is never in another movie, its been abused to its death, enough of it. Its the only character I think I laughed 2 or 3 times total. Ryan Reynolds is the only character thats at all decent to watch in this movie, and the main character you just want to punch in the face who has the same stupid, skinny geek look to him and always manage to be a chick magnet... i hope this kind of characer is never in another movie, its been abused to its death, enough of it. Its the only character Michael Cera plays in everything hes ever been in. Acting was below average, story line meh. Nothing told me that this was at all enjoyable of a movie. Taken way too seriously, even tho its a comedy. I didnt like it much at all. Expand
  9. TomB
    Sep 8, 2009
    Predictability torches you like a thousand suns spewed forth from the drippy face of some stuttering douche bag.
  10. JeremyE
    Oct 4, 2009
    This movie was boring and unimaginative. The characters were simple, and instead of a plot, the audience was provided with the awkward self-loathing middle class teenager which has apparently become the norm.
  11. TomB.
    Oct 20, 2009
    Funniest parts are in the trailer. You think you're getting a comedy in the Superbad vein, but what you'll get is a teenage angsty boring snoozer.
  12. AndyG.
    Oct 29, 2009
    0/10 (unadjusted 4/10), Damion, in order to counter the people who decided that this film is not deeply predictable, formulaic or lacking in laughs - which it is, making it cringe-worthy, frustrating and dull all at once. Entirely 'meh'.
  13. T
    Nov 8, 2009
    Emo teenagers who are somehow in the 80's, and college grads. It's like donnie darko, but without monsters, or funny jokes.
  14. May 6, 2012
    This film to put it in two words is 'stupid **** I mean you think if it has Jesse Eisenberg and Ryan Reynolds and is directed by the guy who made 'Super Bad' you'll get a funny comedy. Oh you couldn't be more wrong i started watching this with my brothers and we were like this should be good. An hour through we hadn't laughed once, not even once it felt like we were watching an endlessThis film to put it in two words is 'stupid **** I mean you think if it has Jesse Eisenberg and Ryan Reynolds and is directed by the guy who made 'Super Bad' you'll get a funny comedy. Oh you couldn't be more wrong i started watching this with my brothers and we were like this should be good. An hour through we hadn't laughed once, not even once it felt like we were watching an endless film with **** jokes no humour, boring scenes, stupid romance and no imagination, all its about is just some guy called James (Jesse Eisenberg)
    who goes and work at a theme park and falls in love. Thats it.

0/10 - Hated it.

On the surface, this might look like a typical teen movie, but Adventureland’s talented cast perfectly portrays the self-loathing and strong-minded characters in that transient post-college stage of life.
    The result is a sharp, insightful, charming motion picture.
  3. What makes the movie such an unexpectedly potent little number is that Adventureland comes to stand for Stagnationland; the real roller coaster (i.e., life) is just outside the park.