9.0

1. Aug 3, 2012
    James Cameron wrote a **** script, and it shows as this film gets cheesier and cheesier as the years go by and Alien gets better and better as the years go by. Some of the acting was absolutely horrible, and the story was uninteresting, and lacked emotion. I wont deny that this was a fun action ride, but it doesn't even come close to Ridley Scott's film, and is not part of the franchise in my opinion. I own the Quadrilogy, and have watched these films probably like 50 times in my life time, and its funny how my first impressions of them have changed so much, and how the really good stuff just got better, but the hidden crap under James Cameron's film just started leaking out over time. Would have given it a higher score as an entertaining action film, but since its the sequel to a fantastic Art film, and it lacks any art on any level it completely fails. Collapse
  2. Oct 3, 2010
    As an action film there are few better than Aliens, but a a sequel to Alien it hugely disappoints. There are few actual scares, of course there are thrilling action sequences, but nothing like the original nerve shredding moments in Alien. It also destroys the representation of the Alien itself. We barely see it in Alien and when we do we are terrified for the characters and the threat of the Alien coming back to Earth is actually scary. In Aliens the creatures are mere cannon fodder, only in large numbers can the be intimidating. As action movie Aliens reigns supreme but as a sci fi or horror its older brother Alien is the one to watch. Expand

I'm giving the movie a high rating for its skill and professionalism and because it does the job it says it will do. I am also advising you not to eat before you go to see it.
    Director James Cameron dumps the decorative effects of Ridley Scott's 1979 Alien in favor of some daring narrative strategies and a tight thematic focus.
    Tautly paced and expertly directed, this roller coaster ride of a motion picture offers a little bit of everything, all wrapped up in a tidy science fiction/action package.