9.0

1. Dec 16, 2014
    What do you get when you take the basic horror template from Alien, and add action into the mix to get awesome results? You get Aliens. Aliens is a significant improvement over the original Alien by Ridley Scott, and this time James Cameron takes the throne. Cameron does an amazing job at making a smooth transition from the first film and adding great special effects to make Aliens anWhat do you get when you take the basic horror template from Alien, and add action into the mix to get awesome results? You get Aliens. Aliens is a significant improvement over the original Alien by Ridley Scott, and this time James Cameron takes the throne. Cameron does an amazing job at making a smooth transition from the first film and adding great special effects to make Aliens an amazing success. 10/10 (Masterpiece) Expand
  2. Nov 30, 2014
    I know this movie is 28 years old, but it's still a cult classic. Now I have to be honest. I like the first movie more than this one. I not a fan of the military story-line. But it stil gets the atmosphere right like the first movie (which is still in my opinion the best of the series). But the Aliens aren't as scary as the one Alien off the first movie. Don't get me wrong. This movieI know this movie is 28 years old, but it's still a cult classic. Now I have to be honest. I like the first movie more than this one. I not a fan of the military story-line. But it stil gets the atmosphere right like the first movie (which is still in my opinion the best of the series). But the Aliens aren't as scary as the one Alien off the first movie. Don't get me wrong. This movie still makes you root for the good guys like none other, scpecially with the little girl's live on the line. This movie is much before my time but I am actually glad I saw Prometheus (all-though it's just a so-so movie) first. It closed some gaps for me for the first and this movie. I give this movie a 8/10. I would give it a 9/10 but I am just not a fan of the military aspect. Expand
  3. Nov 27, 2014
    MY FAVORITE REVIEWS " Aliens". James Cameron is probably one of the best directors living today his movies are awesome ( Terminator , Titanic , Avatar ) Cameron writes , directs a sequel to Ridley Scott's Alien which is the best sequel especially to these gore alien franchise. Sigourney Weavers stars once again as Ripley !!!!!! its fantastic it's a gore fun horror ride. Cameron puts allMY FAVORITE REVIEWS " Aliens". James Cameron is probably one of the best directors living today his movies are awesome ( Terminator , Titanic , Avatar ) Cameron writes , directs a sequel to Ridley Scott's Alien which is the best sequel especially to these gore alien franchise. Sigourney Weavers stars once again as Ripley !!!!!! its fantastic it's a gore fun horror ride. Cameron puts all the good formulas to make a sequel. Grade A+ Expand
  4. Oct 19, 2014
    "Get away from her, you **** Aliens is simply a near perfect sequel to the instant classic we have come to love. Although the supporting cast may fall short, Ripley is more bad ass then ever! Bigger, better and more exciting then ever is just an understatement attached to this film. Aliens expands on the Stella series and leaves the audience craving more! One of the best sequels to ever be"Get away from her, you **** Aliens is simply a near perfect sequel to the instant classic we have come to love. Although the supporting cast may fall short, Ripley is more bad ass then ever! Bigger, better and more exciting then ever is just an understatement attached to this film. Aliens expands on the Stella series and leaves the audience craving more! One of the best sequels to ever be fulled off! Expand
  5. Oct 14, 2014
    An amazing Action/Science Fiction/Horror film that has amazing screenplay, impressive special effects for the time, and great camera work. Aliens manages to even improve on the original.
  6. Sep 28, 2014
    I can't find it in myself to give this a 10, but it comes pretty close. My third favorite James Cameron film (behind T1 & T2) and my 8th favorite movie ever. Why? This thing is filled with suspense, a surprising amount of emotion, and awesome action. It takes a different tone than Alien's nail-biting horror approach, but the action movie we get instead is just as good, if not betterI can't find it in myself to give this a 10, but it comes pretty close. My third favorite James Cameron film (behind T1 & T2) and my 8th favorite movie ever. Why? This thing is filled with suspense, a surprising amount of emotion, and awesome action. It takes a different tone than Alien's nail-biting horror approach, but the action movie we get instead is just as good, if not better than the original. Oh, and it has one of my favorite lines ever.
    Ellen Ripley to the queen alien - "Get away from her, you b*tch!"

9.8/10
  7. chw
    Sep 21, 2014
    Aliens is way better than Alien, probably because this is James Cameron and that was Ridley Scott... Still, both are 9's, but this one's closest to being a 10.
  8. Sep 5, 2014
    James Cameron takes Ridley Scott's place in the director seat for the Alien sequel and it shows.He brings a more terrifying and gritty film with a true battle to the last survivor between aliens and humans
  9. Aug 22, 2014
    Esta película me ha encantado, ha mezclado muy bien los momentos de terror pero también los de acción. Hay partes en las que piensas que los protagonistas no van a lograrlo. Hasta cuando crees que todo acabo la cosa sigue y sigue, llega a impactar aparte de tener algunos personajes memorables, en especial Ripley que aquí muestra que solo por ser mujer no quiere decir que no pueda estar aEsta película me ha encantado, ha mezclado muy bien los momentos de terror pero también los de acción. Hay partes en las que piensas que los protagonistas no van a lograrlo. Hasta cuando crees que todo acabo la cosa sigue y sigue, llega a impactar aparte de tener algunos personajes memorables, en especial Ripley que aquí muestra que solo por ser mujer no quiere decir que no pueda estar a la altura e incluso superar en mi opinión a grandes de la acción como Rambo, Chuck Norris, etc. Esta película en mi opinión es la mejor que he visto hasta el día de hoy. Yo personalmente veo una película y ya me suelo olvidar aunque me guste, pero cuando una película se mete en tu cabeza y te hace pensar aun después de semanas de verla, entonces sabes que es una gran película. Le doy un 10/10 es un clásico, es legendaria y puede que algunas personas piensen que exagero pero me gusto tanto y tanto que tenia que darle una puntuación que iguale a la película. Expand
  10. Aug 12, 2014
    This is the rare sequel that is just as good as the first one. I think I would give the first one a slight edge, but that is no knock against this one because it was honestly awesome. Sigourney Weaver is fantastic here as expected as she reprises her role as Ripley. The whole cast really does a very good job as well. The direction from James Cameron is also great and I liked the addedThis is the rare sequel that is just as good as the first one. I think I would give the first one a slight edge, but that is no knock against this one because it was honestly awesome. Sigourney Weaver is fantastic here as expected as she reprises her role as Ripley. The whole cast really does a very good job as well. The direction from James Cameron is also great and I liked the added action sequences, but I am glad that he did not ignore the horror elements brought by Ridley Scott in the first film. He did a very nice job blending the scares from the first one with a more actiony premise. This combination of thrills with the action is ultimately the film's largest success, as it makes it a very fun one to watch. It is hard to look away throughout because so much is always going on. The special effects were also, largely, good. There were some sequences that looked beyond fake, but all of the stuff with the aliens was convincing and well done. There are definitely some moments that feel a bit cliche here, but regardless of that, Aliens is a very successful sequel that takes what Alien did great and adds a little bit of greatness to it. Expand
  11. Jun 18, 2014
    Contrary to my initial expectation, Aliens is not a sequel with similar directorial style; it is a marvelous action sci-fi movies packed with another strong performance from Sigourney Weaver while still successfully maintaining some elements of horror that took away audiences' breath just like Scott's original film did.
  12. May 12, 2014
    Sigourney Weaver. 64-years-old and DAMN, is she smoking hot or what? Before Avatar, she originally jump started the first Alien movie 35 years ago in 1979 donning the role of one of the hottest sci-fi badass of all time, the iconic Ellen Ripley. This is a lot tougher because I don't know which Alien movie kicks ass, Alien or Aliens (a.K.a Alien 2). I'd go with the second installmentSigourney Weaver. 64-years-old and DAMN, is she smoking hot or what? Before Avatar, she originally jump started the first Alien movie 35 years ago in 1979 donning the role of one of the hottest sci-fi badass of all time, the iconic Ellen Ripley. This is a lot tougher because I don't know which Alien movie kicks ass, Alien or Aliens (a.K.a Alien 2). I'd go with the second installment because thanks to the creative genius of James Cameron and Ridley Scott, I had nightmares watching these pesky Aliens eat people and every time I watch the whole movie, it's Ripley time! This is not only the greatest sci-fi sequels of all time, but it also paved the way for fans even the Girl Power movement that led many women has the ability to what they are fighting for and who they really have the strength and courage to gather those obstacles into what they truly believe in not only for themselves, but for all the women everywhere. Expand
  13. Apr 29, 2014
    Showcasing Weaver and bringing an action orientated feel and a different dynamic to the cat and mouse ambiance the original so brilliantly captured means this is arguably the better out of the two. Arguably.
  14. Apr 20, 2014
    Simply better than the first Alien from 1979 as it has better and more gripping effects, incomparable and better characters, stunning continuation and phenomenally-enjoyable, mid-film action scenes. I also think that 'Aliens' has incredible dialogue from the actors playing their roles, thus it's got great dialogue all-round. Genius directing from master director James Cameron and alsoSimply better than the first Alien from 1979 as it has better and more gripping effects, incomparable and better characters, stunning continuation and phenomenally-enjoyable, mid-film action scenes. I also think that 'Aliens' has incredible dialogue from the actors playing their roles, thus it's got great dialogue all-round. Genius directing from master director James Cameron and also stars Sigourney Weaver as Ripley again.

Spectacular Science-Fiction film that surpasses is's incredible predecessor, THAT is how incredible James Cameron's 'Aliens' really is. 9.5/10. (A-)
  15. Mar 8, 2014
    The best Alien movie I have ever seen, the story is great, the acting is great, the movie is everything I could ever want in a sci-fi/ horror film and more.
  16. Mar 6, 2014
    1/10th the budget of most movies these days. 10 times the "Hell Yeah!" as most movies these days. James Cameron really raised the bar on this one.
  17. Jan 22, 2014
    I have seen it twice over the years, in the late 80s on VHS and recently on DVD with my 10 year-old son. I loved it, though I still rank Sir Ridley Scott's entries, both Alien and Prometheus, above it. This is still pulse-pounding, the closest James Cameron came to authentic expression of emotion (in Ripley) without going maudlin (ie., Titanic, Avatar). The best this cat can do, and milesI have seen it twice over the years, in the late 80s on VHS and recently on DVD with my 10 year-old son. I loved it, though I still rank Sir Ridley Scott's entries, both Alien and Prometheus, above it. This is still pulse-pounding, the closest James Cameron came to authentic expression of emotion (in Ripley) without going maudlin (ie., Titanic, Avatar). The best this cat can do, and miles ahead of Fincher and Jeunet's approaches to the series. Expand
  18. Jan 13, 2014
    James Cameron delivers the goods as he ups the ante in the follow-up to Ridley Scotts masterpiece. Taking place 87 years after the original, Ripley must now face those horrible monsters on a colony. Oodles of fun.
  19. Jan 4, 2014
    Now that's Kick-alien!!

Now that's Kick-alien!!

Firstly make sure you watch Alien (1979) first before reading this review. You may watch Aliens independently but miss out many plot elements key to the franchise. With Alien having established the presence of deadly alien in a suspenseful horror manner this sequel satisfies the kick-alien action which was missing (definitely not necessary) in the first film without sacrificing much of the suspenseful storytelling that made Alien special. Another plus point for Aliens is that it has a strong lead performance by Sigourney Weaver and very impressive visuals for 1986. It has the typical James Cameron touch for both screenplay and direction and does complete justice as a sequel. The movie always has edge of seat thriller feeling with the Aliens getting smarter with every advent thus suspense has a strong hold. The final act is full on entertainer but has feel like the protagonists would escape any kind of dangerous numerous times which has a bit hard to digest apart from that Aliens is among the top lists in sci-fi, a justifying sequel which answers few unanswered questions of 1st film and not to be missed even today.
  20. Dec 24, 2013
    A very good sequel to the original, which is hard to find in films, especially when the first one was so strong. It starts the perfect way, but soon it becomes more about the action than about the suspense, courtesy of James Cameron and his obsession with guns and technology. Entertaining from start to finish and once again Sigourney Weaver gives her all, just perfect. But it can´t beatA very good sequel to the original, which is hard to find in films, especially when the first one was so strong. It starts the perfect way, but soon it becomes more about the action than about the suspense, courtesy of James Cameron and his obsession with guns and technology. Entertaining from start to finish and once again Sigourney Weaver gives her all, just perfect. But it can´t beat the original, too much military stuff and too many aliens. Less is more in this type of films. Still really good. Expand
  21. Dec 14, 2013
    Takes off in a completely different direction from the original. While the first one was more about the fear that arises in people in the face of an unknown and deadly danger, this was more about an all out open warfare between humans and an overwhelming army of aliens, hence the title. I could see hints of James Cameron's other memorable character, The Terminator, in the Ripley of thisTakes off in a completely different direction from the original. While the first one was more about the fear that arises in people in the face of an unknown and deadly danger, this was more about an all out open warfare between humans and an overwhelming army of aliens, hence the title. I could see hints of James Cameron's other memorable character, The Terminator, in the Ripley of this instalment.

I could sympathize with some of the secondary characters, the ones who were well developed, but couldn't care less about the others, who I rightly recognized as cannon fodder from the outset. This time around, a child survivor is thrown into the mix, a girl called Newt. She is a primary character and I found her portrayal very satisfying.

The action sequences were shot extremely well. They both enthralled and kept the tempo running. James Cameron's direction captures every scene with subtlety and precision, a technique which he improved over time and used in delivering a greater film a few years later in the shape of a sequel to another franchise. But this movie amongst his other works proves beyond any doubt that he has all the makings of a great action director.

The effects did not necessarily jump out at you. They seemed to be at the same standard as the ones from the original, even though this was made seven years later. The score was slow paced and haunting.

Ripley seems different from the first movie. She feels like another character. And as it is mainly an action flick, this change is not explored. In Alien, she was a flawed heroine. But here she just fills the boots of a main character, firing guns, killing stuff, and hardly ever pauses for reflection. In essence, she brings nothing new to the table, even though the movie ran for two and a half hours. A lot of this time was spent developing the other characters, some of which were fairly well realized, so some amongst the audience may be more satisfied than I was.

Why I couldn't give this movie a perfect score has a combination of reasons that ultimately has to do with my personal preference. Cameron is clearly intrigued by ideas and stories of heroic men and women struggling to survive against odds ordinary mankind may not be able to cope with. These larger than life super monsters often create much of the action and drama in many of Cameron's other movies too. Ridley Scott's Alien was a simple science fiction, albeit significantly more plausible, tale about a parasitic alien species who reproduce by inhabiting living organisms and killing them eventually.

Cameron does not explain how or why these species came into being, where the Queen came from, or what happened to the ship where these eggs were found at the start of the first film. He simply saw an opportunity to expand the idea into a highly charged gun blazing blockbuster. Now I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it. On the contrary I believe his Terminator 2 is amongst the greatest movies ever made. But Terminator series was his own creation and he made it that way. It was his child to mould as he pleased. This was not. Here I was hoping to see a sequel which would continue the story Scott set out to tell, a kind of story which would encourage philosophical discussions.

I enjoyed the movie for other reasons, though I could not help but feel a little disappointed. I came out of it thinking that Cameron was not capable of delivering a movie that could amaze holding the same concepts the original did. He could have easily retained all the gun fighting and flame throwing but may have dotted the plot with a bit of discussion related to the origin of the species, the engineer species, or anything logical and reasonable he could come up with. If he thought this was not possible, he could have at least addressed the issues by putting the words into the mouth of some character so we would have known that the characters are thinking the same thing but had their hands full.
  22. Nov 9, 2013
    A masterpiece!! The greatest sequel ever made!!! Alien franchise is perfect and absolutely excellent!!! Do not miss it!! WARNING: Alien 2 Sulla....... is not real!!! The real sequel of Alien is Aliens!! 1. Alien, 2. Aliens, 3. Alien 3, and 4. Alien resurrection. Alien 2 Sulla Terra is fake.
  23. Oct 15, 2013
    A movie i first saw aged 9 it terrified me but as i watched it more it became my favourite movie and the best sequel i have ever seen uncompromising and mrs weaver never better i have written essays on her journey and the top of his game direction of James Cameron.
  24. May 17, 2013
    this is the single greatest movie ever made by humanity in the history of the world. as long as the earth is round aliens will always be the greatest movie of all time.
  25. Mar 30, 2013
    Stronger than before only it doesn't have the same feel. Sigourney Weaver's performance is beyond anyone's imagination and the visuals are a hell of a ride but for some Aliens doesn't have the same feel as the original. Maybe its because James Cameron directed it I mean that could be the only explanation. The only thing James Cameron is good at is making mega box-office hits......
  26. Mar 17, 2013
    Truly a cult classic. In no way is this a good movie. It's cheesy, it's full of cliches, and there is little to no character development (aside from Ripley and Bishop a little.) But that aside, it is entertaining as hell! It's fun to watch, the music is appropriately timed. The action fits the situation and keeps you glued to the screen. The fights are as spectacular as they should haveTruly a cult classic. In no way is this a good movie. It's cheesy, it's full of cliches, and there is little to no character development (aside from Ripley and Bishop a little.) But that aside, it is entertaining as hell! It's fun to watch, the music is appropriately timed. The action fits the situation and keeps you glued to the screen. The fights are as spectacular as they should have been. Overall: This movie is a SCi-Fi as they get. It's not Shakespeare, but it does define it's genre and has a mountain of catchphrases that everyone knows (at least one.) OK movie, but a whole lot of fun! Expand
  27. Feb 16, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It just doesn't get any better. It revisit an eerily haunting universe and takes a modern horror film and turns it into possibly the best sic-fi action movie to date. Almost 30 years after it's release it enjoys a cult following due largely to Cameron's high production values and is watchable over and over and over...Played HALO? Aliens is so recognizable in much of the this premiere shooter's canon.

Dialogue is loose, realistic and doesn't get caught up in the mumbo jumbo. Seriously, you can feel the Sulaco crew's distress, the palpable feeling of 'oh And through all this bravado, machismo and testosterone, Ripley emerges as the ultimate badass.
  28. Feb 15, 2013
    by the sheer amount of video games and movies this film has influenced should guarantee this film a 10 every time, i cant agree with critics saying its not as suspenseful as the original.. the original this the original that, this is an entirely different movie and should be taken as such.
  29. Jan 26, 2013
    Aliens is my favorite movie ever made. When it gets rolling, the film becomes an ultra exciting Juggernaut. As well as boosting testosterone levels through the roof, Aliens also features a slew of memorable performances. Bill Paxton's turn as Hudson is probably the greatest scene-stealing role of all time whilst Lance Henrikson also slam dunks a career best as the android Bishop. BasicallyAliens is my favorite movie ever made. When it gets rolling, the film becomes an ultra exciting Juggernaut. As well as boosting testosterone levels through the roof, Aliens also features a slew of memorable performances. Bill Paxton's turn as Hudson is probably the greatest scene-stealing role of all time whilst Lance Henrikson also slam dunks a career best as the android Bishop. Basically speaking, if the idea of a big snarling monster squaring off against a robotic power loader sounds even the least bit intriguing, Aliens is guaranteed to own your soul for the rest of eternity! Expand
  30. Jan 16, 2013
    57 years after the Xenomorph discovery and the destruction of the Nostromo, Ellen Ripley awakes from cryo and taken in by some of the Weyland corporation associates. After contact with the colony inhabiting the same planet Riley's crew found the alien on 57 years ago goes dark she and a squad of marines are sent in to fix the problem. A great action packed thriller from start to finish,57 years after the Xenomorph discovery and the destruction of the Nostromo, Ellen Ripley awakes from cryo and taken in by some of the Weyland corporation associates. After contact with the colony inhabiting the same planet Riley's crew found the alien on 57 years ago goes dark she and a squad of marines are sent in to fix the problem. A great action packed thriller from start to finish, still very little character development but the character of Ripley is fleshed out here. There are 2 kinds of people, those who prefer Alien and those who prefer Aliens, I am the former. Expand

I'm giving the movie a high rating for its skill and professionalism and because it does the job it says it will do. I am also advising you not to eat before you go to see it.
    Director James Cameron dumps the decorative effects of Ridley Scott's 1979 Alien in favor of some daring narrative strategies and a tight thematic focus.
    Tautly paced and expertly directed, this roller coaster ride of a motion picture offers a little bit of everything, all wrapped up in a tidy science fiction/action package.