8.4

1. Dec 11, 2014
    A movie you should go out of your way to get to watch, not on cable, but the full version. It's simply astonishing and amazing. You feel like you are there with a boy more or less coming of age and learning how hard the real world is. Two thumbs up.
  2. Dec 5, 2014
    Almost Famous is absolutely a very good film that I really enjoyed thoroughly. First off, the acting is great. Patrick Fugit, Billy Crudup, Kate Hudson, Jason Lee, and Philip Seymour Hoffman, are all stupendous. All of their characters are endearing in their own way and really steal the spotlight individually at times. The directing from Cameron Crowe is great and the story is toldAlmost Famous is absolutely a very good film that I really enjoyed thoroughly. First off, the acting is great. Patrick Fugit, Billy Crudup, Kate Hudson, Jason Lee, and Philip Seymour Hoffman, are all stupendous. All of their characters are endearing in their own way and really steal the spotlight individually at times. The directing from Cameron Crowe is great and the story is told wonderfully. It really does not glamorize rock and roll of the time, but it certainly makes you fall in love with these flawed human beings as we interact with them through the eyes of a young 15 year old writer. We truly fall in love with these people as he does and struggle through the same struggles he does as a writer on this trip that changes his life forever. Ultimately, Almost Famous is a resounding success and a film that provides laughs, drama, and just enough of romance, to keep you interested. A truly great film. Expand
  3. Aug 27, 2014
    yehh, it's a master piece, an intense story line, the real world behind the walls of music, the drugs, the sex, thew love,the life and everything. Just i was hoping the ending to be a little more intense but it's cool. Very nice story.
    It's a must watch for everyone who want to feel something real, artistic and beautiful.
  4. Aug 27, 2014
    Drawn from experiences early in his career, Cameron Crowe offers a delightful look at music, love and the 1970s. Almost Famous will have you grinning from ear to ear and humming along the way. It's magic!
  5. Jun 26, 2014
    The roots of it, Cameron Crowe's background, helps make this film seem real and oddly enough, human. The acting is terrific, why Kate Hudson ruined her career I will never understand. It's witty, funny, and sad at the same time. My only reason for it being an eight is the running time. Other than perhaps ten to twenty minutes, I enjoyed this film.
  6. Jun 5, 2014
    Cameron Crowe gives us tremendous entertainment about his own experiences when he was a Rolling Stone writer during his teenage days. This 122 minute movie is very smart and gives us great performances from Kate Hudson, Patrick Fugit, Billy Crudup and the great talented supporting cast
  7. Sep 21, 2013
    Crowe should get rewarded for Almost Famous, as it has wit, charm and feel-good overtones. The message and themes shine bright, and every character is there for a reason. Some scenes drag a little bit too long and are overplayed a little bit, which is the sole reason for my 8 and not 10 rating. But, still overall a great film and I definitely recommend it. I especially liked EricCrowe should get rewarded for Almost Famous, as it has wit, charm and feel-good overtones. The message and themes shine bright, and every character is there for a reason. Some scenes drag a little bit too long and are overplayed a little bit, which is the sole reason for my 8 and not 10 rating. But, still overall a great film and I definitely recommend it. I especially liked Eric Stonestreet as Sheldon the desk clerk, after seeing him in ModFam. Expand
  8. Aug 12, 2013
    Aspiring music William Miller lands the assignment of his dreams when given the chance to go on the road with rock-band Stillwater. Initially full of enthusiasm the reality will change his life forever.

Based on director Cameron Crowe's real life experience as a teenage music writer the movie doesn't get wrapped up in trying to have a message and just concentrates on giving an insight into a world that most of us never see. Throughout the movie there are a number of genuinely funny and memorable scenes which alongside a great soundtrack makes for a convincing and entertaining movie.
  9. Jun 29, 2013
    A movie for anyone who likes rock n' roll, an original script full of lively characters, and looking to a have an entertaining time. A great American film that stands out amongst crap.
  10. Apr 14, 2013
    A great movie on a subject that doesn't personally engage me all that much, but did so in this film. the movies tone is a bit strange, going from comedy to series drama, but that is part of what makes it so good. Not quite special enough for a 10, but a great movie none the less
  11. Feb 26, 2013
    While it does contain some great moments, there aren't enough to make the three hours this film takes to finish seem less like three hours. Overrated.
  12. Nov 8, 2012
    A lovely film, Almost Famous is incredibly enjoyable and surprisingly heartwarming.
  13. Oct 29, 2012
    Quite a fun movie that doesn't disappoint on many levels. Well written and acted with many both funny and heart warming moments. I would say that the one weak link in this movie is Patrick Fugit which proves to be problematic at times because he is in most every scene. There a couple scenes in particular with Hudson where Fugit fails to hold his own against her or the dialogue, and thisQuite a fun movie that doesn't disappoint on many levels. Well written and acted with many both funny and heart warming moments. I would say that the one weak link in this movie is Patrick Fugit which proves to be problematic at times because he is in most every scene. There a couple scenes in particular with Hudson where Fugit fails to hold his own against her or the dialogue, and this took me out of the movie for a moment or two. These moments are few and far between however and most of this movie is entertaining. Hoffman in particular is extraordinary as usual. While this movie did nothing to hook me emotionally, it also did nothing to disappoint. An entertaining film worth a few viewings. Expand
  14. Jul 21, 2012
    Pure genious!There is not one flaw in this film and as a movie it is perfect and honestly ahead of it's time.If you have been there done that,then it's pure mind blowing.I'm not over hyping this movie,I'm just speaking the truth.I've seen this movie easily 75 + times and every time I watch it,I feel good all over again and that's the mark of a true gem of a movie.
  15. Feb 20, 2012
    best 60's movie !!! Kate Hudson gave us her best performance of her all career in Almost Famous. The music is fantastic. Make you want to back in time and live when the Rock and roll was pure and enthralling.
  16. Jan 26, 2012
    Cameron Crowe, who was a teenage rock critic, drew upon his personal experiences to write and direct this film. It follows a teenage music critic as he joins a fictitious band, Stillwater, on their cross-country tour. It is funny, heartbreaking, historical, musically stimulating, and incredibly satisfying. A great film for anyone who is seeking to get lost in the decade of the seventies.Cameron Crowe, who was a teenage rock critic, drew upon his personal experiences to write and direct this film. It follows a teenage music critic as he joins a fictitious band, Stillwater, on their cross-country tour. It is funny, heartbreaking, historical, musically stimulating, and incredibly satisfying. A great film for anyone who is seeking to get lost in the decade of the seventies. This film is brimming over with nostalgia-inducing imagery and music. Expand
  17. Dec 9, 2011
    With its superb cast, powerful script and delightful soundtrack, "Almost Famous" certainly found the right tone to make me experience the sensations of both real music and true cinema.
  18. Oct 16, 2011
    Almost famous isn't just another film about music, it could quite easily be considered one of the finest films about music ever made. It has so much to say about the music industry, being in a band, fandom, and the cynicism of journalism. It's also full of great actors playing characters that you actually care about, that you can truly invest in. As the most entertaining films alwaysAlmost famous isn't just another film about music, it could quite easily be considered one of the finest films about music ever made. It has so much to say about the music industry, being in a band, fandom, and the cynicism of journalism. It's also full of great actors playing characters that you actually care about, that you can truly invest in. As the most entertaining films always manage to do, it finds the perfect balance between comedy and tragedy. It's also got a killer soundtrack and some great 70s period details. It's fun in every sense of the word, and a thoroughly rewarding viewing experience. Expand
  19. Aug 27, 2011
    What Almost Famous has on its side is something that is seldom seen in Hollywood pictures. It is sincerity. There is something so endearing about every character and every scene in Almost Famous, and the genuine that Crowe has and gives to characters reflects onto the audience.
  20. May 29, 2011
    A simple plot, but it gets very attractive inside the context of the rock and roll world, besides the soundtrack that is great, it's a essential movie to anyone fan of good music.
  21. Dec 3, 2010
    I love the story, the acting and the music. These elements create a lot of raw emotion. Great blend of comedy and drama. This is a masterpiece that should stand the test of time.

1. Reviewed by: Cody Clark
    Crowe's script is a thing of wonder, and he again proves himself to be an outstanding director of actors.
  2. Reviewed by: Tom Keogh
    A wondrous honesty.
  3. Crowe is so good on mood and milieu that when Elton John's bubblegum ballad "Tiny Dancer" swells on the soundtrack, in this context it sounds like a hymn.