5.9

1. Mar 12, 2013
    This movie shows the real face of the most American people. I liked it, because it has a unpredictable story. It's great to watch with friends. So i recommend it with my final score 7/10
  2. Mar 6, 2012
    This movie deserves more credit from everyone. The development of the relationship between the kid and timberlake's character is easily the biggest thing this movie has going for it. The story is absurd and I don't know how much of this is "true" but what I do know is that by the end I felt for the characters, so it obviously did something right.
  3. Sep 25, 2011
    The movie's cast is seriously spoiled. But despite these obstacles, "Alpha Dog" does a pretty good job maneuvering itself chronologically till the end.
  4. Jun 13, 2011
    The issues with the movie were the beginning was very convoluted. Then once the movie got going it became a very good movie. However at the end it left a few hole that should have been answered. Over all it was an enjoyable movie but could have been better.
  5. Oct 28, 2010
    I'm absolutely against violence, but the rage of Ben Fosters character spoke to me. I found a sincerity in the acting that I wont forget. This is one of my favorite movies; primarily due to the base emotions it elicited in me. It's not for everyone, but if you feel this movie is for you I highly recommend it.
  6. Sep 17, 2010
    Based on actual events that took place in 1999, drug dealers fall out, kid brother gets kidnapped, shenanigans happen.
    I have never seen a film where I wanted all the characters to die within the first five minutes of them being on screen. Tries to be slick, witty & wit da kidz but just comes across as brash, brainless & plain annoying.

1. Reviewed by: Justin Chang
    Writer-director Nick Cassavetes' sprawling dramatization recklessly blurs the line between reconstruction and reality in ways that are admittedly interesting, if more than a little artistically suspect.
  2. Reviewed by: Robert Wilonsky
    If nothing else, Alpha Dog's worth a look for the performance of Justin Timberlake, the moral center of a movie sorely in need of some conscience. Already a gifted comic actor--his Saturday Night Live appearances are now anticipated events--he proves himself able to go to a pitch-black place.
    Timberlake walks off with the movie. Too bad it's not worth stealing.