Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation | Release Date: December 23, 2009
4.3
Mixed or average reviews based on 121 Ratings
Watch Now
davehJan 2, 2010
My 7 year old son laughed, my 9 year old daughter was bored. and everyone else agreed that it was painful and insulting. Even David Cross couldn't save the experience.
NicholasS.Jan 3, 2010
This movie would be cringe worthy, even for a 5 year old.
JoshuaC.Jan 30, 2010
everyone knows how stupid singing chipmunks are. If you don't you should die or suiside right away. this movie has no aparent humor, and dance moves that makes this the worst musical ever. I am not even sure if this is a musical. everyone knows how stupid singing chipmunks are. If you don't you should die or suiside right away. this movie has no aparent humor, and dance moves that makes this the worst musical ever. I am not even sure if this is a musical. Probobaly, a ****tty kids comedy that even a 4 year old wont find humorous. Expand
AVBSJan 2, 2010
No... Just, no. These types of movies need to die.
BaldipMDec 26, 2009
Wow not worth the time.
ShaneA.Dec 26, 2009
What a terrible excuse for a cute movie. Absolutely brainless.
JulianMDec 27, 2009
Anyone over 12 years of age will find this movie boring, childish, repetitive, and stupid.
YellowKirbyNov 26, 2015
OBNOXIOUS SINGING CHIPMUNKS. If that's not bad enough for you, how about OBNOXIOUS SINGING CHIPMUNKS AND THEIR OBNOXIOUS SINGING GIRLFRIENDS. Coz that's basically what this crap squeakquel is. *shudders*
DanBurritoSep 10, 2015
The first one started out watchable but then went downhill but this one goes downhill from the beginning, it adds THREE EXTRA OBNOXIOUS HIGH PITCHED VOICES to the mix and essentially just copies the story from the first. I think my iq izThe first one started out watchable but then went downhill but this one goes downhill from the beginning, it adds THREE EXTRA OBNOXIOUS HIGH PITCHED VOICES to the mix and essentially just copies the story from the first. I think my iq iz lowering thiss moovie makes you stoopid dont wach it duuuuh... Save you-self... Expand
EpicLadySpongeDec 29, 2015
Get your earphones or headphones ready as the chipmunks return for another dull movie of theirs as they hit the screen for even more annoying singing!
grandpajoe6191Sep 28, 2011
"Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel" is a movie so preposterously obvious you won't remember a thing except for the annoying high-pitched voices of the chipmunks after 2 hours.
MichaelDJan 1, 2011
Well one thing for sure is that its worse than the first movie.
homer4presidentMar 28, 2015
A boring, irritating cash grab that challenges your sanity for 1 1/2 hours. An atrocity to film making, its among the worst films I've had to suffer through. The fact that this made well over $400m at the box office makes me question how muchA boring, irritating cash grab that challenges your sanity for 1 1/2 hours. An atrocity to film making, its among the worst films I've had to suffer through. The fact that this made well over $400m at the box office makes me question how much more greedy Hollywood can be. The abysmal "humor" throughout the whole movie gets stale immediately and it's filled with writing that was quite possibly made by a 5 year old. A complete waste of your time, don't go near this abomination. Expand
Jack97Jan 1, 2014
Children will love it of course, but I didn't like it that much. Compared to the first one it feels cheap and that it could have been better. But then again not everything lives up to it's potential.
jfrotylpe532Jan 13, 2013
I found myself bored. The movie is just like the first but more stupid and less fun. The reason it even got a 1 is because Theodore is amazing. The rest of the characters are just pathetic and so are the events following the stupid characters.
LaGuertaMar 4, 2013
No modicum of effort has gone into this film and every lazy, predictable attempt at humour only serves to zap the energy audience members will desperately need to get through an hour and a half of, what can only be described as, crass commercialism.
JmsbppJul 18, 2013
Se intenta mejorar pero queda dentro del mismo rollocon otras factores que se quieren hacer ver grandes pero no lo logran efectivamente, esta vez las Arditas fue una idea entretenida a la vez que algunas veces se ve ridicula.
jeff_reviewsJul 24, 2013
I may have been more optimistic on the first film, but the second is just downright outrageously old. With its cliche roles of the smarts, handsome looks, and the charmer; the characters in "Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel" areI may have been more optimistic on the first film, but the second is just downright outrageously old. With its cliche roles of the smarts, handsome looks, and the charmer; the characters in "Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel" are downright old and boring, and even worse as they add three more talking chipmunks with similar personalities as well. If David Cross' character wasn't horrible in the first, his role in the second is very dull and boring as well, with his already cliche character before turning horribly annoying. The plot of the story is obviously kid-friendly, as it takes on the role of high school that hundreds of films have already taken, and is nothing new. Although most kids will enjoy this film, to me, it was a bit to overdone with its annoying and boring plot and character elements, and its tired singing musical with the chipmunk voices. Collapse
FranzHcriticJul 9, 2014
I don't even think my little cousins would like it. I was a kid myself when I watched it, and I thought nothing of it. Now, re-watching it, it's probably the worst live action movie. Not one joke really made me laugh.
XkryonJan 26, 2014
Really a very tasteless movie. I don't want to waste my time with another brainless movie like this. Really stupid argument even for a 5 years kid!! And they want to make another!!! Noooooooo!
gameguardian21Mar 20, 2016
Just when I thought I might enjoy it, it just brings a slap to the face as you are giving the same movie over again. Juat keep it for the kids so that the adults can stay in another room.
superbatAug 5, 2016
This is probably one of the worst movies of all time, not just a horrible movie, but a revolting one. This suffers from the same disease the plagued the Ice Age franchise. Brings nothing new, boring, dull. It is beyond horrible.