Columbia Pictures | Release Date: April 11, 1997
6.0
Mixed or average reviews based on 107 Ratings
WATCH NOW
KDDec 13, 2005
I dont know why critics dogged this movie so bad. i didnt see anything wrong with it. it was fast paced funny and thrilling. everything u could ask for.
0 of 0 users found this helpful
csw12Sep 2, 2012
Anaconda is a typical thriller movie except with some big snakes eating people. The reason why i enjoyed the film was because the movie got rid of their stupid characters by a big snake squeezing them to death which i felt amusing.
Annoymous1Jul 5, 2013
Hey it wasnt that bad.I like how the deaths are,I admit that it goe a bit saintish at points but it is good fun to watch. Go ahead and watch it. It is snot and needto be picked.
lukechristianscFeb 8, 2016
Is it perfect? No is it a cinematic masterpiece? No, but I love this film because it's self aware of it's absurdity and screenwriters Hans Bauer, Jim Cash and Jack Epps Jr. and director Luis Llosa point that out very nicely. What I also loveIs it perfect? No is it a cinematic masterpiece? No, but I love this film because it's self aware of it's absurdity and screenwriters Hans Bauer, Jim Cash and Jack Epps Jr. and director Luis Llosa point that out very nicely. What I also love about the film is Ice Cube's over the top performance but it's stirring and SPOILER ALERT! Your gonna enjoy this film more when your about to see Cube killing a snake , Jennifer Lopez's performance was okay, this film isn't well made yes it is mediocre but the snake effects are laughable but Llosa does a bland job but good at the same time making this film cheesy but enjoyable at the same time. Jon Voight (who looks like Christopher Walken) does a creepy but good job as the snake expert/villain. Jennifer Lopez plays Terri Flores a documentary filmmaker her and crew go deep into the Amazon Jungle to shoot this documentary about the People of The Mist-- a legendary lost Amazon tribe. Terri is directing the documentary. Ice Cube plays Danny, her cinematographer. Eric Holtz is Dr. Steven Cale a scientist. The members include Johnathan Hyde as the British narrator, Owen Wilson plays the sound man, Vincent Castellanos as the sinister pilot, and Kari Wuhrer as the production assistant. They pick a guy called Paul Sarone (John Voight) from a sinking boat. He offers to help in Terri and her crew to search for the Amazon tribe Paul, but he's actually a snake hunter looking for the big legendary anaconda snake that's a fortune. Since "Anaconda" is a action-adventure film, you can find some hilarious moments at this film, but overall cheesy fun B-movie. 4.5 out of 5 stars Expand