6.2

1. Sep 10, 2014
    Original Version Review 9/10 : this movie makes new funny adult jokes, sex jokes and a new news fight. this was funnier than the first one. this movie has an interesting cast. Super Sized version Review: 5/10. This Version had little stretches and it felt like it was really long. I Laughed at some jokes but the problem was the time length. It did not feel an R-rated Movie but their are some few Strong language words. Every scene was extended. Some were new and some I did not like about. So, What's a Better Review? Original or super sized? Yes for Original, no for super sized. Take your pick. Expand
  2. Aug 23, 2014
    Funny here and there to watch, nostalgic interest keeps you watching but overall very much underwhelming compared to the first installment. Not outright terrible but not worth paying to watch. I think its fair to say that this rendition firmly puts the series to the grave.
  3. Jun 30, 2014
    Largely unfunny and such a waste of $1.25 from Redbox. The jokes are just stupid and not original. I did not even get to the end. I fell asleep. Boring and sad. I am finding it really hard to get to beyond 150 characters.
  4. Jun 26, 2014
    It's amusing and passably entertaining, but rarely laugh out loud funny. It has the sufficient speed and energy to make the bad jokes seem unimportant, and some others are actually ok. This however is still disappointing considering how funny the first was. This one is slicker, with an obviously higher budget, but it's somewhat uninspired, recycling gags from the first movie and as a result it feels stale. The best example of this is the news team death match. It's at least twice as weird, and probably 10 times more far fetched than in the first movie, but it's not even 1/4 as funny. The cast is what really makes this movie worth watching. They are however, showing their age, and I'm afraid the day's not too far off when Ferrell and Carrel will be cast as the old geezers trying to recapture their youth. Expand
  5. Jun 22, 2014
    Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues is very disappointing but also quite serviceable. Too many reworked jokes causes the main rub here and the movie is simply too long for it's own good. Yet there is also gold to be mined here for Anchorman fans, such as Brick's love story or Champ's restaurant. But this is a movie forever to be labeled 'for fans only'.
  6. Jun 20, 2014
    Truly one of the biggest, if not the biggest, disappointments in film making! This movie had everything going for it! A complete returning cast, a good premise and what looked like more of the same hilarious over the top comedy that we knew and loved! Sadly this movie is a disgrace to the legacy that the first one has built! The majority is not funny and even the few bits that are can't save this from being a movie that I pray you will not waste your money on! Expand
  7. Jun 20, 2014
    "If you've got an ass like the North Star, wise men are gonna want to follow it."

Alright so i already watched this movie a couple months back when it was first released but i never reviewed it and i also only watched the UNRATED version. So this time around i decided that id watch the Super Sized R Rated version and while the movie does add an extra 20 minutes they also change some
    scenes from the unrated version. Like in this version when Ron and the others are flipping around in the motorhome rather than it showing each one getting hurt by frying oil or a scorpion they just show Ron taking a bite out of a chimichanga upside down. While the film did have a few great parts its no where near as good as its predecessor with fewer laugh out loud moments and a underwhelming lack of quotable lines. Now i have seen a few Fan edits of movies and television shows and while i was watching this all could think about is that this movie would be seriously a lot better if someone goes around and re-edits the film so it has all the cussing this version has while some of the better moments from the other versions.

Picking up several years after the events of the first film Ron Burgundy (Will Ferrell) and Veronica Corningstone (Christina Applegate) are married and have a 7 year old child together also both are co-anchors for a top news network in New York City. After Mack Tannen (Harrison Ford) the most famous nightly news anchor reveals that he is retiring he appoints his job to Veronica while also firing Ron in the process for lack of professionalism. Ron then leaves Veronica and the story picks up six months later we see that Ron is working at a water part but is soon also fired from that job so he decided to kill himself but hilariously fails. From here we see Ron get offered a job to anchor the news again at a new start up news station called GNN so he reassembles his masterful team again and right from the start they blow up in the ratings by changing the format altering the path of news changing it into the kind of news we see nowadays.

This was actually a really awesome thing about the movie as it makes fun of the kind of news that is being shown nowadays and how its not even about real news anymore just ratings. My least favorite part of this version was the random outburst of singing simply because it wasn't funny and seemed stupid to be honest really not sure what they were thinking when adding that. Another part that was rather lame was that in this version the boss of GNN doesn't want a story to run about plane parts failing off plans as he owns a plane company so instead of saying he will stop funding the news station all he does is to entice Linda Jackson (Meagan Good) by saying that if she just lets Ron do his "thing" that she will became major famous he also tries to have sex with her.

Of course just like the last movie the best part was the epic fight between all the local news stations this time they get even more crazier with the cameo's getting top names like Liam Neeson, Jim Carrey, Will Smith, Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, Sacha Baron Cohen, Marion Cotillard, John C. Reilly, Vince Vaughn, Kirsten Dunst, and my least liked cameo Kanye West.... UGH!.

Overall i give it a 7.0 The team was still amazing this time around Paul Rudd was just as smooth as he was in the first, Steve Carell was just as stupid this time around but only this time he gets a girlfriend better yet its Kristen Wiig who i just absolutely love so that was great, and David Koechner who shows he is still crazy in love with Ron also James Marsden was a pleasant surprise as i didn't think he was going to be that funny but he was actually pretty good. This movie is in desperate need of a fan edit im just too lazy to do it myself.
  8. Jun 8, 2014
    With a bland cast of boring unfunny characters, actors overacting, and dull unfunny writing with the idea that "stupid is funny" Anchorman 2 should have just stayed a sad, lonely screenplay like the film prior to it. Worst than the first film, very unfunny and unevenly structured, Anchorman 2 is one of the worst films I have seen in a long time.
  9. May 26, 2014
    A continuation of both the story and jokes from the first film. Some of the best jokes are grander versions of the original ones. If the viewer enjoyed the first one, then they will more than likely enjoy this one.
  10. May 19, 2014
    While I still can't believe I never saw it, Anchorman 1 was a comedy legend for this generation and is a fine example of how amazingly hilarious Will Ferrell is. So of course we have a sequel. Man, you can show me this movie 3 times and for the third time, I would still laugh! I haven't watched many comedies recently, but this one makes me want to watch more of them. Anchorman 2 is a great and hilarious follow-up to the first film, yet still has problems that will irritate you. How's Will Ferrell in this flick? Just as awesome as you thought he would be. If you got another actor for this part, he wouldn't be so funny in these scenes. Ferrell brings a certain spice to these scenes that make them even more funny. The other characters? Yeah...about that later. How crude is the humor? It does have its fair share of crudeness, but I still laughed in so many scenes and it isn't too offensive. You may not expect this in movies like this, but Anchorman 2 has a great soundtrack. The songs are classic and so enjoyable to hear. The actual plot of the film isn't mediocre either. No, it's nothing groundbreaking, but it's better than USUAL for a comedy. Let's look at the flaws now. Remember my comment about the other characters? They don't bring enough to the table as much as Ferrell does. I didn't feel like their lines were as funny, nor did I care about them. Also, in the third act of the movie, the movie starts to slow down. It barely has any funny jokes in that final third, so thank God the first two thirds are amazing. Flaws aside, Anchorman 2 is laugh out loud funny. I will remember these hilarious jokes for a long time. Expand
  11. May 5, 2014
    WilemDafoeJesus aprouve this movie ahgdiavgdfahsudhasvbdhagsdhagsdhasdhggasdhgashdagsdtaghdahsgdhaghasgd hell yeah **** steve carrel and ****brasileiros
  12. May 3, 2014
    By choosing not to top the one-liners and instead try to expand on the story, Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues not only tops the first film, but it also defies the mold of the comedy sequel.
  13. Apr 26, 2014
    This sequel takes goofy to a whole new level and for the most part it works, but sometimes it seems like it doesn't now when to stop. The story is interesting and delivers some very funny one liners.
  14. Apr 20, 2014
    This movie is perfect. It's a great story and is possibly the funniest film I've seen. The entire cast is great and I couldn't stop laughing the entire time.
  15. Apr 19, 2014
    Will Ferrell and the gang are back in a sequel that I found to be even funnier than the first. With it's politically incorrect humor and constant stream of hilarious moments, you're sure to find plenty of laughs throughout. So if you're a fan of the first this is a must, as I think it manages to be even funnier. Even if you haven't seen the first you should give this one a shot. It's a constant laugh-riot. Expand
  16. Apr 18, 2014
    “Anchorman: The Legend Continues”, or “Anchorman 2″ as I like to call it, is a sequel to the classic comedy “Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy”, or “Anchorman” as I like to call it.

“Anchorman 2″ is about the familiar anchorman Ron Burgundy (Will Ferrell) who loses his job. To get back into the news business he reunites with his incompetent team from the last film, Champ (David
    Koechner), Brian (Paul Rudd) and Brick (Steve Carell) to do a 24 hour live maraton with news!

The old cast from “Anchorman” is back for the second outing. I have not been a fan of Will Ferrell, but after seeing “Step Brothers” and this movie I must say that now I am! He is so in synch with the character of Ron Burgundy that you forget that you are watching Will Ferrell. Everyone else is great in this film but the actor who’s work I liked the most was Steve Carell! His character, Brick, was my favorite part about the previous movie and he had more to do in this one. His charming stupidity and the way he reacts to his fellow acting buddies is absolutely hilarious. We also see a bunch of cameos from well known actors, just like in the previous movie. These cameos are great because as an avid movie-geek I love to spot references to other films and stuff!

Adam McKay, the director of Will Ferrell starred movies like “The Other Guys”, “Step Brothers” and the first Anchorman-movie, has directed “Anchorman 2″ and his direction is good. On a technical level, it isn’t anything fantastic but he does get good performances out of his actors, and that is in the end what a director should try to achieve.

“Anchorman 2″ is a comedy so I’m obligated to mention, well, the comedy in the movie. “Anchorman 2″ is hilarious! The movie is the typical Will Ferrell movie and everything that goes along with that so it isn’t for everyone. If you like pop-cultural references, over the top randomness and a lot of irony you will find yourself loving this film. There are a lot of fantastic lines, just like in the original, but it isn’t really as quotable as the first one but 60% of the time the jokes work everytime.

As a sequel “Anchorman 2″ works very well. It carries over the same tone from the first one and the story seems, to me at least, be a natural continuation of “Anchorman”. There are some scenes that are great nods to the original and they are so funny!

To sum it up: “Anchorman 2″ is a sequel that I think surpasses the original! It is really funny and it gives us great comedic performances from all actors involved. “Ancorman 2″ is however not for everyone but I can say that I loved it!
  17. Apr 18, 2014
    Funny movie. One of Will Ferrell's best in my opinion. I think it is under rated as not to many people enjoyed it as much as I did. The first 3 quarters of the movie were great and the last quarter was a bit sloppy but still ended up being a good time.
  18. Apr 18, 2014
    Honestly, one of the most unfunny comedies I have the total misfortune to endure. I love the actors, but there was something seriously wrong with the screenplay, direction and comedic content. This rates in my bottom 20 movies of all time.
  19. Apr 17, 2014
    This was the dumbest movie ever. I just pissed $4.95 away on pay per view. Why would intelligent adults give this flick a great review. Was this written by a 3rd grader? What a let down for a bunch off talented comedians. Too bad.
  20. Apr 17, 2014
    Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues (2013) Directed by Adam McKay; Starring Will Ferrell, Steve Carell, Christina Applegate Rating: 3/5 Perhaps it was inevitable that the long anticipated sequel to the cult film that, along with similar contemporary classics such as Meet the Parents (2000), Zoolander (2001) and Dodgeball (2004) all but defined early 2000s comedy, cementing the already burgeoning careers of its stars and making household names out of Will Ferrell, Steve Carell, et al, would have very high expectations, and be met with a certain amount of disappointment.

This doesn’t have to be the case with all comedy sequels, and indeed some of the most beloved and re-watched films in my collection over the years have been back to back comedies, such as the Ace Ventura (1994, 1995) or Bill & Ted (1989, 1991) films, both of which feature sequels easily as good as the originals.

Trilogies, such as Austin Powers (1997, 1999, 2002) or The Naked Gun (1988, 1991, 1994) have their ups and downs but maintain a certain level of quality throughout. Meanwhile, Ghostbusters II (1989), Men in Black II (2002) and Wayne’s World 2 (1993) are perhaps not as strong as their predecessors, but retained their talent and remain integral parts of the narrative that are by no means cast aside by posterity.

Hype easily breeds disappointment, and I’m unlikely to be overexcited or giddy with anticipation when this kind of release occurs, so I’m rarely underwhelmed or otherwise. A lacklustre sequel is not a personal affront on my loyalty to the original, and Anchorman 2 is a competent enough film, a well produced, big budget Hollywood comedy vehicle for its stars.

Yet as a sequel, bearing the uninspired and unnecessary subtitle The Legend Continues no less, Anchorman 2 is more like the relatively reprehensible Airplane II: The Sequel (1982) which paled in comparison to the golden original which is still enjoyed today. Both sequels carbon copy classic sequences from the original almost shot for shot, attempting to conceal their originality behind purported homage and call-backs.

Though the cast was reunited, at least Airplane II had the excuse that none of the original creative talent returned. Anchorman 2 was written by leading man Will Ferrell and returning director Adam McKay, so they’re only letting themselves down.

They’ve clearly tried to go bigger, under the assumption that it will mean better, making for a film that is even more surreal and absurd than the original. Even more so than the first film, Anchorman 2 is only feebly anchored in the real world, and the story shoots for a laugh so often that the whole picture becomes more of a hit and miss sketch show than a coherent narrative. Of course, this merely reflects the Saturday Night Live format under which most of the talent involved cut their teeth. This doesn’t mean it’s not funny or entertaining; far from it. The hits, after all, are still hits. At least they still have a ton of fun exploiting the ludicrous period fashion and hairstyles.

Ron Burgundy himself was always an endearing buffoon, but this time around he is utterly incompetent at everything he does, including being a father. This is offset only by his relatively inspired invention of sensationalist news to win a ratings war and apparently, ice skating (an allusion to 2007’s Blades of Glory?).

The rest of the returning cast continue to tread the same path as before, but as caricatures of themselves which appear even more conceited and despicable than usual, although sex-crazed Brian Fantana (Paul Rudd) seems to have mellowed, remaining evermore the only sane man.

Ron wins it all and loses it all about three of four times over the course of the movie, but the driving force is a critique of the aforementioned 24 hour rolling news which typifies the excesses of the American media, eschewing true journalism in favour of car chases and patriotism.

The film is strongest during this satire, and weakest during the more derivative subplots which bulk to length to a rather overlong two hours. The final act comes out of nowhere just as the film is starting to drag, and then generates an entire separate arc, and the climax is yet another news team battle even longer than the first, with celebrity cameos coming thick and fast. So while Anchorman 2 still delivers a few solid laughs over the course of a couple of hours, my advice to anyone who finds it utterly unpalatable is to just try and remember that the original still exists.
  21. Apr 14, 2014
    Ouch. That sums it up quite nicely. Sitting through this turd was an exercise in endurance, and the scattered chuckles were most definitely not worth the effort. Speaking as a big fan of the original, avoid this unless you're just absolutely desperate for a laugh, and go watch the first flick again.

PS: This review does not matter--just like all the rest. Cheers.
  22. Apr 13, 2014
    People tried to say “You just don’t get it. Unless you saw the first Anchorman, you just won’t get it.” Well, I saw the first Anchorman, and I saw Anchorman 2—well, not quite. I walked out of the theater because the film was so offensive. Using racism, sexism, discrimination and low-caliber humor to try to make jokes was the film’s biggest flaw. The acting, set design and production are all fine, but whoever wrote this film made an enormous error in judgment. Almost everyone other than a white male will be horrified by the dialogue in this movie. Expand
  23. Apr 13, 2014
    Watching this film was like watching a mom and dad trying to be funny. It was the typical American dumb-ass humor with no original story. The film might as well have been equipped with a laugh-track because I sure didn't know when to laugh.
  24. Apr 13, 2014
    Obnoxious and profane does not equal funny to me. This movie also suffers from poor writing and acting. Did a 12 year old write this thing? Did an 8 year old direct it? I couldn't watch it to the end and turned it off an hour into it. Glad I only spent a dollar on it at red box. This movie is in the same class as Beverly Hills Ninja; wanted and expected it to be good but was a huge turkey
  25. Apr 10, 2014
    I really enjoyed the first film and wanted to enjoy this one so much, but sadly I could not. Most of the film is completely moronic, taking what good jokes they had way to far. It also went for far to long. I watch many movies, and this was one of the few I felt like I really wasted my time with.
  26. Apr 9, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This film was just horrible! It did have some good laughs in the beginning (which is why i didn't give it a zero.) But towards the end of the film I honestly think that they just ran out of ideas. I mean really!? A musical number about a shark, someone turning into a ware wolf, a god-awful fight scene that was way worse than the first film. It was all just completely horrible and dumb! The first film was waaaay better than this abomination!! Dumbest movie ever! Expand
  27. Apr 4, 2014
    I personally really enjoyed this movie. It had many of the appealing aspects of the original movie and its is sort-of sequel, wake up Ron burgundy (if you haven't seen it, look it up. Its compiled mostly of plot lines they had to throw away and different takes of the scenes from the original movie but its still pretty funny). It also had its own laugh out loud moments that had me, my friends, and the rest of the theater gasping for breath with laughter. However I do understand how this type of humor is not for everyone, not that they don't get it, just some people don't find the same kinds of things funny as other people and there is no need to look down on that. I don't think it should be called a terrible movie because i thought it was awesome, but for those who enjoyed it less, that is a personal preference that i respect. Expand
  28. Apr 4, 2014
    I really don't understand all the negative comments about this film. Simply put, if you found the first film funny you will find this funny. Many standout moments, good acting and characters. An interesting plot that moves quickly along. I admit it isn't quite as funny as the first film, for example the whole segment at the lighthouse seems odd and out of place, but there are plenty of classic one-liners here and Will Ferrell is on great form. Expand
  29. Apr 1, 2014
    Most anticipated sequel because the follow-up in comedy only declines the fun parts and value of the original. The story followed as well the cast and crew from the first. It also spiced up with the cameos of high profile stars, sadly it did not long last. This story travelled even bigger and broader than the first, but the question is does it really lived up to the standards of the original?

Like the first this movie as well largely depended on Will Ferrell's role and he alone took it as far he can to make the movie from being vulnerable. Also not to forget the good support from other guys like Steve Carell, Paul Rudd et cetera. The story was not much exciting. Especially the scene with toy fish draws us out of the interest, but it was the usual route for comedies from generations. Except those frequent minor flaws, this movie excellent in all departments, including behind and in front of the camera.

A sequel after a decade of gap which lived up to the my expectations and I enjoyed it better than the people around me. I found a little hard to predict the story, especially the coming ups and it became key to satisfy me. In fact, in some parts it looked even better than the first, still lags back in other sensitive segments like bringing back the street fight. Overall, what impressed me the most was the majority of scenes that was fresh. After successful enjoying this, now I am expecting the legend to continue further more, I mean the third.
  30. Mar 27, 2014
    No where near as funny as the original that's for sure. A few laughs through out and I do mean a few, It's just not that funny of a comedy. The plot isn't bad but the ending was pretty much a cut and paste from the original and that's sort of disappointing. The two hour run time was really needlessly as well, The film had far too many stupid subplots that were poorly wrapped up in the final 10 minutes or so of the film.

Overall, It wasn't a terrible movie but I really wouldn't go into it with high hopes because it's no where near as good as the original.
  31. Mar 22, 2014
    Utter tripe. Stale jokes, recycled characters, boring plot.
    Sometimes bad comedies still have a couple of redeeming features. This has none. The movie coasts along on the premise that it'll be saved by the big names on the cast list. Well, they phoned this one in, and it shows.
  32. Mar 19, 2014
    The best part of this movie was the premise-going into a 24 hour news channel. The rest is re-hashed grade school comedy equal to fart and stink jokes. There are some funny one liners but quite a few less than the original. It was painful to watch this sequel cuz you can tell they are trying to "one up" the original and can't. most importently they didn't! Very disappointing.
  33. Mar 19, 2014
    I really can't believe that there are ANY positive reviews for this movie. This movie was TERRIBLE. I barely laughed at all watching this movie. I did have high hopes going into the movie but also knew not to expect it to be as good as the first movie. But I couldn't believe how incredibly bad it was.
  34. Mar 19, 2014
    From my point of view, I paid to see Will Ferrell in character and that is what I got at the end. Comparing it with the first movie it feels flat from time to time(the first half and the second half were uneven) and derivative but this not necessarily bad. Unlike the first movie, the sequel has a more detailed plot-line. Side characters are not as funny as they were in the first movie but the second half of the movie was improving on what was great about the first movie. As a summary it has its ups and downs compared to the first movie which is one my favourites and it would be a complete movie if the side characters had more memorable parts. Expand
  35. Mar 14, 2014
    Anchorman 2 is more of the same as the first and has scenes that simply fall flat but the moments that are funny you'll remember. If you are looking for silly, whimsical, and a film that knows it's a joke, this is right up your alley
  36. Mar 12, 2014
    Disappointing. Hardly evoked a single laugh. The plot was okay but it got a bit too ridiculous at some points. E.g. the werewolf. The funniest joke was Dick Phuc. Enough said.
  37. Mar 9, 2014
    This movie wasn't bad, but it wasn't really that good either. There were funny moments to be sure, but a lot of the humor was forced and fell flat. Only Steve Carell did a really good job. Watch it, but only if you can do so without wasting money on it.
  38. Mar 6, 2014
    This review score is based on "Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues Continues", which is the alternate jokes version.

It was okay, the best part of the film was the part with all the cameos in it. It was really the only bit I really enjoyed. The rest of the movie seemed to drag on and I only got a laugh every now and then. Would neither recommend or discourage people to see it.
  39. Mar 2, 2014
    anchorman 2 is funny as hell . will ferell 's ron burgundy is back and has more laughs then the first anchorman well will ferell is funny in anchorman 1 and 2
  40. Jan 27, 2014
    A must-see movie. And, you don't need to know about the first movie to understand the second. Funniest movie yet hands down. .
  41. Jan 26, 2014
    This was a very lazy sequel. They took every character and every gag from the first movie and just pushed it further outside of reality, and further outside of comedy. Without any semblance of reality grounding this film, the jokes float in a kind of vacuum of absurdity.There was almost nothing that can be described as clever about the writing of this film. There were too many incessant half-hearted jokes that mostly fell flat. Expand
  42. Jan 25, 2014
    The news crew is back and better than ever? Well, going into this movie it might have been that I had incredibly high hopes for the film, mostly because of how great the first film in the franchise is. I really did enjoy the first two-thirds of the film, but as it came to a close I didn't love the way it played out. The ending felt rushed, the lines were hit-or-miss, and the characters didn't have that spark they did in the previous movie. Though I do recommend seeing this movie, try to not compare it to the first. Expand
  43. Jan 25, 2014
    Though not better than the first, this movie still causes some laughs and general appreciation of Ferrell and gangs comedy routines. Anchorman may not live completely up to the hype that many fanboys have held, it's still a solid comedy film that is enjoyable if you are looking for a movie to enjoy some laughs. Don't take it too seriously as many of the jokes are repetitive and sometimes lacking the comedic brilliance of many of the actors. Expand
  44. Jan 23, 2014
    "Why can't we just show the people what they want to see?" What a great idea, and the movie was headed in a funny direction. Next thing I know, I'm dozing off and Ferrell yells at Brick and I fell asleep. I woke up with Burgandy with his former wife I thought had split for good, and their peculiar son waving goodbye at some stupid shark. What the? THe battle of the networks was somethin to see, but it was 20 minutes past New Year's when I realized, let's chill for a while and think of more inspiring things... Expand
  45. Jan 19, 2014
    Very good, especially for fans of the original. The production value is refreshing and you'll notice that from the beginning. Many things are simply "one upped", specifically Brick's screen time and the cameo appearances in general.
  46. Jan 13, 2014
    Good but not great is how best to describe the movie. There were definitely a good number of genuine laughs but it seemed a majority of these were more one liners or short set pieces rather than a longer drawn out experience like in the previous movie. The sequel borrows pretty heavily from the first, and rightfully so, but the issue is that it does it too often and overall not as good as the original (since when it was first done it was original). In any case the movie is pretty funny and I still recommend at least for a dvd rental. Expand
  47. Jan 12, 2014
    It was so stupid. It didn't live up to my expectations after receiving solid reviews such as the ones displayed here. I smiled a few times, laughed a little maybe once or twice, but it's a very far cry from the original.
  48. Jan 11, 2014
    Ron Burgundy is back, but he is definitely no legend. The cliche and whack "Scary Movie" comedy really hurt this film. I can assure you there will be no cult hitting with this film. The out of style and opaque comedy that the first film so unique is nowhere present in this film. I did laugh a little and its still worth a movie-going night out. 6/10 OK.
  49. Hum
    Jan 8, 2014
    Very funny movie! Also touching at times. The message about what the news has become is spot on. Steve Carell and Will Ferrell are outstanding! Can't wait for A III
  50. Jan 6, 2014
    Anchorman 2 not only reaches the pedestal of Anchorman, but destroys it. It will get more quotable as the years go by. Anchorman 2 is a hilarious film and with a surprisingly great plot. The most anticipated comedy sequel ever meets expectations...and then some.
  51. Jan 5, 2014
    I really wanted this movie to be funny but it really is the case that the best moments were in the trailers. As a film its a feel good romp with some clever pokes at the news industry but as a comedy it just lacks laughs. Seriously, a slight chuckle was as good as it got.

Really for all the billing that went along with this movie some decent writers wouldn't have gone astray. Not even
    close to the original. Expand
  52. Jan 4, 2014
    Ashamed. The producers and cast of this movie created neither entertainment or a mild diversion of this this type of movie usually services. It was an embarrassment for all associated. In fact, I should have been paid to sit and watch this movie travesty not the other way around at $44 for a family of four. Not funny. Hard to understand the garbled, gibberish lines uttered. Poor jokes and some of the worst humor (if that what is was imaginable). It was that bad.

Don't go!
  53. Jan 4, 2014
    Anchorman 2 is a poor film in comparison to its predecessor. Most of the jokes involving Ron are over thought and try to hard. The story itself is far too jumpy and doesn't flow at all. Some key area plot lines in the opening hour aren't followed through and we jump to some ridiculous conclusions. I have given this one star for the initial performance of Steve Carrell as Brick he is funny but his jokes again go too far.

Overall a good concept is ruined by poor jokes and trying to be funny it's just not natural.
  54. Jan 2, 2014
    This movie was ok to great up until the last 15-20 minutes. The ending was completely awful and irrelevant to the plot. That is the only downside of the film. Most of the film was funny and had it's moments. I would recommend this film if your a Will Ferrell/ Ron Burgandy fan
  55. Jan 2, 2014
    This movie was extremely disappointing and I can't believe the positive reviews it's getting. It's easily the worst comedy I've ever seen and I found myself praying for it to end.
  56. Jan 2, 2014
    Laughed my ass off at the original. This one missed the mark, the majority of jokes fell on their face. There were a few that made my wife and I laugh. We were both thinking of leaving the theater but kept waiting/hoping for it to get better. Not worth the money or time. We were so very dissappointed.
  57. Jan 2, 2014
    Created an account solely to express my disappointment at this movie. Apatow should be embarrassed. I wanted to walk out of this horrible waste of time. I saw it on New Years Eve and it skyrocketed to the worst movie of the year! In fact I think it may be the worst of 2014 also since this dreadful movie was on my mind past midnight. I'm sure the stars who made cameos will never do another Apatow cameo without seeing the rest of the movie first. I know Ferrell and his branded Anchorman but this was the most poorly written movie I've ever seen...and the clearly ad-libbed lines thrown in by the actors missed their marks as well. Carell surely didn't have to prepare for the nonsense he delivered. This was supposed to be a movie about the absurdity of 24/7 news...it quickly became a movie about how promotion and hype can sucker people into the theater to watch something in which the director puts as little creative thinking as possible into making. Expand
  58. Jan 1, 2014
    A solid contender for Worst Movie of 2013. My wife dragged me to it, accompanied by another couple who, like her, are rabid Will Ferrell fans who loved the first Anchorman. At one point or another, each of us fell asleep, and when the film was over, my wife and her friends admitted they'd hated it. There are long stretches where nothing funny happens, there are no belly laughs, and only a few half-decent gags. Will Ferrell will bounce back with something worth seeing, I'm sure, but this clunker will contribute nothing to his reputation as a funny man. Expand
  59. Jan 1, 2014
    OMG this film is TERRIBLE. I loved anchorman and it's absurd humor but this doesn't even seem like it's written by the same person. Adam Mckay has really gone down hill recently. Every film after Stepbrothers has been awful. It's like the goblins stole his sense of humor while he slept. They should make a fantasy adventure about him trying to get it back or something. I just wanted to cringe through most of it and I don't see how the blatantly racist humor could be viewed by anyone (other than racists) as funny. RIP Ron Burgundy in Olympus next to mighty Zeus himself. Expand
  60. Jan 1, 2014
    Anchorman 2 review
    W

Ron Burgundy and his team of two perverts and a retarded weather forecaster are back in this much expected sequel from which people expect the same smartly done dumb humor from the previous one. So we all wondered going into this film: is it gonna rise over its predecessor like a flaming eagle or is it gonna plummet into a forgotten pit?
    The answer is... this
    movie is a sweet random treat for those who enjoy this kind of humor and are in the mood for it. Warning! For those grumpy artsy humans looking for a quirkier and more mature humor go sit somewhere else or you will go blind from all the eye rolling. But for those which enjoyed the last one and just wanna have a fun laugh, go right in.
    The movie continues the travels of Ron Burgundy and as expected goes to the most random and silly situations imaginable.
    I will start with the cons to get them of so here they are: Though being bigger than the last one this one drags on a little bit at the end of the second act and an estimated 10% of the jokes don't hit that laughing spot. The movie is quite long compared to the first one and I think for this kind of humor the length of the film needs to be shorter.
    Now to the pros: As I said previously this movie is BIG! It involves from Ron Burgundy raising a shark to the news team fighting a minotaur. The Channel 4 News team has a lot of screen time specially Brick! There are a lot of scenes involving Brick and since they are so many there are some that don't get you where it tickles but there are undoubtedly some that make you roll into a fetus position and cry of laughter. I will say a beloved occurrence from the last one makes a comeback 10 times bigger and involves some creative cameos that made me smile.
    In conclusion this movie has some flaws but they are overshadowed by an amazing fan service and loyalty to the first one. It hasn't got that many quotable lines as number one but it sure makes for a "laugh out loud" awesome time!
  61. Jan 1, 2014
    Fans of the first Anchorman & other films by Adam McKay are surely in for a treat. I was a fan of the first one, but not overly enthused. However, Anchorman 2 takes everything from the first one and brings more. I would go as far to say it was a major improvement over the first one.
  62. Jan 1, 2014
    Oh Ya, its good. Does not knock it out of the park but it is a pleasant sophomoric sequel from this comedy team. That kid is annoying and a bad actor though. They should of cut him from this film. He does nothing but bring you down. I really liked the boyfriend, girlfriend meeting scene though in front of the receptionist desk. I did enjoy this movie it has a lot of hits and misses but it does carry on fairly well. I think it was about 10 minutes too long though so they maybe could of cut out some of the fluff. Expand
  63. Dec 31, 2013
    I believe it is funnier than the first, even if it gets too ridiculous at times. But I cannot complain about the story, because that isn't the point of this type of film, the point is to be funny and original, which it is. It feels more confident, and there's much more of that ridiculous Brick this time around!

Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues gets a 7.4/10
  64. Dec 31, 2013
    Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues tackles some good morals, but recycles too many jokes throughout its duration, that it quickly develops into old news.
  65. Dec 31, 2013
    To be honest this was not a good movie. I never expected wanting a movie to end that had will Ferrell, Paul Rudd, and steve carrel. The jokes had no substance, the theater I was in was silent for most of the movie, not something I am used to, even at a terrible movie. The only positive was the satire on what the news industry has become. However, the fact that people are giving this a positive review, I'm guessing it eluded most. This was one of the worst comedies I have seen. I was very disappointed, especially since I am a huge Paul Rudd and steve carrel fan. Expand
  66. Dec 30, 2013
    If you're expecting a deep and moving thoughtful movie then you should not venture out to see this film. If you are looking for silly, whimsical, and just down right fun this is your film. Its stock Will Ferrel at his best. At times it seems they try to bludgeon you with the bit so you get the joke, but it is a solid laugh enduring good time.
  67. Dec 30, 2013
    It may not be as good as its predecessor. But Anchorman 2 delivers all the comedy that we have come to expect. The point is, it got the job done and I walked out satisfied.
  68. Dec 30, 2013
    Loved the first one... But Anchorman 2: 45 minutes too long. Tries way too hard to be funny. Over crude to compensate for lack of originality. Couldn't wait for it to end...
  69. Dec 30, 2013
    The News Crew is back and they are just as funny as the first time around! I was very excited for this one and the final product went above and beyond my expectations. Like the last one, the film is silly but with a biting wit and a unique intelligence to it and the gang once again brings their individual characters to life and play well off each other. It was not uncommon for me to laugh till I cried and couldn’t breathe during this film and it makes me desire a third adventure with Ron Burgundy, Brick Tamland, Brian Fantana and Champ Kind. Expand
  70. Dec 29, 2013
    I rarely find myself actually laughing out loud but my god the slap stick humour of this had me doing it non stop. I absolutely wouldn't recommend this for everyone, but say if you enjoyed the first Anchorman or the Earlier Adam Sandler movies this will probably have you hooked from the get go. Just.... maybe check your brain in at the ticket desk when you go to see it and pick it up again on the way out, ye'll both enjoy it far more that way haha. Expand
  71. Dec 29, 2013
    While there are not as many quotable lines and the plot gets fuzzy and dumb with about 30 minutes left in the film, Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues is a hilarious and fun film, which is just as good as (if not better than) its 2004 predecessor. Will Ferrell plays the always funny and stupid Ron Burgundy and still fits the role perfectly. David Koechner, Paul Rudd, and especially Steve Carrell play their respective roles just as well as they did in the first film as well. Even the many cameos, including Will Smith, Jim Carrey, Kanye West, Sacha Baron-Cohen, and Vince Vaughn (as Wes Mantooth) were solid. The jokes are funny throughout the film, but parts like Doby the Shark and even the ending of the film were unnecessary. However, this film still manages to impress and provide many laughs, and I would definitely recommend it. Expand
  72. Dec 29, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Don't get me wrong, I did laugh quite a bit during the first half. Once *spoilers* Ron became blind, the movie fell hard. The end fight threw in a "what the hell did I just watch" feeling. Expand
  73. Dec 29, 2013
    Nonstop laughter the whole way through, it could of done with some more news room reports other than the main 2 but it was great, although the Australian boss's accent was overdone as i am Aussie it was a great movie and if anyone in need of a laugh then this is a movie for you.
  74. Dec 29, 2013
    Thankfully "Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues" is a comedy sequel one can trust, taking nearly every single ounce of ridiculousness, stupidity, and outright, gut-busting hilarity from the first film and delivering it back in an almost entirely augmented form.
  75. Dec 28, 2013
    Worst movie i have ever seen in the past couple of years. I can't believe the type of positive reviews it has been getting. So many scenes are stupid and not funny. Waste of money.
  76. Dec 28, 2013
    Surprisingly Anchorman 2 is one of those rare sequels that is far superior to the first one. While the predecessor was funny this was hilarious. The film ups the jokes, has some great satire, and delivers a great movie. I’d recommend it to people who weren’t big on the first one because it is a vast improvement. One of the best movies of the year. Prepare to laugh hard. If you liked the first one you are going to love the second one. Expand
  77. Dec 28, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. What is there to expect from a Will Ferrell sequel? Anchorman 2 is his first sequel, and not only that, but it happens to be the sequel to his largest film, both critically large, and also culturally. The original Anchorman was a bit of a revolution in comedic cinema. It was ballsy, wild, and unpredictable. More importantly... it was fresh. A new breath to comedy, a fresh unheard voice. This success is in fact the ultimate downfall of the sequel Anchorman 2: the Legend Continues. While it was not a terrible film, that did offer up a few laughs, this film felt like a throwback, a film whose only intent was to reference the original film. Many of the jokes were carbon copy gags. The entire arc of the film followed that of the original, including the ultimate climax of the news cast street battle found in both films. It seemed to me, that the creative team (Adam McKay and Will Ferrell) excpected the audience to want to watch the original film. Rehashing gags, and barely making them new. Is this what we the audience wanted? If this is what we wanted to watch, why not just watch the original? When news dropped that a new Anchorman was in development, the question of "is this needed" was asked by many. I personally defended the choice, believing comedic cinema could use another jolt, another wake up call, a call that I thought only Will Ferrell and his team could offer up. What I saw when I watched Anchorman 2, was not that, but instead the original Anchorman in sheeps clothes. The character of Brian Fantana, played honestly and charmingly by Paul Rudd, is iconically remembered from the original Anchorman for his collection of cologne and men's perfumes, the punch line being found in "the Sex Panther cologne." The sequel tries to rekindle this magic, by displaying Fantana's collection of condoms, most of which offer nothing in the department of protection. The same hidden storage compartment, the same outlandich names, just not quite as funny as the original. Ron Burgandy, played obviously by Ferrell himself, is said to be the best anchorman in the buisness, who reads exactly what the teleprompter tells him, no if's, and's, or but's. In the original Anchorman, this lead to the classic line of "And I'm Ron Burgundy. Go yourself San Diego." In the sequel, we find Burgundy losing his job, because he reads exactly what is on the teleprompter. Same gag, different movie... but barely. The new film does offer a few new laughs however. The romantic subplot between Brick Tamland (Steve Carell) and Chani (Kristen Wiig) was where the film found its stride. The explosion of Carell's career with the hit show the Office as well as other fantastic projects, lead everyone to know his character Brick would have more screen time, more jokes, and more significance in the film. The chemistry between him and Wiig (a brilliant comedian in her own right) was fresh and quircky. The improv nature that they brught to the set left the audience reeling, never knowing what to excpect next, and there was no way to guess, for each moment between the two was as absurd and brilliant as the one previous, surmounting in a date to a laundrymat, getting to know each other over soda out of the maching, and a torrid, awkward make out session revealing Wiig's whity tighty under wear. The other brilliant subplot this film offered was that of Burgundy losing his vision, leading to a hysterical recouping sub plot where he tries to learn how to exist in the world without vision. But, this also felt recycled, finding similar tones to Ferrell and McKays Talledega Nights. As funny as these moments were they were not fresh enough to save the film. The secret to comedy is in fact timing. never let the audience get a head of you. If they have the punch line figured out before it's said, if they have the gag calculated before it is done, the joke is dead and the laugh is lost. All the punchlines were in Anchorman 2 were predictable, because we have seen them played out in the original film. As Anchorman 2's credits rolled, and I threw away my popcorn, walking to my car I had a leathery taste in my mouth, like I had just spent the last two hours chewing on a well used boot. Expand
  78. Dec 28, 2013
    Although Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues is frequently hilarious (particularly the chaotic finale) it sags a bit in the middle, and is a touch too long. Still, it's a welcome sequel, and the scene involving Fantana helping Brick pick out a condom is not to be missed.
  79. Dec 28, 2013
    I found this movie extremely funny and I enjoyed 90% of the gags and jokes however I felt the story was flimsy. This didn't affect my enjoyment too much but it would have more satisfying if the story supported the comedy.
  80. Dec 27, 2013
    Anchorman 2 swings for the fences,misses, but still bags a solid triple. More outrageous than than the first film and almost as funny. Sure there are parts of the film were you might be thinking to your self come on, really?" Yet, that's only when your not laughing your ass off to the many pop culture references and timely gags. This is as good as comedy sequels get and that is a tribute to the writers of this film. The actors were also very interesting and memorable. While its not the best performance from any of them; they made the film worth a trip to the movies. Expand
  81. Dec 27, 2013
    Arguably less funny than Hannibal, this might be the least funny movie ever produced by Judd Apatow.

I really had my hopes up because the first movie was quite funny and is always a good re-watch and the cast consists of some very funny people. I don't know what happened to the writing team, but it appears that they were convinced that the low-hanging fruit of obvious racial stereotype
    jokes would achieve some laughter (surprisingly it did work on some people around me).

Not that jokes that go after stereotypes can't be funny, these were just executed so poorly it played like a film directed by a 12 year old Call of Duty player.

The new characters in this film were incredibly one-dimensional and added nothing to the story or the humor. Ron's child was so annoying that I strongly debated leaving the theater the very moment he was introduced. The rival anchorman Jack Lime was so bad at acting that his humor felt forced to work with this writing style.. I just don't really know what to say. It was all so bad. I am an easy laugh, too.

This is the first movie I have ever seen where I would have left had I gone alone. No question.
  82. Dec 26, 2013
    It was fine...we laughed a good amount, but it didn't really bring anything new and interesting to the table that first one didn't have. It had a whole different plot, so new things did happen, but the characters were very predicable for anyone who's seen the first one. Nothing surprised us. Brick was funny, but not hysterical like last time in the first movie because we already knew the sort of funny lines to expect from him. It was entertaining, but I would have been okay with just watching it on Netflix rather than in the theatre. If you liked the first one, it's worth seeing, but IMO it wasn't really amazing enough to rush to the theatre as soon as it came out. Expand
  83. Dec 26, 2013
    Do not waste your time or money on this movie. At the very least it does not need to be seen on the big screen. The comedy is thin and infrequent. The cameo appearances were fun, but the writing was unimaginative and cliche. Although we were the most mature people in the theater, we laughed far more frequently than the younger people.
  84. Dec 26, 2013
    One of the funniest movies of the year if not the decade. The characters r such losers but we still root for them anyway. Ferrell is one of the funniest actors ever
  85. Dec 26, 2013
    Too entertaining. Sometimes it can be a bit annoying and boring at sometimes, but overall, this movie is worth it! Will Ferrell did a great job. Please, go see this movie right now.
  86. Dec 25, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. 'Anchorman 2' is stunningly, breathtakingly bad. Not only entirely unoriginal and humorless, this heaving, gasping attempt at a sequel manages to reach transcendent levels of racism and bigotry. In a sense, you could say that Will Ferrell's comedy has disappeared into a nether-world in which his jokes are so lame and his apparent idea of what's funny so reactionary that you feel that he must be doing it on purpose: there must be some second-level joke going on, a sort of ironically bad comedy.

Unfortunately, it just is what it looks like: bad, lazy, offensive comedy. 'Anchorman 2''s joke overwhelmingly are not jokes; they're just exaggerated portrayals of stereotypes. The movie is overflowing with saucy Black women with Afros and angry libidos, there's an extended bit toward the end which basically boils down to "Ha ha, it's hard to be blind," and Stever Carell is back with what no one else seems to notice is a *retard routine.* The most painful moment of the film is probably when Ferrell has dinner with the "Black family" of his "Black girlfriend" (his repeated phrasing), where viewers are treated to something like five minutes of Will Ferrell doing paintless Blackface, saying "My man" and "Big mama" and trying to get high fives. But, you know, it's *ironic*, so it's not racist. Totally.

Let's be clear: I am not just whining that a movie violated my moral tastes. It is possible to write racist comedy which is, at least on a technical level, funny. 'Anchorman 2' is not bad only because it reduces systemic oppression to a punchline. It's also just a lazy, empty movie. The gags are just variations on the gags used in the original 'Anchorman': because the first film has a special cologne scene, the sequel gets a special condom scene; because the original had a random, surreal battle the sequel also got one (but with a bunch of pointless celebrity cameos). As others have noted, a great deal of the films ostensible humor centers on Carrell and Ferrel screaming. Just screaming. 'Cause it's funny, evidently.

Rarely have I been so disappointed by a film. I went in expecting something not quite as good as the original but still passably funny. What I got was self-imitating garbage that manages to be casually bigoted and deeply boring at the same time. Save your money, your time, and your dignity. Just say no to 'Anchorman 2.'
  87. Dec 24, 2013
    I am a HUGE fan of the first movie and all the incredible new comedic ideas it brought to the table. I feel that the movie was very dry and choppy plus a lot of the jokes were dragged out. There were funny parts but they weren't anything new it could have been better.
  88. Dec 23, 2013
    I love Anchorman, and I've seen it a million times... I've even memorized most of it. For those who don't know they actually killed the first Anchorman movie and redid it completely (Wikipedia). I tried watching the old version of the first film, it's horrible... hard to believe the next script for what is now part 1, is an epic comedy. I would argue that Anchorman 1 is one of the top 5 comedies of all time. Part 2, I can't really tell you, I walked out about 15 minutes in... it was bad. It has been edited from a rated R movie into a PG13 movie, and you can hear voice dubs over swear words, and the comedy is bad, I mean really bad. Nobody laughed at all, and jokes were flying by and crickets were heard. Ron B. has the best random lines and the improv in part 1 is liquid gold. Part 2 felt cheap and Ron B. felt like a different version of himself. Expand
  89. Dec 23, 2013
    As some people would walk out of any comedy and say that is the funniest movie they have ever seen. I am not one of those people and have never said that since the first Anchorman until yesterday when I saw Anchorman 2. Without exaggeration, I was laughing every minute and every joke soared. While the story is similar to the first, that does not bother me at all, in fact, I'm pleased that they did not risk this movie by using an entirely new plot. I don't have anything bad to say about the movie. While there was likely a few flaws, your constant laughter will distract you from them. This, people, is the funniest movie I have any seen that bested its predecessor, and it's pretty hard best the best. Expand
  90. Dec 23, 2013
    It's not as good as the first one, but when it comes to sequels it's really funny. The story goes all over the place with a few jokes that fall flat in the long run though with the hilarious cameos and Ron and the news team at their best Anchorman 2 is a strong sequel. B+
  91. Dec 23, 2013
    This movie was fine. A lot of people seem to like this movie, and I kinda do too. About a dozen people friends of mine were at the theater early. It's simply a comedy that works harder to be funny and it achieves it. But the things I didn't really enjoy were how Linda has an undisciplined personality and how it CAN be annoying for me, but typically, that means entertaining for you, so go see it if you enjoyed The Campaign. You'll like it more than me. Expand
  92. Dec 23, 2013
    This is a good movie worth seeing. I don't agree with either of the extremes, particularly the review that there was never a dull moment. There are scenes that fall flat, there are great laughs. Overall it's a good movie. If you have super high original movie expectations you should tone those down a bit, it's a sequel. But overall I found it funny, and towards the end I was cracking up.
  93. Dec 23, 2013
    Unlike most sequels, Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues is actually not far from the laugh-out-loud hilariousness in the news room that is Anchorman. With a few new editions to the cast and a plethora of new running gags, Anchorman 2 succeeds, and is very funny.
  94. Dec 23, 2013
    The humour in this film felt flat and stale. There was poor buildup to funny situations, and the plot line was incoherent to say the least (even by comedy standards). There were few bits of good humour, but most of the time the film leaves you wondering how strange, awkward and 'spoofy' it is going to get before it finally draws to a close.

The film attempts to explore themes of family
    and friendship, and at times it does so in a touching way. However, this is overshadowed by an excess of flat humour. The writer seems to value jokes in quantity over quality.

There was one notable positive though. The film satirizes how modern TV networks attempt to draw audience, as well as many stereotypes about Fox News.

Overall, however, this film was disappointing to watch and not worth the money for the ticket. If you don't like humour arising from awkward situations, don't bother watching it.
  95. Dec 22, 2013
    Too random.
    Poor acting is an understatement.
    Scenes so pointless they were unbearable, some due to longevity, and trying too damn hard to be funny.
    The underlying story had more substance than the humor.
    Worst use of great cameos of all-time.....*face palm*
  96. Dec 21, 2013
    The new definition of a 'bad movie'. The characters were parodies of themselves from the first film (which was great), and it's one of the only films I've actually had to walk out of due to the cringe-inducing 'jokes'.
  97. Dec 21, 2013
    My only gripe with this film is that no comedy I'll ever see will live up to this fantastic standard.
    Every joke was laugh out loud funny. Nothing fell flat, and the theater seemed like a happy family laughing together. I've never experienced a movie this gut-wrenchingly funny.
    The plot is as hilarious as it is clever. The entire satire on how news works was great albeit predictable.

The characters are what you'd expect with some stellar additions.
    The user score makes me question what film these other people saw because not one person I saw it with was anything below blown away...
  98. Dec 20, 2013
    It's impossible to sit through this movie with a straight face. There are a couple gags that fall flat, but MANY gags that will cause you to burst out in laughter.
  99. Dec 20, 2013
    Please do not waste your money on this movie...many scenes are unfunny, unimaginative, dry and flat. It really surprises me that its getting anything above a 4/10 because although it's got many star cameo appearances.. the writing just isn't funny.
  100. Dec 20, 2013
    This movie still shows that it's got the stuff. It may not be as good as the first one and is a little overlong in terms of a comedy like this, but it's still funny as he'll and outragously random and entertaining. The best part though was brick. Not only did he get way more screen-time, but he definitely reels in the most laughs with his outragously stupid personality. Also, be on the look out for lots of special cameos! Overall, it's a glass case of emotion! I give it a B+! P.S. Stay away from hati Expand

1. Reviewed by: Andrew O'Hehir
    Dec 20, 2013
    This is the kind of movie where most people know what they want and are pretty sure what they will get, that being “more of the same, please.”
  2. Reviewed by: Ty Burr
    Dec 19, 2013
    While Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues is a disappointment — how could it not be? — it’s not for lack of trying. If anything, the movie tries too hard.
  3. Reviewed by: Richard Corliss
    Dec 19, 2013
    Anchorman 2 is more like SNL in the sharper years (1995–2002), when McKay was a writer and Ferrell one of the Not Ready for Prime Time Players. Expect no more and you should be satisfied. Wine connoisseurs would call this a new Burgundy with an old bouquet.