Anonymous

6.1

1. Mar 10, 2012
    Intrigue, deception and a supposed truth, make this movie surprise, that's the word. Fascinated with spectacular art direction, makeup and wardrobe...
  2. Mar 6, 2012
    My only complaint is that I found myself getting lost in the plot sometimes. But have no fear, all questions will be answered. In the end, it was quite enjoyable.
  3. Nov 29, 2014
    Anonymous es una película que lo que quiere es contar la historia del famoso William Shakespeare pero desde un punto menos visto y un tanto más misterioso, y, en general, está película cuenta la historia de una forma interesante, aunque algo fastidiosa.

Este largometraje contiene una ambientación y un vestuario impecable y de gran altura, además, la trama de la película se desenvuelve de una forma que logra distribuirse bien a las diferentes situaciones que van ocurriendo en el film., pero, por desgracia, hay algo que le falta a la película, y eso es un entretenimiento más amplio., es decir, de que la película puede resultar en ciertas ocasiones fastidiosa y aburrida., por lo tanto la historia se puede tornar un tanto desalentada, aunque tampoco es para decir que este film se torne lo suficientemente fastidioso para decir que es malo o para dejar de verlo en cualquier parte de la película.
  4. Nov 11, 2011
    The basic premise: Shakespeare did not write his plays and poems, but this movie is anything but basic. The plot may be the most convoluted and confusing I've ever seen. Perhaps if you have a thorough understanding of Tudor history, it might make more sense. The story jumps around in time and involves all manner of intrigue in Queen Elizabeth's court. On the positive side, it never dragsThe basic premise: Shakespeare did not write his plays and poems, but this movie is anything but basic. The plot may be the most convoluted and confusing I've ever seen. Perhaps if you have a thorough understanding of Tudor history, it might make more sense. The story jumps around in time and involves all manner of intrigue in Queen Elizabeth's court. On the positive side, it never drags and looks good. Expand
  5. Nov 11, 2011
    This was, perhaps, the most frustratingly confusing movie I've ever watched. Good luck trying to keep track of who's who as the screenplay constantly bounces around through time. Some of the actors even look alike which added to the confusion. The acting, costumes, and cinematography is sublime. This could have been up there with the great "Amedeus" if the storytelling was improved.This was, perhaps, the most frustratingly confusing movie I've ever watched. Good luck trying to keep track of who's who as the screenplay constantly bounces around through time. Some of the actors even look alike which added to the confusion. The acting, costumes, and cinematography is sublime. This could have been up there with the great "Amedeus" if the storytelling was improved. There is a scene towards the end that attempts to sum up everything you watched to that point, but it is too late and still doesn't explain everything. After the movie my friend and I were both confused. The cast of characters is large and the constant time travel ruins it. I may attempt to watch the film again on blu-ray when it is released so I can watch at my own pace and try to figure it all out. Movies aren't very fun when you still don't know who all the characters are halfway through the film. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Judith Newmark
    Nov 6, 2011
    The movie inspired theater critic Judith Newmark to write a sonnet in response.
  2. Reviewed by: Lawrence Toppman
    Nov 3, 2011
    Anonymous is fun – if you take the anti-Shakespearean tale as events set in an unreal, alternate universe.
  3. Reviewed by: James Berardinelli
    Oct 31, 2011
    Anonymous is well-paced and never threatens to bore or become too scholarly.