Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures | Release Date: July 17, 2015
Generally favorable reviews based on 1553 Ratings
1,337
Watch Now
Bugger217Sep 14, 2017
Ant-Man tells a pretty straightforward superhero origin story that mostly adheres to the Marvel formula, with a few twists. It's a ton of fun, despite the familiarity, and the actors are incredibly charming. The movie really shines in its setAnt-Man tells a pretty straightforward superhero origin story that mostly adheres to the Marvel formula, with a few twists. It's a ton of fun, despite the familiarity, and the actors are incredibly charming. The movie really shines in its set pieces, which are visually inventive and add an interesting new fold to the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Overall, it's a middling entry in the franchise, but we're talking about a franchise that doesn't have any awful movies. You could do a whole lot worse with a couple hours of your time. Expand
JLuis_001Sep 7, 2017
One more good work from Marvel, once again they have achieved a movie that it's fun, exciting and very entertaining.

Although we may mourn and grieve over what may have been a more inventive and original work in Edgar Wright's hands this franchise seems to have a solid base.

Can't wait for a sequel.
Kes4278Jul 31, 2017
Great Movie.It was funny and the action and he cgi was just amazingLoved the suit btw.Great acting.The yellow jacket was descent too. I will give it a 9/10
drlowdonJun 24, 2017
Believing it to be too dangerous, Hank Pym vows to hide his Ant-Man shrinking technology until he discovers that his former protégé is close to perfecting a shrinking suit of his own. He decides to enlist the help of thief Scott Lang to stealBelieving it to be too dangerous, Hank Pym vows to hide his Ant-Man shrinking technology until he discovers that his former protégé is close to perfecting a shrinking suit of his own. He decides to enlist the help of thief Scott Lang to steal the technology and keep it hidden from the world.

If you’ve been keeping up with the Marvel movies Ant Man will offer very little too surprise you but the mix of humour and spectacular action scenes still makes for an entertaining watch.
FuturedirectorMar 20, 2016
Antman isn't with the bests works of the MCU, but at the end, the talented cast and surprisingly inventive storytelling that shows are enough to be notably considered by the audience.
SonicHD7Jun 1, 2017
Forced out of his own company by former protégé Darren Cross, Dr. Hank Pym (Michael Douglas) recruits the talents of Scott Lang (Paul Rudd), a master thief just released from prison. Lang becomes Ant-Man, trained by Pym and armed with a suitForced out of his own company by former protégé Darren Cross, Dr. Hank Pym (Michael Douglas) recruits the talents of Scott Lang (Paul Rudd), a master thief just released from prison. Lang becomes Ant-Man, trained by Pym and armed with a suit that allows him to shrink in size, possess superhuman strength and control an army of ants. The miniature hero must use his new skills to prevent Cross, also known as Yellowjacket, from perfecting the same technology and using it as a weapon for evil. Expand
LillieyMay 28, 2017
A really nice surprise of a film. Paul Rudd is hilarious and down to earth as the (at times) pint sized superhero. Some great set pieces and supporting performances make this a welcome entry to the MCU. B-
MonkiReviewsMay 28, 2017
The story and action make this movie a must see. Ant-Man is a great character, and I was surprised how good he actually was! He is strong and very funny, the perfect Marvel character. The only downside was it felt short.
flylexMay 17, 2017
Ant man is a medium movie in what is said of the cinematic universe of marvel is a good film of origin with a fun storyline but nothing original, full of elements but well used cliches the film has a partially good performance mainly of theAnt man is a medium movie in what is said of the cinematic universe of marvel is a good film of origin with a fun storyline but nothing original, full of elements but well used cliches the film has a partially good performance mainly of the own ant man, and Of doctor hank pyn and film has a villain who does not convince with weak motivations the movie is good but could be better note 80 Expand
Zummy1976May 11, 2017
This was great fun. Marvel movies tend to be better the smaller they are. This and Doctor Strange are far superior to the bloated team ups. And Thomas the Tank Engine totally steals the show.
BlancheApr 30, 2017
An impressive entrance made by this new character in Ant-Man. New character to films, of course. Plenty of funny skits dripping with great action. There were interesting perspectives too. The cast did a good job as did the writers behind theAn impressive entrance made by this new character in Ant-Man. New character to films, of course. Plenty of funny skits dripping with great action. There were interesting perspectives too. The cast did a good job as did the writers behind the story of the character - a film of this quality demands a sequel! Expand
NaanFreezerMar 19, 2017
Plot of this movie: A billionaire who is the CEO of a rich multi-billion-dollar technology company named after his family is also secretly a superhero with a high-tech suit that enables him to do amazing things. A former friend of his betraysPlot of this movie: A billionaire who is the CEO of a rich multi-billion-dollar technology company named after his family is also secretly a superhero with a high-tech suit that enables him to do amazing things. A former friend of his betrays him, takes over his company, and plots to subjugate the entire world and humanity stealing his technology and transforming it into a deadly weapon.

I'm sure most people reading this are scratching their heads and wondering "Um is this guy dense? I think he accidentally clicked on the wrong movie to write a review for. He just summarized the plot of Iron Man." Well, you're not wrong. Know why? Because Ant Man has the EXACT SAME PLOTS as Iron Man. Seriously its not hard to see the writers at Marvel Studios are just being lazy and recycling the same old plots over and over again. It's the same thing happening with the Avengers movies. Thumbs down!

P.S. I bet you're wondering why I gave a 2 and not a straight-up 0. That's because the movie made me laugh like hell! That part of the movie you might enjoy. Otherwise, I don't recommend.
ZerpnosMar 5, 2017
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Marvelin karakter anlatımlarını çok beğenen biri olarak, bu filmi de çok beğendiğimi söylemeliyim. Bir suçlunun kahraman oluşu, yanında ki eğlenceli karakterler ve bunu tasarlayanın kızına aşık olmak falan. Gerçekten ortaya eğlenceli ve heyecanı yüksek bir film çıkmış. Expand
egkJan 14, 2017
i love ant-man pual rudd did an amazing you know just some fresh air field with comedy and action. unfortunately the villain was very weak to me but overall it's a great film
Jack97Dec 17, 2016
It's a bit slow and choppy at the start, but Ant-Man quickly picks up with amazing CGI work and a nice smaller scale story that shows Marvel knows they don't need to make every film bigger than the last. This is a heist movie, a superheroIt's a bit slow and choppy at the start, but Ant-Man quickly picks up with amazing CGI work and a nice smaller scale story that shows Marvel knows they don't need to make every film bigger than the last. This is a heist movie, a superhero heist movie. And a pretty good one at that. Expand
BitashNov 26, 2016
I cannot believe anybody gave this movie a positive review the acting is so so horrific which means that the writing is pretty bad so is the acting. Just a predictable sequence of script, if you watch movies and actors just cannot watchI cannot believe anybody gave this movie a positive review the acting is so so horrific which means that the writing is pretty bad so is the acting. Just a predictable sequence of script, if you watch movies and actors just cannot watch movies like this is just terrible Expand
cxcJul 24, 2016
This movie was awesome. Paul Rudd is ant man. It had very creative action scenes unlike any other marvel movie (with the shrinking and growing). It was very entertaining and one of marvels better films.
MasterRileyJul 23, 2016
Ant-Man is now one of my favourite Marvel movies. They were able to take a silly idea for a movie character and turn it into a really good one. The writing, the action, the cinematography, the casting, the performances, and music are allAnt-Man is now one of my favourite Marvel movies. They were able to take a silly idea for a movie character and turn it into a really good one. The writing, the action, the cinematography, the casting, the performances, and music are all really good throughout the movie. The movie also has some really great comedy which is what ultimately makes Ant-Man as a movie character work so well. Expand
MovieLover123Jul 18, 2016
Lmao people actually think this movie is good. It is strikingly similar to Iron man 1 in so many ways that I could spend the whole day breaking it down. Good job, Disney! You have won over a herd of mindless zombies to watch and praise yourLmao people actually think this movie is good. It is strikingly similar to Iron man 1 in so many ways that I could spend the whole day breaking it down. Good job, Disney! You have won over a herd of mindless zombies to watch and praise your movies no matter what garbage comes out. Oh, boy! I am excited to see the sequel of this movie later on in the future ( ** the mind of an MCU fanboy**) Expand
gameguardian21Jul 6, 2016
While it falls short some of the other single hero films like iron man and the winter soilder, ant man still remains a great movie with that same marvel feel.
HectorInTheMornJun 15, 2016
Funny, Witty, Clever, And Fun, Marvel's Ant-Man is another example in witch you ever doubt Marvel Entertainment, they will give you something you will absolutely love to see over and over again!
JurassicParkFanJun 3, 2016
This may be one of Marvel's best films to put out onto the small screen! I love all of the characters except the villain. He is just another Marvel villain who is just... cringe-worthy. At least he is better than Lex Luthor in that one movieThis may be one of Marvel's best films to put out onto the small screen! I love all of the characters except the villain. He is just another Marvel villain who is just... cringe-worthy. At least he is better than Lex Luthor in that one movie where a bat fights an alien and a whole bunch of other random **** happens.

The action is also breathless. It is in a small scale and just how the camera moves and closes up to our hero is so magnificent!. Even the 3-D in the movie is amazing!

This movie is also really funny! the script is also great! The characters are well realized! The special effects and CGI is also really good! While the villain sucks, I'm going to Give Marvel's Ant-Man a 9/10.
DarthAlienJun 1, 2016
Very entertaining movie with a great plot. I enjoyed this way better than the blockbuster Avengers: Age of Ultron.
At first, I didn,t expect much from this movie as Ant-man was a very obscure character. However, this movie really impressed me.

On the other hand, some parts of the movie were quite redundant, like at the beginning of the movie, when Hank Pym lured Scott Lang to steal the suit in the house, why couldn't have Pym just intercept Scott when he left the prison? Think about it, guys.

Still, on the whole, this movie really satisfies me and I really enjoy it.
ATsushiMay 30, 2016
Feel fresh and slight. Film adapting the source Ant Man is fun enough, has a beautiful production, proper development of their characters and adequate script.
Youngybhoy1988May 16, 2016
Watched this the day before civil war to get myself up to speed and i must say i actually preferred this, marvels stand alone movies continue to be better than the big team up movies, ant man is just a fun movie, the main character and theWatched this the day before civil war to get myself up to speed and i must say i actually preferred this, marvels stand alone movies continue to be better than the big team up movies, ant man is just a fun movie, the main character and the supporting cast are cool, usual marvel weak villain and a forced scene with falcon to shove him in the bigger universe but other than that no real complaints Expand
MEFzelderMay 15, 2016
Para mi sorpresa "Ant-Man" es una gran película de Marvel Studios, se las arreglaron para poder adaptar por ser un héroe tan "random" y darle una personalidad carismática que te deja con ganas de querer más de él y, sobretodo, hacerloPara mi sorpresa "Ant-Man" es una gran película de Marvel Studios, se las arreglaron para poder adaptar por ser un héroe tan "random" y darle una personalidad carismática que te deja con ganas de querer más de él y, sobretodo, hacerlo creíble.
Si se nota que tiene actores bien involucrados en el proyecto como Paul Rudd, Michael Douglas y Evangeline Lilly, quienes tienen un muy buen desempeño, y crean una atmósfera entretenida y de relaciones bien marcadas (Como el amor de padre e hija de Hank Pym con Hope o el desarrollo romántico de Scott Lang con Hope). Los efectos especiales también son sobresalientes.
Lo que no hace que la película sea mejor es el villano, Corey Stoll esta bien en su papel pero es un villano que ya se vio varias veces en el UCM, en Iron Man 1, 2 y 3 los enemigos son un tipo que utiliza la misma tecnología que el héroe o un villano en traje, si no son ambas cosas.
Mi recomendación es véanla si les gusta el universo de Marvel o son nuevos, no hace falta conocer las otras historias para entender "Ant-Man" y las propuestas para las siguientes apariciones del personaje.
Stargirl04May 15, 2016
I never pictured Paul Rudd as a superhero but I really enjoyed the film. I will never look at ants the same way again!! I have never seen anything about Ant-Man prior to this movie, so I don't know how accurate it is to the comics but I loveI never pictured Paul Rudd as a superhero but I really enjoyed the film. I will never look at ants the same way again!! I have never seen anything about Ant-Man prior to this movie, so I don't know how accurate it is to the comics but I love how eventually I am sure they will tie in all the characters together. Great Movie! Expand
ElectroNickMay 11, 2016
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Much like everyone else I was pretty doubtful about how this film would turn out. Even after the success of "Guardians of the Galaxy" I was expecting this film to bomb. Much to my surprise though it turned out to be a solid film. It is not groundbreaking as the other films but it is good at what it does. i was nervous about this film since Hank Pym had always been one of my least favorite heroes but they made the smart move of him being a mentor figure and having the spotlight be on Scott Lang. He is the typical reluctant hero with a criminal past and tries to redeem himself. He has a nice relationship with his daughter and has problems with his marriage due to his criminal past. The family is a big component of his character arc but there are still lasting consequences for his past. Even when he saves his daughter he still is divorced and is still living away from his daughter. The relationship he has with Hank is the the typical hero mentor relationship which reminds me of a similar relationship that Mr. Hun and Daniel from the Karate Kid remake had when the mentor learns from the student as well as the student learning from the mentor. His relationship with the future Wasp was also well done as they learn form each other as well as start to grow a fondness for the other. I am interested in seeing how Ant Man would fit into the Avengers and I would love to see Wasp enter the fray in the future battles ahead. The action scenes are fun to watch because they give creative elements to other wise standard action sequences. Unfortunately there are some problems that keeps this film from being only a good film to a great film. As well as the story line was told, it does rely heavily on cliches. The plot was well told and it did have some genuine surprises such as the time when Ant-Man shrunk so much that he was in another dimension which gives way to a visual spectacular visual set piece. Aside from that though the majority of the story line revolves around the standard tropes of a heist movie. As well developed as the main heroes are, the villain is once again bland. Marvel really needs more villains that stand out aside from Kingpin, Ultron, Loki, and Iron Monger. The side characters are really nothing more than stereotypes which includes a very problematic representation of Latinos in Lang's best friend. It is also strange that Wasp wasn't allowed to be part of the final battle even though it was heavily established that she was a better fighter than Lang. Although I still think this is a good film I did dislike that one aspect of it. It is a good film that could have been a great film if it wasn't tied down by it's reliance on cliches and stereotypes. Expand
RojodeKantoApr 24, 2016
Cuando supe de esta película la notaba como si fuera la primera de Iron Man, pero cuando la vi me entretuvo fue muy diferente y propia en muchos aspectos, es la historia de un ladrón que por su hija hará lo que sea, se roba un traje que leCuando supe de esta película la notaba como si fuera la primera de Iron Man, pero cuando la vi me entretuvo fue muy diferente y propia en muchos aspectos, es la historia de un ladrón que por su hija hará lo que sea, se roba un traje que le permite encogerse al tamaño de una hormiga a la vez aumenta su resistencia y fuerza, para salvar al mundo y rectificarse de paso, Paul Rudd quién interpreta a Scott Lang, el protagonista, para ser sincero nunca he visto una película en la que participa, el era más de comedia, parecía que no tenía pinta de héroe, pero me acabó convenciendo su interpretación y una buena adición, un personaje que uno puede simpatizar, Evangeline Lily como Hope Van Dyne, ha sido un buen personaje que tiene un conflicto con su padre, además de una mujer con muchas habilidades, sobre todo para luchar, para mi es la mujer más hermosa de la franquicia, Michael Douglas como Hank Pym, brillante para esta actor veterano, aunque no se aleja tanto de su contraparte imprenta y ha sabido encajar bien en la historia, Michael Peña como Luis, el amigo del protagonista, es el segundo personaje más destaca de la cinta aparte del protagonista, muy divertido sobre todo cuando cuenta una cadena de historia, una de las mejores parte del filme, en cuanto al antagonista Darren Cross, interpretado por Corey Stoll, me pareció más demente que Obadiah Stane del primer Iron Man, pero son tan similares, un villano pasable, aunque he notado muchas referencias de por qué el es Chaqueta Amarilla, identidad de Pym en los comics, tiene una pistola reductora y el dialogo que intercambia con Pym: "¿Que viste en mi?, "Me vi a mi mismo", lo que da sentido sin perder la escencia del material fuente, la película ha sido, buena, graciosa, muy entretenida, genial para pasar el rato con los amigos y/o la familia, pero no llega a ser mejor que la flipante Vengadores La Era de Ultrón, muchos exageran cuando dice que es mejor cuando no lo es, esta pelicula es más sencilla, tiene el presupuesto más bajo de Marvel Studios, pero tiene una buena historia acerca de la familia, los errores que cometemos, las fracturas que generamos por ello y tratar de enmendarlo, Peyton Reed es un gran director lo ha sabido hacer bien la película a pesar de haber problemas durante su realización, ya que originalmente iba a ser Edgar Wright (al final es acreditado como guionista y productor ejecutivo), aunque a saber si su guión original, iba a estar muy alejado de mencionar lo que pasa en el Universo Cinematográfico, ¿habría sido el primer fracaso de Marvel Studios?, que bueno que algunas cosas se pudo rescatar y no perdio conexión alguna, de hecho es por que me gustan estas peliculas sobre todo cierta parte interesante que a muchos le gustado tanto como a mi, en cierto lugar al norte de Nueva York, a diferencia de Guardianes de la Galaxia, que por estar fuera de nuestro planeta fue más independiente, pero sin perder la conexión, una razón por que Ant-Man no llega a ser mejor que los Guardianes, según yo, hay dos escenas post-créditos, una a futuro lejano y la otra a un inminente conflicto donde Scott Lang también estará involucrado, con esto acabo de terminar mis reseñas del Universo Cinematográfico de Marvel, que para mi es la mejor franquicia filmica, la más distinta y variada de todas, así como la número 1 en taquilla, como dije en un principio ninguna de las películas es mala, todas son buenas sólo hay mejores que otras, seguiré con mis reseñas con la Fase 3. Expand
aadityamudharApr 17, 2016
“Ant-Man” is passable but could’ve been better. The humour, ‘heist’ aspect of the movie, and miniature-sized action scenes make it fun enough. The movie feels lively and cheery throughout, and I think this is one of the main reasons why it“Ant-Man” is passable but could’ve been better. The humour, ‘heist’ aspect of the movie, and miniature-sized action scenes make it fun enough. The movie feels lively and cheery throughout, and I think this is one of the main reasons why it works. The acting and story is average at best. Expand
jlittle1404Apr 1, 2016
Marvel brings the Ant-Man to the big screen. Definitely better than I thought it would be. It wasn't overly exciting just another Marvel movie in my book. Funny, which is good but it almost turns into a comedy. Don't worry kids will love itMarvel brings the Ant-Man to the big screen. Definitely better than I thought it would be. It wasn't overly exciting just another Marvel movie in my book. Funny, which is good but it almost turns into a comedy. Don't worry kids will love it and their parents will enjoy it to. Like I said just another Marvel movie. Of course Marvel can do no wrong! I'm not saying it's terrible but it's nothing to praise either Expand
RedeadhoodMar 28, 2016
Ant-Man is probably one of the only Marvel movies that I believe had the right tone. A man who can turn into an ant is seriously bonkers, but Marvel made it work. And I really did't mind the comedy this time around.
AaronWasserman1Mar 26, 2016
A very fun Marvel movie, but not a movie i feel I need to see again, and that is a common trend I seem to experience with Marvel movies, they are fun in a theater and I look forward to them, but in the end, they are silly popcorn movies.
twall3Mar 22, 2016
Meant to see it in the theaters but never got around to it. Heard it was just "ok". Rented it from Redbox and watched it with my wife and college-aged daughters. We all LOVED it! Lead character was a smart yet humble, funny beat-down familyMeant to see it in the theaters but never got around to it. Heard it was just "ok". Rented it from Redbox and watched it with my wife and college-aged daughters. We all LOVED it! Lead character was a smart yet humble, funny beat-down family man. Very sympathetic and likable. Great supporting actors. Exciting and clever use of the shrink technology. Fun introduction of various ants as helpers. We enjoyed it so much that bought it and have watched it and enjoyed it multiple times since renting it. Looking forward the sequel in 2018 and to seeing him join the Avengers in upcoming Captain America Civil War movie. Expand
Cinemassacre94Mar 20, 2016
Ant-Man, as obscure a superhero title as has been released since the inception of the so-called "MCU" (Marvel Cinematic Universe), may test the perception that Marvel can do no wrong. The general public knows Spider-Man, Iron Man, CaptainAnt-Man, as obscure a superhero title as has been released since the inception of the so-called "MCU" (Marvel Cinematic Universe), may test the perception that Marvel can do no wrong. The general public knows Spider-Man, Iron Man, Captain America, and The Hulk, but they don't know Ant-Man. And, unlike what happened with Guardians of the Galaxy, Marvel hasn't carpet-bombed pop culture with a marketing blitz. So Ant-Man has to stand on its own merits with only the Marvel brand to differentiate it from, for example, Green Lantern.

The movie tries to offer something marginally different from the run-of-the-mill superhero origin story. It's hard to say how much of Edgar Wright's original vision remains in the final product, but the tone is more jokey than that of most Marvel movies. Unfortunately, it's almost impossible to make it through the entirety of Ant-Man's two hours without thinking of Honey, I Shrunk the Kids as least once, and I'm not sure that's an association the filmmakers were courting.

Narratively, tone differences aside, this follows the "origin story" formula with little variation. With the exception of an unfortunate deus ex machine plot point, every beat of Ant-Man is predictable. The movie is engaging in the same way as a generic romantic comedy: we know exactly what's going to happen at every moment but there's some comfort in that. Ant-Man contains some compelling scenes (there's a great fight sequence between the title character and someone more established from the MCU) but there's nothing innovative in terms of content or how it is presented. Ant-Man scampers along with a "been there, done that" vibe. The attempts at overt comedy are hit-and-miss. The heist elements are derivative and not nearly as inventive as one might expect given the possibilities. The action sequences are variable and the dramatic moments… the less said, the better.

Despite having buffed up physically for the part, Paul Rudd is an unlikely choice to play a superhero. His character, Scott Lang, is intended to be an "ordinary guy", and the actor imbues Scott with the most ordinary of traits: he's kind-of boring. The defining factor in Scott's life is that he wants to be a good dad. After spending some time in prison (he once earned his living as a Robin Hood-inspired cat burglar), Scott has a lot to make up for. The problem with this backstory is that the screenplay never sufficiently cultivates the relationship between Scott and his daughter for us to really care. As played by Abby Ryder Fortson, Cassie is a one-note "cute" movie child that the filmmakers fail to develop. Her scenes with Rudd don't gel. This is a critical rent in the film's dramatic fabric.

Ant-Man feels overlong, with a lion's share of the screen time devoted to the obligatory scenes of Scott learning his "craft." We get the expected training montage; I suppose no superhero origin story would be complete without this. There's a quasi-romance between Scott and Hope that comes out of nowhere and goes nowhere. Ant-Man is hyper-aware of its place in the MCU. It name-drops shamelessly and features several appearances by characters we have seen before. The overall effect is to remind us that there was a time when the MCU was less crowded and more fun. Stand-alone superhero movies have no place in this universe anymore.

Ant-Man isn't "bad" in the sense that many movies are "bad." It's just lackluster - a diversion with no staying power. The lead character is interchangeable with any number of Grade B superheroes - his unique "power" doesn't make the results or the means to achieve them sufficiently different. It wasn't that long ago when superhero movies took chances. (Remember The Dark Knight?) Now, they are risk-averse. That's perhaps the most disappointing thing about Ant-Man.

For comic book fans, the addition of Ant-Man to the Marvel family will undoubtedly be greeted with high-fives and cheers. The movie, however, doesn't give the rest of us a reason to care. As the post-credits caption informs us, Ant-Man will return, although it's likely he'll be back as part of a team. This is an appetizer and like most meager fare, it doesn't satisfy. Let's hope the main course, when it comes, offers more than these warmed-over hors d'oeuvres.
TributeManMar 12, 2016
Mały, ale wariat!

Mały, ale wariat!

Nie spodziewałem się po Ant-Manie tak dobrego filmu. Po wszystkich zapowiedziach wydawał się kolejnym filmem o super bohaterze z rozbuchanym ego ratującym w pojedynkę świat. Dostałem natomiast na prawdę śmieszną komedię. Niestety Ant-Man ma jeden poważny problem. Są w nim okropne luki scenariuszowe. Na szczęście cała reszta jest jak najbardziej w porządku. Z czystym sumieniem polecam każdemu z Dobrym poczuciem humoru ;p
AthanasiosTMar 4, 2016
Best Marvel movie I've seen in the last years. It reminded me of the first Spiderman, because it was fun and didn't take itself too seriously. Nice effects and sympathetic main character, along with a great cast comprised a very good, new,Best Marvel movie I've seen in the last years. It reminded me of the first Spiderman, because it was fun and didn't take itself too seriously. Nice effects and sympathetic main character, along with a great cast comprised a very good, new, movie super hero. Expand
UrbanlistenerFeb 23, 2016
Very good Marvel film, really funny, smart, clever and enjoyable. A great time for any superhero fan and also finally a Marvel with a small scale story, it is mostly just a heist film and that is exactly what it needed to be.
fuzzheadFeb 15, 2016
Cliche Overload. The movie is mundane, unremarkable and borderline boring. It might amuse a seven year old. After first half hour or so I could predict every next scene and dialogs. Initially I thought they were trolling the regular superheroCliche Overload. The movie is mundane, unremarkable and borderline boring. It might amuse a seven year old. After first half hour or so I could predict every next scene and dialogs. Initially I thought they were trolling the regular superhero movies and it was deliberate. Mahn! what a disappointment especially when you consider the screenplay was written by likes of Edgar Wright, Adam McKay and Joe Cornish. Expand
nahtan1244Feb 14, 2016
An exciting funny and fun entry into the marvel cannon. One of the funniest and fun marvel movies sense guardians of the galaxy. Sometimes the biggest surprises come in the smallest sizes. Ant man is fantastically played by paul rudd. TheAn exciting funny and fun entry into the marvel cannon. One of the funniest and fun marvel movies sense guardians of the galaxy. Sometimes the biggest surprises come in the smallest sizes. Ant man is fantastically played by paul rudd. The action scenes although few are fun action packed and well done. The only problem I had was the villain was very weak however who can top tom hiddlestons loki I mean that man is marvel's best and only good villain but that's besides the point. Ant man is smart fun funny and a excellent effort done by marvel studios Expand
GameBoy57Feb 11, 2016
Ant-Man is a jawdropping experience for the mind blowing physical effects. The humor is hilarious and the actors too (in a good way). Various of emotions are highly present through the movie and the viewers mood quickly changes from sad toAnt-Man is a jawdropping experience for the mind blowing physical effects. The humor is hilarious and the actors too (in a good way). Various of emotions are highly present through the movie and the viewers mood quickly changes from sad to funny moments which is perfect put together and combined. The CGI is impressive and perfect balanced with reality. A must watch. Expand
YorkManFeb 10, 2016
Ant-Man is one of the Marvel comic universe's more obscure characters.... And there's a very good reason for that.
One of the biggest problems with Ant-Man, not just as a film, but as a character as a whole.... Is that his backstory, motives and development are things we've seen before. The annoying thing is that this is mainly down to the necessities of fitting the character into the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU).

Unlike Captain America, where they took the comic's origin story and brought Cap' into the modern age via the 'frozen in ice for 70 years' idea, in Ant-Man they try to dispense with the original story altogether.

In this film, the 'Ant-Man' is effectively the second incarnation, the original being the 'old guy' scientist whose origin story would have been far more interesting. Instead we get a convoluted narrative that suggests a new 'Ant-Man' is needed to combat the machinations of the 'old guy' scientist's former assistant who is attempting to duplicate his miniaturisation processes.

What follows is a 30 minute training montage, involving more technology whose invention is never explained (i.e. the ability to control various species of ant), and then the 'surprise' discovery the young scientist is looking to sell miniaturisation tech to the army for profit, now he's worked out how to make things smaller....

Cue Ant-Man's heroic infiltration of the bad scientist's research facility, you know, the one bearing the name of the 'old guy' scientist who was ousted from the board etc. And the finale between Ant-Man and young scientist who has shrunk himself in his own combat suit.....

It's sooooooo predictable as to be patronising!

However, it's not all bad. Paul Rudd displays his usual comedic sensibilities as the 'hero', and Michael Douglas is also good as the 'old guy' scientist. Their interplay is very funny. Rudd's three criminal sidekicks are also good value, except that Michael Pena's Mexican Stereotype characterisations which do grate immensely very quickly!

Overall, it's a paint-by-numbers Superhero flick, but one that does benefit from a superior comic-interplay between the main characters.
jjb3Jan 22, 2016
THIS MOVIE WAS AWESOME. It seems like it would be really lame but its not! It was surprisingly a great movie. The acting, jokes, action, and story were all great!
xxjc6Jan 22, 2016
A very impressive movie. A lot of fun that everyone can enjoy. It's funny and extremely entertaining. Highly recommend this. Easily, one of the better movies in the Marvel cannon.
ChikatiloZJan 22, 2016
Big fan of just about every marvel movie & spinoff these guys have released, except ant man, it's a stupid character in a stupid movie and the amount of stupid jokes in this movie is mindblowing, they don't go 120 seconds without a very,Big fan of just about every marvel movie & spinoff these guys have released, except ant man, it's a stupid character in a stupid movie and the amount of stupid jokes in this movie is mindblowing, they don't go 120 seconds without a very, very, very, very bad joke in there. Expand
cjbJan 9, 2016
I have to say I was very impressed by this movie. I am a big fan of the marvel universe but I really had no desire to see this movie. I couldn't see how it would be good. But I am glad to say I was completely wrong. It is extremelyI have to say I was very impressed by this movie. I am a big fan of the marvel universe but I really had no desire to see this movie. I couldn't see how it would be good. But I am glad to say I was completely wrong. It is extremely entertaining, hilarious, the fight scenes are awesome, and the special effects are incredible. I highly recommend this movie. Easily one of my favorite Marvel movies to date. Plus, how the movie ties into the marvel cinematic universe and the two end credit scenes are awesome. Expand
EpicLadySpongeJan 7, 2016
Now it's not that hard to give this one a 7. It's decently good from Marvel and company. The Ant-Man movie will at least shrink so you can at least see it one more time with the Ant-Man hero.
BarneyOnMTJan 5, 2016
WHAT I LIKE: Ant Man is quite simular in plot to the original 'Iron Man', but perhaps Marvel's funnest film yet. For a start, that action scene with Falcon is very exciting, and the size changing allows for some other incredible and freshWHAT I LIKE: Ant Man is quite simular in plot to the original 'Iron Man', but perhaps Marvel's funnest film yet. For a start, that action scene with Falcon is very exciting, and the size changing allows for some other incredible and fresh action scenes that really have you on the edge of your seat. As a film that could've easily felt out of place in Phase 2; 'Ant Man' fits in well thanks to Pym's past and hilarious references to the Avengers etc., plus the cast are all excellent (particularly Paul Rudd as Scott Lang and Michael Douglas as Hank Pym). So, 'Ant-Man' is once again something very new from Marvel that exceeded everyone's expctations, offering a fun, bitesize teaser after the spectacular 'Age of Ultron'
WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE: The plot is very simple, which makes the film feel very short, plus it's not the most interesting film experience overall
VERDICT: Marvel does it again: pulling off something that nobody thought would work, 'Ant Man' is a gripping and fun heist film that exceeds everyone's expectations.
mrmonsterJan 4, 2016
I'll start with what I liked, than I'll get to what I didn't. I liked the humor, and I liked how it was definitely a new take on the superhero genre. It was more of a heist film than anything. But the movie had plenty of flaws; the villainI'll start with what I liked, than I'll get to what I didn't. I liked the humor, and I liked how it was definitely a new take on the superhero genre. It was more of a heist film than anything. But the movie had plenty of flaws; the villain was as generic as you can get, and the movie's set up took more than an hour, I felt the exposition could have been a lot shorter. But other than that, the movie was fine. Expand
NikolayGDec 30, 2015
This movie started strong but after a half or so, as the characters and personalities gave way to effects and fights, relentlessly, and as the novelty of seeing small objects like bathtub stoppers appear huge, and as the novelty of Ant ManThis movie started strong but after a half or so, as the characters and personalities gave way to effects and fights, relentlessly, and as the novelty of seeing small objects like bathtub stoppers appear huge, and as the novelty of Ant Man being normal size, shrinking, the suddenly becoming normal size again (giving the impression of constantly appearing and disappearing during fights) wore off, I lost interest. I'm not against action; I enjoyed Spectre and Force Awakens and other superhero movies such as Sam Raimi's Spider-Man 2 and the first Avengers movie, but there was nothing like the entertaining relationships of Avengers or Spider-Man in this film, and somehow the personal story (which revolved around Ant Man's desire to see his daughter, which his ex-wife wouldn't let him do because he hadn't paid child support which he had not been able to do because he'd just gotten out of prison) and its connection to the action wasn't convincing to me. It may have had to do with the lead not having adequate charisma or chemistry with anyone. It really just all came across to me as a bunch of noise. I think the musical score should have been a lot better too. It came across as generically bombastic. One bright spot was Michael Douglas, especially the way they made Michael Douglas in the first scene, which takes place in the past, appear so young. That was a fun bit that lasted a few minutes.

Overall a harmless movie for kids - not a shred of realistic violence; it's all pretty silly violence and no one gets killed - or bad language, and it's not a cynical movie either. But aside from being kid safe, I can't recommend it.
GavindalfDec 30, 2015
I would say the movie was decent. There are many flaws in it, like the science behind it (watch Film Theorists' Ant-Man video) and humor in the final fight. Humor was all the movie really had going for it. If you take out the humor it wouldI would say the movie was decent. There are many flaws in it, like the science behind it (watch Film Theorists' Ant-Man video) and humor in the final fight. Humor was all the movie really had going for it. If you take out the humor it would be a terrible movie. Especially in the final fight. Get rid of Thomas and the final fight is just Ant-Man running from lasers. The plot is decent though. When I go see a Marvel movie I expect fantastic action and a little bit of humor, however Ant-Man was a whole lot of humor and terrible action. I think Marvel is going on more of a humorous path, considering Age of Ultron and Ant-Man, and I'm hoping Civil War will fix that. Expand
muzmuzDec 23, 2015
The installments of the MCU never fail to amaze me. Ant-Man is in definitely one of Marvel's the best, if they actually have something bad. Anyway, I rarely cry on any American movies -- I guess this one just hit the right spot.
AWassermanDec 20, 2015
Very shocking at how much fun this movie is. Marvel took a silly character and made it work so well. I found so much fun with this movie. Better than most of the Marvel films, honestly. It was a refreshing take on a comic book character thatVery shocking at how much fun this movie is. Marvel took a silly character and made it work so well. I found so much fun with this movie. Better than most of the Marvel films, honestly. It was a refreshing take on a comic book character that worked beyond well. But as a movie, I can't say it was better than a 7.5/10. I don't have expectations for a sequel, but this movie surprised many, so who knows. Expand
GentM2015Dec 20, 2015
Ant-Man is a 2015 American superhero film based on the Marvel Comics characters of the same name,It is the 12th movie in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.The film is directed by Peyton Reed and stars Paul Rudd,Evangeline Lilly,Corey Stoll,BobbyAnt-Man is a 2015 American superhero film based on the Marvel Comics characters of the same name,It is the 12th movie in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.The film is directed by Peyton Reed and stars Paul Rudd,Evangeline Lilly,Corey Stoll,Bobby Cannavale, Michael Peña,Tip "T.I." Harris,Anthony Mackie,Wood Harris,Judy Greer,David Dastmalchian and Michael Douglas.
In Ant-Man, Lang must help defend Dr. Pym's Ant-Man shrinking technology and plot a heist with worldwide ramifications.
Paul Rudd plays Scott Lang,a burglar who breaks into houses and steals stuff.He was arrested many times but now he's decided to change.Rudd is amazing in the role,he's such a nice and welcome edition to the Marvel hero canon.He's funny,charismatic and committed to the role.
Michael Douglas as Hank Pym though is what makes this movie even more amazing that it already is.He is so great on the role and it's so nice to see him actually act again.Even his backstory is truly interesting and I would love to see a prequel all about him.
Evangeline Lilly as Hope van Dyne is also very good.I like that she's a strong character and does not necessarily depend on others,I really like where they are going with her character and I'm super excited to see her back in the sequel.
The visual effects for this movie are mind-blowing and truly impressive.I really enjoyed the action sequences especially his final throw downs with Jellowjacket.The scope of the battles and the way they decided to direct and present them made me laugh out loud in so many occasions,especially the scene already seen in the trailers with Tomas the Train,which is hilarious and perfectly shot.
There are a few story lines in this film,one of them being Scott and his daughter.I liked that story line despite most of the people saying that it felt forced and only put in the movie to make us care more about Scott Lang.I disagree actually because it absolutely did make us care but it also gave the character a reason to wear the Ant-Man suit and it truly worked.
The villain in this movie (portrayed by Corey Stoll) is also a complain that I've heard quiet a lot.I disagree here also because in my opinion his intentions and motives from his back story are truly interesting and believable.I also truly liked Corey Stoll's performance and the yellowjacket suit looked glorious.He makes up for some really good looking and overall interesting fights with Ant-Man.
The movie faced some problems along the production,it changed directors as it was once going to be directed by Edgar Wright but his concepts and basic story did not fit in with the MCU so they changed it and that is totally fine with me.I liked Peyton Reed's directing and style and I also like the humor in it,most of it being delivered by Michael Peña who every time he talks it's just comedy gold and I was laughing so much.
I truly enjoyed Ant-Man,it is a nice and pretty different addition to the Marvel Cinematic Universe,with the scale of the movie being much smaller (pun intended) and it being first and foremost a heist movie.
csw12Dec 20, 2015
Ant-Man is one of the dumbest films this year, if not the dumbest. Visual effects suck, story is awful, acting nonexistent and the characters are forgettable. The movie is for morons, kinda like the people who made it.
Trev29Dec 19, 2015
This is more nonsense. Marvel keeps rehashing the same garbage. The actors are likable enough, but they can't help this overlong silly movie. People will defend anything Marvel puts out, but I won't. It was boring.
Th3GreenHorne7Dec 19, 2015
The long-awaited Ant-Man, impressed yes and no, but mostly yes. Ant-Man, Directed by Peyton Reed, Starring Paul Rudd, Micheal Douglas, Evangeline Lilly, Micheal Pena, and Anthony Mackie. Now Ant-Man is very funny thanks to Paul Rudd, but theThe long-awaited Ant-Man, impressed yes and no, but mostly yes. Ant-Man, Directed by Peyton Reed, Starring Paul Rudd, Micheal Douglas, Evangeline Lilly, Micheal Pena, and Anthony Mackie. Now Ant-Man is very funny thanks to Paul Rudd, but the jokes seem to overtake the action that takes place in the film, even the hilarious jokes from Micheal Pena were very funny, the humor may flood the action, but you just can't take your eyes off of the amazing 3D CGI that Marvel Studios used in the film because it pops out so much that it look really real. The CGI might as well be the best thing about this film other than the great humor. Another thing that was great was the fact that the film wasn't overly long like other films made by Marvel, but that was probably another problem, you see there really wasn't enough story to really make a connection to the comics, clearly the film starts off before Hank Pym gives up being Ant-Man, then Scott Lang gets out of prison and becomes Ant-Man, then it really takes a good leap farther into the comics while not staying in order for more understanding. Ant-Man really goes somewhere and make another good superhero movie from Marvel, but Ant-Man has more to prove to movie goers. Expand
Shadiac1985Dec 19, 2015
My problem with "Ant-Man" isn't that it's a Marvel film or that it has a teenage-acceptable rating. My major problem with this film lies in its straightforwardness. It passes on too much time explaining the basic things (like how Hank can'tMy problem with "Ant-Man" isn't that it's a Marvel film or that it has a teenage-acceptable rating. My major problem with this film lies in its straightforwardness. It passes on too much time explaining the basic things (like how Hank can't get along with his daughter) and too little time explaining the supernatural things (like how he can freaking communicate with ants, or how he build a shrinking suit using 1980s army gear). I mean at first it shows us some dude turning into a wad of red goo in the fraction of a second, then we're expected to laugh at main character's comebacks a la Adam Sandler, and finally there is a 10 feet train and a 5 feet ant lying around where the hero fought some idiot who has millions yet he doesn't mind doing generic villain acting in a suit that looks like Power Rangers upgrade... and in between, Scott tries to kiss the girl. Is that a family flick? Is that a superhero flick with occasional blood and gore? Is that a sitcom? Nope. Just "Ant-Man".
That's what you get when you blend them in together. Though rest assured, Marvel fans - it didn't ruin the franchise.
TheQuietGamerDec 14, 2015
Ant-Man manages to stand out from the rest of the MCU's every growing cast of heroes by ditching the standard superhero origin story tropes and being a comedic heist movie instead. It manages to do this with solid action, great characters,Ant-Man manages to stand out from the rest of the MCU's every growing cast of heroes by ditching the standard superhero origin story tropes and being a comedic heist movie instead. It manages to do this with solid action, great characters, and still managing to feel like a Marvel movie that fits into the same universe as it's peers. It's a pretty big achievement given the time it spent trapped in development hell.

Marvel films have always had some humor in them. Guardians of the Galaxy was the first to really grasp on to a comedic focus. Much like that movie, Ant-Man is just as much a comedy as it is a superhero movie. If anything, it's more of a comedy.

The cool thing about the movie is that it's a new take on the standard Marvel flick. Yes, there's a villain and a hero duking it out with super powers onscreen, but given that the focus is more on our hero robbing the villain as opposed to fighting him for the majority of the film, it ends up being a legitimate heist movie.

The action scenes themselves are very well done. Ant-Man's powers are excellently utilized to create some crazy moments. Toys are thrown, ants are being ridden, and huge fights are barely being noticed by the normal sized people around them. Yes, size plays a huge role in the film, and for once smaller is better.

It's the first superhero, comedy heist film. With a talented cast and plenty of imagination. Touches of emotion and tons of humor bring it all to life. Even with a troubled and lengthy development cycle that lost some talent behind it along the way can't stop this from being one of Marvel's best stand alone films. It's a lot of fun and feels fresh in the constantly growing sea of superhero movies. I definitely recommend checking it out.

I give it a 9.2/10
LeZeeDec 14, 2015
Size doesn't matter if he's a superhero who committed to save the world.

Size doesn't matter if he's a superhero who committed to save the world.

My confession is I never read 'Ant-man' comics and I never knew such kind of superhero even exist in Marvel till this movie was announced. (But I know Danish film 'Antboy'.) So I'm glad they brought cinematic version of 'Ant-man' and I'm sure he'll return to the next 'Avengers' as they promoted strongly in this film itself to know what would be the audience response. I don't know others, but I definitely welcome the idea.

Another CGI magic, another Marvel's wonder. As long as they pick the right cast and crew with a good story, the sci-fi like this continues to rule the cinema world. It was a great team work, that must be appreciated. As usual the top notch visuals as well the performances, even the sidekicks. But I was surprised to see when Paul Rudd was attached to this project. I believed it would be a comedy sci-fi packed with full of action, and I was wrong. It was a simple tale, a heist theme and of course it was fun to watch, but never was a comedy movie.

A wonderful beginning, especially for the first film in the series. You know strong foundation is the key to raise a building above. I know the sequels would only get better by progressing and it should be. Because in all the Marvel's superhero flicks, this one was the most family and young kids friendly. That does not mean there were no violence, but from the title to the characters and presentation, all were so casual and can be understood by all.

It was so great to see a legend like Michael Douglas to be a part in the modern movie. Now I am eager to see Evangeline Lily as Wasp-girl in the follow-up. It would be like Peter Pan and Tinker Bell, but in a sci-fi version. The extras were very interesting, I enjoyed them as well. If you're are yet to see the film, don't expect anything like Disney's 'Honey' trilogy, after all, if you enjoy the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) then you would do same for it which is the twelfth to follow.

7.5/10
RalfbergsDec 11, 2015
Even though I expected something different, this movie turned out to be quite good actually. If you like other Marvel movies you will definitely like this one too. Even if it is basically about an ant sized man fighting the so called evilEven though I expected something different, this movie turned out to be quite good actually. If you like other Marvel movies you will definitely like this one too. Even if it is basically about an ant sized man fighting the so called evil powers etc and doesn't make much sense, it is quite fun movie and quite interesting too to watch, even though maybe a bit predictable and cliche at some points. Still, good fun Expand
WiscoJoeDec 10, 2015
Another mediocre movie from the Marvel machine, willed into life by the sheer force of marketing and enabled along by complacent critics with low expectations. This is one of the shoddiest big budget movies I've sat through. The only savingAnother mediocre movie from the Marvel machine, willed into life by the sheer force of marketing and enabled along by complacent critics with low expectations. This is one of the shoddiest big budget movies I've sat through. The only saving grace in this movie is the impressive CGI scenes that seem more realistic and alive than anything else on screen. Paul Rudd does his best to get through this thing with his normal charm and humor, but in the context of a lazy screenplay and boring characters it just comes across as forced and a little tired. I'm sure your kids will love. Some Marvel fans may even insist it's a masterpiece. That's fine for what it is, but if you're used to a certain level of professionalism or even coherence in your movies, I'd recommend you forget this movie ever existed. Expand
smiyamotDec 8, 2015
Another Marvel comic book hero come to life on the big screen (kinda). Interesting special effects since we are talking small sizes, like Honey I Shrank the Kids. Interesting tie ins with Agent Carter and the Falcon of the Avengers.Another Marvel comic book hero come to life on the big screen (kinda). Interesting special effects since we are talking small sizes, like Honey I Shrank the Kids. Interesting tie ins with Agent Carter and the Falcon of the Avengers. Ant-man is an ex-con, has a daughter, ex-wife, can't get a job, not your super hero type material. More interesting than the other movies since he's a regular guy just trying to have a life. Expand
sanyrubDec 6, 2015
One more average Marvel movie treated by some fans as some type of masterpiece. This time the humour is a very different than the usual weak jokes in Avengers movies, but still nothing that deserves any special recognition. The actors do aOne more average Marvel movie treated by some fans as some type of masterpiece. This time the humour is a very different than the usual weak jokes in Avengers movies, but still nothing that deserves any special recognition. The actors do a good job (not that any of them ever get any chance at shining in any of these Marvel films though, at least compared to blockbusters like Planet of the Apes or Hunger Games for example).
Ant-Man is probably the wrong superhero to bring on screen, it just is a little bit laughable.
CineAutoctonoDec 5, 2015
A good movie , but I loved this clear visual effects and CGI of the microscopic world , a good script, a magnificent performance of the deal, Marvel and Disney partner still has its high quality
gdiego135Dec 4, 2015
Maybe because i watched it late at night, i kept on dozing off for a few seconds, but this movie is actual alright. It could be boring at times, and the idea is pretty dumb, i mean of all the marvel characters they choose ANTMAN, but MichaelMaybe because i watched it late at night, i kept on dozing off for a few seconds, but this movie is actual alright. It could be boring at times, and the idea is pretty dumb, i mean of all the marvel characters they choose ANTMAN, but Michael Pena makes this movie great, man he is hilarious, also you got Evangeline Lily, famous for playing Kate Austin on the tv show LOST, but the main villain is an idiot like always bent on world domination. Expand
Xan_RyilDec 3, 2015
Antman is one those marvel movies which treats the audience as stupid. With a few Dark Physics terminologies then can make anything realistic even though plot has gigantic loop holes. There was almost nothing new, plot line similar to anyAntman is one those marvel movies which treats the audience as stupid. With a few Dark Physics terminologies then can make anything realistic even though plot has gigantic loop holes. There was almost nothing new, plot line similar to any action movie. Paul Rudd was the worst mistake of the film makers, that guy is not a superhero material. Michael Dauglas being the second one. And their chemistry is worst at times. There is no adventure at all, and from the start, the goal was confined and very small that offered no fun moment or test ride. Total waste of time and money... Expand
justinwalkerNov 28, 2015
I love when these 'comic book' movies settle into individual genres. Ant-Man does this successfully, creating a well designed heist film. It suffers from the current Marvel norm, an underdeveloped villain, but manages to avoid MCUI love when these 'comic book' movies settle into individual genres. Ant-Man does this successfully, creating a well designed heist film. It suffers from the current Marvel norm, an underdeveloped villain, but manages to avoid MCU hyper-tie-in syndrome. Surely a premium good time at the theater. Expand
ripclawNov 22, 2015
I was honestly surprised about how much I liked this film and how utterly entertained I was. For me, it hit the perferct sweet spot of superhero action and comedy. This is not a serious, dark, fallen hero drama. This is purely entertainingI was honestly surprised about how much I liked this film and how utterly entertained I was. For me, it hit the perferct sweet spot of superhero action and comedy. This is not a serious, dark, fallen hero drama. This is purely entertaining cinema, but it is just so well done. Paul Rudd works very well as Ant Man, which again, surprised me. What really got me was how well they used editing and sound for comedic effect. The train derailment? The little "blub" sound in the pool? Had me laughing out loud. More please! Expand
RoniPogi77Nov 21, 2015
An entertaining addition to the Marvel cinematic universe. Like other movies where shrinking is involved, this one makes use of insects--either the shunken hero riding them or commanding them. The movie has many moments and at times quiteAn entertaining addition to the Marvel cinematic universe. Like other movies where shrinking is involved, this one makes use of insects--either the shunken hero riding them or commanding them. The movie has many moments and at times quite funny. But the science in this sci-fi flick is very flimsy. Maybe not enough to bother the casual viewer, but for a nerd like me it did. They could have left out the part (or done it better) where the villain explains how the shinking process works (it shrinks the distances between atoms, but mass remains the same). This explanation is completely ignored afterward since Antman's mass clearly changed--for example he can ride a winged ant and that ant can carry him easily in flight. That should be impossible if his shunken mass was the same as his normal mass. And then we have the whole "going subatomic" thing. If what the suit does is SHRINK the DISTANCE BETWEEN ATOMS how can it make the wearer shrink SMALLER THAN AN ATOM? I felt a better thought out explanation of the shrinking process (and what precisely happens to one's mass) should have been included. But other than that flaw, it was an entertaining film and quite different in many ways from Marvel's other superhero films. Expand
jacob4Nov 19, 2015
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. An epic depiction of Marvel's most iconic oldest heroes! This movie is filled with epic tiny action, hilarious humor, lovable characters, and great costume design. What other movie has brought you an epic battle between Falcon and Ant-Man? This movie even has a great setup for Captain America: The Winter Soldier in the post credit scenes! Man, when Ant-Man and The Guardians of the Galaxy join the Avengers, things are going to get priceless! Expand
MinaGharouniNov 19, 2015
The plot for this movie was really Repetitious, in most of animations we can see the same plot happening. This movie didn't show any specific thing to the viewer, If the viewer of this movie be from various age, they will talk about the sameThe plot for this movie was really Repetitious, in most of animations we can see the same plot happening. This movie didn't show any specific thing to the viewer, If the viewer of this movie be from various age, they will talk about the same thing that they saw in this movie, which also can be found in the science lab. Nothing interesting for movie lovers. Expand
ydnar4Nov 17, 2015
Ant-Man really became a shock to most people considering the difficulties the film had in development. The Marvel comic had three different men as Ant-Man and surprisingly the character that was chosen as Ant-Man was Scott Lang, who was notAnt-Man really became a shock to most people considering the difficulties the film had in development. The Marvel comic had three different men as Ant-Man and surprisingly the character that was chosen as Ant-Man was Scott Lang, who was not the most popular Ant-Man. Hank Pym was the most well-known Ant-Man who would be in the film but not as the hero. Edgar Wright was also chosen as the original director for the film that began development in 2006 but left in May of 2014 and was replaced by Peyton Reed.

Ant-Man is quite possibly the best origin story Marvel has produced since Iron-Man and is one of the best stand alone Marvel movies yet. Ant-Man was an unknown hero to non-comic fans and his origins had never been told which made his upbringing all the more interesting. Scott Lang is a character were care about as he is a man who is looking to better himself and win back his daughter. Paul Rudd did end up being a good choice for Lang because he can be serious when need be and funny during the light hearted moments because Ant-Man would be fairly ridiculous if it was taken too seriously. Ant-Man’s powers really intrigued me and the visual effects really did his powers justice.

The rest of the cast is great behind Rudd. This may be the best ensemble cast I’ve seen so far this year. I am really excited to have Michael Douglas in the Marvel Universe. He is an extremely talented actor who will hopefully appear as Hank Pym in some later film considering his back story. Evangeline Lilly plays Pym’s daughter Hope and she is very likeable as a strong independent woman who looks to show Scott Lang the ropes. Then you have Lang’s friends who are also crooks headlined by Michael Pena who is really funny in this movie and he really fits into the mix well.

Corey Stoll is the villain in this film and I think that he does a fairly good job. His motivations are fairly developed but I would’ve appreciated just a little more screen time for him.

Ant-Man is another welcome addition to the Marvel Franchise and offers some great visuals, great characters, a good story and some overall fun. Marvel wins again.
tehaceNov 16, 2015
I think that many of the negative reviews acts as if somebody would go to McDonald expecting a Chinese cuisine, seriously its a marvel movie you cant expect it to do the same thing as I dont know A Pigeon Sat on a Branch Reflecting onI think that many of the negative reviews acts as if somebody would go to McDonald expecting a Chinese cuisine, seriously its a marvel movie you cant expect it to do the same thing as I dont know A Pigeon Sat on a Branch Reflecting on Existence does. In my opinion this movie does what its supposed to be doing and it did a really decent job at doing it. Expand
MooMichelleNov 16, 2015
This Was A Very Good Movie! Paul Rudd Was A Great Choice For Scott Lang! I Hope For A Ant-Man Two Or Something Like That! Its Worth Watching! If You Don't Like It Within The First 25 Minutes Then You Probably Won't Like The Rest.
ProGamer7Nov 16, 2015
A pretty dang good Marvel movie. It's very well executed and has a wonderful cast and CGI. It's deserves what it deserves and what it deserves is an 8/10.
homer4presidentNov 15, 2015
When I first heard about the Ant-Man premise, I was skeptical. But this movie was loads of fun and not as self-serious as some of its genre peers.....
zouz123Nov 11, 2015
I actually enjoyed the movie, it is well shot and unexpectedly funny. If you're looking for something fun and fast-paced to watch, then you won't be disappointed.
emirbudNov 8, 2015
The only reason why I give this movie score one and not zero i because of the line from the movie when Paul Rudd says to Michael Douglas "Who are you, who is she, what the hell is going on, and can I go back to jail now?" Otherwise, it's aThe only reason why I give this movie score one and not zero i because of the line from the movie when Paul Rudd says to Michael Douglas "Who are you, who is she, what the hell is going on, and can I go back to jail now?" Otherwise, it's a terrible superhero movie. Let me just make it clear here that I do not use the same criteria for all movie genres. Superhero movies get lower criteria in terms of acting, story credibility, character development. There are always dumb aspects of story in such movies, however they make up for such deficiencies in spectacular scenes and entertainment. For many of us, the main value is just bringing our favorite comic book characters to life. Many people are wrong to overcriticize superhero movies. They are not supposed to give us deep, believable stories, with elaborate character development. They are made to entertain and to amaze our visual and audio senses, not to produce strong emotions, or to stimulate deep thought. That being said, the story, the script should make some sense, and they should be somewhat consistent, with witty and funny dialogue. This one fails at that . First, they try to give it some scientific credibility, and they they totally disregard their own initial setting of the scientific premises. At first, upon shrinking the Antman does have the same mass and produces somewhat appropriate physical effects as he engages the world, and then they totally forget about it, and they let Michael Douglas carry a shrunk tank in his pocket. They should have made up their minds right at the beginning to either disregard the science or to stick to it. They cannot have both in the same movie. This is just one example of the issue, and the whole thing just doesn't work. Now, all of this should not be a big problem. You just forget about this movie and the time you just wasted, but this thing is going to spread to the Avengers series (it already did with it's references and appearance of Falcon and the Avengers base), and that worries me. This is going to contaminate the Avengers series, which so far was quite good, again given the genre. Expand
Rebecca31Nov 8, 2015
After Avengers 2 I have decided not to watch another Marvel movie with high expectations, that's exactly what happened with this and I can safely say that this is one of the best marvel movies I've seen in a while, sometimes the stand aloneAfter Avengers 2 I have decided not to watch another Marvel movie with high expectations, that's exactly what happened with this and I can safely say that this is one of the best marvel movies I've seen in a while, sometimes the stand alone films really are better. Surprisingly charming and very enjoyable, Paul Rudd fits the role of Ant-Man and alongside Michael Douglas and Corey Stoll the result is pure entertainment. Highly recommended and in case 2 hours wasn't enough there's two post credit sequences cause that's a thing now apparently. Expand
marc5477Nov 6, 2015
Insanely overrated. Once it hits video, the ratings will plummet unless Disney pays for reviews.

Movie is insanely boring. More boring than the last 2 Avengers. Its not horrible, not but nothing was great about any of it. Special effects are nothing special by todays standard, the story was very bad and the antagonists were completely unbelievable and not in a funny way. Since the bad guys were so stupid, it destroyed the plot and frankly, I was hoping Ant Man would die in the end. The romance angle was equally unbelievable and both actors were simply not enjoyable to watch. The entire move was a cliche and a bad one, the cliche being that comic books have no depth and are cheesy thus its funny when you a make a movie that way... it isnt. And not all comics are written by idiots like the Avengers, Iron Man and now Ant Man. Since I basically fell asleep during this film, I am going to rate it slightly below average (average on Metacritic is a 5).
TrackerDeviceNov 2, 2015
Despite it's bland villain, Ant-Man is an exciting movie to watch. With Paul Rudd leading the way, and it's great supporting cast. Ant-Man provides plenty of humor and great action sequences to trill audiences around the world.
mazewaxieOct 29, 2015
One of the best Marvel Cinematic Universe movies. It's really fun to watch, the story is pretty good and I loved how they made the fights when Scott was tiny.
StatlerWaldorfOct 27, 2015
I heard rumblings that this was supposed to be funnier, quirkier, et ceterier than other super hero movies in its family. It semi-delivered on this expectation, enough that it felt kind of fresh and made me wish other standalone hero moviesI heard rumblings that this was supposed to be funnier, quirkier, et ceterier than other super hero movies in its family. It semi-delivered on this expectation, enough that it felt kind of fresh and made me wish other standalone hero movies were equally entertaining (that is, about 23% more entertaining). The pacing is good in the first half and rushed in the second, which may be a consequence of the rewrites, who knows. Plenty goes unexplained but the pieces fit together nicely enough, a snug click but not an exciting clack. Michael Douglas beats the toy train for Official Highlight of the Film. Hank Pym has been conspicuously absence from the new Marvel movieland and I’d rather watch him ferreting around in a lab coat and telling people they’re full of **** for two hours than see another scientist fight his own ego while wearing a Mega Man suit. Watch Ant Man, it’s fun. Expand
manwe7Oct 22, 2015
Great movie. Loved every minute of it. Very original. Evangeline Lilly is one of my favorites. Paul Rudd and Michael were great in it too. Cory Stall was also good. Great story and set up in MCU. Wait for the end credits.
SirDimitris27Oct 21, 2015
This movie is quick paced, clever plot, sets up the whole marvel universe for the next movies, picks up the Ant-Man persona from the Scott Lang legacy who is actually the one who is playing Ant-Man in the comics, Hank Pym is now Yellowjacket.This movie is quick paced, clever plot, sets up the whole marvel universe for the next movies, picks up the Ant-Man persona from the Scott Lang legacy who is actually the one who is playing Ant-Man in the comics, Hank Pym is now Yellowjacket. It has almost zero relativity with the comics but Hey the Marvel Universe is different. The action scenes are really clever. The movie makes you laugh with ease at times and in general it is the big surprise of Marvel studios. I really loved it. Expand
jhonaddisonOct 14, 2015
Goosebumps new action,adventure and Fantasy movie.You can watch the new movie Goosebumps online free and download easily in HD Stream without buffering on
BeingNickDohOct 7, 2015
I rate based on comparisons, not some fantasy objective value system.

I rate based on comparisons, not some fantasy objective value system.

Comparing this superhero movie with the rest it is great. The cliche 'tragic superhero theme' is there but with a fairly fun twist; our hero isn't depicted as potentially amazing right away but as someone as 'less than desirable' by society. No other Marvel Heroes are like this; the rest are generally seen as having some amazing potential right away or just simple existence (like Spider Man and Captain America).

The final boss scene is crazy humorous!
The ant CGI is powerful!

HazzaGallaOct 5, 2015
Although at times the movie drags, once the movie picks up, Ant-Man will have you laughing with its subtle humour, impressed with its terrific action and totally invested with its impressive heist-like storyline.
fusion_13Oct 3, 2015
Ant-Man was a really fun movie, probably one of the most fun Marvel movies to date similar to GotG, having said that, it ain't no Guardians. It is just simply a meh movie, Marvel's formula is becoming stale now, one liners left right andAnt-Man was a really fun movie, probably one of the most fun Marvel movies to date similar to GotG, having said that, it ain't no Guardians. It is just simply a meh movie, Marvel's formula is becoming stale now, one liners left right and center, just too many jokes. I loved the heist aspect of the movie, as it kept the movie fresh and not just a typical action movie. Douglas was great as Pym and Rudd was fantastic as Ant-Man. The easter eggs were great and the fight with Falcon was good too, Marvel have done a great job at building this universe.

Ant man's villain.....Ugh, Marvel can barely get a villain right other than Loki, hopefully Thanos doesn't continue this trend. Overall it was an enjoyable movie to watch, it just didn't wow me like other comic book movies have.
SuperJG123Oct 3, 2015
This movie is so scientific and extremely epic. Marvel is the best movie. That marvel movie is brilliant. It transcends my acting. I love acting. I wish I'm famous as you guys. I can watch it overtime because it's full of mind blowing specialThis movie is so scientific and extremely epic. Marvel is the best movie. That marvel movie is brilliant. It transcends my acting. I love acting. I wish I'm famous as you guys. I can watch it overtime because it's full of mind blowing special effects. I love Ant Man. Expand
SzenOct 3, 2015
It is funnier than it should be, even for a Marvel movie and the characters aren't anything special. In the end, "Ant-Man" is a nearly two hours movie but the exciting stuff is taking place in the second half of it.
SquintyReviewsSep 18, 2015
This film had great special effects and action scenes, but the story was lack luster with some eye rolling moments that at times make you fling your hands into the air and groan.
sexyanneSep 16, 2015
Ant-man should have joined the Avengers. I had fun watching this movie, because of the fact that you can see a very powerful superhero that is as tiny as an ant. Its so cool.

Watch here

Watch here http://www.watchfree.to/watch-80668-Ant-Man-movie-online-free-putlocker.html
DanBurritoSep 12, 2015
This and Guardians of the galaxy are my favourite marvel movies. It just shows how an obscure character can be made into a great movie. Because of the whole shrinking element, there are very few cars getting tossed across the street (anThis and Guardians of the galaxy are my favourite marvel movies. It just shows how an obscure character can be made into a great movie. Because of the whole shrinking element, there are very few cars getting tossed across the street (an annoying cliché in these movies). Paul Rudd is great as Scott Lang aka Ant-Man, the main character who you can sympathise with easily. I also like the character of Luis and the way he kept straying off topic when talking about something important. Very good movie, highly recommended. Expand
CameraBounceGodSep 11, 2015
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. ODDLY enough..I feel as though Bolg ramming Tauriel in the ass would make this movie better while it only made the 3rd Hobbit worse....i missed a good portion of this movie.....but the whole animated sequence with Paul Rudd Leading the ants.....was very hard to watch when I was expecting paul rudd to save the movie like he saved Wanderlust......i also stopped after that believe it Expand
KNRamagwedeSep 11, 2015
This movie was great, I had more fun watching this movie than the Avengers age of ultron. The Joke here were hilarious and on point. Paul Rudd performance was so amazing and the chemistry connection with him and Michael Douglas was great.
My
My only flaw with this movie was that the villain was not really given a good build up
Redwarrior1upSep 11, 2015
A great addition into the MCU, the humor was on point, the acting was great especially from Michael Douglas, and the story better than a lot of the origin stories I've seen.
TheDude-Sep 10, 2015
Ant man is a great addition to the marvel cinematic universe delivering on an interesting plot with characters that are likeable and have some great back and forth banter, the action in the film is also extremely unique seeing it is shownAnt man is a great addition to the marvel cinematic universe delivering on an interesting plot with characters that are likeable and have some great back and forth banter, the action in the film is also extremely unique seeing it is shown from the perspective of ant sized man offering fresh and new action in turn despite having a poorly written villain and some clichéd moments. Expand
nikmahmahSep 9, 2015
very good this movie. your watch or download free movies, and easily click the link below.
this link ht*tp:/*/hitzz*movi.blo*gspot.c*om/