Antwone Fisher

Apr 22, 2008
    This movie was amazing.
  2. PatC.
    Sep 21, 2005
    Slightly claustrophobic, but otherwise a real gem. It is always a pleasure to watch a briskly-presented and intelligent film.
  3. LiviK.
    Oct 12, 2005
    I great movie, about finding yourself though others. And changing your view on life.
  4. CarlW.
    Sep 11, 2004
    Unfortunately emotional films are branded as claptrap today. If you enjoy honest emotion and have tired of coming away form a movie feeling like you need an immediate shower you should enjoy this.
  5. SteveD.
    Apr 17, 2003
    I love true stories and this one really touched my heart and also broke it.i weeped buckets and buckets because i hurt for antwone.but by the end i was sobbing a river of happy tears. i love when a movie does this to me. i am a crier and not ashamed of it this movie is great.
    Dec 18, 2002
    Totally inspiring. An amazingly joyful and life-affirming experience. The perfect way to spend the holidays at the movies.
  7. DanaS.
    Dec 18, 2002
    Heartwarming directoral debut by Denzel Washington!!
  8. JoanneG.
    Jan 14, 2003
    I just saw AF and it was outstanding. At the conclusion, there wasn't a dry eye in the packed theater. Denzel and Derek Luke were absolutely brilliant. I also read the Metacritic reviews by Dang and Ang. They appear to be written by the same warped racist mind and should be ignored. Was Antwone Fisher light skinned? Of course not. Some people will stoop to anything? Dang, Ang or I just saw AF and it was outstanding. At the conclusion, there wasn't a dry eye in the packed theater. Denzel and Derek Luke were absolutely brilliant. I also read the Metacritic reviews by Dang and Ang. They appear to be written by the same warped racist mind and should be ignored. Was Antwone Fisher light skinned? Of course not. Some people will stoop to anything? Dang, Ang or whatever your name is, just accept the fact that AF is a wonderful movie that inspires human emotions and kindles our spirits. This is a must see movie everyone will enjoy regardless of race, creed or religion. It truly deserves the perfect score of 10 it was given by everyone else. Expand
  9. TiffanyC.
    Apr 29, 2003
    I really enjoyed this movie it was sad, yet it ended with a wonderful ending. There were parts I thought could have been different but overall it was great.
  10. JohnW.
    May 25, 2003
    The USA deserves more fine movies like this.
  11. MichaelM.
    Jan 2, 2003
    As "generation X" is the common term used to describe the youth of today, here is one storyline that acknowledges and honors those who have overcome personal struggles.
  12. Jackie
    Dec 19, 2002
    Very moving film! Denzel and Derek play their roles amazingly.
  13. FantasyL.
    Jan 2, 2003
    One of the most deeply touching movies I have ever seen. If AF does not move you to tears, then you do not have a heart. Denzel Washington demonstrates that his talents extend beyond the camera as well. This is a must see.
  14. CarolynD.
    Dec 19, 2002
    An amazing film - everyone should see this!!
  15. RosalieE.
    Dec 18, 2002
    An amazing movie, both moving and compelling- kudos to Denzel for his brilliant direction and to newcomer Derek Luke who is incredibly talented.
  16. Eugene
    May 7, 2003
    Excellent movie although slow paced at times. Good acting and character profiles. DW is on his way to true greatness...
  17. CharlesH.
    Mar 7, 2003
    I guess I'm not an intelligent viewer like Ang but I LOVED this movie. It was well acted, well crafted, and it moved me deeply. I really cared about the characters. I didn't find it slowly paced at all. I never lost interest in what was happening. A tip of the hat to Denzel Washington for a wonderful directorial debut.
  18. BashanN.
    Mar 6, 2003
    Superb movie! From the start, the quality of photography and artistry of direction indicated that something special lay ahead. It is a movie that will uplift the humble and offend the arrogant. The movie provides a growth opportunity for those that are receptive. I am happy to have seen this movie and will watch it again.
  19. JillG.
    Dec 19, 2002
    It is the most touching, inspiring and uplifting movie I've seen all year.
  20. LarryJ.
    Great flick.
  21. JulieJ.
    Dec 20, 2002
    This movie touched me so deeply and will stay with me a long time. I wish I could give the real Antwone a hug!
  22. TomJ.
    Dec 18, 2002
    I saw this earlier in the week and it is the best film I have seen in years. Denzel directs as well as he acts, which is flawlessly. The film is humanistic in the most perfect ways. You laugh and cry with Antwone thoughout this incredible journey. They should halt the oscar race now and give Denzel the statues for best picture and best director.
  23. SheilaD.
    Dec 20, 2002
    Wonderful heartwarming story that everyone should see.
  24. DaveP.
    Jun 11, 2003
    Great movie, kept my interest throughout. I know these true stories have plenty of embeleshment but you have to keep the story flowing, and this one did. I would suggest you see it.
  25. CarmenA.
    Sep 24, 2003
    This was one of the best movies I have seen in a long time. I felt like I was there with the characters portrayed in the script. Thank goodness for Denzel's insight into this real life story. I'm waiting to see the next one.
  26. AaronH.
    Jan 1, 2003
    One of the best movies i have ever seen. It definitely touched me more then any movie ever has before and anyone that doesn't feel this is a terrific movie and story is heartless.
  27. IggyZ.
    Jan 2, 2003
    Dang, you are entitled to your opinion. Apparently there is no blood flowing through your veins as your heart must have stopped beating long ago. If calling us saps for the uplifting emotional experience we enjoyed from this movie makes you feel better so be it. I feel sorry for you. This is one absolutely fantastic flick that no one should miss.
  28. LassiterP.
    Jan 2, 2003
    Wow! If this movie does not move you, you are either dead or do not have a heart. The entire cast is superb. Denzel is as good behind the camera as director as he is in front of the camera as an actor. This is a must see movie.
  29. PamelaC.
    Dec 19, 2002
    An amazing story of character and strength.
  30. ForesterT.
    Jan 4, 2003
    Dang, are you under the influence or something? AF is the BEST movie released during this holiday season. It is a very emotional true story of a man who pulled himself from hell to become the good person he is today. Saps? Dang, someone needs to slap you around a bit to get your heart beating. By the way, you have a long way to go to write as eloquently as AF can.

1. Washington brings it off with an unforced and well-earned emotional wallop, and whose strong hand, keen eye, sweet spirit and good taste are reflected in almost every scene.
  2. Has warmth and integrity, but it lacks the urgency of a story that had to be told.
  3. Reviewed by: Steve Simels
    But there's a vaguely self-congratulatory tone to the screenplay that's a bit off-putting.