Abramorama | Release Date: April 10, 2009
8.3
Universal acclaim based on 51 Ratings
Watch Now
ERG1008Aug 19, 2010
Documentary about long forgotten Canadian Rock Monsters Anvil. Took me a while to realise that this is real & not some Spinal Tap rip off & it is done very well. Don't really remember too much about them but lots of good words from Slash,Documentary about long forgotten Canadian Rock Monsters Anvil. Took me a while to realise that this is real & not some Spinal Tap rip off & it is done very well. Don't really remember too much about them but lots of good words from Slash, Lars Ulrich, Scott Ian, etc.
I was sort of split between feeling sorry for them & wanting them to move on with their lives but nevertheless you still do warm to Steve "Lips" Kudrow & Robb Reiner.
charlotteydwiFeb 12, 2013
This documentary was truly moving, it gave a perfect example of what bands really go through to "get to the top". You are rooting for them throughout!
MaciejMojoMay 2, 2009
I thought it was a fantastically made film. Entertaining yet it actually tugged at your heart strings in a very genuine and non-too sappy way. You really do root for these guys because they may be the most real individuals that have ever I thought it was a fantastically made film. Entertaining yet it actually tugged at your heart strings in a very genuine and non-too sappy way. You really do root for these guys because they may be the most real individuals that have ever been captured on film. Expand
NickEJul 3, 2009
This was genuinely one of the best films I've seen. The guys from Anvil have the most heart and drive of anyone I've ever seen, and it's astounding. Struggle, hardship, but also perseverance and friendship, this movie is a This was genuinely one of the best films I've seen. The guys from Anvil have the most heart and drive of anyone I've ever seen, and it's astounding. Struggle, hardship, but also perseverance and friendship, this movie is a real treat. Rock on Anvil! Expand
TeresaL.Oct 5, 2009
This movie is so moving...a true testament to the human spirit. I am so thrilled that Anvil is getting the recognition that they definitely deserve. Fantastic movie. Just purchased my signed copy of the dvd. Long Live Anvil!!!!!
1 of 1 users found this helpful
LyleS.Oct 6, 2009
This is the best rock movie of all time - it is the essence of love for rock.
1 of 1 users found this helpful
SteveHMay 2, 2009
This documentary will keep interested throughout the movie. It's all about friendship and the dream
RaymondW.Oct 14, 2009
From the first moment when you heard one of Anvil's songs, it was very clear why they weren't famous
0 of 1 users found this helpful
KellyPMay 15, 2009
We're still talking about Anvil a month later! It's the best kind of movie - the kind that stays with you. You don't have to be a headbanger to thoroughly enjoy it.
AdamVMay 31, 2009
One of the best movies I have ever seen -- documentary, feature, short subject. Funny, sad, poignant, moving, and real. A great achievement.
NachoCMay 3, 2009
A true gem of a film. Its really a test of the human spirit, even though these guys had hit rock bottom and there was no rope to climb to get back up, they perused their dreams. Brought me and my mother to tears, honestly a masterpiece. I A true gem of a film. Its really a test of the human spirit, even though these guys had hit rock bottom and there was no rope to climb to get back up, they perused their dreams. Brought me and my mother to tears, honestly a masterpiece. I recommend it to anyone who has a "unreachable" dream. Expand
GabbyG.Oct 13, 2009
This film showed how much bands have to go through. it alson showed the dark side of the business. not all bands get a fairy tale ending.
JoshBApr 22, 2009
Easily one of the best documentaries I've ever seen. It's one of those docs where you have trouble believing that the people and events are real.
SteveBMay 14, 2009
It is clearly a labor of love for those who made the film, and if you're familiar with the band you'll like it also. But for the average person, it's only marginally interesting. The band certainly has a lot of heart and persistence.
BenMAug 16, 2009
This gets a full 10 points - you can't lose with this film, it will stick with you. And I've got to say the music was pretty damn good too.