Armageddon

5.9

1. Andrew
    Jul 30, 2005
    The single worst movie in existence. Glossy special effect driven rubbish with idiotic dialogue, a horrible script, and the most irritating display of American patriotism ever put to film. It's like watching a big, fat commercial- all style, no substance. Far too many one-liners, none of which are humorous, and characters that are as broadly conceived as possible. Every moment of the The single worst movie in existence. Glossy special effect driven rubbish with idiotic dialogue, a horrible script, and the most irritating display of American patriotism ever put to film. It's like watching a big, fat commercial- all style, no substance. Far too many one-liners, none of which are humorous, and characters that are as broadly conceived as possible. Every moment of the movie seems so manufactured, and most of it defies logic. A total insult to any remotely intelligent person! Expand
  2. Nov 7, 2012
    I hate this movie. I hate this movie. I hate this movie. I hate this movie. I hate this movie. I hate this movie. I hate this movie. I hate this movie. I hate this movie. I hate this movie. I hate this movie. I hate this movie. I hate this movie. I hate this movie. Wait- what do I think about this movie? Oh yeah. I hate this movie.
  3. Stu
    May 11, 2008
    Easily one of the worst big budget movies I have ever seen. Note, I'm comparing movies with similar budgets and I've seen em. This film has nothing. And I mean nothing. Explosions are like farts in the wind, nobody really cares. CG special effects do not effect me unless they are some what imaginative (such as: LOTR, FF-spirits within). I would actually go so far as to say that Easily one of the worst big budget movies I have ever seen. Note, I'm comparing movies with similar budgets and I've seen em. This film has nothing. And I mean nothing. Explosions are like farts in the wind, nobody really cares. CG special effects do not effect me unless they are some what imaginative (such as: LOTR, FF-spirits within). I would actually go so far as to say that the 1 point it may have gained for actually making it to the big screen (this is the, you've got a point for writing your name on the test, kinda point) was negated by the worst script and ideas I've seen in a movie since... since... Well, even plan 9 seemed to have a better script. Point is, this film was EXACTLY like Micheal Bay filming himself taking a shit on the camera and telling us to eat it. Because for some odd reason, you lot did. Expand
  4. JoshM.
    Nov 29, 2008
    My gosh I hated this movie. #3 on my worst movies of all time list. The plot is the stupidest and is so predictable. But what I hated most was the constant barrage of obstacles the characters take. You might be saying "Oh but you need conflict for a good plot" But there are literally no seconds where a problem occurs in this movie! Oh no! The Russian dude is mad at us! 3 seconds later, oh My gosh I hated this movie. #3 on my worst movies of all time list. The plot is the stupidest and is so predictable. But what I hated most was the constant barrage of obstacles the characters take. You might be saying "Oh but you need conflict for a good plot" But there are literally no seconds where a problem occurs in this movie! Oh no! The Russian dude is mad at us! 3 seconds later, oh no! the handle on something I have no idea about broke! oh no! we have to save Ben Affleck! Oh no! the nuke is on! oh no! the military is evil! Expand
  5. NigeM.
    Aug 12, 2008
    Almost makes you wish a meteor would hit the earth. If this is what the public wants, they deserve to die.
  6. May 9, 2011
    Someone fire a gun into my eyes. You know, Eli Roth should make movie where someone sees this pile of **** and has to have an grisly process of unseeing it. I'd rather be that character than slowly kill my eyes, ears, and brain by rewatching this.
  7. Oct 22, 2011
    This was a pretty bad movie. Pretty funny jokes and cool action sequences but not good storyline. It's a classic Michael Bay movie with a terrible storyline but with cool action sequences and special effects. If you like that kind of stuff I highly recommend it for you. It wasn't a horrible movie but it for sure wasn't the best movie I've seen by far(as you can see from the score i gaveThis was a pretty bad movie. Pretty funny jokes and cool action sequences but not good storyline. It's a classic Michael Bay movie with a terrible storyline but with cool action sequences and special effects. If you like that kind of stuff I highly recommend it for you. It wasn't a horrible movie but it for sure wasn't the best movie I've seen by far(as you can see from the score i gave it). But it did have really cool action sequences and special effects, don't get me wrong but the storyline didn't make much sense at all and the physics were terribly off. It did have a really awesome cast though. Including Ben Affleck(barely acting like usual, not my fav), Bruce Willis who did pretty well in this movie, Owen Wilson(cracking me up as usual), and many more. That's one more good thing about this movie and here's another bad thing, some of the acting sucked. Like Ben Affleck was terrible, Billy Bob Thorten was not good and I usually like him a lot in movies. So not the best acting. But good cast as I said before. It's a typical end of the world disaster flick with a lot of special effects and distruction, they have shallow story lines too like this one. Don't get me wrong it was a good movie but I like storyline in my movies. So Michael Bay is not my favorite director, actually he is my least favorite. :) Expand
  8. Oct 3, 2011
    I always saw this film as a real Pearl Harbor, and even with the participation of as Ben Affleck in Pearl Harbor. Love stories the same, terminology dramatic equal. Pure Pearl Harbor, the big difference is that this is not based on fact.
  9. Jan 8, 2013
    All I have to say is that when I was watching this... My mom started crying and it was the funniest thing I have ever seen in my life! Michael Bay, you suck.
  10. HidekiY.
    Mar 4, 2005
    It would have been funner if i ate a bowl of caltrops rather than sit through this god-awful boorish meaningless inane piece of junk. that being said, i advise you to see this movie to set the scale for all future sci-fi action filcks.
  11. Jeremy
    Sep 29, 2003
    Ok, so I guess it delivered the action sequences that the far superior "Deep Impact" didn't. But when cringing between predictability, one-dimentional, corny characters, hyper-kinetic editing, and some truly painful dialogue, I guess I didn't notice.
  12. PatC.
    Dec 19, 2003
    Dear God, please don't make me watch it again.
  13. JemS
    Aug 12, 2008
    Without doubt, honestly, without doubt, the worst film I have ever, ever seen. Mind-boggling, almost offensive, in its badness. My god. By the end, you'll be cheering for the asrteroid to give the culture that produced this film the fate it deserves.
  14. Jul 5, 2013
    The score was given for the drama. This film makes no sense and by that I mean not only plotwise, but physics seem to have been thrown outta the window too. Wrong advertising. Now if had been pushed as a comedy the score would have been much higher....

1. Director Michael Bay's filmmaking style is so frantic and frenetic that it's often impossible to figure out exactly what is happening.
    The movie is ridiculous, but since the special effects are really quite impressive, that seems a small point.
  3. The actors mark time, and the gung-ho heroics on display are embarrassingly hollow.