4.5

1. ZarghevI
    May 3, 2009
    I found that it's a pleasant science-fiction movie. Probably, it's cultural. I watched "Southland Tales" and "Babylon A.D." back to back - I fail to understand how "Southland Tales" could even remotely have better ratings, but for some reason it has. Every flaw you can find in Babylon, is about ten times worse in "Southland Tales". I found that interesting.
  2. Jake
    Oct 19, 2008
    All I can say to all the negative reviews of this movie is this: There are most certainly worse movies in all aspects. While some events in the film were a bit confusing, the plot did make you think, and also left you to draw some conclusions for yourself rather than spelling everything out for you, which I find very refreshing. Additionally, I found the action to be, at worst, different, All I can say to all the negative reviews of this movie is this: There are most certainly worse movies in all aspects. While some events in the film were a bit confusing, the plot did make you think, and also left you to draw some conclusions for yourself rather than spelling everything out for you, which I find very refreshing. Additionally, I found the action to be, at worst, different, and at best, pretty cool. Expand
  3. Jan 4, 2013
    I'm giving this a 10 just to try balance out all the ridiculous low scores it's getting. This movie is great, it's atmospheric, the action is brilliant, sci-fi fans will LOVE this. The acting isn't the best BUT it DEFINITELY isn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be. Watch the movie and decide for yourself. I guarantee you'll enjoy it
  4. zacks
    Jan 7, 2009
    I highly enjoyed this movie after watching it last night i really cant get it out of my mind i want to go watch it again. Only grip i have is the ending could of been a little better but this is one of the better movies to come out recently.
  5. BorgeT.
    Sep 15, 2008
    Babylon A.D. is probably the only legitimate science fiction fare since Aronofsky's 'The Fountain'. As an adaptation of Maurice Dantec's 'Babylon Bablies' it's probably in the mode of epic Langian fare, which offsets the literary ejaculativeness of Dantec. These sets are the best encapsulation of debatables regarding the use of videogame stages in film Babylon A.D. is probably the only legitimate science fiction fare since Aronofsky's 'The Fountain'. As an adaptation of Maurice Dantec's 'Babylon Bablies' it's probably in the mode of epic Langian fare, which offsets the literary ejaculativeness of Dantec. These sets are the best encapsulation of debatables regarding the use of videogame stages in film design. Dantec's a powerful prose presence in world science fiction, and the fantasy aspects of the film's sets emphasizes a post-cyberpunk Lecarre quality. Obviously, the writer's talents are unheralded, while the purity of science fiction as a future discourse is ignored. Science fiction in cinema represents cinema's purity. The story is more comparable to an espionage genre than classic films(bladerunner, minority report, matrix). Expand
  6. IgnacioT.
    Oct 5, 2008
    Its an intristing movie, but they cut a lot of scenes so thats because people doesnt like it
  7. Aug 25, 2014
    If you like action and Vin Diesel, then this is a movie for you. There are some impressive stunts (though nothing very original), explosions, guns, and fast fights.

While there's a lot to see, the plot, while existing, is a little shady. Perhaps for those who have read the book this movie is based on understand it a bit better, I don't know. Either way, while I liked this one, and

Either way, while I liked this one, and found it entertaining and no doubt worth another watch too, it is still lacking something. The plot isn't solid enough, not sharp enough. The changes of personality, especially Thoorop's, come a little fast, slightly unexplained although you can see where they are coming from.

A cool movie, nonetheless, with some cruelty and questioning of morals.

1. Reviewed by: Jordan Mintzer
    A noisier, costlier version of "Children of Men," yet lacking that film's social-political significance and jaw-dropping direction.
  2. Reviewed by: James Dyer
    Brawny but brainless techno-twaddle.
  3. The plot makes absolutely no sense.