8.2

1. Jul 18, 2013
    While it is not as good as the previous two films, this film is still a good hit that takes us to a completely different period in time. The cast is again perfect- the music is good, the story is lacking a bit. But the film is entertaining in every way, which is why it scores so high in my book.
  2. Sep 19, 2013
    Only hitting mediocrity, Back to the Future Part III is when the series starts getting desperate. But, at least they got this far before starting the descent to empty sequels, so that's actually a plus!
  3. Dec 13, 2013
    An excellent conclusion to the movie trilogy. It packs the same humor and charm that made the previous movies so loved. The western setting gives the movie a unique fell that sets it apart from the previous two movies. As always there are references to the previous two films and it even answers some left over question from Back to the Future Part II, like about Marty's accident. As alwaysAn excellent conclusion to the movie trilogy. It packs the same humor and charm that made the previous movies so loved. The western setting gives the movie a unique fell that sets it apart from the previous two movies. As always there are references to the previous two films and it even answers some left over question from Back to the Future Part II, like about Marty's accident. As always everyone gives a fantastic performance as their respective characters. In conclusion this is an excellent movie and I loved every second of it. It might even be my favorite of the trilogy. Expand
  4. May 17, 2015
    Though it - clearly - remains the most out-of-place installment in the classic franchise it inhabits, "Back To The Future Part III" still serves as a fitting sendoff to some of film's most beloved characters.
  5. May 26, 2013
    This was the final chapter of the series and while when I first watched it I didn't remember liking it, I thoroughly enjoyed it second time 'round! It probably isn't as good as the first two films but its still good and a great way to finish off the series. Great to have both Fox & Lloyd back also as the film wouldn't be much without them. The final scenes are really great, in particularThis was the final chapter of the series and while when I first watched it I didn't remember liking it, I thoroughly enjoyed it second time 'round! It probably isn't as good as the first two films but its still good and a great way to finish off the series. Great to have both Fox & Lloyd back also as the film wouldn't be much without them. The final scenes are really great, in particular that final scene with the train, but as a whole it's a great film and one I would easily recommend Expand
  6. Nov 29, 2013
    This movie still has its humor as the past two films, but it doesn't have that special thing that made the first two good. I can sit through this film many times, but it doesn't bring out the good thing like the past two. Now, the acting is good, except for a couple of characters that did not make a good impression on this movie.
  7. Mar 14, 2014
    back to the future part 3 is not violent enough if you wanna do a good movie add violence do not make it western make it as the future like part 2 . expect it is dumb ending the train fly into the sky . shouldnt there be a back to the future 4 instead of back to the future trilogy .
  8. Apr 18, 2014
    "The Different One" is how to define Back to the Future III, I guess.

If the first one was flawless and the second one was almost as good but with a few minor issues, this one just can't be compared the same way. Its setting in the Old West for most of the movie, its story, which is simpler and focuses a lot less on Marty McFly and much more on Emmett Brown, its climactic action
    "The Different One" is how to define Back to the Future III, I guess.

Its setting in the Old West for most of the movie, its story, which is simpler and focuses a lot less on Marty McFly and much more on Emmett Brown, its climactic action scene, its general storytelling, it's all quite different and sets it apart from the rest.

Is it good? Yes, no doubt about it. But the complex plots of the two last ones aren't as complex. It boils down to Emmet Brown having to go to the future or not, with or without his love interest, and Marty dealing with his own pride issues and face Buford Tannen or not. Not a bad plot, but not as interesting or complex.

The talents of Marty and Doc are interchanged when Marty becomes the voice of reason and Doc becomes the "born again teenager" when he falls in love. A twist with potential, but not very fulfilling, although it does lead to several very fun comedic scenes, and some more sad ones. Character-wise, apart from Clara, whom I thought to be sort of underplayed and not a strongly established character(she goes from almost dying due to a carriage accident, to chasing at high speed after a train about to self-destruct, on shoes with heels, with little to no real explanation as to how the same woman can be in both situations!), I was happy with everyone, minor or major character, Strickland, the bartender Chester, most other people all felt good to me.

As for general directing/screenplay, well, if the second one was a downgrade from the first one, I'd say this one is on par with the second one...but with a less complex plot that leaves a lot of room for more, this movie comes off as less good.

Ultimately BttF was flawless and did everything right. BttF II had a few flaws and reused the formula less well, and BttF III does something different, does it quite well, but does have more flaws than BttF II in my eyes, the plot is less good, the characters are better but that doesn't make up for it, the plot inconsistencies are more numerous, especially the ending which contradicts a lot of what has been asked by Doc Brown in 2 and 3, and so on.

As flawed and different as it is, if you liked the characters from 1 and 2, you'll surely enjoy this one, but I'm not sure that it should be taken as being quite the same as 1 and 2, nor being as good. It's still a solid 8/10 movie with high quality acting, good comedy and action all around.
  9. Oct 18, 2014
    Marty McFly travels to 1885 to save his good friend, Doc Brown before he gets killed, they plan out a way to go back to the future before time runs out.
  10. Mar 15, 2015
    While the first two were better, Back to the Future Part Three is a fitting end to the series, the cast is as good as ever, the music is awesome, and the ending doesn't leave anymore questions
  11. Apr 6, 2015
    back to the future part ||| is not a good film but its not a awful movie. its kind of silly but it's not a bad film it's a really good time killer and that's all I can give it.

1. Reviewed by: Bill Cosford
    Feb 13, 2013
    Back to the Future Part III nicely concludes the threesome (calling this a "trilogy" confers just a bit too much honor on an extended, live-action cartoon). Unlike the second, III is quite satisfying -- often funny, and ultimately thrilling. [25 May 1990, p.G5]
  2. Feb 13, 2013
    It's a little late to be spoofing Westerns, and most of the high-noonery in BTTF III falls flat. [4 June 1990, p.82]
  3. Reviewed by: Jay Boyar
    Feb 13, 2013
    Although I would rate Part III beneath Part I, the final installment does have the blessing of closure: There's something undeniably satisfying about seeing all those loose ends tied up. [25 May 1990, p.7]