Bad Boys II

4.1

1. DanielC.
    Oct 4, 2003
    Well, what can i say? im writing this review not entirely because of the film i watched but more as a counselling session to get a few things off my chest. Firstly, to all those who gave this film a low score, complaining about its loudness, violence, plot and other nonsense, i would like to ask one question. What film did you think you were going to watch? If it were a romantic comedy, Well, what can i say? im writing this review not entirely because of the film i watched but more as a counselling session to get a few things off my chest. Firstly, to all those who gave this film a low score, complaining about its loudness, violence, plot and other nonsense, i would like to ask one question. What film did you think you were going to watch? If it were a romantic comedy, or a family film, then your reviews are justifiable. But this was an action comedy film. Yes read my words ACTION COMEDY, thats A, C, T, I, O, N..... you get the point. So now you need to ask yourself, was there action? Yes, bundles. Was it exciting action? Yes, more than any other action film this year, including The Matrix reloaded, and finally was it funny? Yes, in most parts hilarious. Lawerance and Smith have perfect on screen chemistry, reacting well to one anothers over excitable personalities. The film is indeed loud, but that is because of the numerous explosions and bulletts firing throughout this ACTION film, what did you expect?. Is it violent, yes it is, perhaps going over the top on a few occasions (the running over of dead boddies was excessive and relatively pointless), but in general the violence is so stylish and the cinematography so spot on that its hard to take offence. I know people will now say, 'Oh stylish violence. They are gloryfying it'! and go on to suggest that everyone watching will go out and want to shoot someone, well this is nonsense. People shoot people because they are IDIOTS not because they watched a film. My final gripe is this, Chad s reviews this film and suggests it is racist. This is possibly the most ridiculous comment I have ever read. Firstly, in case you failed to notice, the two leads are black, and they are the coolest, funniest and most stylish characters in the movie. Whilst the majority of the bad guys were white. As for Chad S' comment about the little reaction shown following the chase through the shanty town and suggesting that there would have been a different outcome if the homes belonged to white people, this is unbelievable. Chad S have you never seen an action film before? Bullets fly, bombs go off and cars crash into things. If the film stopped to survey what had happened and do interviews with every victim, most films would never finish and the final killing would be the audience being bored to death. Well there you go, i can relax now, and say role on Bad Boys 3. Whilst all of you who slated this film can sit back, relax and look forward to the next pixar release, which is likely to be an animated family comedy, just in case you think of reviewing it as if it were a horror movie! Expand
  2. Jan 1, 2013
    one of the funniest, most energetic buddy-action films out there, bad boys ii is certainly cliched but, dayum is it satisfying to watch, the action scenes are like controlled chaos, the cast does a solid job, and the plot is actually comprehensible... unlike most action films today... if you still nurture that part of you that likes to see ass-kickings, shootouts, explosions, crashes, hotone of the funniest, most energetic buddy-action films out there, bad boys ii is certainly cliched but, dayum is it satisfying to watch, the action scenes are like controlled chaos, the cast does a solid job, and the plot is actually comprehensible... unlike most action films today... if you still nurture that part of you that likes to see ass-kickings, shootouts, explosions, crashes, hot women, etc. then you will have a hard time finding anything much better than this. Expand
  3. Mar 22, 2011
    Bad Boys, Bad Boys whatcha gonna do, whatcha gonna do when we come for you? Seriously, I don't get all the negativity towards this film. Its just a great action-comedy where Will Smith and Martin Lawrence are again in top form as Mike Lawrie and Marcus Barnett. In terms of entertainment this is non-stop action set at a fantastic pace. The story again focuses upon the Miami drug scene withBad Boys, Bad Boys whatcha gonna do, whatcha gonna do when we come for you? Seriously, I don't get all the negativity towards this film. Its just a great action-comedy where Will Smith and Martin Lawrence are again in top form as Mike Lawrie and Marcus Barnett. In terms of entertainment this is non-stop action set at a fantastic pace. The story again focuses upon the Miami drug scene with a new villain in Johnny Tapia the kingpin, set in motion Mike and Marcus to bring him down but what follows isn't just sheer entertainment its sex, violence and genuine laughter! Smith and Lawrence are awesome together. Bad Boys 2 is an instant classic which exceeds the original. Bring on Bad Boys 3!!! Expand
  4. Jun 14, 2014
    Possibly one of the worst movies ever. But it is funny as hell, and everyone (par any people of nervous dispositions) should watch this. Probably not worth buying, but one of the best, worst films, of all time.
  5. KevinM.
    Jan 29, 2007
    This movie is hard. Will Smith and Martin did there thing in this movie. Martin was funny as always and Will just set it off with his good drivin. Can't believe that was actually him who was dodging those cars.
  6. Dec 30, 2012
    I love Will Smith in all his movies but this was poor at times by Martin Lawrence. Pathetic at times but I have to give it an 8 since its a Will Smith movie. Without him I would give it a 4. There was some comedy in it that was actually funny. I posted the same thing on Bad Boys because I feel as though the movies were practically the same in many ways.
  7. Jan 29, 2015
    It's been almost 12 years since Bad Boys II hit theatres, and blew my mind. I don't even remember the noisy first movie, I just didn't like it that much, even though it has higher ratings. Bad Boys II completely changes the game by throwing in more drugs, sex and stupendously bloody violence, and boy was it entertaining. Michael Bay is one of the most disliked directors, okay, but with BB2It's been almost 12 years since Bad Boys II hit theatres, and blew my mind. I don't even remember the noisy first movie, I just didn't like it that much, even though it has higher ratings. Bad Boys II completely changes the game by throwing in more drugs, sex and stupendously bloody violence, and boy was it entertaining. Michael Bay is one of the most disliked directors, okay, but with BB2 he totally has realized a new genre of action thrillers on their own, for example- the car chases are the most best chases I have ever seen in a movie. He blends Lethal Weapon and Boyz In Da Hood and Pineapple Express together, and experiments with his movie elements. The result is a lush Miami setting, Will Smith and Martin Lawrence at their comedic best, a drug fulled story, car and gun chases, and sgexy women. What more could you want from an action movie. It's not a movie for serious critics or people who don't like action movies. BB2 is a hidden classic action flick, it's well paced, smartly written and brilliantly acted. The appeal is beautiful. And it still technically holds up in 2015. I hope the third one is good! The nose fun you will have watching a movie, period. Expand
  8. Sep 6, 2013
    Despite all the bad reviews coming from the critics, the sequel has more action and humor just like the first one! If you seen the first one, you may love it or hate it.
  9. A.K.
    Oct 16, 2003
    Great fast action movie which easily surpasses the original by far...ENJOY!!
  10. DanH.
    Dec 15, 2003
    This movie gives you a little of everything. If you can get into this movie you are either too old, or too conservative. Movies are here to be entertaining and that is what this movie does for you!!
  11. RockyB.
    Oct 1, 2003
    Great movie, dont know y so many people hated it.
  12. RajS.
    Jul 17, 2003
    I really enjoyed this film. Although it may seem a little long at points, the action and comedy make it all worth while.
  13. BrettS.
    Jul 20, 2003
    Great movie - the critics showed that they're a bit out of touch with reality on this one.
  14. #1STEELERFAN
    Aug 10, 2003
    GREAT ACTION!! FUNNY!! BETTER THAN THE FIRST!!! SEEN IT TWICE!!!
  15. BenM.
    Aug 28, 2003
    Good movie.
  16. JohnD.
    Sep 17, 2003
    For all you idots who gave it 0-5 you obviously a) havn't seen the 1st movie and don't get half the gags and b) don't know a good movie when you see one. Martin Lawrence is hilarious and Will Smith is a great actor. Top job all!
  17. AllisonF.
    Aug 20, 2004
    I love the movie.Martin Lawrence is my favorite actor. I can't wait till his next release!
  18. Xterminator
    Dec 6, 2003
    36 is waay too low, come on it wasnt that bad. The action scenes are gr8, there where some bad jokes, some of them really made me rofl.
  19. CassandraH.
    Jul 17, 2003
    The movie is action-packed and it's funny. I loved it and I will go see it again!
  20. 8Ball
    Jul 18, 2003
    Yo, Martin and Will are my boys, you know what I'm saying? They make jokes I understand. The car chase is dope! I give it a 9 but I'm still 8 Ball.
  21. KobeeH.
    Jul 22, 2003
    Some of you guys and the critics have no idea of what an action movie should be. Bad boys 2 defines the genre. Another thing, the movie is NOT too long, I actually find it amazing how Bay and Bruckheimer kept the action, humor and story in general from getting lame after the 2 hour mark. Will and Martin feed off each other and it shows. The best summer movie hands down. Check it out!!!
  22. JoeB.
    Jul 20, 2003
    The movie had the whole theatre cracking up for the most part. The ending kinda sucked though.
  23. ChristinaC.
    Jul 27, 2003
    I thought this movie was the best. it has alot of action and when someone gets shot they dont block it. they let u see the bulett go in and come out. and plus u got the good lookin will smith.....hell yeah.
    Jul 30, 2003
    This movie is one of my favorite action movies ever. A little gorry at times but the movie is balanced by the hilarious Martin Lawrence. This movie is definitely a must see.
  25. TimA.
    Aug 1, 2003
    This movie was fun to watch. Had great action sequences, Will & Martin r always funny. The film had some voilent scenes though but alltogether fun movie to watch!
  26. TerenceC.
    Mar 13, 2004
    I think it is a good movie. I've seen this movie a couple of times and it is still funny. That is why I like it.
  27. Kewlkat
    Apr 28, 2007
    The year is 2007, and I've yet to find a movie that gets my blood pumping faster than this one. Sure, It could have came up to BREATH for a couple of minutes, but really, when I'm going to the movies to see an ACTION/COMEDY, that's exactly what I want to see. NOT characters onsceen rambling about nothing just to justify a plot, and to be honest, the lack of one in this The year is 2007, and I've yet to find a movie that gets my blood pumping faster than this one. Sure, It could have came up to BREATH for a couple of minutes, but really, when I'm going to the movies to see an ACTION/COMEDY, that's exactly what I want to see. NOT characters onsceen rambling about nothing just to justify a plot, and to be honest, the lack of one in this movie probably made it better. Expand
  28. CharlieM.
    Oct 18, 2003
    Es ist immer lustig zu lesen was die Kritiker schreiben; meist scheinen sie alle der selben Meinung zu sein entweder ist ein Film schlecht oder gut, das is klar und verständlich. Dennoch wird dann immer der eine Film nieder gemacht oder hoch gelobt. Hier kann man von Lob nicht sprechen. Was viele vergessen: das ist kein Thriller wo die Story sehr tiefgreifend sein muss, nein, das ist Es ist immer lustig zu lesen was die Kritiker schreiben; meist scheinen sie alle der selben Meinung zu sein entweder ist ein Film schlecht oder gut, das is klar und verständlich. Dennoch wird dann immer der eine Film nieder gemacht oder hoch gelobt. Hier kann man von Lob nicht sprechen. Was viele vergessen: das ist kein Thriller wo die Story sehr tiefgreifend sein muss, nein, das ist eine Action-Komödie die wirklich sehr lustige Dialoge bietet und Action vom feinsten. Fazit: Einer der besten Filme in seinem Genre die ich je gesehen habe; wenn nicht sogar der beste! Expand
  29. LeighM.
    Dec 12, 2003
    This is such a great movie. A must see and a must buy!!! If you haven't seen it yet you are missing out!!
  30. JennyM.
    Dec 25, 2003
    This film is the best it as good as the first one and will smith and martin lawrence are still fit. its funny and i have seen it 20 times. i would do anything to go to see them will smith and martain laurance. luv jenny
  31. BaggaOne
    Jul 19, 2003
    This movie was a bit long but the action sequences are crazy!!!
  32. ScottL.
    Jul 19, 2003
    This movie is action packed and funny but I do agree it's a bit long.
  33. VinceC.
    Sep 13, 2003
    This is a great movie. End of story. It has it all from commedy to action. This movie has a great soundtrack, amazing cars, great gun scenes and car chase plus its the funniest movie i'v seen yet.
  34. BryanD.
    Dec 11, 2003
    This movie is the best i dont care what other ppl are saying will and martin are one of the best actors out there if u dont see this movie as a ten then u r blind.
  35. Jan 4, 2016
    That beeping sound you hear just before Bad Boys II starts isn't some technical hitch. It's the dumper truck, driven by producer Jerry Bruckheimer, backing up to Michael Bay's desk and unloading the Gross National Product of Slovakia. Clearly, director Bay pocketed the cash, dashed straight past Decent Scriptwriting Inc and headed directly into Explosions R Us. The money's all up there onThat beeping sound you hear just before Bad Boys II starts isn't some technical hitch. It's the dumper truck, driven by producer Jerry Bruckheimer, backing up to Michael Bay's desk and unloading the Gross National Product of Slovakia. Clearly, director Bay pocketed the cash, dashed straight past Decent Scriptwriting Inc and headed directly into Explosions R Us. The money's all up there on the screen, only most of it soon flies off in a shower of flame and rubble.

Mike Lowrey (Will Smith) and Marcus Burnett (Martin Lawrence) are chasing down a drug dealer who's smuggling his ecstasy into the country via a mortuary. While investigating (read: killing henchmen in a series of ultra-destructive car chases), the pair discover that Marcus' sexy sis Syd (Gabrielle Union) is working undercover for their quarry. Tricky situation - made doubly so by the fact that Syd's shagging Mike behind her over-protective brother's back.

All of which is really just an excuse for the titular cops to shoot guns, trade insults and frustrate their boss (Joe Pantoliano). Fine. Or it would be if all the action bolted onto this wobbly narrative frame didn't come straight from the school of lazy sequels. You know, the one with diplomas marked More Of The Same. Yes, there are some breath-snatching stunts on show here, from the Matrix-matching highway chase (Smith and Lawrence's speeding auto dodging cars thrown from a transporter truck) to the delirious 360-degree pan around a frantic shoot-out. They'll thrill, but they won't solve the movie's biggest problem - director overload.

No doubting that Bay knows how to graft together a set-piece. It's just that once he finds something he likes, he won't let go. So be prepared to sit through another highway chase, almost identical but with spilled corpses replacing spilled cars. And, despite Bay's protestations that Pearl Harbor signalled his move into more substantive filmmaking, here he's reset his targets to match those he was aiming at almost a decade ago. One or two startling CG shots aside, Boys II could have been made eight months after the first movie, let alone eight years. And it's not just the explosions, either - even the ecstasy-smuggling plot and Lawrence's New Age obsession feels faintly stale.

Still, one vital component is all the better for not having moved: the wisecracks. Okay, so some of the boys' quick-fire banter is worryingly homophobic, adding to the discomfort of the almost orgiastic violence, but it's the pair's ceaseless gaggery that raises the watchability. Teamed with Big Willie, even Martin soddin' Lawrence is funny.

Bad Boys II does not reinvent the action film. It repeats it. But if you came out of the original wanting an extra two hours, step up and have a blast. Just don't expect to have quite as much fun as Michael Bay did when he made it...

Michael Bay turns off the brain and switches on the detonator... Overlong, overblown and underwritten it may be, but Bad Boys II still punches the pleasure centres enough to qualify as big, dumb fun. Just.
  36. Jan 12, 2016
    Great sequel - was delightfully surprised. Will Smith and ML always a good combination.

Watch it online for free: https://www.primewire.ag/watch-199-Bad-Boys-II-online-free

1. With a body built for action and a smile made for comedy, Smith eases through his scenes -- cool but never scary, a touch hip-hop and thoroughly audience-friendly. And unlike Lawrence, he can act. Smith's ability to put over a scene, combined with his matinee charm, goes a long way to making the film's violence palatable.
  2. If you think you're tough enough, go ahead and sit through the endurance test that is Bad Boys 2, a brutal, 2 1/2-hour display of production overkill.
    But damn it if the film doesn't work as what it's supposed to be: a big, brainless blast o' boom at the box office.