Bait

1.0

Overwhelming dislike- based on 74 Ratings

1. Oct 7, 2014
    There were a lot of people who disliked this movie, but I rather enjoyed it. The only part i didn't like was the villain's acting. I think the dialogue was good but he wasn't really into the role. Other than that I had a lot of laughs watching this and could really get into the scenes.
  2. ShirazGT
    Aug 19, 2002
    Quite brilliant. It nicely comes off the whole "Everyone's watching you" idea brought by Enemy of the State, while you watch him unravel his survailance like in The Truman Show. Casting is almost perfect, the comedy sells itself short, but the action holds it ground from beginning to end. The ending closed the movie nicely, but closed any doors for a sequel. 1 point deducted because Quite brilliant. It nicely comes off the whole "Everyone's watching you" idea brought by Enemy of the State, while you watch him unravel his survailance like in The Truman Show. Casting is almost perfect, the comedy sells itself short, but the action holds it ground from beginning to end. The ending closed the movie nicely, but closed any doors for a sequel. 1 point deducted because 2 important street saavy characters were badly cast. Expand
  3. Trisha
    Jun 2, 2002
    This movie was one of the best I've seen in awhile. It had action and comedy, but it also had it's poignant moments. Everyone in it was totally great. They did a great job with casting.
  4. Svafnae
    Apr 30, 2002
    Jamie Foxx was an amusing character, Morse, an over-brutal cop, and Doug Hutchison played the best sociopath I've seen since "Silence of the Lambs."
  5. NicoleO.
    Jan 12, 2002
    Excuse me "Ryan" but the jokes were good, Jamie Foxx is a great actor and the movie was good. In my opionion u needa maybe watch this movie again, and pay more attention to it then to where ur hands are in ur pants!

1. It may be a dismal comedy thriller, but Antoine Fuqua's Bait has one piece of bait that's definitely appealing: Jamie Foxx.
  2. Boston Globe
    Reviewed by: Jay Carr
    Bait ends up seeming pretty wormy.
  3. TNT RoughCut
    Reviewed by: Andy Klein
    It more or less makes sense and it's not dull -- more than can be said for many similar attempts.