Balle Balle! Amritsar to L.A.

7.4

1. Sep 20, 2010
    i love this movie a lotttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt.
    aishwarya rai acted beautifully..songs r amazing
    i watch it again n again..
    love aish forever!she is the best!!
  2. LizP.
    Sep 15, 2006
    Very fun. Wonderfully colorful, catchy songs and goofy dancing, some hysterically funny bits, a great way to bring P&P to today and have it still make sense. Ok, it's a bit clumsy sometimes, but so what? Have a sense of humor.
  3. satyas.
    May 10, 2006
    Light, entertaining fare. Aish makes her english language film debut with beauty & grace.
  4. JuliaB.l
    Feb 24, 2006
    very sweet and endearing. for the most part, the musical numbers had a delightful spontaneity.
  5. sfatehifar
    Dec 27, 2005
    Really liked it :)
  6. kaym.
    Dec 26, 2005
    Great fun!
  7. RosanaS.
    Dec 23, 2005
    It was the best movie ever! I love it, love it, love it! I think this is the best movie i have ever seen! I love it!!!
  8. EugeneY.
    Nov 14, 2005
    A rather good movie with a bad start and even worst ending. Namrata Shirodkar who played Jaya should have been the main star. Martin Henderson was rather wooden and Aishwarya Rai should definately loose some pounds. Her huge biceps throughly and consistantly outshone her facial beauty.
  9. geethas.
    Oct 30, 2005
    I enjoyed the film.It had humour and good songs. i could see the film happily with elder members without worrying about hot scenes etc. Ash was simply outstanding. The film is worth a second trip.
  10. RinaT
    Sep 9, 2005
    It was the best movie i have eva seen. it was funny, colourful , romantic, warm, superb etc n i loved Ash's performance..she was jus too good n looked really beautiful.
  11. TaraS
    Aug 24, 2005
    The first half hour was almost intolerable, but after that I found it surprisingly hilarious and cute. I especially loved the random gospel choir singing on the beach, risers and all.
  12. SashaT.
    Jul 21, 2005
    Bride and Prejudice was a very silly movie. The acting in it was very half-assed, yet its star, Aishwarya Rai shone through the whole film. I was greatly pleased by the dancing and singing coming out of nowhere. This film is much better than any terrible Hollywood musical (see: Chicago) Bollywood is truly spectacular.
  13. RayC.
    Jul 18, 2005
    The movie may have it flaws: like the scene in the Mexican restaurant... But I was overwhelmed by the colors and the sheer perkiness of it all. I find myself humming along songs I had never heard before a couple of days later. And that doesn't happen often. A full nine, not because my brain thinks it is right, but because of the joy this movie has braught me.
    Jul 16, 2005
    A fun, harmless, lightweight musical.
  15. RobertG.
    Jun 19, 2005
    The movie was excellent. I love to see movies where there isn't violence, profanity, tasteless sexuality, drugs, etc. I think most Americans would not like this movie because there is no violence, profanity etc. This just shows how shallow we are. This movie actually had taste and a story line. I loved the dancing, music, romance etc. Also, some people are trying to analyze the The movie was excellent. I love to see movies where there isn't violence, profanity, tasteless sexuality, drugs, etc. I think most Americans would not like this movie because there is no violence, profanity etc. This just shows how shallow we are. This movie actually had taste and a story line. I loved the dancing, music, romance etc. Also, some people are trying to analyze the movie, its just an entertaining fun love story. Expand
  16. DarrenS.
    Apr 24, 2005
    This was an entertaing movie. How many times do you want to see an anemic sterile version of 19th Century literarture. Gurinder Chada has brought the culturally relevant Indian society that closely resembles that of the Victorians, and in so doing created a hybrid of colour and amusement. As for the acting, Aishwarya Rai is firey as the headstrong Lalita, and does her character justice.
  17. Aleena
    Apr 21, 2005
    I really enjoyed this movie becasue it was a very pure an simple love story. WhileI understand people's critisms on how some of the events seem impropable nevertheless the movie was fun and quirky. I thought Ash looked really lovely. And after seeing this movie I love Martin Henderson and cant imagine anyone else having played the role of Will Darcy.
  18. DiaM.
    Apr 1, 2005
    Awesome! it was funny, cute, sweet, and absolutely fun to watch. The music is wonderful to listen to and the film displays a good cordination of color and beauty. Besides Aishwarya and Martin's chemistry was brillant. Beauty girls and handsome men. Brillant fusion of Bollywood and Hollywood!
  19. jeanlouisdep.
    Mar 31, 2005
    Fun with a happy end. sweet and uncomplicated.
  20. ZafanaH.
    Mar 21, 2005
    It was really funny and i just love the songs!!!!!
  21. phoebec.
    Mar 20, 2005
    Hillariuos!!!! some people might not agree but i think it is very entartining and ashwaria rai has made great progres considering the fact its her first all english film. the dances and music are very enrgetic and simply make you want 2 get up and dance and sing along. all in all i see this film as a funny and terrific film which is worth seeing.
  22. paul
    Mar 17, 2005
    Warm, funny, smart, colorful, romantic...a heart-warming romp across three continents with great music, what's not to love?
  23. Di
    Mar 9, 2005
    I would say this is one this was one of the most fun movies I have seen over the past few years - colourful, energetic, funny, romantic. Had me walking out the cinema afterwards smiling and happy. Well Done!!!
  24. Rhea
    Mar 8, 2005
    Great movie.
  25. PreetyS.
    Mar 5, 2005
    I think this movie was just marvelous. I
  26. RajeshB.
    Mar 5, 2005
    A Must see. Get a glimplse and taste of India by watching this movie. Bright colors and lively. Lovely plot. Solid music.
  27. AmitaB.
    Feb 27, 2005
    Bride and Prejudice has a great take on the "indian" version of Jane Austen's novel. What most people (including critics) don't seem to understand is that its intent was for an Indian audience or those who are well versed with Indian culture and/or movies. It's a definite 10 in my opinion and hilarious.
  28. JohannaB.
    Feb 26, 2005
    I laughed through the whole movie - very entertaining in a light, fluffy kind of way. Espec if you don't compare it to Jane Austen's original.
  29. WarrenP.
    Feb 26, 2005
    The begining may have been a little too corny with that first dance and song routine but the "corniness" was erased by rest of the dance/songs that followed.I have to say I totally loved the movie , its so different than the typical American movies .The totally exotic scenes and people in the shots were outstanding and so pleasing to the eyes! If you are tired of the same The begining may have been a little too corny with that first dance and song routine but the "corniness" was erased by rest of the dance/songs that followed.I have to say I totally loved the movie , its so different than the typical American movies .The totally exotic scenes and people in the shots were outstanding and so pleasing to the eyes! If you are tired of the same action/violent/bluntly foul comedy movies and you want to experience something totally pleasant and different...I say do not sit around..Leave your home ....take your kids to the nearest movie theater and yes its a great date movie! ( this was my first ever Indian movie and I am dying to see more ) Oh by the way Aiswarya is trully the most beautiful woman on earth, I read somewhere that there are almost 17000 websites dedicated online for her from her fans! wow! Expand
  30. MichaelG.
    Feb 19, 2005
    I didn't know what to expect, based on the trailer and the limited release. But, I have to say that this melange of Indian, British and American cultures is a delight. From start to finish, I found the movie to be compelling. It is funny, fascinating, heart warming, a colorful feast for eyes, new sights and sounds worthy of Discovery Channel, beautiful men and gorgeous women . Now, I didn't know what to expect, based on the trailer and the limited release. But, I have to say that this melange of Indian, British and American cultures is a delight. From start to finish, I found the movie to be compelling. It is funny, fascinating, heart warming, a colorful feast for eyes, new sights and sounds worthy of Discovery Channel, beautiful men and gorgeous women . Now, don't get me wrong, the script wasn't so good. The editing wasn't seamless. And, I wasn't sure if I was watching a musical or a film with music videos in it. But, overall, it is a great movie. Expand
  31. SanjayKumarS.
    Feb 18, 2005
    Good music and dance.
  32. RachelW
    Feb 18, 2005
    I think that Bride and Prejudice has changed the way we think of India. That movie has got to be the best one i have seen in a long time. It was funny and very entertaining. And may i add the very pretty ladies in it. I was over whelmed by the outstanding movie :)
  33. AmishaV.
    Feb 17, 2005
    It was a very good film i love this film it was to good!!
  34. KatieC
    Feb 16, 2005
    This movie wasn't as good as Bend It Like Beckham it was still one of the best movies i have seen in a while.
  35. sobi
    Feb 14, 2005
    Its a bomb beautifully designed romantic, musical n comedy :)
  36. hughiew
    Feb 8, 2005
    Absolutely delightful! Ash is lovely!

1. Aside from the singing and dancing, it is the color and pageantry of India as filtered through the work of cinematographer Santosh Sivan that captivates us.
  2. Works because of its heedless, heart-on-its-sleeve spirit.
  3. Here's yet another take on "Pride and Prejudice,"...but all spiced up as colorfully as a dish of curry.