7.6

1. Nov 15, 2013
    The Bank Job cashes in.
    The movie starts at a good pace and continues without letting up. A solid telling of a true story. Statham continues to entertain with his gritty intensity and likeability.
  2. Sep 7, 2013
    You'd think that a Jason Statham film about a bank robbery can only mean one thing: cliché Hollywood tricks, comical action and no story or organisation. However, The Bank Job is the complete opposite. The focus is on the main character as well as the crucial moments of the robbery itself. It's not one of those films which spends only 2 minutes on the bit that actually matters. Aside fromYou'd think that a Jason Statham film about a bank robbery can only mean one thing: cliché Hollywood tricks, comical action and no story or organisation. However, The Bank Job is the complete opposite. The focus is on the main character as well as the crucial moments of the robbery itself. It's not one of those films which spends only 2 minutes on the bit that actually matters. Aside from this, there is a lot more going on at any given point, and everything that happens has a purpose and its own story behind it. If you want a break from mindless action films, you should definitely give this one a go. Expand
  3. Mar 1, 2013
    This movie based on a real story is well directed, silent, fast paced, suspense thriller. I watch it again and again and never get bored. Very entertaining!!!
  4. Feb 23, 2013
    The Bank Job is a good movie based on the legendary 1971 London bank heist. While I enjoyed the fast paced action this film offers, it jumps around so much and so fast, that it's pretty hard to keep up with. I found myself quite confused at many different points in the film, especially at the end, when I had to rewind 3 or 4 times. Jason Statham is far and away the top action star outThe Bank Job is a good movie based on the legendary 1971 London bank heist. While I enjoyed the fast paced action this film offers, it jumps around so much and so fast, that it's pretty hard to keep up with. I found myself quite confused at many different points in the film, especially at the end, when I had to rewind 3 or 4 times. Jason Statham is far and away the top action star out there today. What's so great about him falling under the radar is that he gets to do what he wants to do, instead of getting stuck with nothing but big budget disasters with no plot. The story behind The Bank Job and what led up to it, who was really involved in, was really interesting and made for a great plot. The constant jumping from place to place made for a confusing film, that while good, wasn't nearly what it should have been. Expand
  5. Apr 21, 2012
    I was very surprised by The Bank Job. I went in expecting a brainless action flick but was rewarded with a suspenseful and well-paced crime drama. It feels very much like the old British crime films of the past, not just in period dressing but in it's acting and directing, too. Very nostalgic and entertaining.
  6. Aug 5, 2011
    Enjoyable bank heist movie with enough twists, turns and sub plots to make you believe you may be watching a Guy Ritchie movie. Statham is excellent as usual and the rest of the cast fits the bill well. Gritty in parts, humorous in others overall it's well worth a watch.
  7. Sep 13, 2010
    Based on a true story, cockney geezas rob a bank then it's a right knees-up & barrel of monkeys.
    Does what it says on the tin, Jason Statham plays his usual whispering cockney self but quite entertaining overall.

1. Reviewed by: Leslie Felperin
    An engrossing if underwhelming period thriller.
    Dull title for a juicy, fact-based caper movie that's full of surprises I have no intention of spoiling.
    The actual robbery that the picture is based on is shrouded in mystery, and the screenwriters, Dick Clement and Ian La Fresnais, have engaged in a fair amount of entertaining invention.