MCA/Universal Pictures | Release Date: July 31, 1998
7.3
Generally favorable reviews based on 42 Ratings
WATCH NOW
BendikAug 23, 2007
This movie is so bad that it was funny.
1 of 1 users found this helpful
HalfwelshmanSep 17, 2011
Once again, David Zucker proves himself to be a great comic talent, not just of parody, but of a wide variety of humour - he is able to flaunt clever dialogue on moment, then shift the tone to outright childishness the next. OK, so it's notOnce again, David Zucker proves himself to be a great comic talent, not just of parody, but of a wide variety of humour - he is able to flaunt clever dialogue on moment, then shift the tone to outright childishness the next. OK, so it's not quite on par with Airplane! or Naked Gun, but it's a league better than the atrocious Scary Movie sequels. Some jokes don't quite hit the mark, but the majority will have you roaring with laughter, and the film leaves plenty of room for Parker and Stone to shine. Expand
Hemp316Oct 5, 2015
To truly like this film you have to know who the two main Actors in the film are-Trey Parker and Matt Stone.They of course are the creators of South Park and are extremely talented as the success of South Park can prove.As Actors they are areTo truly like this film you have to know who the two main Actors in the film are-Trey Parker and Matt Stone.They of course are the creators of South Park and are extremely talented as the success of South Park can prove.As Actors they are are alright,mostly acting natural as themselves.Let's face it,this is A Naked Gun-type Comedy.There are quite A lot of funny moments,however the reason I don't really score it higher than I did is of two things really-the Movie taking way too long and some crude scenes.

The length of it went A tad longer than I would of liked.There are A lot parts of the Movie that could of been edited differently as to shorten them as some scenes go on way too long thus extending the length of the Movie overall.My other gripe with the Movie is some of the crude scenes.Now,I am not A prude and I do understand the reason in which they were intended and it does makes sense within the Movie.However,some of them were just too gross for Me and felt like they were there just for shock value rather than genuine comedy.

The rest of the Movie has good Veteran Actors in it that are instantly recognizable.The rest of the cast do their best and it comes off as good performances all around.The main positive for Me was Trey Parker and Matt Stone.Overall,it was all about them and I am sure that was the selling point of the Movie when it was released.Other than that it's A fair comedy,but nothing too memorable.