6.1

1. Feb 1, 2011
    If there is anything good to be said about this film, it is that it makes the first two Batman films seem better! The plot is easier to follow but loses a lot of the emotion that is behind the character of Batman which in retrospect, was covered well in the first two films. I could feel my respect for Tommy Lee Jones disappear but it has to be said that Jim Carrey was at least good at doing what he does best (which... I didn't say I liked).
    More accessible to a wider audience, but ultimately it crushes the spirit and distorts the world of Batman!
  2. Sep 19, 2011
    "Batman Forever" is a movie that offers popcorn action and decent fun from Jim Carrey; basically you have to see the film as a ADHD in order to love the style.
  3. Aug 11, 2010
    Better than Batman & Robin, but still a mediocre film. It tries too hard to combine Tim Burton's characters with their campy earlier versions. The result is an unsatisfying movie that's more of a product than an actual piece of decent scripting.
  4. Oct 26, 2012
    Even with a simple plot, the film is a classic due to Jim Carrey and his performance. The Tommy Lee Jones version of Two-Face looks like a "half-brother" of the Joker if he got drunk on Madison Square Garden.
  5. Dec 16, 2010
    Love Jim Carry love batman, but hate this movie i mean seriously he kills two face which compleley ruins the movie that's batmans only rule for those who are not batman fans
  6. Oct 30, 2010
    Tommy Lee Jones and Jim Carrey saved this movie from becoming a total disaster.
  7. Oct 18, 2010
    I liked it. I understand a couple of those negative reviews though. I 'm a big Jim Carry fan so that's probably why I took to it right away. It was a little cheesy and after seeing Batman and Robin (which made me barf) it seems a lot better.
  8. Nov 27, 2011
    This film is just so stupid. The script and overacting complete ruins the potential of this film, Not to mention that the entire film looks like you are on LCD.
  9. Mar 7, 2011
    OMG!!!! Jim Carrey actually gave a truly good performance?!?!?! I was shocked that he actually did a good job, this has to be my favorite Batman movie ever, the acting is great as is the plot, this is a truly enjoyable movie for fans of Batman.
  10. Aug 16, 2012
    Although there is some modest amusement to be had in Jim Carrey's manic performance as The Riddler, Batman Forever is a damp squib of a movie that wastes a grotesque amount of talent. Although the following Batman & Robin would take the lion's share of critical rage, Forever is as weak or maybe even weaker. Bad on every level.
  11. Jul 19, 2011
    Though not as terrible as Batman & Robin, this movie is no gem. Val Kilmer's Batman is not as convincing as Keaton's, while O'Donnell's Robin fails to be likable. The Riddler is played by Jim Carrey, an actor who is synonymous with this movie. His character gets the most lines and screen time, with the Riddler essentially an extension of Carrey's comedy persona. His overbearing presence confines Two-Face (played by Tommy Lee Jones) into a secondary character, given no real personality of his own other than that of a glorified lackey. This movie is vibrant visually but lacks substance in terms of acting and writing. Expand
  12. Feb 16, 2012
    Poor old Joel Schumacher - he'll be known for the rest of his life as "The man who killed Batman", though he earned that moniker in making Batman & Robin, not this installment. True, it's a very different take on the Dark Knight mythology from Tim Burton's previous brooding, Gothic adaptations - Schumacher adds a liberal dose of self-aware humour and in-jokes, and the whole film has a certain camp fun about it. It's almost like Batman and Batman Returns was the franchise in its moody teenage years, and all of a sudden it's decided to cheer up and have a little fun. Schumacher hasn't completely dumped Burton's ideas on the wayside though, and most likely due to Burton staying on as producer, the film continues to delve into Bruce Wayne's tragic past and complex psychology. These scenes could have been lifted directly out of either Batman or Batman Returns, and provide the film with a good emotional kick. Robin's origin story is also kept fairly dark and Burton-y, and the thematic parallels Schumacher and writer Akiva Goldsman draw between Dick Grayson and Bruce Wayne are dramatically effective. The casting for the film is a real mixed bag. Chris O'Donnell has the right rebellious attitude and confidence to play Robin, Nicole Kidman makes a feisty femme-fatale as sassy psychologist Chase Miridian, Michael Gough is reliable as always as Alfred, and Jim Carrey steals every scene he's in as a brilliantly batty Riddler. However, Val Kilmer is completely miscast as Batman, and even clever cinematography and editing can't hide the fact that he can't handle the stunts - he just looks fat and slow. The real turkey of the cast is, disappointingly, Tommy Lee Jones, who turns Harvey Two-Face, one of the most interesting and complex of Batman's rogues gallery into a simplistic, camp pantomime villain. We must also question some of the design changes in the film (nipples? why?) that are so jarringly different from Burton's mythos that they appear to not even belong on the same planet, never mind the same city. Gotham appears to have evolved at an alarmingly rapid rate from a city of seedy slums and gothic cathedrals to a very East Asian-inspired neon metropolis. Well at least the taxes from the hard-working citizens of Gotham appear to have been put to good use. Batman Forever is an incredibly uneven film. There are good performances (Carrey), bad performances (Kilmer) and ugly performances (Jones). Batman's back-story is further fleshed out in dark flashbacks, and the introduction of Robin is handled well, but there's also homo-erotic suiting-up montages and bat-nipples. The film as a whole looks expensive, in a top-of-the-line fairground attraction sort of way, but it lacks finesse, and consistency in tone. It's clearly not the best Batman film, but Forever is also by-no-means the worst (audiences would have to wait another two years for the franchise-killer). One thing I will say for Joel Schumacher's first foray into the Batman universe - it's inconsistent, certainly, but it's never boring! Expand
  13. Sep 4, 2011
    Suffering the "threequel effect" from beginning to end, BATMAN FOREVER is a tedious superhero movie. It now stars Val Kilmer as the titular character, a less believable Batman than even Michael Keaton, who was a hard one to take into mind. And along with the whole superficiality of the plot, the villains aren't all that great either. The three previous villains were the Joker (Jack Nicholson), Catwoman (Michelle Pfeiffer), and Penguin (Danny DeVito). Now, we have another duo, consisting of the Riddler (Jim Carrey) and Two-Face (Tommy Lee Jones). Unlike in BATMAN and BATMAN RETURNS, these villains are more silly and ridiculous than creepy. Just look at the DVD box--their outfits give away all the asininity. Should you see this? I wouldn't recommend it. If you do, will you like it? It depends if you can stand Jim Carrey in more than just comedy and drama. Expand
  14. Jan 3, 2012
    This Batman movie is basically mocking itself by even existing. With stupidity and awful acting and a stupid villain who was horribly miscast along with weak action you have a spoof of a great superhero. I give this movie 25%.
  15. May 9, 2012
    Alot of people hate this movie but i really like it. It's a good movie to just sit and watch and you don't have to pay close attention to. It's not the best batman movie by any means but it is a movie i enjoy.
  16. Jul 12, 2012
    This is a far cry from the way that I like to see Batman portrayed, but to Jim Carrey's credit he carries this film through its bumps along the way and it ends being a fun comic book flick.
  17. Jul 17, 2012
    This third installment in the original Batman film franchise certainly leaves a lot to be desired and left a lot of people on the fence. It evokes a bubblegum veneer of camp not seen since the Adam West days: complete with over-the-top villains, extravagant art direction, and a lighter tone from the Burton days. On the one hand, this style results in a very goofy plot dedicated entirely to
  18. Dec 29, 2012
    Not as dark and not as good as the prior two Tim Burton films but still entertaining to watch. Jim Carey absolutely steals the show as The Riddler. Joel Schumacher was asked to replace Tim Burton to make more kids-friendly versions of Batman movies by Warner Bros under pressure from parental groups. (WTF? I don't remember the Tim Burton films being that bad.). Unlike "Batman & Robin" which imo is the worst Batman movie of all time (including the Adam West movie being better) Batman Forever was not bad. I think Jim Carry saved this movie from being a flop... Expand
  19. Aug 12, 2012
    [4/9 Batman Marathon]
    Batman Forever [1995]
    I loved this movie so much when I was a kid. Like, I was a DIEHARD fan for it. I idolized The Riddler, to the point that I kept drawing question marks on my bedroom wall with green crayons. I haven't watched the movie since then, and while growing up, I've heard so much **** about how crappy the Shumacher Batman films were, so my thoughts about
    this film have been negatively percepted since then. When I rewatched this, I have to say, it's not as bad as what people say **** about it. It's no Nolan film, but it's really not as bad as people say it is.

THE GOOD:
    -Val Kilmer's the best-looking Batman. He fits everything that has to be about Bruce Wayne and Batman. Sure, he has a deadpan delivery, but Bruce Wayne is supposed to be deadpanned as well so can't blame him for the characterization.
    -The production design is awesome.
    -The score.
    -The Charity Circus scene. Best part of the movie, hands down..
    -Bruce Wayne's past is explored a lot more.
    -Best-looking Batman costume.
    THE BAD:
    -The script is GODAWFUL. NOTHING MAKES SENSE. Batman strongly talks Robin to not kill Two-Face as a form of revenge, but Batman himself kills Two-Face without any sensible explanation. Bruce Wayne giving up on being Batman. Where the **** did that storyline come out from?
    -The villains are more cartoons than actual villains.
    -Jim Carrey. OH MY GOD, I can't believe I worshipped him in this when I was a kid. The first scene with him was unbearable to watch.
    -Batnipples.
    -What the **** did Robin do the entire movie, esp. when Batman was in peril? He showed up only to get Batman out of the sand. After that, he drove the Batboat and got held captive by the villains. What was the redeeming point of even having him in this besides being the catalyst of Bruce remembering his past?
  20. Jan 1, 2014
    The transition from seriousness (of sorts) to childish has resulted badly for the caped crusader as Batman Forever's villains aren't villainy enough and Val Kilmer isn't the most persuasive Batman of all time.
  21. Nov 12, 2012
    Schumacher's Batman is more colorful, and lighthearted than Burton's. This is not a good thing. Burton's vision, though imperfect, surpasses Schumacher's in every way, shape, and form.
  22. Jan 5, 2014
    Uma das piores adaptações do Batman que já vi.
  23. Nov 28, 2012
    Though Jones, Kilmer, and Carrey give it their all, their performances struggle to save this film from it's own cheesy camp.
  24. Jul 4, 2013
    The beginning of the demise of the 90's Batman films. Val Kilmer is ok as Bruce Wayne, but not nearly as good as Michael Keaton and Joel Schumacher shows he cares more about introducing pointless goofy villains than making a good movie.
  25. May 24, 2013
    Very much like the cartoons. I am a Batman fan and I liked the Batman because he wasn't to aggressive and he was good as Bruce Wayne as well. I think Superman and Batman tie on my favorite superheroes list.
  26. Aug 31, 2013
    I hate Jim Carrey. The movie is bad because of him!!! I don't know why they choose him. He's bad!!! He is not an actor. He is not a human!!!! I am just kidding. He is a human. But he's a very bad actor!
  27. Aug 9, 2013
    Jim Carrey is perfectly cast as The Riddler and Tommy Lee Jones wasn't too bad as Harvey Dent himself, but the entire film isn't executed with much energy, making for a moderately enjoyable film.
  28. Jun 28, 2014
    A toy and childlike feature with a bizarre Tommy Lee Jones. Nicole Kidman is at best a whimsical damsel-in-distress. The only mildly entertaining piece is Jim Carrey's eccentric and malevolent Riddler. Otherwise Schumacher fails as an action film director
  29. Aug 28, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Two-Face (Tommy Lee Jones) is reigning terror on Gotham City. Only Batman (Val Kilmer) can stop him. Bit behind the scenes a new super-villain rises, The Riddler (Jim Carrey).
    I'm sorry for the short summary but I have a major bug with this movie. And here the seven main reasons i dislike this movie. First, Kilmer, he's okay as Bruce Wayne but I can't see him as Batman. Second, the score, from a musicians point of view the score by Danny Elfman from the first two films is well blatantly, music to my ears. Here its boring, forgettable, and filled with too many cartoon sound effects. Third, the Batmobile, it looks like a roller-skate. Fourth, Two-Face, boy is this performance bad. Two-Face is supposed to be a depressing tragedy of a mans life. This is just a joke. Fifth, The Riddler, one of my all time favourite Batman villains, and Jim Carrey ruins him by playing Jim Carrey which is good for some movies but not Batman. Sixth, Robin, again another character study full of tragedy, but he's too old and bland. Seventh, Gotham, it's too bright and cheery, and what's with all the giant statues around?
    It hate this movie even more than the next one. It ruined the series and led to the disgrace of it. Don't watch this and save yourself 2 hours of your life.
  30. Sep 24, 2013
    Val Kilmer sucks as The Caped Crusader, and Tommy Lee Jones is a miscast, but Jim Carey is vey amusing to watch. He's the perfect actor to play the Riddler, and he pulls it off with style!
  31. Nov 29, 2013
    I got to say, this movie is so much better than some of the other Batman movies, but this isn't a good one. The acting from Carrey is to be what is expected from him. I'm not a big fan of his movies, so I wasn't too thrilled to see this movie. The bar was raised, but just a little.
  32. Oct 27, 2013
    with two films made ​​on average by tim burton producers exchanged by another director (michael schumacher) that made this movie is stupid kids.essa must have been the biggest disappointment of the time.
  33. Dec 2, 2013
    Not the most terrible Batman film but far from the best. Val Kilmer gives his all, but still is the most boring Bruce Wayne ever cast. Jim Carrey does his Jim Carrey and Nicole Kidman is far from an interesting leading lady.
  34. Feb 10, 2014
    Batman Forever is an amazing action packed film with more gadgets than some James Bond films.
    The film has a great way of introducing the main characters. For example in the opening scene the film introduces Two Face, (Tommy Lee Jones) by showing how evil he is when he kills one of his own henchmen and tries to kill a cop. This opening scene also introduces Batman (Val Kimmer) as heroic
    because he saves the cop's life. Although I felt that the cop in this scene wasn't a very good actor. But the scene ends on a high note when Two Face escapes alive and this makes you wonder how Batman will stop him.
    The film has quite a simple plot where Batman tries to stop the evil Two Face and his insane side kick, the Riddler. This simple plot stops the viewer from feeling lost and confused like they may do in a film with a complicated plot.Another example of the great way the film introduces characters is the scene where the Riddler (Jim Carrey) is introduced. The Riddler is introduced in a good way because when he writes his 1st riddle it fills the viewers mind with mystery and a sense of trying to figure it out before the end of the film. When Jim Carrey plays the Riddler the role is unique and makes you realize just how good an actor Jim Carrey really is because as well as playing a great comedian he can also play other roles. In this role
    The special effects are also very good in a car chase scene where Two-Face's henchmen chase Batman in his bat mobile. In this scene the special effects make the driving stunts in the car chase seem very realistic.
    But the action in this film can sometimes seem too violent which might shock the viewer because the film is only rated PG.
    On the other hand the film does keep the viewer interested until the last scenes where Batman has to make a life changing decision and when the Riddler threatens to tell the whole world who Batman is.
    I would recommend this film to young adults and anyone who likes a good superhero film. I would rate the film 9/10.
  35. Apr 9, 2014
    Jim carey is a funny villian. and batman is better then ever :))))))))))))))))))))))))))) . Grade A ........................................................................
  36. Jun 29, 2014
    Boring, loud and ridiculously acted, "Batman Forever" should be renamed to "Batman Never" in spite the efforts of the charismatic Jim Carrey and Tommy Lee Jones who brings soft comedy to save this movie from being a mess.
  37. May 6, 2014
    UHHHHHH horrible.....Batman is digging himself a grave..................................................................................................
  38. Jun 29, 2014
    Batman Forever has a cool cast. Kilmer, Kidman, O'Donnell, Jones, and Jim Carrey. The special effects are
    entertaining and the movie doesn't have a dull moment. The movie deserves more praise because Schumacher is a skilled director. The movie is easily enjoyable as a comic book movie with action and comedy. The movie delivers exactly what you expect from a superhero movie.
  39. Jul 8, 2014
    סרט ממש מטומטם שהורס את באטמן, אי אפשר לראות בלי להרגיש מטופש. עלילת הסרט ממש נראית כאילו ילד בן 10 כתב אותה. אם לא ראיתם את הסרט עדיף שתוותרו עליו, ובמקום זאת תראו טרילוגיית האביר האפל עוד פעם
  40. Aug 16, 2014
    Be honest with yourselves, this movie wasn't good. A lot of people say it's better than Batman Returns, and it's not. If a movie is made by it's villains, then this is a terrible movie. I didn't like Two Face, and I didn't like the Riddler. I always like to have at least a bit of sympathy for my superhero villains. I had sympathy for Magneto, I had sympathy for Loki, I had sympathy for Catwoman, and I even had a shred of sympathy for Mr. Freeze (but only a shred). These villains annoyed me like crazy. Two Face was all out of his mind, and the newer Two Face in the Dark Knight looks so amazing because of how cheesy and fake this one was. The Riddler is what you'd expect from Jim Carrey in a superhero movie, and he was even worse. I have to admit, the storyline was a lot more interesting than Batman and Robin. The part with Robin becoming a hero was actually managed decently. Batman was depicted by Val Kilmer poorly, but he did do a good job as Bruce Wayne. Overall, this movie was garbage, but it was garbage with air freshener sprayed on it. It had consolations, but it didn't have that many consolations. Expand
  41. Oct 17, 2014
    The Dark Knight of Gotham City confronts a dastardly duo: Two-Face and the Riddler. Formerly District Attorney Harvey Dent, Two-Face incorrectly believes Batman caused the courtroom accident which left him disfigured on one side; he has unleashed a reign of terror on the good people of Gotham. Edward Nygma, computer-genius and former employee of millionaire Bruce Wayne, is out to get the philanthropist; as The Riddler he perfects a device for draining information from all the brains in Gotham, including Bruce Wayne's knowledge of his other identity. Batman/Wayne is/are the love focus of Dr. Chase Meridan. Former circus acrobat Dick Grayson, his family killed by Two-Face, becomes Wayne's ward and Batman's new partner Robin the Boy Wonder. Expand

There is no rhythm to the movie, no ebb and flow; it's all flat-out spectacle.
    It's lighter, brighter, funnier, faster-paced, and a whole lot more colorful than before.
    Schumacher's method is to use a lighter touch, to stay closer to the cartoon that Bob Kane created for DC Comics in 1939 and to temper Burton's nightmare world with an accessible, brightly colored TV palette.