Batman & Robin

5.8

1. Apr 21, 2011
    Acting is way too over the top, dialogue is annoying as hell especially the ice puns, the costumes are ridiculous, the script seems like it was written by a 3 year old. Ivy wants Mr.Freeze to freeze the world and than give it to the plants! See what I mean? The music is good and that's what saves it from a zero.
  2. NicholasM.
    Feb 4, 2005
    Not the worst superhero movie of all time but its definately up there.
  3. DaleP
    Apr 2, 2008
    The only actor among all of them with the chin to play the title role and he gets it horribly wrong.
  4. DanA
    Jan 30, 2008
    I gave this a one only because Robin still seems pretty much in place. Other than that, everything with the movie is wrong. George Clooney is cast as Batman, and believe me, he is one of the last people you ever need to get into that suit. George Clooney is about as fit to play Batman as Hulk Hogan would be to play The Flash. It just doesn't make sense. When you watch him perform I gave this a one only because Robin still seems pretty much in place. Other than that, everything with the movie is wrong. George Clooney is cast as Batman, and believe me, he is one of the last people you ever need to get into that suit. George Clooney is about as fit to play Batman as Hulk Hogan would be to play The Flash. It just doesn't make sense. When you watch him perform both Bruce and Batman feel like cliche Clooney performances. Alicia Silverstone as Batgirl could probably work, but so much of the lines and delivery (along with sound effects) in this movie are so horrible that we'll never know. I also think Uma Thurman playing Poison Ivy could work, but again, whoever told her to deliver her lines with that rollercoaster pitch was out of their mind. Arnold Schwarzeneggar playing Mr. Freeze is very easily the most inaccurate portrayal of any character in history. It may also be the corniest as well. Mr. Freeze is supposed to be an intricate character, a man with real emotions and feelings that he was robbed of. He was not supposed to be a bumbling fool who uses horrible freeze related puns. The only goddamn thing that stayed very good in this movie was Alfred, and he had the least time in this film than any of the others! Expand
  5. DanH.
    Mar 9, 2005
    This is one of the only movies I've ever seen where I considered turning it off before I was done watching it. This movie was absolutely nothing like the original Batman. The costumes were too flashy, at some points, I almost thought I was watching the circus. There were SO many cheezy one-liners, especially from Mr. Freeze. The story was horrible, and to top it off, the Batman theme This is one of the only movies I've ever seen where I considered turning it off before I was done watching it. This movie was absolutely nothing like the original Batman. The costumes were too flashy, at some points, I almost thought I was watching the circus. There were SO many cheezy one-liners, especially from Mr. Freeze. The story was horrible, and to top it off, the Batman theme that we all know and love wasn't even used in the movie until the ending credits. I loved the original Batman, but this was just garbage. Expand
  6. Oct 30, 2010
    superheroes don't get credit cards!!!
  7. Jul 26, 2011
    This is a disgrace!!! Joel should be ashamed of himself for creating this!!! Luckily, there's Burton's Batman and Batman Returns as well as Nolan's Batman franchise.
  8. Jun 28, 2012
    This is garbage. It is suspect, but watchable, to members of the audience under six or seven. Anyone older than that will absolutely hate it.

Sorry George Clooney, but **** THIS MOVIE.
  9. Aug 14, 2013
    The second worst superhero movie of all time, would be first but Catwoman exists. George Clooney is terrible as Batman even worse than Val Kilmer. Even worse they tried to make it humourous, and it didn't work. Bat card. Need I say more? This is one of the worst movies I have ever seen and almost as bad as Catwoman.
  10. Jul 24, 2013
    A terrible fourth installment including dreadful puns and crazy props. The action wasn't too bad but overall it is a humiliating attempt at a decent movie. Joel Schumacher also "commited suicide" with his casting choices.
  11. Aug 8, 2014
    That doesn't deserves to be even a movie!
    First we had Batman,that was awesome.Then we had Batman Returns,that it was decent,but it wasn't great.Then we had Batman Forever,that I think it's the best movie in the franchise,and we got THIS!A movie that doesn't even look like the comics!
    That doesn't deserves to be even a movie!
    The movie tries to be cheesy like Batman 60s Show,but it fails in so many points.Poison Ivy looks like a prostitute,Mr Freeze looks like Electro from Ultimate Spider-Man,the Physics are WORSE than Watch_Dogs.
    The only good points in this movie is George Clooney being Batman/Bruce Wayne.He could be Batman again,he was very good as The Dark Knight.Another good point is Alicia Silverstone being Barbara Gordon.She didn't looked like Barbara from the comics,but she was very good being her,except being Batgirl,she was terrible being a Super-Hero.The best thing in the movie is Michael Gough being Alfred Pennyworth.I feel bad for him with the disease,I almost cried when I saw that he was dying.It was really sad.Those are the only things that made the movie get a 3 in my review,because if it didn't had those things,it would be a GREAT 0.
    If you want to know what hapenned after Batman Forever,want to see Barbara for the first time and Alfred again,just watch the movie.But I have ONE warning: If you are going to watch that movie,prepare to call the cops to destroy your TV in the middle of the movie.
  12. Mar 28, 2014
    Unfortunately for batman & robin, Its just too cartonish and poorly, poorly written to even enjoy, Its full of the most Un realistic scenes ever as well has the most ridiculous superhero costumes ever put on film.
  13. ScottS.
    Sep 27, 2005
    A total loss. No redeeming qualities. Thank goodness for "Batman Begins".
  14. christians
    Aug 8, 2009
    A terrible sequel, just terrible! even Batman Forever (which sucked) was way better than this ludicrous joke for a sequel.
  15. FrederickS.
    Mar 18, 2005
    RUBBISH! Nothing more than a comic book masquerading as a film.
  16. DanielV.
    Jul 5, 2005
    Not that I hate Batman but I have to say this was not only the worst superhero movie I have seen but probably the worst movie I have seen altogether. It's all about the special effects that aren't that great anyway, the enemies are corny and looks as it were aimed at an audience ages four to eight. - youll have much more fun watching the Tim Burton films or Batman Begins.
  17. DavidH.
    Jul 6, 2005
    This is the most disappointing batman movie of them all. If you watch the don't expect much because you won't get much.
  18. Sam
    Sep 17, 2005
    One of the most disappointing movies of all time. George Clooney is a great actor, but a sucky choice for Batman. Lame effects and dialouge, and yet, being the Batman fanatic that I am, I still watch this. It's still a terrible movie, and it's way to colorful and happy and corny, yet I still watch this. Once Batman Begins comes out on DVD though, this is outta here.
  19. Myles#13
    Sep 6, 2006
    I am the biggest fan of the Dark Knight, but I HATE this film... campiest film you will ever see, and all of the puns will make you groan. Everything is much too flashy, not dark at all. I still don't understand why the franchise ever swerved towards being 'family' movies... Batman is meant to be a mature, adult film- thank GOD Batman Begins breathed new life into Batman I am the biggest fan of the Dark Knight, but I HATE this film... campiest film you will ever see, and all of the puns will make you groan. Everything is much too flashy, not dark at all. I still don't understand why the franchise ever swerved towards being 'family' movies... Batman is meant to be a mature, adult film- thank GOD Batman Begins breathed new life into Batman films again. AVOID at all costs, if you value your sanity. Expand
    Feb 21, 2008
    This has gotta be the worst comic movie ever. I absolutely hate it. Good thing X-men brought this franchise back with some decency.
  21. JoeyW
    Jul 16, 2009
    Joel Schumacher's 2 Batman films...Batman Forever and Batman & Robin! Man Batman Forever was better than this. I kinda liked it. But not a'lot.
  22. kristianv
    Jul 30, 2009
    Quite possibly the worst movie ever made. Theres NOTHING good about it. Every actor does a horrible job, the script and dialogue is terrible, and most of all, the jokes make you want to kill yourself.
  23. DavidV.
    Aug 11, 2007
    One of the worst superhero movies to date. Someone should tell Joel Schumacher that ice skates, bat-credit cards, nipple suits, homoerotic statues, and neon lit thugs don't make a good movie.
  24. Nov 14, 2012
    THis movie is so awful you'll be wondering how the hell Warner Brothers green-lit the project. The answer is this: money. The only reason this exists is because Warner Brothers believed this would make tons of cash from all the "dumb" moviegoers. Well, they didn't realise that people were smarter than that and managed to stay well away from this turkey when bad word-of-mouth eruptedTHis movie is so awful you'll be wondering how the hell Warner Brothers green-lit the project. The answer is this: money. The only reason this exists is because Warner Brothers believed this would make tons of cash from all the "dumb" moviegoers. Well, they didn't realise that people were smarter than that and managed to stay well away from this turkey when bad word-of-mouth erupted shortly after the "movie's" release.

Arnold Schwarzenegger can't act. I can't say it in a clearer way' he just, can't, act!!! In fact nobody in this disaster movie can act properly for a superhero movie. George Clooney single-handedly killed the Batman franchise, until it would be resurrected by Christopher Nolan, who managed to make The Dark Knight Trilogy, which is better than the series Batman and Robin is a part of.

These movies started off well when Tim Burton made the first and second one, but Batman and Robin was so ordinary that all hope for the future of the franchise seemed lost, until Batman and Robin confirmed that all hope was lost for the Batman series. Thank god The Dark Knight Trilogy saved Batman from embarrassing himself any further.

Don't watch this movie. It is HORRIBLE!!!! It's like an intentionally made comedy gone wrong, completely wrong. Avoid at all costs.
  25. Jul 9, 2013
    Need I say anything? Batman and Robin is a dull, uninspired, insulting, and ridiculous take on the character. Had Batman Begins not come out, this movie would continue to leave a bad stench to the Batman franchise in Hollywood.
  26. Feb 1, 2011
    Everything about this movie is wrong, plain and simple. Everything. One may argue that it is a movie for kids to which I respond by saying that it doesn't even show respect to a 3 year old! I do like Michael Gough as Alfred so I have to respect the fact that he remained in the series and felt its decline.
  27. Jul 19, 2011
    An abysmal joke of a Batman movie. The tone is as far removed from the comics and the Tim Burton movies as physically possible. One can say that the movie is a throwback to the campy 60's Batman TV show but even if that is the intention, it still does not save the movie from failure. Some sets are well designed but the overuse of neon lighting becomes ridiculous. The movie plays out moreAn abysmal joke of a Batman movie. The tone is as far removed from the comics and the Tim Burton movies as physically possible. One can say that the movie is a throwback to the campy 60's Batman TV show but even if that is the intention, it still does not save the movie from failure. Some sets are well designed but the overuse of neon lighting becomes ridiculous. The movie plays out more as a parody than the 4th Batman movie. Gadgets are ludicrous (batskates), the humor is terrible (batman's credit card) and the actors are miscast (Arnie as Mr. Freeze). Speaking of actors, performances are cringeworthy and the dialogue is inexcusably awful. A complete misfire. Expand
  28. May 11, 2011
    Holy crappy movie Batman!! Batman Forever at least had a good cast. Clooney has made this movie up with some great acting in other movies I wonder if he still has nightmares?
  29. Aug 28, 2011
    Mr. Freeze: "What killed the Dinosaurs? THE ICE AGE!" - "Tonight, hell freezes over!" - "Ice to see you!" - "You're not sending ME to the COOLER!" - "In this universe, there's only one absolute... everything freezes!" - "Let's kick some ice!" - "The Ice Man cometh!" - "Tonight's forecast... a freeze is coming!"
  30. Jan 21, 2013
    I really hate Batman & Robin (not the Dynamic Duo, just the floppy Joel Schumacher movie). If it weren't for the Governator, maybe Mr. Freeze should've been singing the blues in his flawless acting career rather than freezing Gotham City. I thought this was my favorite movie in the Batman trilogy, but then I started laughing at Bane. How ugly is Bane and Poison Ivy (her lusty voice justI really hate Batman & Robin (not the Dynamic Duo, just the floppy Joel Schumacher movie). If it weren't for the Governator, maybe Mr. Freeze should've been singing the blues in his flawless acting career rather than freezing Gotham City. I thought this was my favorite movie in the Batman trilogy, but then I started laughing at Bane. How ugly is Bane and Poison Ivy (her lusty voice just sounded like a Bayonetta cliche). Alicia Silverstone looks worse as Batgirl. I thought Catwoman is the better hero than Batgirl. I like to see Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn naked in bikinis. The acting is terrible, the script doesn't make any sense, and totally unnecessary for a Batman sequel. But I enjoyed half of the movie, So I'll rent it because it's one of those superhero movies that's so bad, it's good. Expand

The current Bat cycle was already tired when Schumacher replaced Tim Burton behind the camera on "Batman Forever." This chapter -- so action-packed, yet so insufferably dull -- makes it clear that there's nowhere else to go.
    Batman & Robin, like the first three films in the series, is wonderful to look at, and has nothing authentic at its core.
  3. Joel Schumacher, director and ringmaster, piles on the flashy showmanship and keeps the film as big, bold, noisy and mindlessly overwhelming as possible.