6.6

1. MattO.
    Sep 5, 2006
    This was THE most entertaining movie of the summer. I am a big fan of all movies, and must say can't wait to own this one. I would easily but it in the realms of Animal House, Anchor Man, Super Troopers, and Monty Python. Overall, great movie, I laughed until I cried.
  2. RickM
    Oct 11, 2006
    My wife and I went to the cinema to see a movie, we chose between Beerfest and Talladega Nights. Boy did we make a mistake. We ended up watching Beerfest, even though we did laugh a couple of times overall it was stupid. There were very few laughs out of the others watching the movie. There was a story line to it but you could figure out what was going to happen with the movie before it happened.
  3. MarkBayer
    Oct 9, 2006
    It's easy to argue that comedy troupe Broken lizard'd latest, dealing with a US-German beer drinking competition is proof positive that beer really does destroy brain cells. If you know the subject matter in advance, and are aware that these are the guys who brought you Super Troopers, Club Dread and last year's Dukes of Hazzard movie, then the Jackass Number Two rule It's easy to argue that comedy troupe Broken lizard'd latest, dealing with a US-German beer drinking competition is proof positive that beer really does destroy brain cells. If you know the subject matter in advance, and are aware that these are the guys who brought you Super Troopers, Club Dread and last year's Dukes of Hazzard movie, then the Jackass Number Two rule applies: namely, don't say you weren't warned. Although this is their best, most cohesive effort yet (hey, at least it HAS a plot) and there are enough jokes about bodily fluids and orifices and various combinations thereof to make Porky's look like a Restoration comedy, this movie is actually more energetic than funny...but energy can take you a surprisingly long way. BL member and director Jay Chandrasekhar looks like he's having barrels of fun on both sides of the camera; the poster is great, and I want me one of them boot-shaped beer mugs! And let's lift a glass to the great Cloris Leachman, who never lets us down. As far back as 1955, she was heartbreaking as a torture/ murder victim in Kiss Me Deadly; on The Mary Tyler Moore Show she was far more likable and appealing as the pretentious, perpetually annoying Phyllis Lindstrom than anyone could've expected, and in last year's horrible The Longest Yard the sheer gusto with which she attacked her potentially humiliating and demeaning role as a horny elderly secretary almost redeemed it; here, as the heroes' grandmother, who's gifted with a special flair for handling sausages, she does the same. I'm still in love. Expand
  4. DamionK.
    Sep 2, 2006
    Good fun. I didn't really laugh at a particular point, but there were just several oddities that made you laugh overall. If you liked Super Troopers, you'll like this.
  5. BlancoA.
    Sep 6, 2006
    I saw this after my friend said it was the worst movie he's seen all year. Yes, between the jokes/gags, the production values are low. But the jokes are hilarious. I might have been the only person in my theater laughing, but most of the other people were in their teens and I"m sure are used to being spoon-fed their comedy. There were MANY pop culture references, and you have to be I saw this after my friend said it was the worst movie he's seen all year. Yes, between the jokes/gags, the production values are low. But the jokes are hilarious. I might have been the only person in my theater laughing, but most of the other people were in their teens and I"m sure are used to being spoon-fed their comedy. There were MANY pop culture references, and you have to be somewhat "up" for this film. I was, and it worked for me. Expand
  6. JamieK.
    Feb 21, 2007
    Very funny, good acting from Oktoberfest to Beerfest! Great movie!
  7. RobP.
    Feb 5, 2007
    I think Beerfest is a really funny movie, so long as you are familiar with the rest of Broken Lizard's films. It really does take the right sense of humor like some of the others have mentioned before me in their reviews. This is definitely not a movie to watch if you did not find any humor in Super Troopers (or Puddle Cruiser, Club Dread, etc.).
  8. IrfanB.
    Dec 15, 2006
    Great movie! Sort of a Super Troopers meets Dodgeball. The entire cast is hilarious!
  9. DylanS
    Dec 16, 2006
    Not the end all of comedies, but if you enjoy complete ridiculousness then Beerfest will do just fine. It's down right hilarious at some points and other times it's just goofy -- which I found very easy to get past in the long run. It's Broken Lizard, just take everything with a grain of salt and enjoy the ride. Oh, and I assure you, you will.
  10. JasonB.
    Aug 28, 2006
    Yeah, it's immature and crude but what else did you expect?! It appeared to me that everyone had a great time in the theatre. This was definetly better than Club Dread. This is a must see for fans of the Broken Lizard comedy troup!
  11. GregK.
    Aug 28, 2006
    Being a huge fan of Super Troopers I couldn't wait to see Beerfest. Well, to my dissapointment, the movie wasn't nearly as good. It indeed was a bit too long, yet short on jokes.
  12. MarkJ
    Jan 9, 2007
    Great movie. It's so funny I couldn't believe it. I thought that it was just going to be okay but after watching it all I could do was quote the movies funny lines and parts. I guess it is a movie for people with a particular sense of comedy and could see why some wouldn't like it. But I enjoyed it.
  13. SusanR.
    Aug 24, 2006
    HILARIOUS - funniest movie of the year.
  14. NichA.
    Aug 25, 2006
    This movie is extremely funny.
  15. JeradS.
    Aug 26, 2006
    Not funnier than supertroopers, but if you are a fan you'll like it.
  16. RavindK.
    Aug 26, 2006
    Just hilarious. The acting made me laugh, the director/drunk indian was just, ah perfect! corny at times, but it was still completly worth the laugh. Out of all the comedies this year, this is by far the best. Granted, for those of you who think vulgar humor isn't humor at all wont like it, but try and pull the stick out of yer butt long enough to see it.
  17. A
    Nov 29, 2006
    Beerfest is a movie that spoofs college-type drinking just as Super Troopers spoofed state troopers. If you drank in (or out) of college (or from age 18-23) you will recognize the games, the characters, and the comedy. Some bits seem inititally stupid, like the over-acted German accents, but they work - and you will be having trouble breathing due to excess laughter. Trust me, see it or Beerfest is a movie that spoofs college-type drinking just as Super Troopers spoofed state troopers. If you drank in (or out) of college (or from age 18-23) you will recognize the games, the characters, and the comedy. Some bits seem inititally stupid, like the over-acted German accents, but they work - and you will be having trouble breathing due to excess laughter. Trust me, see it or rent it with friends who you drink with - they'll get it. Expand
  18. Feb 2, 2012
    I did not think that I would like it as much as I did. It definently lives up to Super Trooper and I am glad that I watched it. Its hilarious through out and its definently worth the watch.
  19. Edd
    May 30, 2013
    I enjoyed this movie and watched it a lot of times even with my friends Some characters were epic !
    Especially it mentioned Germany and OKTOBERFEST

Beerfest bubbles with the cheeky irreverence of early John Landis and David Zucker. Yet, like just about every other American screen comedy of the moment, it's far too long in the tooth, with a scattershot final half-hour that seems the work of an editor battling a bad hangover.
    Random silliness rules the day, but the gags are frequently surprising.
  3. Reviewed by: Michael Phillips
    Beerfest is one sloppy comedy, but the lads of the comedy troupe Broken Lizard don't know when to say when in their pursuit of the idiotic laugh, and persistence certainly counts for something.