6.4

1. Dec 16, 2010
    None of the reviewers who gave it over a 30 actually have ever read beowulf, I have and this has almost zero to do with the epic poem. It is just a bad attempt to "hollywoodize" the poem
  2. Apr 13, 2011
    Risible accents ("I am Beowulf. Come to kill your monstah - Innit"), hamfisted choreography, and neither-fish-nor-fowl between real actor and cartoon character, this patient presented as a film that couldn't decide whether it wanted to be comedy or horror and ended up being neither. Epically boring.

Still, it could have been Norse...
  3. Apr 26, 2013
    As a Greek I always thought that film adaptations of Greek epic songs, mytholgy or history were the worst kind. I have to admit, I was wrong. Beowulf is BY FAR the most disgracing piece of computer images put together. If you have read the book the film is absurd. If you haven't it's demented. Thank Odin the book is miles and LEAGUES away from the piece of junk the collaborators of this retardation came up with. If Beowulf was anything like what was presented in the film, then the "Lord of the Rings" would have been called "The Grey King's Biography" and it would have been written by someone else. In short; if any Geatish hero still exists, I call upon thee, to slay the producers and director of this atrocity. These are the only monsters that endager your kingdom. Expand
  4. Nov 28, 2012
    It's a pretty film, but its fairly off-putting plot and characters make it a truly unsavory film experience.

1. Director Robert Zemeckis not only deploys 21st century movie technology at its finest to turn the heroic poem into a vibrant, nerve-tingling piece of pop culture, but his film actually makes sense of Beowulf. In Zemeckis' hands, it's an intriguing look at a hero as a flawed human being.
  2. Reviewed by: Justin Chang
    For all its visual sweep and propulsively violent action, this bloodthirsty rendition of the Old English epic can't overcome the disadvantage of being enacted by digital waxworks rather than flesh-and-blood Danes and demons.
  3. Reviewed by: Tom Ambrose
    It’s not a reinvention of the wheel, but in 3D this is an astonishing experience that borders on ‘must-see’, and raises the bar for what James Cameron is planning with Avatar. And you’ll be glad to know that the creepy dead eyes thing has been fixed.