Big Night

8.8

1. BlancoA.
    Sep 30, 2001
    Seriously, if you don't cook or have access to people in your family or circle of friends who cook, don't see this movie!! The food looks just too good to go back to fast food. Trust me, I know. The acting is brilliant and the story is beautiful.
  2. TessaD.
    Aug 4, 2002
    Brilliantly thought out, with superb acting on the parts of Tucci, Shalhoub and Holm, the movie delivers all the goods, and a side dish to boot. A celebration of life and love, the film has a big heart. A must-see for anyone who has a stomach, and especially for anyone who has a little Italian pride, this one hits home. A real triumph!
  3. MarcoV.
    Aug 4, 2002
    Amazing, delicous, heartbreaking and simply beautiful. A film is to be treasured and recognized as a tribute to the American Dream. This film will fill your plate, and warm your heart.
  4. BobH.
    Aug 19, 2001
    A delightful character study, filled with subtle humor and insights. Tucci and Shalhoub are marvelous, and the final scene is an understated delight. A must see, although not on an empty stomach -- you'll long for Italian food throughout.
  5. TravisR.
    Sep 15, 2005
    It is perfect.
  6. DavidO.
    Aug 31, 2006
    One of the finest "little movies" of the last 30 years. An absolute gem full of spot-on acting and wonderful writing.
  7. MichaelA.
    Mar 21, 2003
    I loved it.....real and warm.....great acting and a great script.
  8. AndyM.
    Dec 19, 2002
    So good, a moving movie with plenty of character and wonderful moments of pure food delight...simple and excellent.
  9. Dec 29, 2014
    I just thought I'd come here and say that I need movies like this in my life. Genuine, indulgent, subtle, aching. In short, done with palpable care...
  10. Jun 5, 2012
    Piece of Advice DON'T WATCH THIS MOVIE WHILE YOUR HUNGRY!!! YOU WILL RESOLVE TO CANNIBALISM! But seriously, this was a really good film. It was about two brothers who own a lovely italian restaurant with authentic cuisine.....BUT They're are losing customers fast as a new restaurant with not classical, but more 'joking around' kind of food takes all there business. Will a 'Big Night' ofPiece of Advice DON'T WATCH THIS MOVIE WHILE YOUR HUNGRY!!! YOU WILL RESOLVE TO CANNIBALISM! But seriously, this was a really good film. It was about two brothers who own a lovely italian restaurant with authentic cuisine.....BUT They're are losing customers fast as a new restaurant with not classical, but more 'joking around' kind of food takes all there business. Will a 'Big Night' of cooking and preparing for a HUGE dinner party with a special guest save the restaurant? Overall, great film. Expand
  11. Jan 13, 2015
    Sometimes a movie is perfect, its rare but sometimes it happens. This is a very rare movie!

Every element of this movie works with ease and subtle perfection. There is not a bad performance by any actor involved, the script, the pace, the direction, production, heck everything about this movie makes me feel joy. It feels like a long time since a movie made me feel warm inside.

It feels like a long time since a movie made me feel warm inside.

Thank you to all involved in the making of BIG NIGHT, you've improved my life. X

In addition to their deft skill with light drama, the directors understand well-placed humor, and throw just the right amount of comedy into the mix to make Big Night fun without turning it into an outright farce.
  2. Reviewed by: Sean Means
    It's so good, so jam-packed with delights, that it leaves you gorged -- and bemoaning the fatty glop that passes for moviemaking these days.
  3. Reviewed by: Mike Clark