8.0

1. Jul 25, 2014
    Dark, frivolous, psychotic, schizophrenic, ironic, surreal, astonishing. A great allegory. A complete success regarding filming, scenes, scenarios, performances, plot and twists. A crazy precious pearl. A slap in the face and mind.
  2. chw
    Jul 18, 2014
    Black Swan was a pretty good movie, very well acted, but it was so disturbing at times that made me have to take a breather because it was THAT disturbing.
  3. Jun 21, 2014
    Not a type of movie that I would typically enjoy but I did enjoy this one. It was really dark and played with your mind a lot which I though was really well done. Good acting by all makes this an enjoyable watch.
  4. Jun 18, 2014
    Darren Aronofsky is quickly becoming one of my favorite directors and Black Swan is a shining example of why that is happening. Here, he crafts a film that perfectly fits the bill of "psychological thriller" as this one is absolutely terrifying at times, but always leaves you searching for answers as you are never quite certain what exactly happened. Throughout, we follow the clearly disturbed Nina, played by Natalie Portman, who absolutely kills it here. Her descent into madness is beautifully constructed and portrayed by Aronofsky as it almost makes us feel as though we are going insane right along with her. Mila Kunis and Vincent Cassel also have good supporting roles here. The only thing against this one was that it was a little slow going in the beginning, however, once it really kicks in high gear, it is completely engrossing as you follow every twist and turn and try to wrap your head around what you just watched. This film is certainly jarring and is "perfect", just as Nina would want. Really, this one deserves all of the plaudits it received and really lived up to the hype for me. Expand
  5. May 1, 2014
    Maybe it's the acting, maybe it's the perfect scrip, maybe are the musical numbers that makes this movie a perfect psychological thriller, with a storytelling technique unlike any other.
  6. Apr 20, 2014
    Disturbing. I questioned my own sanity after watching this. I started doubting every single reflection in the mirror, in the bathtub. This movie is hauntingly realistic, with Natalie Portman's acting dragging me into this wormhole.
  7. Mar 5, 2014
    Every thing about this movie is amazing, the acting is flawless, the character development feels real and natural, and the story unfolds in a darkly beautiful way. The camera shots and atmosphere are also very hauntingly gorgeous and help create the tone for the movie. This movie is definitely worth your time and is without a doubt one of the most spectacular movies I have ever seen.
  8. Mar 1, 2014
    I like how Aronofsky can make that depressive atmosphere in his movies and you feel that tension and constant menace all along. This one is even more a thriller rather than a drama. Very good characters by Natalie Portman, Vincent Cassel, Mila Kunis and Barbara Hershey . Also Winona Ryder made a decent job though I didn't even recognize her.
  9. Jan 27, 2014
    Buenísima película. Excelente trabajo de todos los actores y actrices, en especial de Natalie Portman y Mila Kunis. Una excelente película para ver, entretenerse y pensar. Recomendable
  10. Nov 30, 2013
    Never lost my attention for a second. My mind was so invested into what would occur next. Natalie Portman and the rest of the cast were great. It was freaky and passionate which makes it truly stand alone.
  11. Nov 21, 2013
    Black Swan has all the sexy hype, but it's not a finished movie. It's half baked at times. The photography is brilliant and Darren has good direction after his past films. Natalie Portman was great as Lily and Kunis as Nina. The film is visually good but the story is very cheesy. It's dark and romantic, but Black Swan holds its barriers till the end- which dissapoints. It's a twisted and psychic film. It works for the most part. Expand
  12. Oct 7, 2013
    Aronofsky brings to public a film full of anguish. "Black Swan" is Odyssey of madness. Nina leads us to obsessive way. Since first moment, you known that Nina isn't right. It could be horror, familiar and professional pressure but Nina brings us self-destructive spiral. We are witnesses of beautiful insanity. Film is wonderful but it is not totally original. Satoshi Kon's "Perfect Blue" is more perfect than "Black Swan" although "Black Swan" is great too. Expand
  13. Jul 21, 2013
    First take a five gallon bucket. Add stinky rotted vagina slime and some diarrhea together and stir in the bucket.
    Next take out your wiener and urinate into that bucket lightly covering the diarrhea and vagina slime.
    Meanwhile ask several of your friends over and have them all take turns pinching huge massive loafs into the bucket. When they are done stir up the mixture with a tree
    branch while adding six to seven old stinky rotted oysters. Continue stirring while you extract the pound of sausage you've been storing up inside of your own anus or sphincter or butt hole and place it into the mixture. Then rocket squirt your own diarrhea into the bucket followed by seventeen cups of acid filled vomit. Mix that all together and then let it bake in the sun for approximately 2 hours. After that let it sit outside on your porch to rot for about 3 weeks. When you return and look into the bucket you will see that this mixture has turned into the movie BLACK SWAN Expand
  14. Jun 29, 2013
    Great script with a strong, engaging storyline. Excellent acting throughout but a film about a ballet dancer losing her marbles just didn't interest me enough
  15. Jun 20, 2013
    This film was extraordinary like Requiem was. Natalie Portman was more than fabulous and gorgeous. The plot is really smart and first-saw. Mila Kunis was great too. I liked the ending and that twist that it had. Black Swan is one of the greatest thriller ever made in the history of cinema and i think it's a masterpiece
  16. Jun 7, 2013
    Visceral, tragic, disturbing, beautiful, inspiring, terrifying, sexy, passionate, and surreal... Black Swan is one of my favorite films. It shook me to my core when I saw it. The ending is absolutely beautiful and had me in tears, and the score is beautiful and creepy. Portman's best film. Inspiring and terrifying on many levels.
  17. May 20, 2013
    Good trailer.
    Better actress.
    Best movie.
    Natalie Portman can act so convincing and serious.
    The film combines music and dance perfectly with Psycho and elements of horror.
  18. Mar 29, 2013
    sorry to break it to you fan boys but this movie is overrated the story is confusing Natalie Portman performance was solid but that can be said about anyone that will take her part in the movie the writing was awkward and don't even get me started on the homosexual parts of the movie.
  19. Mar 24, 2013
    How far is able to get people to achieve unattainable perfection? because in this film, Aronofsky shows us how a simple ballerina, destroys everything around it for only perfect in an innocent role (in my opinion) and white swan and the evil Black Swan in the famous production of lake of swans, but all it gives a great turn and finish destroying it completely. 'black swan' talks about what to sacrifice a performer to embody a role. Leave out the downside because the script demands it can be a way to open a Pandora's box that was better than remain under lock and key. Using all the resources of traditional horror, such as sound scares, sudden apparitions or visions, confusions Aronofsky creates numerous situations of fear, coupled with the interpretation and dramatic context of the rest of the film, may seem out of tune. The film is borderline, and with a tap to the side, lose balance and be grotesque or ridiculous. But the movie has its own elegance in its production design, but the music reminds me a little of the music of Harry Potter, not me, I just rang me. Of course not all the music, just a song, because as the same sound with Potter, it may not be true, but that I think. We are facing a psychological horror film, a genre that I like a lot but here sule used that concept very well, the large team of writers has done an excellent job of being able, not only to portray the madness and spreading despair, but also to exploit the full potential, but without going over, though, as I say, they were close to the line.
    Now if, now if Natalie Portman Starring achieving a majestic, splendid in all facets of his character and surprising in its transformation. The effort of the actress to embody the rich and complicated role that has faced is more than rewarded, definitivament the Oscar goes to her. Other characters serve a different purpose each involution in suffering going swan queen.
    An interesting paper which makes Mila Kunis who surprises with a brilliant interpretation, that works sometimes counterpoint and other alter ego of the principal. Vincent Cassel is perfect in an enigmatic character who carries the catalyst to trigger all the fire that Nina had inside: it is the motivation for her to undergo metamorphosis.
    The movie is good in every sense, but you have to admit you have scenes and boring and pointless, plus lots of sex scene, I think that influence aydo to see this film, but it's a good book to enjoy. Definitely not to be missed.
    My Score: 9.3
  20. Mar 17, 2013
    a pathetic man's fantasy combined with tricks to convince commercial retards that they're watching an intellectually challenging drama full of culture. Overly dramatic, poorly scripted,a used up ridiculous plot and zero entertainment. It was like watching a cheap street drug addicted prostitute wearing plastering cosmetics in her effort to look beautiful. Or college kids wearing trendy glasses, woolly scarves and holding a copy of War and Peace whilst secretly reading Twilight. Expand
  21. Mar 15, 2013
    Black swan is the most beautiful and interesting film of the year from a genius as Derren Aronofsky.Nina Sayers is a young professional dancer in the New York city ballet company that dreams to become the prime ballerina in the new production of the Swan lake by the artistic director Leroy(Vincent Cassel).She has an obsessive mother,Erica(Barbara Hershey), that makes her life somewhat complicated as she is driven by jealousy towards her daughter. After the former prime dancer Beth Macintyre(Winona Ryder) is forced to retire by Leroy,Nina successfully is cast as Odette,the swan queen.But a mysterious new dancer Lily(Mila Kunis)becomes her most dangerous rival.Darren Aronovsky is a master. One of the greatest director out there.His direction is visionary and everything but ordinary.The pace of the film is really engaging and the script has truly original aspects.The movie has really absorbing moments as the transformation of Nina in the Black swan and her desperation that it is difficult to not be drawn.The depiction of her obsession for the perfection and increasing mental disorder is quite fascinating.The soundtrack is outstanding although it's not original but it's taken from the musical.But it adds to the general beauty of the film and express the characters feeling and the roles they have in the story. Natalie Portman,in her first adult role,excels as the leading character.This is her most complex role and she is exceptional and her first great turn after Closer.Her Oscar Award was completely deserved. Mila Kunis is adequate to the role,but honestly I didn't catch all the praises she gained for her performance.Her role is the easiest and she is an average actress. Vincent Cassel plays "extremely" well the same character(that is inspired by his own personality)in every movie.That's all.And not too much I have to say. Barbara Hershey is truly a gem and she deserved more recognition for her complex role ,she is never over the top although her role could have been played with exaggeration.She is a really great actress.She should have been nominated for an Oscar. Winona Ryder,in her brief role as the fallen prime dancer,was a scene stealer.In only three scenes she is haunting,damned, desperate,intoxicated and angry and was truly mesmerizing.My vote is 10/10 Expand
  22. Mar 9, 2013
    Absolutely a critic and a show, this movie it's exposing the bad and competitive side of the dance, and also showing the process of paranoia and perfectionism, and what they can do with us, great single history and message. Watch it!
  23. Feb 20, 2013
    Darkest and most meaningful movie that I've seen up to this point. It absolutely has something new to say and it doesn't bother the audience by old ideas.
  24. Jan 8, 2013
    I disliked the main character, it isn't inspirational, it doesn't teach you anything, it isn't funny, most of the characters are empty, and it is a sexist movie, what a waste, it deserves a 0 out of 10.
  25. Dec 29, 2012
    Great movie. It's got a lot of passion and talent on stage. I love Portman's sensibility in this film. Sometimes it seem boring or long, but it isn't. I really like it
  26. Dec 20, 2012
    This is a psychological movie. It is all within the mind, or is it? Dark, daring and incredibly well acted...this may very well be a classic one day. I enjoyed i! Great acting, script, direction. A thriller!
  27. Zal
    Dec 20, 2012
    Such a beautiful and disturbing movie with fantastic performances by its cast. Natalie Portman is preparing for her role in Swan Lake while going through her own version and the psychological impact it has on her. I could feel the pain and suffering her character had to endure. The three characters that have a big impact on her are the director, a rival dancer, and her mother and all are key in her character's downfall. However, in the end, the one person she has to overcome is herself.

I don't want to say too much about this movie because I think it should be experienced by all at least once.

This is not a movie for everyone, but I enjoyed it and while it's not perfect, its flaws don't overshadow its strengths.
  28. Dec 19, 2012
    This is the most OVERRATED movie of 2010, it has pretty bad picture, the story was kind of interesting but at the same time it make me think that it was just someone's wet dream brought to the big screen. It has a very bad ending too. Couldn't see the artistic part of the movie. But it may be a good option to watch on a weekend if you couldn't find anything else on the T.V.
  29. Dec 9, 2012
    Man what a film. Forget whether you do or don't like ballet, this is a surreal and intense thriller/horror almost in the vain of some of Stephen kings old stuff. Brilliant, disturbing imagery in parts, a great pace, always entertaining and suspenseful. Drags you deeper and deeper into madness and totally delivers at the end. A masterpiece really.
  30. Dec 8, 2012
    Yes! Another brilliant masterpiece from director, Darren Aronofsky. For me, Black Swan is the perfect example of a modern classic film. A true piece of art, simply astounding in every way.

Immediately after the opening credits, the film left a tense, uneasy feeling in my gut. The atmosphere was established, and I was instantly at the edge of my seat, knowing that something was off. I
    was immediately taken into the film, making the experience one of the best I've ever had.

The brilliant musical score was very effective in establishing the dark tones, as was the perfect cinematography. The use of color in the film was excellent. Blacks and Whites dominated the color palette of the film, establishing the dark tone, but also to furthur emphasizing the idea of good vs. evil.

The acting was excellent. Stunning performances by supporting cast members Barbara Hershey, Winona Ryder, Vincent Cassel, and especially Mila Kunis, who is really showing herself to be a talented young actress with a bright future. Natalie Portman gives the best performance though. In fact, it's the best of her career...she is this film. She portrayed every emotion with a level of maturity and grace that I have never seen before. Her character, Nina, changes so much as the film goes on, but Portman handles the role perfectly. It truly was a brilliant performance, worthy of every praise it received. She more than definitely deserved her Oscar for Best Actress!

The last 40 minutes of the film were pure gold. Some of the best film scenes I have ever seen. The intensity, conflict, horror, art, music, acting, emotion, passion, cinematography, choreography...it was perfect! "I felt it. Perfect. It was perfect!"

Black Swan is a brilliant, brilliant film. Nominated for 5 Academy Awards including Best Picture, Best Director, Best Cinematography, and winner of 1 Academy Award (Best Actress - Natalie Portman), this film is must see! Unlike any other film. Black Swan: I recommend it!

1. Reviewed by: Dan Jolin
    Jan 17, 2011
    An extraordinary, intoxicating movie. Its hard, twisted edges may turn off some, but there's no faulting either Aronofsky's technical mastery or Portman's flawless performance.
  2. Reviewed by: Kristin Hunt
    Jan 6, 2011
    Just like the final performance by its deeply disturbed heroine, Black Swan is perfect.
  3. Reviewed by: Mike Scott
    Dec 17, 2010
    Arriving with a savage grace, director Darren Aronofsky's nightmare-come-to-life Black Swan cements his reputation not only as one of the more daring filmmakers of his generation, but also as an actor's director of the first order.