Blade: Trinity

2.7

1. MarcoR.
    Sep 2, 2006
    Very good movie, lots of great cameras and angles, the chics are hot, I really liked it a lot! I don't recommend it to people who don't like vampire tales, they won't like it, maybe that's why it got such bad reviews.
  2. Sep 12, 2014
    Third part of the series - and in my opinion, the weakest. Not that the movie is bad, really, but it lacks a lot, repeating the earlier two parts and failing to make you laugh. The jokes are just too weak, and done for the sake of doing them.

The style is relaxed - even too much so. The character of Hannibal King is a complete joke, Abigail Whistler has no real depth, and Blade is a shadow of himself. Only one who is given a chance to be something is Drake, but given the general structure of the movie, that really doesn't traslate too well.

Altogether, the characters are just thrown in, and whenever something is explained, it is done like tutoring an ignorant child; like a lesson.

There are more than a few slashy remarks, but they seem almost forced and underlined while repeated, losing their effect completely and becoming almost annoying.
  3. Sharon
    Dec 8, 2004
    Only worthwhile for Ryan Reynolds. Give this guy some more action films now! He almost saves the film, but not quite. Wesley seems tired, the dialogue is awful and the plot is a mess. Dracula has never been less scary. And what's with all the iPod product placement? Dumb.
  4. MelissaMe
    Dec 11, 2004
    Blade fans will be pleased well enough, but it could have been better. Thank you for a great character, Mr. Snipes.
  5. OliverB.
    Dec 6, 2004
    Excellent the best of the trilogy.
  6. ThomY.
    Dec 8, 2004
    If you don't like these kind of movies, why the heck would you go see it? You know what you're getting, it's on the poster, you know the one with Wesley Snipes in sunglasses at night with tatoos on his neck and head: a movie that is the second sequel to a movie about vampire hunting. What are these people expecting? It's better than the other two and the action and sfx If you don't like these kind of movies, why the heck would you go see it? You know what you're getting, it's on the poster, you know the one with Wesley Snipes in sunglasses at night with tatoos on his neck and head: a movie that is the second sequel to a movie about vampire hunting. What are these people expecting? It's better than the other two and the action and sfx are dead on. It's ridiculous, pure escapism. Ignore the reviews, if you're thinking about seeing it, you'll be more than satisfied with these two hours of non-stop senseless violence and gore. Seriously, one of the best action movies I've seen in recent memory, fans will not be disappointed. Expand
  7. evilD
    Nov 21, 2005
    Let's face it: these are not, nor are they intended to be cinematic masterpieces. These are just mindless summer action flicks intended for a few hour's entertainment and then forgotten. With THAT in mind, in my opinion this is one series that actually IMPROVES with each sequel. Really, they're just re-making the same movie over and over, but they distill the plot down to Let's face it: these are not, nor are they intended to be cinematic masterpieces. These are just mindless summer action flicks intended for a few hour's entertainment and then forgotten. With THAT in mind, in my opinion this is one series that actually IMPROVES with each sequel. Really, they're just re-making the same movie over and over, but they distill the plot down to its basics and focus on the action more and more each time. The first movie was, frankly, a shadow of what the series has become. The first movie was just to establish a universe for the other movies to exist in. The second movie jumped right into the action, discarding any attempt at character development in exchange for more violence. And THIS movie is just a further distillation of the formula used in the Blade II. All three films are extremely cheesy, with badly written dialogue and all, but bear in mind we're talking about a flick based on a COMIC BOOK, and not a particularly popular one at that. So considering all of the above, this was a very entertaining movie. I thoroughly enjoyed this hour and a half of pure pulp, because I had ABSOLUTELY NO EXPECTATIONS for it. I learned very early in life that disappointment is ALWAYS preceded by expectation, so I expect nothing from anything, rendering me essentially incapable of disappointment. And so this was a pleasant surprise, if not at all worth a purchase, even from the bargain bin, but a good weekend rental nontheless. Expand
  8. AndyB.
    Jan 23, 2005
    In almost every action movie you have to get over the fact that the hereos are able to take on 10x the amount of opponents and generally come out on top. If you accept that fact for this movie then you will definitely enjoy yourself. The action sequences are great and the movie is surprisingly funny thanks to Ryan Reynolds. Definitely worth going to see in the theatre.
  9. JillianH.
    Feb 26, 2005
    My god it was good, full of action!
  10. PeterH.
    May 27, 2005
    Overall this is a dissapointment after the first two. It was very cheesy in some points and i personally think Blade talked a little to much for his silent but deadly character. but i think that people have been a little bit extreme in their 0 ratings of this movie. As a blade movie, i'd rate it a disapointing 5. but as a standard action movie, i'll give it a 7. if you look past Overall this is a dissapointment after the first two. It was very cheesy in some points and i personally think Blade talked a little to much for his silent but deadly character. but i think that people have been a little bit extreme in their 0 ratings of this movie. As a blade movie, i'd rate it a disapointing 5. but as a standard action movie, i'll give it a 7. if you look past the expectations of the first movies, you may find you actually enjoy yourself, and some of the King scenes are actually funny (King running from a vampire polmeranian). Expand
  11. cm
    Jun 14, 2005
    As the review put it best ... "it won't linger in the mind too long, but it's good action eye candy while it lasts". I agree 100%. I thought it was a really good throw away action movie with awesome graphics and kick butt action.
  12. PhillipR.
    Dec 11, 2004
    If you like big vampire brawls, sword play and rambo style shooting, you'll enjoy this movie. While I think Blade II is the best of the series, this ones no passover either, they added some missing elements to this one. Some extreme eye candy in the form of Jessica Biel and some comic relief in the form of Ryan Reynolds. My biggest complaints with this movie would be the way they If you like big vampire brawls, sword play and rambo style shooting, you'll enjoy this movie. While I think Blade II is the best of the series, this ones no passover either, they added some missing elements to this one. Some extreme eye candy in the form of Jessica Biel and some comic relief in the form of Ryan Reynolds. My biggest complaints with this movie would be the way they spot lighted the 2 new characters, and the fact that dracula was so very un-intimidating, but I enjoyed the movie none the less, and anyone that enjoyed the first movies would as well. Expand
  13. Pat
    Dec 3, 2004
    Sits nicely in the middle of the 3 films. Not as great as the underrated genius of Blade II, but tonnes more exciting than the original. I don't think anyone could possibly come away from it with too many negative feelings toward it -- finally an action film in 2004 that isn't woeful!
  14. EloiP.
    Dec 7, 2004
    Biel and Posey bring a lot to this series, and Reynolds is hilaroius. Keep your expectations at a reasonable level and you'll have a great time with this one. The casting choice of "John Doe" as the pure vampire might not have been wise, (even though he looks like Jovi), it still works.
  15. SchmuckH.
    Dec 8, 2004
    BLADE: TRINITY is certainly not as bad as others make it out to be, but the film is also far from the highlight reel of this red-blooded stepchild of the Marvel Universe. The first half's pacing was a bit out of sync (perhaps far too many events for the first hour), but the second half rachets up the tension and action to an acceptable level. If anything, TRINITY puts the stake in a BLADE: TRINITY is certainly not as bad as others make it out to be, but the film is also far from the highlight reel of this red-blooded stepchild of the Marvel Universe. The first half's pacing was a bit out of sync (perhaps far too many events for the first hour), but the second half rachets up the tension and action to an acceptable level. If anything, TRINITY puts the stake in a franchise all too soon. While there are rumors of a possible spin-off series to focus on Jessica Biel and Ryan Reynold's characters, it would be sad to see the real lead -- Blade -- ride off into the sunset, given the fact that would be the mother of all ironies for the Daywalker. Expand
  16. tianna
    Dec 11, 2004
    This movie was awesome. Jessica kicked butt and Ryan was hilarious. I enjoyed this movie the most out of the trilogy!!!
  17. DanaM.
    Dec 27, 2004
    I didn't expect any Oscar performances in this movie and didn't get any, but thiis was good entertainment. It certainly is not Matrix, but still povided good eye-candy special effects. Hope these actors got paid based upon the frquency of the "F" word.
  18. Mar 13, 2016
    The action sequences were well made,the acting wasn't bad at all and the cinematography was really good at times.But, unfortunately, the new characters were boring and uninteresting,there was some plot holes here, the movie was rushed to the conclusion and it was not as entertaining/violent/bloody as the other Blade movies.

1. Thankfully, Reynolds (bearded, looking a bit like Jason Lee) adds some scrappiness and humor to a series that might otherwise have collapsed under self-parody.
  2. Should reasonably please fans of the genre before assuming its place in the horror section of your local video store.
  3. Reviewed by: Dennis Harvey
    Won't linger in the memory long, but gives pretty good action eye-candy while it's going.