7.3

1. Jun 22, 2012
    Brave is a simple story, but told with such depth and magic it is hard not to love this movie. It isn't the studios best but it sure is great. Wonderfully voice acted by Kelly McDonald and the rest of the cast. And it is expertly and beautifully animated with wonderful detail. It is funny, emotionally resonant, and altogether beautiful. I give this movie 95%.
  2. Jun 22, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This does not stand up to Pixar's other work. It's sloppy and poorly executed, in short. It's overstuffed with plot threads and conflict but fails to find resolution for any or find a reasonable way to tie them together. It ended up being thematically contradictory. And maybe worst of all, it ended up being way more boring than it needed to be; the plot was so totally without ambition or surprise, it lacked interest as well. Let's talk specifics.

Who was the main villain? Was it the twisted witch who created the spell that turned the queen into a bear? I guess not, because she disappeared in the middle of the movie. Was it the other clan heads? I don't think so, since they all joined together with the protagonists in the end--after we were told (and never, ever shown) that they had actually been best friends the whole time. So I guess it was the big evil bear who serves as the final boss then, huh?

What was up with that bear anyway? Okay, so he used to be a prince but he tried to change his fate and was inadvertently punished by becoming a bear. So he's like a symbol of how we shouldn't try to change our fate, I guess? And then he attacks the clansmen because of his lingering, ill-advised drive to overtake them and become supreme ruler, right? Well, no, because after he's killed we see his spirit, and his spirit is apparently relieved and thankful that he was freed from the bear. And if the queen is any example, he had long since been acting totally under bear impulses the whole time. So the main villain was basically a wild bear and only ever enters the film because he just happened to be around, we guess? And then we had to kill him? Was anything in the film resolved with his death, besides just one less bear in the forest?

How DID they kill him? Did the main character get to use her archery skills which were pretty heavily established by the first act, and every trailer and poster and promotional artwork for the film? Nope! Did the father finally have his revenge on the evil bear, which is pretty much all he ever talked about doing? Nope! Oh, maybe the clansmen all joined together and showed their renewed unity by defeating the legendary bear monster! Nope, that wasn't it. The mother and daughter join forces kinda but are pretty useless against the final boss, and instead they end up killing him by pushing a stonehedge rock on him. Which is pretty confusing, thematically, since the stonehedge rocks _also_ represented changing of fate in some weird way. And then the traitorous prince spirit gets relief, so... what are we even saying here? That he deserved to go free? Seriously, what point is being made here? Is changing your destiny good or bad?

And hey for that matter why does the heroine always talk about "changing her fate" like that's a real, concrete thing that people can just do? So much of this destiny-speak just honestly comes off sounding like gibberish. And also also what the HECK was up the unbearably cheesy montages over unbearably cheesy female vocals? Where you hear a musical number about reaching for the stars while the daughter rides around on her horse with her hair rushing in the breeze? It's just silly.

There's just so much wrong and so little time to illuminate all of it. Somebody needed to spend more time thinking about this and tightening the script.
  3. Jul 4, 2012
    Although with its uneven pacing and really, really terrible jokes, Pixar is still deliver its best. I found Brave is pure, heart-warming and beautiful. I can't stand to mother-daughter drama, I even cry when the battle scene. One of the best releases so far.
  4. Sep 20, 2012
    Brave is an odd one from Pixar, they have never made a movie quite like this one before. Which is strange as it is really rather traditional, but seeing as Pixar has never done traditional before it makes "Brave" really stand out. Due to this fact it is hard to rank Brave up along with the rest of Pixar's films, as it is just too different. Now, the film strongly reminds me of "How ToBrave is an odd one from Pixar, they have never made a movie quite like this one before. Which is strange as it is really rather traditional, but seeing as Pixar has never done traditional before it makes "Brave" really stand out. Due to this fact it is hard to rank Brave up along with the rest of Pixar's films, as it is just too different. Now, the film strongly reminds me of "How To Train Your Dragon", which is no bad thing, but the humour is much more in the veins of the "Aardman cartoons" in its style. Without giving anything away, Brave is about a girl and her mum, learning to love each other: another classic storyline. As per usual in Pixar films Brave's voice acting is top of the line, offering the best of Scottish talent in great and finely tuned characters. There is one problem really, we didn't really get enough time with many of the characters which is a bit of a wasted opportunity as they are all fantastic and many of them provide the comedy throughout the film (like one of the other tribe's son's voice is impossible to comprehend, a very funny recurring joke, as no one else in the film can understand him either). All in all I don't think it's one of Pixar's best, but it does oddly stand out if you know about Pixar films, it is a little too short however, which is a shame as an extra 15 minutes would have worked wonders. 87/100. Expand
  5. Feb 5, 2013
    Of all the Pixar films, this one has me REALLY conflicted as to my opinion of it. The first 30 minutes set up a movie that looks to be something of legend. Then, it goes all Disney on me!? Totally changing the narrative to something else completely. A real shame. Had it continued the way it was going, it would have been phenomenal. But, that mild disappointment aside: It still manages toOf all the Pixar films, this one has me REALLY conflicted as to my opinion of it. The first 30 minutes set up a movie that looks to be something of legend. Then, it goes all Disney on me!? Totally changing the narrative to something else completely. A real shame. Had it continued the way it was going, it would have been phenomenal. But, that mild disappointment aside: It still manages to be very charming and delivers a movie worthy of Disney Pixar. If anything this is the first Pixar film I can say is a perfect example of the two studios working together as one. Animation is spectacular. Voice acting is excellent. Writing is. Is! Is? A little disjointed but that aside still rather charming. Overall: A real shame that the movie wasn't "Brave" enough to be a bit more daring and take the leap that it looked like it was going to. Still, the Disney route was still allot of fun too. Expand
  6. Jul 3, 2012
    While this is not Pixar's greatest film. It looks incredible and the simple story allows the tension and depth of the characters show through. Every character is given room to breathe, and the story is more fun and scary (at times) because of it. Very enjoyable.
  7. Jan 7, 2013
    i liked brave, but ot as much as i'd hoped. granted, the last pixar movie i've seen is up, and that one is in my top 10 movies ever seen. brave played out like a sort of standard fantasy adventure movie, but as one of those, it's still a good movie.
  8. Dec 30, 2012
    Brave was a film set up to fail. During the time Disney was coming back from Cars 2 and John Carter so this wasn't looked at in the best light. Also its something entirely different for Pixar. But as soon as watch in awe the first act you are set up for a classic....you don't get a classic but you get a very very good movie. The visuals are spectacular....also one of the best examples forBrave was a film set up to fail. During the time Disney was coming back from Cars 2 and John Carter so this wasn't looked at in the best light. Also its something entirely different for Pixar. But as soon as watch in awe the first act you are set up for a classic....you don't get a classic but you get a very very good movie. The visuals are spectacular....also one of the best examples for 3D. The story is also very good...a nod to the mother-daughter relationship. As you can see this movie is set around the women...the men are well idiots to say the least, except for the triplets they are on a class of their own. The plot is great the only thing that it lacks is that edge. Even if its something new for Pixar its not entirely new for Disney. Expand
  9. Dec 11, 2012
    Inadvertently I have watched this two Disney animations hand-in-hand (TANGLED is from the orthodox Disney branch while BRAVE is its flagship Pixar production), which seems to be a perfect paradigm to juxtapose them together and to dissect the state-of-the-art tendency of the mainstream genre (enormously profitable since its chief target are zero in on family with children, so it has aInadvertently I have watched this two Disney animations hand-in-hand (TANGLED is from the orthodox Disney branch while BRAVE is its flagship Pixar production), which seems to be a perfect paradigm to juxtapose them together and to dissect the state-of-the-art tendency of the mainstream genre (enormously profitable since its chief target are zero in on family with children, so it has a much more important and instructive obligation other than merely an entertainment for the toddlers and above). Coincidentally both films' heroines are princess (Rapunzel in TANGLED and a Scottish Merida in BRAVE), adapted from Grimm Brothers' tale, TANGLED is supremely reminiscent of Disney's other established princess analogs trapped in a magic world, let's say Snow White, Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella, what's more, there will always be a prince-charming to deserve and requite her love. Wisely Rapunzel's Flynn Rider has been sizeably modernized as a reckless, self-mocking yet conservatively "Disney" prince with a thief background. But in BRAVE, Merida is a much more radical rebel by blood, she doesn't have or need a prince with white horse (the film doesn't care to proffer one since all her tribe suitors are one-of-a-kind wackos), she is fighting against her predestined life path which her mother has arranged for her and her status has requested her, a tad thread-bone notwithstanding, but chronicling with a single-linear arc, the mother-daughter predicament has slipped to the hanging-by-a-thread situation when a magic spell transfigures the Queen's appearance into a bear which cannot be recanted after the second sunrise, therefore, instigates an intimate bonding phase for the two, viscerally the mutual love only exudes when something unusual happens, while living in the mundane life, we are all suffering and grated by the love with a insurmountable generation gap. Rapunzel, on the other hand, her main barrier is the ultimate breakthrough from her "mother" Gothel (a greatly overlooked Donna Murphy), who raises her and locks her up in the tower for 18 years, treats her as her own out of a selfish but very understandable motivation (to rejuvenate her youth), but out of any sequential transition, all of a sudden Rapunzel miraculously remember her princess identity (she was taken away when she was an infant, so I doubt there is any memory there, more like an implausible epiphany or actually a screenwriter's block), what's more unbelievably awkward is that she immediately snarls back to her "mother" as if all the recollections of Gothel's evil scheme has been replayed in front of her eyes and she has been tortured for all that year long (actually she is fairly happy and content alone with her cutesy chameleon) , which I deem as a child's play, very much panders to its core audience of pre-school demography. So, from a vantage point under the contemporary context, BRAVE is far more daring and enthralling from its "no guts no glory" premise, it is able to identify with a way broader audience, which is also the main ingredient of the winsome recipe "why Pixar can keep excelling all its peers (if not itself) on the top-tier of the hierarchy", in spite of that on a technical level, all the major animation studios in Hollywood (DREAMWORKS, BLUE SKY STUDIOS, etc.) are almost equally cutting-edge. Music is Disney's strong suit, the first half of TANGLED is a conventional musical showcase, culminating the saccharine romance with the Oscar-nominated theme-song I SEE THE LIGHT, fusing with an intoxicating lanterns-all-over-the-sky spectacle, this has always been the tactic to emit Disney's overblown sentimentality, I am certain it is no longer an all-age proof method now. In BRAVE, although Kelly Macdonald and Emma Thompson's heavy Scottish accents do not get along with my ears, the exotic score and tunes are generally agreeable, and what's more admirable, it doesn't steal the thunder of the film per se. Honestly speaking after the astonishingly-acclaimed WALL-E (2008, 9/10), UP (2009, 9/10) and TOY STORY 3 (2010, 9/10), I automatically skipped last years CAR 2 (2011), BRAVE is a left-field choice, the scale of the story has been slimmed down to a quite unimaginable mother-daughter clash, even grafting it on the most platitudinous soil of a princess's tale. But by good fortune, the film doesn't smear Pixar's paramount reputation, Merida goes through a well-deployed rite-of-passage and the sub-plots such as the blue wisps, the ancient lore of the discontent brother and the witch's hut are all positioned into the right niche to uplift the mythology and idiosyncrasy of the film. As for TANGLED, Disney will never relinquish its tradition (otherwise Walt Disney will definitely be jumping inside his tomb), and it is also an exquisitely-made piece of work, just unfortunately paled by comparison by BRAVE since there is no sparks glittering and all the chirpy happiness seems synthetic and a bit stale. Expand
  10. Jul 29, 2012
    I remember when Pixar creating good movies, Toy Story, Monsters Inc, The Incredibles, Up, Ratatouille, Wall*e. The last year we watch Cars 2, the ill-fated sequel of Cars. Now they try return with Brave... This new movie is really interesting in some parts but have some things wich appear more of a Disney movie, but the movie is really good. The trama is about Merida (the girl who looksI remember when Pixar creating good movies, Toy Story, Monsters Inc, The Incredibles, Up, Ratatouille, Wall*e. The last year we watch Cars 2, the ill-fated sequel of Cars. Now they try return with Brave... This new movie is really interesting in some parts but have some things wich appear more of a Disney movie, but the movie is really good. The trama is about Merida (the girl who looks like Shaun White) a girl who wan't reign, after she transforms her mother into a bear (yes like in Brother Bear), but the people of the kingdom hate the bears and her father try kill her mom, and appear a really bad bear and he was a man. Ok the trama it's same that the Bear Brother trama, but the development is funny and emotive, the animation is really excellent. The characters are amazing have cool moments along the movie. Brave obviusly is not the best Pixar movie, but is better than Cars 2, and with this demostrate that they can return to the throne. Expand
  11. Aug 10, 2012
    After watching this movie in 3D, I said to myself what a great movie that I saw. Brave provide a great style of Pixar that can be watchable by everyone including adults and children. It's the best animation movie that I have seen this year and it will be nominated for Oscar for sure.
  12. Jul 4, 2012
    It's a little late but I finally saw Brave with my 6 year old son. The animation is magnificent, and the storyline takes the fairy tale princess into some uncharted areas. Merida (voiced by Kelly MacDonald) is a ginger-haired princess in medieval Scotland. Her father, King Fergus (voiced by Billy Connolly), is a brute of a man who loses a leg in a fight with a bear called Mor'du. He has aIt's a little late but I finally saw Brave with my 6 year old son. The animation is magnificent, and the storyline takes the fairy tale princess into some uncharted areas. Merida (voiced by Kelly MacDonald) is a ginger-haired princess in medieval Scotland. Her father, King Fergus (voiced by Billy Connolly), is a brute of a man who loses a leg in a fight with a bear called Mor'du. He has a soft heart for his daughter who is also his first-born. From the time she is a tiny girl, he insists on giving her bows and arrows for gifts instead of the usual "girly" gifts, much to the chagrin of her mother, Queen Elinor (voiced by Emma Thompson). The mother/daughter relationship plays a central role in the plot of this film. Queen Elinor is a complex character. She is at once strong, gentle, graceful, assertive, and very much a lady. She knows her place in this world and wants the same for her daughter. All of her parenting decisions are based on preparing Merida for her future as a princess.

At first, it seems like it might be like all the other princess movies: the princess comes of age, the parents want to marry her off to an eligible suitor from a noble family, and she rebels against the tradition. At which point, trouble ensues. But in Brave, the story takes some unexpected turns. After she has trounced her suitors in an archery competition, she takes off on her own in search of her fate. There are some beautiful images in the middle section of the film, complete with airy, phosphorescent Will o' The Wisps and a cunning witch. Never was it more true that one should be careful what you wish for, as you might just get it and all of the unintended consequences that come with it. I want to be careful not to spoil the film for anyone who has not seen it, so if the next bit of the review feels vague, it is intentionally so. Merida wants so badly for her fate to be different than it is, some major changes occur for her and her mother. Being a daughter myself, I can attest to the complex nature of the relationship between a daughter and her mother. Invariably, the wishes of the mother clash with the wishes of the daughter and in a show of independence, a rift sometimes occurs. And sometimes it takes a crisis for both parties to grow and to come to know each other as equals. This must surely occur before a mother and a daughter can have a functional relationship. All of this is brought to life on the screen in Brave. But don't worry. There is plenty of action for the boys in your life. There are kilts and the usual kilt jokes that go along with them. The other clan members are quite funny as voiced by such talented Scots as Kevin McKidd and Craig Ferguson. As I mentioned before, there are bears in the film, and these scenes are quite frightening. They are short, but you might need to warn your little one that it is a Disney film and most things turn out ok. Be prepared for them to beg to leave the theater, though. But it is well worth staying to the end. Use caution with kids under 5 or 6.
  13. Jul 14, 2012
    It was a great movie! This movie has a great levek of depth and magic. It is simply beautiful. There was great humour, intresting characters and most important of all showed great values of family, friendship and self belief. This movie reminds you of those simple things in lifethat make us who we are and sometimes we take forgranted. Its a perfect movie. I highly reccommend it! This movieIt was a great movie! This movie has a great levek of depth and magic. It is simply beautiful. There was great humour, intresting characters and most important of all showed great values of family, friendship and self belief. This movie reminds you of those simple things in lifethat make us who we are and sometimes we take forgranted. Its a perfect movie. I highly reccommend it! This movie deserves greater reviews and scores. Expand
  14. Jul 17, 2012
    This is so far the only movie I have ever been motivated to write a review for, it was a story that I totally got into and lost myself. Seeing the daughter and mother work through their two different life views in this magical world was totally exhilarating. Their transformation both literal, and figurative spreads freedom and the ability to define ones own destiny throughout theirThis is so far the only movie I have ever been motivated to write a review for, it was a story that I totally got into and lost myself. Seeing the daughter and mother work through their two different life views in this magical world was totally exhilarating. Their transformation both literal, and figurative spreads freedom and the ability to define ones own destiny throughout their kingdom. Every young girl should see this movie, if only to realize that the inner strength she holds within is best used when selfishness and petty fears are pushed aside. Expand
  15. Jul 22, 2012
    I absolutely loved this movie. Its one of my favorite Pixar movies and my second favorite movie of the summer (Sorry but The Avengers still reigns supreme). The animation is absolutely amazing and don't even get me started on how gorgeous the animation for Merida's hair is. Don't even bother with the ridiculously lukewarm reviews that the critics have been giving this movie. Go see Brave ASAP!
  16. Dec 7, 2012
    A great animated film that presents the incredible story of a redheaded girl and her magical adventures.
  17. Nov 30, 2012
    "Brave" is yet another beautiful masterpiece from Pixar Studios, telling the story of a Scottish princess who causes chaos in her efforts to be independent, and her gripping adventure to fix it. As can be expected from Pixar, the film is gorgeously animated and a pure joy to watch, and as a whole is one of their more entertaining and intelligent mixes of humor, zaniness, and heartfelt storytelling
  18. Apr 3, 2013
    While Brave is certainly smarter than your average animated film, it nonetheless lacks the charm that permeates nearly every other Pixar film. It's still a very solid film that features some fantastic voice work, but Pixar has yet to return to its true form of masterful animation filmmaking.
  19. Apr 20, 2013
    Brave is new, is simple. Brave is a touching story about mother-daughter relationships.
  20. May 28, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This should not have won best animation(Wreck-It Ralph was much better). While better than Cars 2, I think that the writing was a little weak. It kind of felt like Pirates of the Caribbean 3 when they turned into bears. Not to say I didn't like this movie, but there were better animations in 2012. Expand
  21. Apr 19, 2013
    I don't know why this film rated PG. Bear violence? This should be given an R rating! Nah, just kidding. But however, boys won't like this film like me, and if you expect another masterwork from Pixar, you will be dissapointed.
  22. Apr 27, 2014
    I didn;t think this sound like the best concept for a disney/pixar movie, but me and my friend went to see it because she legit looks like the main character Merida and it was all a bit of a joke really. However, this movie really surprised me, in fact I love it! I will watch it over and over! It's comical and has a great story line which is truly unique to anything else. The movie centresI didn;t think this sound like the best concept for a disney/pixar movie, but me and my friend went to see it because she legit looks like the main character Merida and it was all a bit of a joke really. However, this movie really surprised me, in fact I love it! I will watch it over and over! It's comical and has a great story line which is truly unique to anything else. The movie centres around a strained relationship between mother and daughter which most people can relate to, and how they decide to resolve their problems. Expand
  23. Apr 19, 2013
    An average movie by Pixar, not reaching as strong as some of their past works, but still managing to hold memorable characters and well delivered morals. The main fault of this film is that it moved far into the realm of cliché, and quite early on the audience became more suited for children, but that does not deduct from the overall standards of the films.
  24. Aug 15, 2012
    After a dissapointing Cars 2 from Pixar, I hoped Brave would make it up, and it kinda did. The story is simple and not the best thing of this movie. The characters are superb, there is like this girl named Marida who is in my eyes a badass. Than you have his dad who is like a cool dad, and than you have also other characters who are very nice. The animations are very beautiful with so manyAfter a dissapointing Cars 2 from Pixar, I hoped Brave would make it up, and it kinda did. The story is simple and not the best thing of this movie. The characters are superb, there is like this girl named Marida who is in my eyes a badass. Than you have his dad who is like a cool dad, and than you have also other characters who are very nice. The animations are very beautiful with so many details. But some thing aren't very good: there isn't very much bow and arrow, especially in the second half of the movie, the worst part and the ending is meh. The movie is good but not as you would expect from a Pixar movie. Expand
  25. Aug 10, 2012
    Not on par with your typical Pixar fare, but this is still incredibly well-animated and affecting as an interesting folklore. Also, the development of new animation technology to add 3D layers to the characters should be noted.
  26. Sep 7, 2012
    BRAVE is nothing short of an EPIC FAIL.
    BRAVE is nothing short of an EPIC FAIL.
    I gotta give it to Pixar: even when they screw up, they do it big time. There is no saving this movie, and I have a hard time understanding all the good comments when it's so evident it misses all but the most important spots. Though visually impressive, I've hated it in a way I never expected, even more so because I've loved most of the previous Pixar movies, and respected those I didn't. Why? Because time and again, Pixar has always managed to impress me not just with its technical excellency, but most of all with the profound originality of its plots, the charisma of its characters and the beautifully detailed and rich atmosphere of its movies. There is nothing of that here! The characters are completely flat, unbelievable cliches, and Merida itself is the worst of them all, I've stopped tolerating her after like 5 minutes. The movie, more or less, manages to hold itself together in the first part, but it literally commits suicide in the first ten minutes of the second part and from that moment it's a long and painful downfall to the worst Disney story templates. When the script should capitalize on dramatic moments, it trips over itself with several sequences of bad comedy which, other than not funny, are downright irritating. The villain is virtually non-existent and the whole point of the story resolves in a pesky, predictable mother-daughter relationship renewal. The movie also suffers a lot from the celtic atmosphere remaining largely unexploited. Long story short: weak story, nonexistent characters and predictable outcome made this movie a miserable product way under the expectations. It could have been a great movie if only it had been developed more seriously.
  27. Jul 2, 2012
    Gorgeous, but shallow. While visually stunning -- Pixar really outdid themselves with the animation -- the storyline is cliched and unremarkable. There are some great moments, but this film isn't nearly as moving as some of Pixar's other works. The voice acting is solid, the music is great, but they could have done so much more with the story.
  28. Jul 6, 2012
    Brave Is A Solid Good Movie. I Don't Like How This Can Be The Most Popular Childrens Movie Of 2012 And Then Studiuo Ghibli Is Stuck In The Ground. Watch A Studio Ghibli VS Pixar. GHIBLI ALLWAYS WINS IN MY BOOK!
  29. Nov 16, 2012
    Plot wise it is hard to believe it is a pixar movie. The story is flat and boring. While, other Pixar movies such as Up, Finding Nemo, Monsters Inc., and so many others were instant classics that anyone no matter their age could enjoy, this was a 1 character story that could be explained in 10 seconds. I get what they were trying to do by having a female princess who was tough andPlot wise it is hard to believe it is a pixar movie. The story is flat and boring. While, other Pixar movies such as Up, Finding Nemo, Monsters Inc., and so many others were instant classics that anyone no matter their age could enjoy, this was a 1 character story that could be explained in 10 seconds. I get what they were trying to do by having a female princess who was tough and tomboyish but it felt like that was all the movie was and that simply isn't enough for it to be a great movie. Pixar isn't the only studio in town anymore, with rivals making masterpieces such as Rio and Bee Movie. I hope that this is only a 1 time hit and miss from Pixar because it would be a shame if this is when they start going downhill. Expand
  30. Jun 24, 2012
    Remember when Disney announced a couple of years ago that "Tangled" would be their last Princess movie? They lied, or Pixar didn't get the memo. Here is yet another. Even though I didn't care for the "Cars" sequel from last year, at least it was still original. This movie worries me because there is nothing original about it, and originality is what I have always loved about Pixar.Remember when Disney announced a couple of years ago that "Tangled" would be their last Princess movie? They lied, or Pixar didn't get the memo. Here is yet another. Even though I didn't care for the "Cars" sequel from last year, at least it was still original. This movie worries me because there is nothing original about it, and originality is what I have always loved about Pixar. This movie is a fairy tale and you get the feeling you've seen it a hundred times before as you watch it. They even copied the Irish accents from "How to Train Your Dragon" and "Shrek". It has some humor in it, but not much, and the overall look of the film was dark although I saw it in 3D which admittedly darkens the screen a little. I would rank it higher than "The Princess and the Frog", but WAY lower than "Tangled" (a Disney Masterpiece) if comparing to other Princess movies. If comparing to other Pixar films it would be the second worse right before Cars2. This makes two mediocre films in a row for Pixar. Hopefully they will rebound on the next film. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Ian Nathan
    Aug 12, 2012
    No less lovely than former films, in many ways lovelier, but Brave is boutique Pixar: less ambitious, more succinct, excellence at a lower ebb.
  2. Reviewed by: Ben Child
    Jun 25, 2012
    For the animation studio's debut foray into fairytale, Pixar has delivered a rousing family melodrama.
  3. Reviewed by: Stephanie Zacharek
    Jun 25, 2012
    My heart belongs to Bear Elinor, whose movements and mannerisms are a tender echo of Human Elinor's – her character is designed and drawn just that carefully.