Fox 2000 Pictures | Release Date: January 9, 2009
4.2
Mixed or average reviews based on 104 Ratings
WATCH NOW
heyitsmegrif4Feb 12, 2012
Besides the huge amount of cliches and the large lack of laughs, along with the self referential story; the film has a surprising amount of heart, and solid performances from Anne Hathaway and Kate Hudson. I give this movie 36%.
TonyHMay 8, 2009
Mildy entertaining and somewhat fun to watch but there's just not much there to make you want the movie to keep going. Perhaps a sequel, Honeymoon Wars would be more entertaining.
JordanK.May 1, 2009
This movie was truly one of the dumbest entertaining movie I have ever seen. Let's see, first the stupidity: I was expected to believe that two women are so obsessed with the idea of marriage that they would basically end a life-long This movie was truly one of the dumbest entertaining movie I have ever seen. Let's see, first the stupidity: I was expected to believe that two women are so obsessed with the idea of marriage that they would basically end a life-long friendship over the possibility of getting married at the same place on the same day. I was expected to believe that Manhattan's "best" wedding planner would make a booking mistake to cause aforementioned situation to arise, and then would tell Kate/Anne that they have to change one of THEIR dates, even though they made their reservations before the other woman who caused said booking conflict to arise. Finally, the filmmakers thought I would buy two best friends pulling increasingly idiotic pranks on each other, like Anne dying Kate's hair blue or Kate spray-tanning Anne's skin orange. If they weren't talking to each other because of the conflict, how in the hell did one know where the other would be all of the time? Creepy. Nevertheless, I enjoyed this film more than I thought I would or even wanted to. As repulsive as the two main characters should have been, the likability of Anne and Kate made them somewhat, well, likeable. Or maybe bearable is a better word, but, whatever, these two actresses are cute and clever enough to deceive me into rooting for these two idiotic characters. Also, the guys were kind of cute and cool, especially Kate Hudson's brother, played by hunky, sexy, and all around sweep-me-off-my-feet gorgeous Bryan Greenberg (from the now defunct TV show "October Sky"). I appreciated the way Anne's and her fiance's relationship had realistic misunderstandings, with a realistic conclusion, too. Finally, I must say that the power of the two female dimwits friendship did shine through at the end, even causing me to get all misty-eyed. Overall, I don't recommend you go out of your way to see this, and if you do, PLEASE do not have high expectations. I'd say it is more dumb than entertaining. But, if you are surfing through the TV and this is on, or if you can't find anything better to rent from the DVD stores/sites, you may get some brief amusement and even be a little touched by this goofy flick. Expand
JayHApr 23, 2009
The film does have some amusing scenes, but overall it's a bit too abrasive and extreme. Anne Hathaway comes off better than Kate Hudson, but both do fine. Candice Bergen is very good in a supporting role.
ArielleF.May 22, 2009
Okay. It's not the best movie out there, but you could get a few laughs out of it. And that's what you want from a rented movie on a Friday night, isn't it?
worleyjamersFeb 24, 2013
Don't' let the unfavorable reviews fool you. Bride Wars is a decent Rom-Com with heart that's surprisingly entertaining. Plus, I love Anne Hathaway and Kate Hudson.
marcmyworksJun 5, 2014
Two bi-polar woman with far too much money and time on their hands seek to destroy each others weddings through a series of photo montages and Candice Bergen's blathering narration.