6.2

1. Apr 17, 2015
    Inspired by a bestselling children book, Cloudy tells the story of a young inventor who creates a machine that makes it rain food. Initially hailed as the towns saviour, things go wrong when the food starts piling up and he loses control of his invention. A visual treat with a clever script and great voice performances, Cloudy ranks alongside the best of Pixar and put Lord & Miller on the map.
  2. Apr 10, 2015
    A horror insult of a film marred by overrated talentlessness of Chloe Moritz who didn't wear a makeup or did not do her own thing to portray the bullied ugly duckling pushed of the deep end It will make you wish you hadn't seen it and whats more stupid is the unexpected ignorance of the new generation because they are the reason nothing is original in hollywood anymore

Sissy Spacek and

Sissy Spacek and Brian DePalma's movie was a better film much simple but well executed this one they did terribly over good and into bad you can hear the death nail being driven into Kimberly Pierce's lame overdue career
  3. Mar 16, 2015
    One of the most hyped ''horror'' movie to come in 2013. But is it as worth as the viewers expected? The answer is totally NO. This is why

Pros: - Good Acting - Mostly deflected clichee story - Strong protagonist - Okay cliffhanger Cons: - 100% lack of horror. - Low impact to the viewers - Extra used actors, - Few interest in watching the movie until the end. - No backstory.

Pros:
    - Good Acting
    - Mostly deflected clichee story
    - Strong protagonist
    - Okay cliffhanger

Cons:
    - 100% lack of horror.
    - Low impact to the viewers
    - Extra used actors,
    - Few interest in watching the movie until the end.
    - No backstory.

Carrie is a mediocre movie, maybe a drama or thriller one, but a failure as a horror one.
  4. Nov 22, 2014
    No. This is Stephen King. SOMEBODY MESSED UP A STEPHEN KING ADAPTATION!!! What the **** I thought the original Carrie was pretty bad but this! This puts the original UP.
  5. Nov 13, 2014
    "Carrie" 10 Scale Rating: 6.5 (Decent) ...

The Good: Not a bad remake, mostly following the source material and is a clear ode to the original. Chloe Grace-Moretz was fantastic and you can tell she is a fan of the original and worked hard to make sure she did the character justice. A few scenes were genuinely creepy. The Bad: Unfortunately, it just feels like an unnecessary film.
    "Carrie" 10 Scale Rating: 6.5 (Decent) ...

The Bad: Unfortunately, it just feels like an unnecessary film. While the updated effects were nice at times, the original film stands up well and doesn't feel dated ... even today. While they wanted to stay true to the original, that almost feels like their downfall.
  6. Nov 12, 2014
    just because of great effects and Carrie's prom action moments doesn't make a perfect film , the movie feels like a parody of Stephen King's work , The acting sucks in Kimberly Peirce's verision of Carrie sucks. Watch the original instead. Grade D-
  7. Nov 10, 2014
    Carrie is brilliantly acted and emphasises on a relatable problem which makes for above average drama but as a horror movie, it is simply not scary enough.
  8. Oct 13, 2014
    This remake of Carrie isn't bad; it gets all the social isolation, religious fanaticism, and bullying ingredients right. It's just that it offers nothing new to say about the characters or story. While she does a good acting job, Moretz is a bit too pretty to play the plain-looking Carrie, but Julianne Moore fits right into the role of Margaret. I especially liked the symbolism of Jesus atThis remake of Carrie isn't bad; it gets all the social isolation, religious fanaticism, and bullying ingredients right. It's just that it offers nothing new to say about the characters or story. While she does a good acting job, Moretz is a bit too pretty to play the plain-looking Carrie, but Julianne Moore fits right into the role of Margaret. I especially liked the symbolism of Jesus at the end as she gets pinned to the wall.

The technical elements of the movie aren't bad, it's just the same-story and same-old everything compared to the original. Only see it if you like pointless remakes.
  9. Oct 12, 2014
    The best remake made for Carrie so far and oh my goodness I love the way Chloe acts and the cast is AWESOME. I don't think that will be released some like this one.
  10. Oct 6, 2014
    the biggest highlight of the film is Chloë Grace Moretz and her more than excellent portrayal of Carrie, yet the film had its flaws, most notably the slow build-up and Ansel Elgort's (Tommy Ross) bland acting. other than that, a very good remake.
  11. Aug 26, 2014
    This film feels clumsy, uninspired and often ridiculous. This remake of 'Carrie' seems to bounce between a modern day chick flick and a gory horror, neither of which are done well. While the acting is for the most part relatively credible, the story seems to escalate in a rough, rushed momentum that doesn't take the characters along with it. Overall quite poor and at times unnecessarilyThis film feels clumsy, uninspired and often ridiculous. This remake of 'Carrie' seems to bounce between a modern day chick flick and a gory horror, neither of which are done well. While the acting is for the most part relatively credible, the story seems to escalate in a rough, rushed momentum that doesn't take the characters along with it. Overall quite poor and at times unnecessarily bloody and over the top. Expand
  12. Aug 9, 2014
    Why Hollywood, Don't know why this got remade. The final scene is just bad. The only thing interesting about this is the closing credits ,and what a waste of money, and Hollywood don't do more remakes of the classic horror movies.
  13. Jul 31, 2014
    I haven’t read the Stephen King novel nor watched Brian De Palma’s (aka the original) version of the movie so I don’t know what I was expecting from this movie.

This movie for some reason did not feel spectacular or brilliant and I am pretty sure most people feel the same. The movie lacked suspense or any scary moments and I think for a horror movie like Carrie, you should feel the

The movie lacked suspense or any scary moments and I think for a horror movie like Carrie, you should feel the anticipation of suspense.

For some reason I find the special effects to be fake and unrealistic. It felt like it was “gore CGI fest” and it’s not even that gory.

And as for the plot goes, it felt predictable and teenager-y at times which I have no idea why this plot being teenager-y is a bad thing.

Now for the good parts.

I think Kimberly Pierce, the director of the movie, tried really best to make this movie good which she failed, but I see the effort of her trying anyway. Some of the shots of the movie were beautiful to watch so the cinematography of this movie is pretty good.

Chloe Grace Moretz did a good job portraying Carrie. She handled the emotions of the character well, from the vulnerable Carrie to the vengeful Carrie. Chloe Grace Moretz also some great chemistry with the cast here. She had a good chemistry with Ansel Elgort as Tommy Ross but most of all, she had a good chemistry with Julianne Moore as a crazy mother-daughter relationship.

Julianne Moore also did a good job in portraying Margaret White. It may not be her best but she put a lot of effort in acting as her character well.

While the direction and the performances and the chemistry of this movie were great enough, they’re easily overlooked with the movie’s lack of suspense and its lackluster feeling.
  14. Jul 19, 2014
    In order for a remake to really work it has to have its own clear spin on the original template, unfortunately Carrie doesn’t really seem to know what it wants to be. For large parts it is more high school movie than horror movie (a montage featuring the song Diane Young by Vampire Weekend is so completely out of place as to be almost comical) and never comes close to recreating the creepyIn order for a remake to really work it has to have its own clear spin on the original template, unfortunately Carrie doesn’t really seem to know what it wants to be. For large parts it is more high school movie than horror movie (a montage featuring the song Diane Young by Vampire Weekend is so completely out of place as to be almost comical) and never comes close to recreating the creepy atmosphere of the original. The central performance from the talented Moretz stops things from completely falling apart, even when the dialogue is at its most clunky, but with the original still standing up fine this is an almost completely pointless remake. Expand
  15. Jul 18, 2014
    The Alternate Ending is a copy of , A Nightmare on Elm Street 5 The Dream Child, Carrie (2013) has scenes of Carrie (1976) . The Rage: Carrie 2 (1999). A Nightmare on Elm Street 5 The Dream Child (1989). Carrie looks like Phoenix in X-Men: The Last Stand . The Incredible Hulk. this movie is not horror.
  16. Jul 17, 2014
    The acting is bad, the special effects feel lumpy and are WAY too much, the scene transitions are confusing, and it deviates from the original story without adding anything of value. I love Julian Moore, but she could not capture the haunting feel Piper Laurie did in the original. This is a perfect example of how special effects can destroy a movie. I expected way more. Just go watch theThe acting is bad, the special effects feel lumpy and are WAY too much, the scene transitions are confusing, and it deviates from the original story without adding anything of value. I love Julian Moore, but she could not capture the haunting feel Piper Laurie did in the original. This is a perfect example of how special effects can destroy a movie. I expected way more. Just go watch the original, because this one cannot hold a candle to it. Expand
  17. Jul 16, 2014
    Carrie (2013) is one of the worst remakes with, A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010) i don't know why this got remade, and this remake of Carrie doesn't add anything new , the biggest flaw in this remake has to do with the ethereal beauty of its leading ladys, Chloë Grace Moretz and Julianne Moore.
  18. Jul 16, 2014
    Why the didn't cast unknown actress to play Carrie White ?, i think they cast Chloe Grace Moretz because all the people loves the movie Kick-Ass, and that is a pity there are so many unknown actress in hollywood who like to play that role.
  19. Jul 15, 2014
    in my opinion, This are the worst remakes of the classics horror movies, Carrie (2013). Psycho (1998). Halloween (2007) . A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010) . The Fog (2005). The Omen (2006) . Children of the Corn (2009) . Friday the 13th (2009) .
  20. Jul 15, 2014
    I have noticed that Carrie (2013) is a copy of The Rage: Carrie 2 (1999), the scene when they are recording Rachel and Jesse having sex and in the end they play the tape in the party in the big screen, and that's scene is in Carrie (2013), when the girls are recording Carrie when she had her first period, and in the end they play the video on the big screen in the prom, Carrie (2013) isI have noticed that Carrie (2013) is a copy of The Rage: Carrie 2 (1999), the scene when they are recording Rachel and Jesse having sex and in the end they play the tape in the party in the big screen, and that's scene is in Carrie (2013), when the girls are recording Carrie when she had her first period, and in the end they play the video on the big screen in the prom, Carrie (2013) is a copy of Carrie (1976) and The Rage: Carrie 2 (1999). Expand
  21. Jul 14, 2014
    Carrie (2013), you watch it once then you never watch it again! , The casting choices had a lot left to be desired, Julianne Moore as Margaret White wasn't scary or creppy , i laughed my socks off when i see her in this movie.
  22. Jul 14, 2014
    After almost 38 years Carrie 1976, people are still talking about the original film. It will forever be considered a successful classic film that people will remember and still talk about for years to come.

Will the 2013 version have that kind of impact 38 years from now? Most definitely NO!
  23. Jul 14, 2014
    I just seen Carrie 2013, WTF this movie is a copy of Carrie 1976, what change in this Carrie 2013 is Carrie White and Margaret White, There are sexy and beautiful and the cgi is bad and the movie is bad directed, Why a remake of Carrie 1976, that movie is creppy and scary

Read more books hollywood there are great storys out there.
  24. R18
    Jul 13, 2014
    I don't believe, a girl with that age and beautiful as Chloë Grace Moretz, the boy's don't date her, every nerds in school see a pretty girl as Chloë Moretz they want to date a girl like that, cast Chloë Moretz for the role of Carrie White in this movie it was so wrong of Kimberly Peirce , i think this is the worst cast that a director or producer did in a movie.
  25. Jul 8, 2014
    The worst remake i seen in 2013, The 70's version was so much better....to me, it had more emotion....was much more touching....much better acting...Piper Laurie was great as a religious nut. Sissy Spacek was an excellent Carrie White.
  26. Jul 8, 2014
    Firstly I hated that she used her hands to move things as opposed to just looking at them ! It looked far too Harry potter for my liking, really annoyed me, and yes this Carrie can fly has Superman and she can break the road as The Incredible Hulk , this movie is not horror it is a kid's movie.
  27. Jul 7, 2014
    Another pointless remake of a classic, ruined , it has nothing new to say and works with an original that didn't need remaking , The writing is awful bad acting and it is funny
  28. Jul 7, 2014
    Seriously, Carrie 2013 is not a horror movie it is X-Men movies ,why Carrie White fly in this movie and moves her arms she looks like her dad is Magneto , one of the worst remakes I have ever seen.
  29. Jul 7, 2014
    Awful acting, i prefer watching Wicker Man (2006), The Wicker Man remake is one the worst acting of Nicolas Cage but it is better than Carrie 2013, Carrie 2013 wasn't scary it is a funny movie ,and Wicker Man (2006) is a funny movie too , OH, NO! NOT THE BEES! NOT THE BEES! AAAAAHHHHH! OH, THEY'RE IN MY EYES! MY EYES! AAAAHHHHH! AAAAAGGHHH!
  30. Jul 6, 2014
    i'm sure if chloe moretz is not in this movie the people want like it , Imagine if the role of Carrie White was unknown actress would you like this movie ? , in my poor opinion i think that Kimberly Peirce ruined the movie.

1. Reviewed by: Jamie Graham
    Nov 29, 2013
    One of the more solid ’70s horror remakes, but it lacks the verve and potency, romance and heartache of the original. Still, the haircuts are a vast improvement...
  2. Reviewed by: Cath Clarke
    Nov 26, 2013
    Moretz is unnervingly talented, but Carrie is not a role she was born to play. She hasn’t a victim’s bone in her body and fluffs the early scenes when the mean girls pick on her.
  3. Reviewed by: Mark Dinning
    Nov 25, 2013
    A remake that doesn’t see the legacy of Carrie White burn in hell. But not one that adds much to it either.