Cars 2

5.7

1. May 17, 2016
    I love First Cars and Second Cars and I hard to say that the cooler , but both games I put 9/10 . In Cars 2 there is a good storyline and this movie is a good sequel for Cars . I am waiting Cars 3 . I watched this movie in 2013 and it was very interesting to me . In this game a lot of cool characters . 9/10 . Very good and amazing cartoon .
  2. Apr 3, 2016
    I just can't think of any reasons not to give Cars 2 a 10 out of 10. I loved this one! I think it was better than the first Cars movie, the animation was gorgeous and the movie was very fun to watch!
  3. Apr 1, 2016
    Although the animation is spot on and the characters are good enough... Pixars team of writers truly need a big, lengthy car wash after this let down.
  4. Mar 14, 2016
    While the animation is still great, the story, humor, and dumb plot is not what I expected from this sequel. I liked the first cars, as it had a lesson and emotional moments. But this is not that movie.
  5. Mar 13, 2016
    Cars 2 is, of course one of the worst Pixar films, with unbelievable characters and a bad story, some kind of inappropriate for younger vewiers, a bad direction and not much color as the first one. With an unremarkable protagonist, down-beat succes, and a bit boring story-telling, Cars 2 goes down.
  6. Mar 6, 2016
    Cars 2, even more than its predecessor, is the Pixar movie that's safe to hate. From the get-go, the franchise's main conceit seems blatantly secondhand: Anthropomorphized toys, anyone? The eye-filling backgrounds (a whirlwind world tour reduced to theme-park caricature, and I mean that in a nice way) and photo-real textures fail to compensate for the lack of variety in individualCars 2, even more than its predecessor, is the Pixar movie that's safe to hate. From the get-go, the franchise's main conceit seems blatantly secondhand: Anthropomorphized toys, anyone? The eye-filling backgrounds (a whirlwind world tour reduced to theme-park caricature, and I mean that in a nice way) and photo-real textures fail to compensate for the lack of variety in individual character animation. After a while, all I could see when I looked at Lightning McQueen, Mater, or anyone else, was a matched pair of craft-store googly eyes, pasted onto whiteboard, its expression as variable as the positioning of a foreskin-like uni-lid would allow, itself a concept lifted from Mike Wazowski, the one-eyed hero of Monsters, Inc.

The discrepancy between the photo-real and the slapdash effectively neutralizes any talk of Cars 2 being a work of great animation. It's a worse problem than the uncanny valley, the most commonly leveled charge against Robert Zemeckis's underrated Beowulf and A Christmas Carol; say what you will about dead eyes and a crack squad of Tom Hankses doing backflips, at least there's a consistency of tone, a unifying creative force. Cars 2 looks like the work of multiple committees completing various objectives, with varying degrees of success.

Which is a shame, because the brilliant unification of über-talented groups of tech and creative whiz kids—groupthink touched by the hand of God—is the alibi that grants Pixar safe haven from even its most vehement critics. Considered as a body of work, the Pixar feature films represent the Platonic ideal of corporate Hollywood: a perfect amalgam of verisimilitude and candy-color expressionism; humor that slaloms from puerile to Oscar Wilde without hitting any bumps; Spielbergian escapism and crisply choreographed action sequences; validation of that amorphous cloud of “humanist values” that no one can really describe in great detail, but which seems to have best been illustrated by the incinerator sequence in Toy Story 3.

Adding insult to injury is an unfocused script that relies heavily on some of the most unfortunate screenwriting clichés of post-1980s Hollywood. One, in particular, stands out: the “friends who have a falling out because one of them is a hopeless imbecile and the other one says so, only to reconcile just in time for the big finish,” which I believe dates back to 1992's Pauly Shore vehicle Encino Man. This cliché is infuriating because it argues that an already implausible friendship grants absolution to all manner of lunatic, anti-social, and destructive behavior. If this sounds prudish on my part, consider the TV scripts of Joss Whedon, whose own career was jumpstarted by co-writing the Oscar-nominated script for the original Toy Story. Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, and Firefly are rife with characters making bad, selfish, or just plain lunkheaded decisions, but never without consequences. Consider the scene where Mal nearly throws Jayne out of the airlock, and the genuine uncertainty as to whether or not he'll really do it—that's the kind of drama Cars 2 could have benefited from, big time.

That said, while the craft is sometimes shoddy, the photorealism is there solely for our kneejerk admiration (my my, how long that metallic sheen must have taken to render!), and the **** script is altogether unworthy of the legacy of Ratatouille, Up, WALL-E, or even the first Cars, there are isolated moments of pleasure, most of them in a cold open that meticulously recreates an outlandish James Bond espionage and escape sequence. The high point is the cold open to the cold open, a video left by an intrepid undercover agent, a visually incoherent stitch of animation that, in its abstraction, makes for a refreshing change from the exhausting “clarity of line” that governs, and fails to redeem, most of the rest of the film.
  7. Jan 6, 2016
    As Pixar tradition dictates, Cars 2 stars with a short. Hawaiian Vacation revisits the Toy Story gang who, after Ken and Barbie are left behind from Bonnie’s summer holiday, recreate a perfect tropical idyll for the Mattel lovebirds to share their first kiss. It is pitch-perfect Pixar: a strong set-up delivered with jokes, filmmaking flair, perfect character moments — Mr. Pricklepants’As Pixar tradition dictates, Cars 2 stars with a short. Hawaiian Vacation revisits the Toy Story gang who, after Ken and Barbie are left behind from Bonnie’s summer holiday, recreate a perfect tropical idyll for the Mattel lovebirds to share their first kiss. It is pitch-perfect Pixar: a strong set-up delivered with jokes, filmmaking flair, perfect character moments — Mr. Pricklepants’ alien audition is genius — smarts and sentiment, all topped off with a post-credits payoff that works a treat.

This reminder of Pixar’s high benchmark doesn’t make life any easier for Cars 2. Coming off the back of the studio’s least favourably reviewed film — it currently sits at 74 per cent at Rotten Tomatoes — and one of its lower-grossing flicks (it made $462 million worldwide so it’s all relative), the movie has built itself up into a franchise through a series of shorts and spin-off merchandise. A kind of Doc Hollywood with a NASCAR replacing Michael J. Fox, the original was that rare children’s film that suggested you ease up a bit, live life in the slow lane. This time round, things have been amped up considerably, transplanting hot rod Lightning McQueen and thicko tow truck Mater not only into a globe-trotting Grand Prix, but also into a slick espionage flick circa 1966. The two strands never really cohere, but deliver enough spy-cool, visual fizz and comedic touches to entertain.

From the retro fittings of The Incredibles to WALL•E’s adoration of Hello Dolly, Pixar has always been enamoured with ’60s pop culture, and Cars 2 positively thrums with it. From Michael Giacchino’s stupidly catchy Finn McMissile guitar riffs, to a delight in gizmos and gadgetry, to impenetrable coded secret-agent greetings, this is a love letter not only to 007, but also to American counterparts like The Man From U. N. C. L. E. and Get Smart. A terrific opening set-piece sees Michael Caine’s Finn McMissile, an Aston Martin overflowing with Q Department firepower, infiltrate the baddies’ oil rig and the subsequent escape is a potent reminder that Pixar can hold its own against anybody in the action stakes. Be it a nighttime Tokyo race or a high-speed runway rumpus courtesy of Jason Isaacs’ spy plane, Cars 2 is at its best when it is on the move.

It is in the bits between the action, the Pixar specialities of plot points and character beats, that the movie does less well. The narrative is admirably complicated — everyone is chasing a camera which can generate an electro-magnetic pulse that can destroy the cars mid race — but offers little in the way of surprises. There are tons of new characters but, save the Brit spy duo of McMissile and Emily Mortimer’s Holley Shiftwell and John Turturro’s Formula 1 demon Francesco Bernoulli, few register.

It is also hard to remember a more talk-driven Pixar movie, but little of the dialogue crackles or pops. There are first-base jokes about cultural difference, wasabi mistaken for ice cream hijinks, over-emotional Italians and wrong-side-of-the-road gags. The relationship dynamics between McQueen and Mater are too simply drawn, the moralising, as McQueen asks his gauche friend to change to fit into the wider world, too on the nose. It’ll play perfectly for the young but, for once with Pixar, that’s all it does.

As ever, there are stunning little grace notes (watch the mud speckle the camera as the race cars speed by), lovingly realised street scenes and the frame is filled with inspired visual puns. But the film never truly finds its mojo, its heartbeat. If you want a barometer of the difference between top-drawer Pixar and Cars 2, you could do worse than listen to the songs. Randy Newman’s songs for the Toy Story series are smart, charming and heartfelt. Country star Brad Paisley’s tunes are pleasant but forgettable. The former will last for the ages. The latter works well enough for now.
  8. Jan 4, 2016
    Of all Pixar's alti-verses, the one in Cars is the hardest to buy into. Motors with eyes for windshields, pootling about a four-wheeled world modeled on auto parts? It may be John Lasseter's pride and joy, but for us it's missing some key components.

Internal logic for one. Charm. Car-isma... Ok, so the 2006 original eventually won us over with its fish-out-of-water storyline

Internal logic for one. Charm. Car-isma...

Ok, so the 2006 original eventually won us over with its fish-out-of-water storyline and its nostalgic passion for Americana. But not so much that we were craving another outing for Lightning McQueen and his tow-truck mate Mater, hardly the Butch and Sundance of the animated fraternity.

Seemingly guessing as much, the Emeryville elite seek to woo us with a pre-feature short, Hawaiian Vacation, that joyously reunites the Toy Story gang. Sadly, like a clapped-out banger, this gambit backfires. We love Buzz and Woody, while we merely tolerate Mater and McQueen. Why waft champagne under our noses when we are really getting Car-va?

To be fair, Cars 2 begins well with a Bondian prologue which sees suave superspy Finn McMissile - voice Michael Caine, body DB5 - sneak onto an offshore oil platform at the centre of a global gasoline conspiracy.

Goldfinger gags abound in the ensuing mayhem, raising hopes that Lasseter has heeded the critics and upped the ante accordingly. But once the action defaults to Radiator Springs, the movie springs a leak, mostly by putting clueless hick Mater centre stage.

Yes, it is Owen Wilson's hotshot racer who gets invited to compete in a World Grand Prix that whisks him to Japan (Geishas, neon), Italy (Popemobile) and Britain (Big Bentley, Tyre Bridge). But it's Mater who gets embroiled in McMissile's mission, a convoluted caper involving alternative fuel, millionaire mogul Miles Axlerod (Eddie Izzard) and rookie agent Holley Shiftwell (Emily Mortimer).

Mater scuppering an assassination attempt in a Tokyo restroom. Mater careering around an international airport. Mater infiltrating a villain convention in elaborate disguise. Yes, we sure do get a lot of the bumbling rust-bucket this time around, testing our patience for Larry the Cable Guy's hillbilly schtick to braking point.

True, the picture is punctuated by three thrilling race meets that find McQueen and tutti-frutti nemesis Francesco Bernoulli (John Turturro) justifying the now obligatory 3D as they negotiate spectacular Scalextric-style courses.

What should be highlights though have more than a clutch of afterthought, particularly during an extended London-set climax more interested in the plastic attached to Mater's carburettor (some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!) than who gets to the finish line first.

Cars' popularity with the kids ensures a large and enthusiastic audience will turn up for the sequel.

Yet where Pixar's other films have captivated across the board, Cars 2 could leave some grown-ups feeling tired.

There's more going on than there was in Cars and the globe-trotting's a gas. But compared to the pick of the Pixar pack, this is some way down the grid.
  9. Dec 29, 2015
    It's easy on the eyes but it doesn't have anywhere near as much as heart and depth as some other Pixar greats. I wasn't overly keen on the first film so a second one seemed pretty redundant.
  10. Dec 27, 2015
    Is it just me or did Pixar focus way too much on the action than on their beautiful moments they have done in the past? (Toy Story 3, Up, WALL-E, etc.) In this movie, Mater is the protagonist rather than Lightning McQueen. They're off to Tokyo, Japan. After that, the movie went down too hard. This isn't James Bond or Mission: Impossible. We don't need a sequel to Cars. We don't even need Cars 3.
  11. Sep 27, 2015
    Like the first, this was not great but not very bad either. The transition from the "Hot-shot comes to small town and learns life lessons" theme of the first to a spy movie was a bit odd but there were still some entertaining gags. Mater was a great part of the first so it was nice to see him get more screen time. And it was clever to have the James Bond parody be an Aston Martin but itLike the first, this was not great but not very bad either. The transition from the "Hot-shot comes to small town and learns life lessons" theme of the first to a spy movie was a bit odd but there were still some entertaining gags. Mater was a great part of the first so it was nice to see him get more screen time. And it was clever to have the James Bond parody be an Aston Martin but it was a bit weak in parts. Perhaps this wouldn't be a problem if we hadn't come to expect so much from Pixar but we have. Who knows-maybe Cars 3 will be better. Maybe it'll be a third time lucky situation. But the movie does have it's charms, it's by no means bad. Just a bit disappointing compared to most Pixar films. Expand
  12. Sep 13, 2015
    I enjoyed this film more than the first. I love that spy story where Mater involves. It's a funny film! Why too many dislikers... anyway I'm not a huge fan and I'm not really waiting for the 3 because I don't think it's necessary.
  13. Jul 21, 2015
    I stayed there until fame Lightning McQueen , and Mater the star is wearing, but hey, the scripts change, for me the movie is very good , but say it is the worst pelicua PIXAR That being so I do not more you put a 5.
  14. Jul 13, 2015
    I thought the first Cars film was a fun movie experience. It wasn't Pixars best, but it was still an enjoyable movie. This, however? I feel like this was made to sell merchandise so that Disney and Pixar could make some quick cash. I mean, it made $27.5 million on opening weekend! Plus all the merchandise, both Disney and Pixar would be rolling in it! This film was a pretty lousy waste ofI thought the first Cars film was a fun movie experience. It wasn't Pixars best, but it was still an enjoyable movie. This, however? I feel like this was made to sell merchandise so that Disney and Pixar could make some quick cash. I mean, it made $27.5 million on opening weekend! Plus all the merchandise, both Disney and Pixar would be rolling in it! This film was a pretty lousy waste of time. Definitely Pi thxars worst film yet. It wasn't worth the price of admission. I found the race flag I got when I saw it in 2011 and I chopped it into little pieces. Was that too cruel? Expand
  15. Jun 24, 2015
    cars 2 no me gusto y no se por que hicieron una secuela a su precuela cars de 2006
    no me gusto esta pero si la primera y no merece secuela cars 3 es aburrida
  16. Jun 20, 2015
    I originally gave this film a '5'. Now, in hindsight, that was being too kind. We deserve more from Pixar, and re-watching the film, not even Mater is funny. The whole film seems to be insulting our intelligence and taunting our genuine belief that Pixar can make human films. This is what will shame them for the rest of the company's existence. But after seeing 'Inside Out', I thinkI originally gave this film a '5'. Now, in hindsight, that was being too kind. We deserve more from Pixar, and re-watching the film, not even Mater is funny. The whole film seems to be insulting our intelligence and taunting our genuine belief that Pixar can make human films. This is what will shame them for the rest of the company's existence. But after seeing 'Inside Out', I think they've learned from their mistake. Expand
  17. AGN
    Jun 19, 2015
    Though many of the visuals are winningly vibrant and sleek, what is lacking here is PIXAR's most notable characteristic: a compelling, clever story and boundless heart.

The characters — talking, living cars — are nowhere near as likable, emotionally rich or complex as the playthings of the Toy Story movies, the rodents of Ratatouille, the undersea creatures of Finding Nemo or the endearing robot of WALL-E.

Where the original Cars (2006) lagged somewhat behind the rest of the exceptional PIXAR pack (I did like the first Cars, though), Cars 2, in computer-animated 3-D, seems to idle in neutral.

The news that the film was directed by John Lassester, the affable Pixar mastermind who gave us the first Toy Story, raised hopes that this would be another Up or Toy Story 3. By the way, UP is one of my favorite movies.

PIXAR movies are so much more evolved than most other fare — animated or live action — that watching Cars 2 feels like stumbling on a Neanderthal amid a corps of advanced Homo sapiens.

Race car champ Lightning McQueen (Owen Wilson) has just returned to Radiator Springs to spend some time with his hometown pals. But almost as soon as he arrives, he's challenged to race overseas in the first World Grand Prix, a contest to determine the world's fastest car. He takes his pit crew buddies along and adds rusty tow truck Mater (Larry the Cable Guy), who means well but botches things up for Lightning.

Mater is such an overgrown toddler that he leaks petrol in excitement. (This gussied-up bathroom humor seems a rare effort to pander to very young viewers.) Lightning faces an arch-rival, Italian race car, Francesco Bernoulli (John Turturro), and Mater gets embroiled in a top-secret spy mission at the behest of British super-spy Finn McMissile (Michael Caine) and his cohort, Holley Shiftwell (Emily Mortimer). Lightning and Mater face a bump in the road when it comes to their long friendship, but the message about loyalty is a sound one.

In contrast to the nostalgia-drenched original, this retread is an amalgam of spy movies, sort of James Bond-lite on auto-pilot though it is a wee more interesting than the first.

Though the locales are more far-flung than Radiator Springs, the movie doesn't benefit from the exotic spots and polyglot voices. A lot of locations are raced through, but the events happening in them are less than fascinating.

A few ingenious action sequences benefit from the 3-D technology, but too much emphasis is placed on explosions, high-octane road races and watered-down global intrigue. Mild humor is passable. But will young kids follow the convoluted mystery surrounding an oilfield and possibly compromised alternative fuel?

Something PIXAR Animation has never been is formulaic. But Cars 2 teeters on the brink. It's not that it's a bad film. But the bar is high, and it's lackluster and predictable, missing that alchemic blend of humor, pathos and indelible characters that give Pixar movies their brilliant shine. And it's a lot more violent.

I feel very bad for the company. Cars 2 felt like a wreck compared to the masterpieces of some other works of PIXAR (Toy Story, Finding Nemo, UP) and it also wrecked the true state of the PIXAR logo. But it's slightly enjoyable. Although Brave and Monsters University are good movies, they didn't fix the true state logo that PIXAR was back then. I am counting days away till Inside Out releases (it's out now) and I definitely know that this movie will fix the state of the true PIXAR logo.

Rating: 5.9/10
    Grade: C+ Okay
  18. Apr 24, 2015
    It’s never easy coping with the death of an icon, especially for a franchise as intimately associated with that icon as Cars was with Paul Newman. Yet in a shocking miscalculation, the usually brilliant folks over at Pixar coped with Newman’s death in the stupidest possible way—by transforming John Lasseter’s shiny love letter to the automobile into an unabashed vehicle for the hayseedIt’s never easy coping with the death of an icon, especially for a franchise as intimately associated with that icon as Cars was with Paul Newman. Yet in a shocking miscalculation, the usually brilliant folks over at Pixar coped with Newman’s death in the stupidest possible way—by transforming John Lasseter’s shiny love letter to the automobile into an unabashed vehicle for the hayseed comedy stylings of Larry The Cable Guy. Larry The Cable Guy’s hillbilly tow truck Mater must have sold a lot of toys and played like gangbusters for focus-group respondents, because Cars 2 makes the vehicular redneck its proud centerpiece. That leaves Owen Wilson, the film’s ostensible star, to fret about the state of his relationship with his best friend Mater. Itchy & Scratchy Studios didn’t push Poochie on audiences the way Cars 2 does Mater.

Cars 2 sends Mater and Wilson’s Lightning McQueen on a globe-trotting trek to compete in an international Grand Prix that doubles as a showcase for an amazing new wonder-fuel. In Europe, Mater unwittingly lives out the plot of The Man Who Knew Too Little when he gets entangled in a web of intrigue involving a James Bond-style car voiced by Michael Caine and his more-than-capable associate Holley Shiftwell. Yes, in Cars 2, Mater even gets the girl.

The first Cars was pitched at a much younger audience than the rest of Pixar’s oeuvre; the sequel is pitched even more directly at an even younger audience. It’s difficult to insert scatological humor into a film devoid of human bodily functions, but Cars 2 nevertheless manages to smuggle some in via Mater “leaking fluids” and at one point ending up in a lavatory truck. Cars 2 is so enraptured with Larry The Cable Guy’s persona that it even has Mater spout the comedian’s catchphrases, though the more Mater insists something is just funny right there, the less funny it becomes. This being Pixar, Cars 2 looks fantastic, but the studio has never given audiences—especially audiences over the age of 10—less reason to be emotionally invested in the beautiful shiny things flying across the screen.

(Preceding the film is a clever short from the Toy Story universe involving Ken and Barbie’s crudely improvised Hawaiian vacation. This provides an unflattering reminder of what a really good Pixar sequel looks like.)
  19. Mar 12, 2015
    Okay, it was a fairly decent movie. But the dream company, Pixar, didn't add the warmth and feeling. The first I didn't care for much, but it had that love in it. Cars 2 was aesthetically marvelous, but it felt like a small glove. The move didn't feel right. It did not have the Pixas shimmer and secret ingredient, love.
  20. Dec 29, 2014
    There is a little bit of fun to be had, but Cars 2 is a very messy and incoherent film that made the fatal mistake of making the comic relief from the first Cars the main character of this one.
  21. Dec 24, 2014
    Admittedly impressive on animation level, but annoying and uninspiring on storytelling and dialogue, this Pixar sequel induces some laughs and little else.
  22. Oct 19, 2014
    Star racecar Lightning McQueen and the incomparable tow truck Mater take their friendship to exciting new places in "Cars 2" when they head overseas to compete in the first-ever World Grand Prix to determine the world's fastest car. But the road to the championship is filled with plenty of potholes, detours and hilarious surprises when Mater gets caught up in an intriguing adventure of hisStar racecar Lightning McQueen and the incomparable tow truck Mater take their friendship to exciting new places in "Cars 2" when they head overseas to compete in the first-ever World Grand Prix to determine the world's fastest car. But the road to the championship is filled with plenty of potholes, detours and hilarious surprises when Mater gets caught up in an intriguing adventure of his own: international espionage. Torn between assisting Lightning McQueen in the high-profile race and towing the line in a top-secret spy mission, Mater’s action-packed journey leads him on an explosive chase through the streets of Japan and Europe, trailed by his friends and watched by the whole world. Adding to the fast-paced fun is a colorful new all-car cast that includes secret agents, menacing villains and international racing competitors. Expand
  23. Oct 13, 2014
    This is sadly Pixar's worst film in terms of the quantity, it loses the special magic that made the original so good for me. It's not one of the worst animated films I've seen, but it's still pretty disappointing seeing this after Toy Story 3. Whilst the film looks gorges, has great action, good racing sequences it still doesn't make up for it's unoriginality.
  24. Apr 13, 2014
    Cars 2 is a sequel to the 2006 animated film, Cars, once again proves its title over the visionary field of technical excellence. Here, not only the characters are well-voiced but also it's visuals have improved that often looks glorious and stunning. It has many amazing action sequences and exploding scenes but this film is technically does not belong to PIxar's top mastery works. Cars 2Cars 2 is a sequel to the 2006 animated film, Cars, once again proves its title over the visionary field of technical excellence. Here, not only the characters are well-voiced but also it's visuals have improved that often looks glorious and stunning. It has many amazing action sequences and exploding scenes but this film is technically does not belong to PIxar's top mastery works. Cars 2 is the only sequel that received a rotten rating from all other rating websites; and the question is, Why? It is because of its carelessly handled storytelling that's so complicated to understand that it wants to become like the greatest action movie you never before seen on animation -- intended to become like a James Bond film or any spy film. So because of that bad storytelling. We can see now that Pixar somehow loses magic and credibility in crafting innovative, original, and outstanding stories which we have seen from its past Academy Award winning films like those of Finding Nemo, Ratatouille, Wall-E, Up, and Toy Story 3. No heartfelt or improving drama, no cleverly crafted gags. Cars 2, fairly, does not belong to the list of the worst animations produced on screen but it is rendered as a mediocre film. Overall, it's still watchable and quite enjoyable for some scenes which are somewhat smart, intelligent and quite funny. Expand
  25. Apr 1, 2014
    If you could use just one word to describe this film, it is pointless. Just a worthless sequel made with probably some of the weakest story telling ever. There was a lot of cliche things in this film that felt so pointless and stupid; the characters also didn't feel as memorable in this as they did in the first Cars, they just felt bland and also that addition of making Mater like a secretIf you could use just one word to describe this film, it is pointless. Just a worthless sequel made with probably some of the weakest story telling ever. There was a lot of cliche things in this film that felt so pointless and stupid; the characters also didn't feel as memorable in this as they did in the first Cars, they just felt bland and also that addition of making Mater like a secret agent or something, that's just not fitting for the Cars series really when comparing this to the first film. It's a shame that Pixar actually made a film like this, I mean PIXAR! The company that has made so many masterpieces like the Toy Story films, Monsters Inc, Finding Nemo, The Incredibles and Wall-E; now this, Pixar's first film that's only point was just to sell a bunch of toys. I would not recommend this film, after seeing this I was hoping that Pixar would never do something like this again, well apparently they inspired The Planes series, which looks terrible (luckily they are not making those) but it doesn't stop there, Pixar may have pleased a lot of fans announcing The Incredibles 2, but while doing that they also displeased us by announcing Cars 3. This is not Pixar, I remember when every film Pixar made was great and had no intention of just existing just to make money, but to also tell amazing stories. While Pixar isn't completely doomed today (I did like MU), I just wonder if they'll ever make a new film that actually has quality and lives up to their oldest and most classic films. Expand
  26. Mar 26, 2014
    Surprisingly, Cars 2 manages to be better than the first Cars by an iota. The scenes are still cheesy and unnecessarily long, and the story is a bore. Skip it.
  27. Mar 19, 2014
    cars two was a better sequel . everything is just like the 50's like james bond . but people and critics hated it it is 99 % true it does suck . but i hope there's not a cars 3 . larry the cable as matter is gay that's not an a opinion it is true
  28. Mar 8, 2014
    This could be the first Pixar movie that disappointed us. Just like all Pixar films, the visuals and effects are stunning, but we have an under-plotted and messy story to go with it.
  29. Nov 14, 2013
    Cars 2 is a disappointment. If a studio such as Dreamworks or Sony Animation were making this I’d be more lenient. But this is Pixar we are talking about. The studio is much better than this. I don’t know what to say. I want to say this is good but I’m not really sure what they were thinking. I’m as baffled as the cars in the movie were when McQueen moves to the outside lane. The Toy StoryCars 2 is a disappointment. If a studio such as Dreamworks or Sony Animation were making this I’d be more lenient. But this is Pixar we are talking about. The studio is much better than this. I don’t know what to say. I want to say this is good but I’m not really sure what they were thinking. I’m as baffled as the cars in the movie were when McQueen moves to the outside lane. The Toy Story short at the start of the movie was better the film itself. If you’re a kid or a Mater fan you’ll love this movie. However, anyone who believes that Cars 2 will be another masterpiece from Pixar forget it. Cars 2 is a disappointing movie that has made me lose trust in studio that until now has been flawless. Expand
  30. Oct 31, 2013
    in my opinion thisis the worst film that walt disney pixar has ever made so far,the first movie wasn't so good at all,this second movie is even worst then the first one.
  31. Oct 11, 2013
    As a pixar loved, I loved the first cars (well technically all of them), but the second was a BIG MESS! What happened here? boring characters, predictable spy plot and a lot more!
    Try harder, Pixar.
  32. Aug 26, 2013
    I would rate this as a four if it were made by some other studio, but Pixar? We expect better!
    The first Cars film was just boring, this one is insipidly stupid. My little sister who is barely past the age of six couldn't enjoy this film.
  33. Jul 29, 2013
    As a huge fan of pixar I had high hopes for this movie after finding the original fairly enjoyable but this film just annoyed me. The worst and most irritating character from the original film (Mater) is made the main focus of this movie, and he is insufferable. In my opinion this character rivals jar-jar binks in terms of being incredibly annoying. The overall plot of the film is a spyAs a huge fan of pixar I had high hopes for this movie after finding the original fairly enjoyable but this film just annoyed me. The worst and most irritating character from the original film (Mater) is made the main focus of this movie, and he is insufferable. In my opinion this character rivals jar-jar binks in terms of being incredibly annoying. The overall plot of the film is a spy flick crossed with some fast and furious for kids action. The portions with mater are annoying and the portions with the racing are nothing new or exciting, I did not laugh at any of the jokes, which compared to pixars other movies, some of which are incredibly funny, is very disappointing. The films animation is top notch, so it is at least nice to look at but other than that the movie is by far the worst pixar has ever created. Expand
  34. Jul 14, 2013
    Pixar jamas ha logrado tan bajo desempeño en sus peliculas se supone que pixar se saca las mejores peliculas no las peores una pelicula que destroza la buena reputacion de Cars.
  35. Jul 4, 2013
    You may call it a crime to like "Cars 2", but I truly did. While its storytelling isn't spectacular and has similar elements that has been done before, it has visuals, humor, and well written scenes that somehow make up for it. "Cars 2" is a kid film that isn't shallow and stupid, it's complex and full of fun energy. It could be the worst Pixar film, but it's better than nearlyYou may call it a crime to like "Cars 2", but I truly did. While its storytelling isn't spectacular and has similar elements that has been done before, it has visuals, humor, and well written scenes that somehow make up for it. "Cars 2" is a kid film that isn't shallow and stupid, it's complex and full of fun energy. It could be the worst Pixar film, but it's better than nearly three-fourths of the animated films that come out today. Expand
  36. Jun 12, 2013
    Why do people hate this movie, I mean sure its not Pixar's best but it's still great, its a funny spy movie with likeable characters, I mean how could people not like the characters. What's wrong with a spy car, a race car, and a tow truck. This movie is not Pixar's worst movie
  37. Mar 23, 2013
    This was OK, but a serious let down from the first! Watching this was hard, cause I wanted to like it after watching the first, but like others have said, this was a money grab.I guess I wasn't surprised cause I did wonder what could they possibly do with a second part. Sadly they had no clue just like me.
  38. Feb 5, 2013
    If there was a Pixar film I could trade for to see Pixar movies I missed in theaters, it would easily be Cars 2. Such a huge leap from the first movie. It lacked story and just sped by the running time with guns ablaze and cars exploding. I think the violence is justified here since most of the characters are vehicles but there is no reason to turn a sequel into an action film.
  39. Jan 8, 2013
    I'm honestly surprised by all the hatred this movie has received. Sure, it's not a GREAT movie, but is it terrible? No. It's a decent movie with a few funny moments and some spectacular animation, but it probably is Pixar's "least best" movie. Still worth seeing, though.
  40. Dec 7, 2012
    Very good sequel to a great animated film.
  41. Oct 3, 2012
    Overall, it is a good animated movie. But this is not what I expect from Pixar. Complicated plot, occasionally cheesy voice acting and surprisingly basic presentation. The animation as always is fantastic. But still, I am very disappointed with Pixar. I expect a lot more from them. I hope they will redeem themselves in their next films.................
  42. Aug 28, 2012
    while theres not alot of character development in here it is still a site to see......................................................................
  43. Jul 22, 2012
    Okay Pixar has let us down completely, Cars 2 is boring, occasionally funny, and just terrible story telling right in the middle of it. And um where is all the heart Cars had which got it all the good reviews. Hmm Pixar can we trust you. And most of all making another Cars means that this franchise has no place in the other world that Pixar has created. Which makes it the moreOkay Pixar has let us down completely, Cars 2 is boring, occasionally funny, and just terrible story telling right in the middle of it. And um where is all the heart Cars had which got it all the good reviews. Hmm Pixar can we trust you. And most of all making another Cars means that this franchise has no place in the other world that Pixar has created. Which makes it the more disappointing. I give this film a 32% of a good movie. Expand
  44. Jul 11, 2012
    i loved this movie it was so beautiful in the lesson it taught that friends are friends and you cant expect them to change and i cant believe the critics hated it so much saying ooh it ventured from lighting mcqueen well i thought that cars 2 was great the way it was matter is the character most kids love not because he was a main character but because hes funny over all i would give it ai loved this movie it was so beautiful in the lesson it taught that friends are friends and you cant expect them to change and i cant believe the critics hated it so much saying ooh it ventured from lighting mcqueen well i thought that cars 2 was great the way it was matter is the character most kids love not because he was a main character but because hes funny over all i would give it a 90 out of 100 Expand
  45. Jul 11, 2012
    Cars 2 is Pixar's worst film to date, but that doesn't mean it's bad. It is a good film, but not a lot more, as some of the comedy isn't very funny and the plot isn't exactly top of the line. My main complaint of the film however is that it feels disjointed, giving you no time to get adjusted to "Lightning's" storyline, while also at times not giving you enough time to really get intoCars 2 is Pixar's worst film to date, but that doesn't mean it's bad. It is a good film, but not a lot more, as some of the comedy isn't very funny and the plot isn't exactly top of the line. My main complaint of the film however is that it feels disjointed, giving you no time to get adjusted to "Lightning's" storyline, while also at times not giving you enough time to really get into "Mater's" storyline. It's odd that they shifted the focus of the main protagonist to Mater, which, while isn't necessarily bad, some will find it very off-putting. The film is fun, and this is where it holds up, making it a 6/10, also it has a good plot twist that I did not see happening at all. All in all, it's a fun film that shouldn't be overlooked, but it should really be called something like "Cars: it's Materin' Time!" as the story revolves around Mater, giving a fun Spy based film with explosions and everything, but certainly no Pixar masterpiece like we should be getting given their track record. Expand
  46. Jul 5, 2012
    Although visually amazing, it lacks of a good plot and originality. It almost seems like a not very good James Bond movie. And I thought the main character was McQueen!! It had his funny moments, but not even that could save Cars 2 from blowing!
  47. Jun 24, 2012
    "Cars 2" is DEFINITELY NOT the original "Cars" you, if not, many others fell in love with back in 2006. Although its more "processed" and "generic" story will delight children, it may leave the older audience members waiting for more, due to it's abrupt, rushed, and face past ending. The animation is what you hope to expect from Pixar (in a good way), which presents the audience with crisp"Cars 2" is DEFINITELY NOT the original "Cars" you, if not, many others fell in love with back in 2006. Although its more "processed" and "generic" story will delight children, it may leave the older audience members waiting for more, due to it's abrupt, rushed, and face past ending. The animation is what you hope to expect from Pixar (in a good way), which presents the audience with crisp and pristine images of the action in front of you. Though Lightning McQueen's arrogant smirk is still plastered up front on all the posters, know that this is NOT HIS FILM. This film seems more of what of those mini-short specials just for Mater that got carried away for about an hour and a half, so be prepared for just that. If you are on a quest for the delight and charm of the original "Cars" go ahead and walk, or should I say race, your little butt back home, because there's gonna be a long wait for Lightning to be back in the lime light, for every other supporting character has to get their own little carried away feature too. Expand
  48. Jun 14, 2012
    I think Cars is one of the most overrated movies in the Disney/Pixar universe because I thought this was supposed to be an original look for Cars 2 (the same as the original Cars movie), but I find it a little less violent and the James Bond-type spy theme just isn't the type of script or design Pixar has hoped for. I loved how they done Toy Story and all of the critically-acclaimed moviesI think Cars is one of the most overrated movies in the Disney/Pixar universe because I thought this was supposed to be an original look for Cars 2 (the same as the original Cars movie), but I find it a little less violent and the James Bond-type spy theme just isn't the type of script or design Pixar has hoped for. I loved how they done Toy Story and all of the critically-acclaimed movies that we shared and thinking of the great moments since Oscar night arrives. Cars 2 just wasn't in the Oscar picture, it was the first and only movie not to receive an Oscar nomination because of the bad criticism these critics and fans felt. So I'm hoping that Disney/Pixar could put Brave to #1. It's a new year and hopefully they'd better not make the same mistakes as Cars 2 did. Cars 2 is one of the big disappointments of 2011. Expand
  49. May 13, 2012
    I personally believed that a sequel to Cars would be unnecessary, but Pixar's Toy Story movies have had fantastic sequels so I figured this one would be good, and I wasn't exactly wrong kids are going to love it but older audiences aren't and given Pixar's reputation of creating fantastic animated movies that both kids and adults love makes this disappointing. It's pretty funny evenI personally believed that a sequel to Cars would be unnecessary, but Pixar's Toy Story movies have had fantastic sequels so I figured this one would be good, and I wasn't exactly wrong kids are going to love it but older audiences aren't and given Pixar's reputation of creating fantastic animated movies that both kids and adults love makes this disappointing. It's pretty funny even throwing in a few laugh out loud moments, and seeing you favorite characters from Cars return is welcome, I didn't find the plot or new spy theme interesting, and Pixar took an appalling turn by adding killing to the movie so cautious parents beware. Like I said before kids are going to love it for it's humor and returning characters, but older audiences are going to be disappointed with it's bland and predictable story and spy setting, and upset/shocked at the killing in it, but respect it for keeping they're kids entertained and it's lesson on friendship, all in all not the worst but not the best, and a huge disappointment for Pixar fans. Expand
  50. May 10, 2012
    I was very disappointed with this film. It showed so much potential to be good but it was not at all good. The humor was very blank and the storyline seemed to drift off in some moments. 2 out of 10
  51. Apr 19, 2012
    Okay, let me re-explain what you probably know; Cars 2 is widely being considered as Pixar's worst. This is true. It's also being widely considered as a bad film. This is not true. I personally believe this is another great film from Pixar, it just plunges a little more into the Dreamworks tub. The story revolves around Mater, rather than Lightning McQueen, a mixed decision in my opinion.Okay, let me re-explain what you probably know; Cars 2 is widely being considered as Pixar's worst. This is true. It's also being widely considered as a bad film. This is not true. I personally believe this is another great film from Pixar, it just plunges a little more into the Dreamworks tub. The story revolves around Mater, rather than Lightning McQueen, a mixed decision in my opinion. On one hand, Lightning McQueen is a bland character, with little personality. And Mater, while much more interesting and defined, is also extremely one dimensional, and that really shows when he becomes the star of the show. Mater is mistaken as an American spy by two secret agents, Flinn McMissile and Holly Shiftwell. Mater then takes part in many missions, while the two secret agents have no idea he's just a regular tow truck. In the meantime, Lightning McQueen is on a World Grand Prix in hopes of beating the **** Francesco. There's a bit more to the plot than this, but that's the gist of it. The film certainly looks like a Pixar film. The animation is easily Pixar's best; appearing more detailed than that of Toy Story 3, and the various race/spy scenes give the movie a chance to show what it can do. Some things look impeccably real (in the last 20 minutes of the film, take a look at the trees). The film sounds like a Pixar movie too. The musical soundtrack is performed masterfully by Michael Giacchino. Also, the voice talents have been selected carefully, just as in all Pixar films. The original voice actors are back (though due to the death of two characters, Fillmore's voice has been replaced and Doc is deceased), though most of them get few appearances. Also, John Ratzenberger (who gets a role in every Pixar film) has an infestimal role in this film: only two lines. So, the film sounds and looks like a Pixar, but it doesn't feel like one. Compared to the other Pixars, the story is weak and disappointing. Also, there is none of the heart and emotion that made the other Pixars so lovable. There's little adult-kid balance, so most parents won't be watching with their kids, which is completely opposite of other Pixars, where parents may enjoy the film more than the kids. I said earlier that this film is more like a Dreamworks movie. This is because of the lack of emotion, the shallow story, and the kid appeal. Even the humor is a little more Dreamworks oriented, a lot of it being roll-your-eyes kind of humor, and there's even some potty humor. That's not to say you won't laugh; there are plenty of amusing bits, but overall, it pales in comparison to Pixar's previous efforts. Concluding, this is Pixar's worst film, hands down. However, it's still a great film, although flawed. It's certainly not a must see like the other Pixars, but it's good enough. Just don't do this to us again, Pixar: I won't be quite as forgiving. Expand
  52. Apr 5, 2012
    I honestly don't understand why this movie has taken such a beating. Personally, it's my least favorite Pixar movie, and it does have its share of problems, but I still enjoyed it. Why? Because I knew it wasn't meant be a tear-jerking masterpiece like Up or Toy Story 3 - it was meant to be a simple, fun, summer comedy. And it succeeds at that. It doesn't have to be emotional or profound inI honestly don't understand why this movie has taken such a beating. Personally, it's my least favorite Pixar movie, and it does have its share of problems, but I still enjoyed it. Why? Because I knew it wasn't meant be a tear-jerking masterpiece like Up or Toy Story 3 - it was meant to be a simple, fun, summer comedy. And it succeeds at that. It doesn't have to be emotional or profound in order to be good. It's nice to take a break from all that crying for a change! (Not that there's anything wrong with Pixar movies making you cry.) Sure, it's not Pixar's best by a long shot, but just because it isn't the next WALL-E or Toy Story or Finding Nemo doesn't mean that it isn't good. Kudos to Pixar for branching out, trying something different, and proving that they still don't know how to make a bad movie! 8/10. Expand
  53. Mar 26, 2012
    Lets start of with the good things. The action sequences are well done and there are a lot of them. And the visuals are top notch. It really does feel like youâ
  54. Mar 16, 2012
    In isolation Cars 2 will not have won over new audience, but should have tickled the audience of the first outing enough to long for a 3rd instalment.
  55. Mar 3, 2012
    Clear, concise, intelligent and humorous - such is Cars 2. Cars was never my favorite Pixar, but coming out of the theater after seeing the sequel, I found myself smiling over a clever, well-thought, simply entertaining film. There is no deep, emotional story, but for entertainment this is by far extremely enjoyable. The humor is intelligent (not crude, suggestive or shallow like so manyClear, concise, intelligent and humorous - such is Cars 2. Cars was never my favorite Pixar, but coming out of the theater after seeing the sequel, I found myself smiling over a clever, well-thought, simply entertaining film. There is no deep, emotional story, but for entertainment this is by far extremely enjoyable. The humor is intelligent (not crude, suggestive or shallow like so many other animated films), the story moves at a solid, easy to understand pace and the characters are engaging. Mater is a character that is easy to root for with his positive outlook on life and his compassion toward everyone around him. When it comes to giving a good example of a nonjudgmental attitude, Mater is hard to beat. Finn McMissile has many of the typical spy characteristics, but goes beyond what we stereotypically think of the "James Bond" character by showing kindness and respect toward others. He openly admits his own shortcomings/need for help, while remaining debonair through it all. He doesn't even show the womanizing side so easily associated with the "spy world" and instead shows his female counterpart a great deal of respect. Kudos to Pixar for their work on these characters. There is lots of "eye candy" in the depth of animation and the creative little touches to background motifs that make this world truly and mechanically unique. After seeing the film numerous times on various screens, I am still catching the little details placed in the film - all of which have never been of any suggestive nature inappropriate for a general viewing audience. This film also allows us a chance to look at some of our little idiosyncrasies in a fun way and gives positive messages such as friendship, compassion and honesty. While not for everyone - a caution to families with young children due to intense action sequences and suggested deaths - for older children through adults, Pixar's continued show of intelligent film making sets it apart from all other animation companies regardless of where the awards land. As for what I witnessed during my various visits to the theater for this film, everyone was fully engaged - laughing, cheering and generally having a good time. We all left with smiles, which I think says a lot for the film. My money will remain on Pixar. Expand
  56. Mar 2, 2012
    Cars 2 is basically the first Cars with a sprinkle of The Fast and the Furious. This was an experiment that Pixar has never done before and I respect that. Just because Cars 2 isn't a heartwarming Toy Story 3 doesn't mean that it is bad. Cars 2 breaks the overused tradition of other Pixar films and thats why I don't think it is as bad as the critics say it is.
  57. Feb 5, 2012
    "Cars 2" Has took away from me sweet 90 minutes, Which I will never ask back.
    I really loved the world race thing,good job Disney.
    A nice experience of relaxing movie, which combines action,fantasy, and extremely fun and epic cars world, Which I wish to visit only in my dreams.
    83/100.
  58. Dec 20, 2011
    I have seen all Pixer films and its totally clear to me that this is the worst movie that they made , I can't believe an Pixer film could be this much worst . What did they just do ? The animation was good but the story sucked 100% and it was less funny then any Animation film ever made . The starting was good (when L returned home) but after that all went to hell . Request to Pixer not toI have seen all Pixer films and its totally clear to me that this is the worst movie that they made , I can't believe an Pixer film could be this much worst . What did they just do ? The animation was good but the story sucked 100% and it was less funny then any Animation film ever made . The starting was good (when L returned home) but after that all went to hell . Request to Pixer not to make this mistake ever please . Expand
  59. Dec 19, 2011
    Part 2 falls flat on its face, the story plot is too deep for young minds, too much gun play for a childrens movie, my wife and I walked out about half way through. Probably one of the worst movies I have seen in a long, long, long time.
  60. Dec 10, 2011
    I did not think I would have liked this movie, but I was as funny as the first. They did not change any of the original cast and added a few new ones. The only think I didn't like is how they took mater and made him into a spy I don't see the ties with the first movie.
  61. Nov 27, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is the first time I have felt so let down by a Pixar film. Cars 2 exploded into the cinemas with such great expectations usually filled by the magicians over at Pixar, particularly after their first great hit with Cars; however, these expectations were not met and, subsequently, what was once a good idea has now been squandered.

Pixar should not be slated entirely, however; they still maintained their impeccable graphics, character reactions and humour input in Cars 2, yet the film lacked a general sense of any sort of storyline. We see our favourite character Lightning McQueen burst back into the fray near the beginning of the film when, without any sort of heads up, the audience suddenly discovers he has won the Piston Cup four times, is now officially going out with Sally and Doc Hudson has died. This is just the start of what created such a flat effort for a film; new character introductions were brief, the attempt at a storyline was sloppy and there was no effort to show how amazing Lightning McQueen was at racing. The whole film revolved around a brand-new renewable fuel for cars called Allinol and, ever since its introduction, conquered the whole film in every scene possible. Okay, so maybe the film was about Allinol and how it was going to be used to kill Lightning McQueen in a very dramatic way, but I just miss the ideology behind the original Cars. Another main problem lies with Lightning McQueen's recession into more of a background character; the main character becomes Mater who, in short, is a funny character, but his characteristic traits can only be stretched out by so much and 106 minutes is far too stretched. Pixar are now to redeem themselves and prove to their countless fans that they can produce another decent film with a great backing storyline mixed with characters you are forced to love and hate. Pixar's new film, Brave, now has very high expectations in order to excuse this below-par effort at a film, for never before have I been disappointed in a Pixar film.
  62. Oct 24, 2011
    It put several smiles on my face, i laughed several times, and I greatly enjoyed it!
    I'm not sure how people didn't like it...
    It isn't that I'm a die-hard Pixar fan and will like anything they put out. But, craftsmanship, quality, and an understanding for what really makes a humorous, yet not passively-aggressive-minded movie, shows through every frame of this movie . I'm so confused as
    I'm not sure how people didn't like it...

. I'm so confused as why people don't like it. It's brilliant!
    If anyone from Pixar is discouraged by these ratings, and happens to be reading this, just keep doing what you've been doing. Don't let other people tell you who you are ;]
  63. Oct 20, 2011
    Loved it, found it the best out of all of the other films. It has a lot of action and is just plain wonderful. I really really hope they make a new one, Cars 3.
  64. Oct 16, 2011
    Cars wasn't Pixar's finest hour but it had style, it was still clever, with some fantastically funny moments. It also had a novelty factor working in its favour. Cars 2 doesn't have that to fall back on and because it lacks the heart of the first its just a shell of a movie.
    Cars 2 represents an amalgam of recycled jokes, ideas and images from every other film that came before it and because of that you feel empty after having seen it, as if you went to a nice restaurant expecting a big piece of meat but instead you got a salad.
    Cars 2 moves away from the original in favour of turning the franchise into a comedy spy thriller, because that always works out so well (Get Smart, Johnny English 1 & 2). The introduction of Michael Caine's Finn McMissile does add an element of humour and entertainment but the fact that the film concentrates more on Mater (Larry the Cable Guy) than Lightning McQueen (Owen Wilson) seemed like a good idea but it eventually grates. Overall by moving away from Cars in favour of making the 2nd film more lively it has taken away some of the things that really did make Cars enjoyable.
  65. Sep 29, 2011
    Ok this movie was hilarious, stop hating on Larry the cable guy. he maybe low brow but he's funny ok? stop trying to be so sophisticated and laugh you stuck up jerks. as for the violence and death of CARS!!!! its rated PG for a reason morons, it stands for Parental Guidance, which mean you guide your child into the theater and if they don't understand something you do your best to itOk this movie was hilarious, stop hating on Larry the cable guy. he maybe low brow but he's funny ok? stop trying to be so sophisticated and laugh you stuck up jerks. as for the violence and death of CARS!!!! its rated PG for a reason morons, it stands for Parental Guidance, which mean you guide your child into the theater and if they don't understand something you do your best to it explain to them when the movie is over. it is your responsibility to screen what your children watch NOT DISNEY/PIXAR. they have done their part by saying. "HEY, GUESS WHAT? THIS MOVIE IS ABOUT SPIES. SPIES SOMETIMES KILL PEOPLE. THAT'S WHY WERE PUTTING A PG RATING ON THIS MOVIE" just get over your selves you jerks. Expand
  66. Sep 18, 2011
    The movie is overly creative with a complex story-telling that is not quite for the kids to understand. I know that Pixar can do better, and I hope they will.
  67. Sep 10, 2011
    Well Pixar has done it again. Cars 2 may not be the best Pixar has done , it is still fun to watch. Many new voice actors were brought in for this movie, Eddie Izzard, Jeff Gordon, Michael Caine, Jeff Garlin, Bruce Campbell and many others, my favorite was Michael Caine. Caine is good in most things, and this spy character he pulls off perfectly. AS with most Pixar movies the animation isWell Pixar has done it again. Cars 2 may not be the best Pixar has done , it is still fun to watch. Many new voice actors were brought in for this movie, Eddie Izzard, Jeff Gordon, Michael Caine, Jeff Garlin, Bruce Campbell and many others, my favorite was Michael Caine. Caine is good in most things, and this spy character he pulls off perfectly. AS with most Pixar movies the animation is top notch, and the final 25 minutes are great amounts of CG. The film does start out kind of stupid but it then gets really entertaining. My only gripe i have about the movie, is how it differs a lot from the first film, the first film was a racing movie and very heartwarming, this one is more of an action movie and spy movie than a racing movie, plus the plot is all over the place. But the comedy is still spot on with this movie, it still has all the original characters as the original, Mater, Sally, Flo, Ramone, Sarge, Filmore, Guido, Luigi, the only one not there is Doc Hudson. Now i was wondering how they were going to do Doc for the movie, if they were going to kill him off, or if they were going to get another voice actor for him like they did for Slinky in the new Toy Story. Speaking of Toy Story there is a fantastic short film before the movie that is about all the Toy Story 3 characters having a hawaian vacation. if you are looking for a decent animated film definitely check this out. Expand
  68. Sep 10, 2011
    Lightning McQueen (Owen Wilson) is offered a placement to race in a new international race circuit involving the greatest style of race cars. However, there is one specific race car McQueen desires to beat, the Italian Francesco Bernoilli The hardly see eye to eye on the race track. The International races are located at Tokyo, Italy and London. Sadly, Mater has a problem. He must takeLightning McQueen (Owen Wilson) is offered a placement to race in a new international race circuit involving the greatest style of race cars. However, there is one specific race car McQueen desires to beat, the Italian Francesco Bernoilli The hardly see eye to eye on the race track. The International races are located at Tokyo, Italy and London. Sadly, Mater has a problem. He must take part in a mission to stop the evil villains destroying the best cars with their lasers.

Mater appears to have the spotlight throughout, unlike McQueen in the first installment. We see the rusty truck as a sidekick to McQueen as he sets out to be the hero and becoming a spy along with Holley Shiftwell (Emily Mortimer) and Finn McMissile (Michael Caine) whose voice acting is superb. A few action scenes reminiscent of James Bond films appear in the film which are very enjoyable and keep the older audience from getting bored. The moral message to this film is â
  69. Sep 4, 2011
    Wij vonden de film hartstikke leuk! De hele klas heeft ervan genoten! We hopen op een Cars 3!! De verhaallijn had misschien iets simpeler gekund, maar Cars blijft Cars! We zijn 3 keer naar de bioscoop geweest, en zodra de film op dvd uit komt rennen mijn kinderen meteen naar de winkel!Jammer dat Cars 3 door sommige wordt afgekraakt!Zijn gewoon jaloers!Cars blijft speelgoed verkopen al 5Wij vonden de film hartstikke leuk! De hele klas heeft ervan genoten! We hopen op een Cars 3!! De verhaallijn had misschien iets simpeler gekund, maar Cars blijft Cars! We zijn 3 keer naar de bioscoop geweest, en zodra de film op dvd uit komt rennen mijn kinderen meteen naar de winkel!Jammer dat Cars 3 door sommige wordt afgekraakt!Zijn gewoon jaloers!Cars blijft speelgoed verkopen al 5 jaar lang, wie doet jullie dat na??!!Be proud!!And good job!! Expand
  70. Sep 2, 2011
    I consider myself a great Pixar fan, I have loved every movie since Toy Story but in this one, I can just say: I **** HATE MATER!!! .
  71. Aug 31, 2011
    I read the reviews here before I decided on going for the movie. Judging by the low score here, I assumed it would be a pretty flat movie but I was pleasantly surprised! Not only is this movie as good as the first, in some respects its even better. The only reason I would suspect that this movie got a low score here is that its a bit too involved to be a pure kiddy movie. Its actually gotI read the reviews here before I decided on going for the movie. Judging by the low score here, I assumed it would be a pretty flat movie but I was pleasantly surprised! Not only is this movie as good as the first, in some respects its even better. The only reason I would suspect that this movie got a low score here is that its a bit too involved to be a pure kiddy movie. Its actually got all the pizazz of a James Bond flick and plenty of laughs thrown in as well. Sure the dialog could be better in some places, but its really not all that bad a film overall. Expand
  72. Aug 27, 2011
    A good exciting cool car action movie with gadgets and guns,exciting chases,spy action and Big explosions,better than the original.I bet they are going to make a third cars movie for a secret villian.My favorite part is when mater says dad-gum and then the computer activates the terminator guns and shoots crazlily, it was funny.and my other part is the beginning thats the most start for aA good exciting cool car action movie with gadgets and guns,exciting chases,spy action and Big explosions,better than the original.I bet they are going to make a third cars movie for a secret villian.My favorite part is when mater says dad-gum and then the computer activates the terminator guns and shoots crazlily, it was funny.and my other part is the beginning thats the most start for a spy named Finn Mcmissle,who does gadgets,guns and car-fu.that was like my favorite action scene in the movie.My other funny scene is that mater tastes the wassabi and his tongue was burning off-screen. Expand
  73. Aug 27, 2011
    What?!?!?! Pixar can make a bad film?! The Apocalypse really is near! LOL. I saw this while in Minnesota with my cousins, expecting an enjoyable experience. Sadly, it felt lie I was watching one of those straight-to-video Disney films they keep making. That doesn't mean it's unbearable. The jokes are kind of amusing, and it accidentally spoofs the summer blockbuster. I think it would haveWhat?!?!?! Pixar can make a bad film?! The Apocalypse really is near! LOL. I saw this while in Minnesota with my cousins, expecting an enjoyable experience. Sadly, it felt lie I was watching one of those straight-to-video Disney films they keep making. That doesn't mean it's unbearable. The jokes are kind of amusing, and it accidentally spoofs the summer blockbuster. I think it would have been good, if only Mater hadn't been made the main character. That really reminds you of Family Matters making Urkel the main character. Expand
  74. Aug 22, 2011
    My 3.5 year old boy loves all Pixar movies, as do I. Cars 2 should be rated PG, not G, as it IS very violent. Guns, explosions, and killing/death are what the entire movie consists of, oh yeah and racing. We are trying to limit the amount of violence/weapons our son intakes. If you remember, even in Toy Story, Woody never had a gun in his holster, always empty. I don't necesarily mind thatMy 3.5 year old boy loves all Pixar movies, as do I. Cars 2 should be rated PG, not G, as it IS very violent. Guns, explosions, and killing/death are what the entire movie consists of, oh yeah and racing. We are trying to limit the amount of violence/weapons our son intakes. If you remember, even in Toy Story, Woody never had a gun in his holster, always empty. I don't necesarily mind that Pixar went this route cause it's not there job to cater to young children. I am however disapointed that the MPAA approved a G rating for this film when it CLEARLY should be PG Expand
  75. Aug 16, 2011
    Disney/Pixar destroyed a great story with violence and lots of GUNS!

Disney/Pixar destroyed a great story with violence and lots of GUNS!

What happened? They destroyed a great story. Cars was a wonderful movie with a beautiful message and no violence. Now, Cars 2 is just an attempt to make a Hollywood action film (supposedly for kids). Guns? Really? And then we complain about kids with guns?! The violence includes guns, shooting, explosions, death.. Furthermore they make Mater look as ignorant as the rest of the world sees us. There is also some alcohol...I will never buy this movie for my son, who by the way didn't enjoy this film as much as the first one any ways. People in charge of story lines are way off if their target are kids and parents who will pay for the crap they want!
  76. Aug 13, 2011
    I saw Cars 2 expecting it to be amazing since Cars was my favourite childhood movie and it was amazing. It was the best Pixar, has the best soundtrack for a pixar and one of the best movies I've ever seen. This was the sequal to my favourite childhood film and it was amazing!
  77. Aug 9, 2011
    Decent movie but one of Pixar's worst even though it's better than most trash out right now though. It has a few really funny moments that are rare in most animated movies of other studios.
  78. Aug 7, 2011
    Terrible Terrible ! I Adored Cars 1 , But this oh myy.. Can they really have Cars MURDERING each other in kids movie ? Im sitting there with my 4 year old tot and cars are murdering and carrying weapons , barking death threats oh my gosh it was just WOAH ! Well who are we to talk , Pixars making MILLIONS AND MILLIONS off merchandising . Wait.. Oh ya ! Thats why Cars 2 was released. Oh the money (:
  79. Aug 5, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A VHS copy of the musical "Hello, Dolly" is the robot's most-prized possession. "WALL-E", a lonely earthbound portable garbage compactor, makes a recording of the duet "It Only Takes a Moment" because the song moves him, inspiring the machine to hold his own hand, in imitation of the characters who have fallen for each other, from a long-ago past when the planet was habitable. Nothing green grows on earth anymore. The detritus of human civilization, bearing a color scheme that's nearly monochromatic in its brownness, is all that's left. Overrun by trash, entire populations boarded vast spaceships, leaving WALL-E behind with the endless job of minimizing waste into stacked cubes, while the planetary refugees floated around space in what are, essentially, movable countries, displaced indefinitely from their homes. But what does hardware know about love? How can something made out of microprocessors and integrated circuits develop a consciousness? At what point in time did "it" evolve and become a "he"? It's only a matter of time before robots like Eve(as in Adam &) supplant a human race made morbidly obese by generation upon generation of insentient living. Whereas "WALL-E" presents a dystopian take on our extrapolated planet that's easily identifiable, "Cars 2"(and "Cars"), obscures the nightmarish elements of a four-wheeled society through the audience's supposition that this largely inorganic world is an alternate one. Under closer scrutiny, "Cars" starts to look more and more Cronenberg-ian, in which the pornography of auto fetishism in "Crash" actually gets put into practice. Let's meet the Flintstones again. Similar to the animated series, with its parodic names like Rock Quarry and Cary Granite to corroborate the Jurassic Period setting, both films use car-centric names(Bob Cutlass, Brent Mustangburger) as a means of harmonizing its metal beings with this variant earth. But when it comes to places, in which Bedford becomes Bedrock, the conversion process stalls in "Cars 2" stalls, leaving the names of Paris, Tokyo, and London in its original incarnation, and furthermore, the landmarks of the cities(for instance, the Eiffel Tower) remain unaltered. Where are we, exactly? In "Planet of the Apes", the astronaut learns that he traveled across time, not space, when he discovers Lady Liberty in ruins, decapitated and rusting, along the shoreline of what turns out to be the Atlantic Ocean. Dr. Zaius' best efforts to perpetuate the long-standing notion of simian superiority is undermined by a chimpanzee, the archaeologist Cornelius, who unearths artifacts which proves that apes evolved from man during his cave excavations in the forbidden zone. "Cars" shares with "Planet of the Apes" the same conspiracy: the suppression of evolution. While remaining silent on the subject of man, despite the cars' admission that dinosaurs existed, they give themselves away, therefore deeming full disclosure of the timeline a moot point. Unlike Dreamworks, whose "Shrek" films employ a lot of pop culture references, Pixar avoids such anachronisms(the post-modernism of pastiche) yet in "Cars", Kenny G.'s "Songbird" scores a cheap laugh when a car gang puts Mack to sleep with the easy-listening jazz, causing the truck to lose his precious cargo(Lightning McQueen). This instrumental, like the videotape in "Wall-E", proves that man existed. Quite possibly, he's the missing link. Bolstering this theory, a VW bus, an auto-hippie, without any spoofing appellation, names Hendrix, after a military jeep voices his displeasure with the metalized version of "The Star-Spangled Banner". This is our earth, not some near-identical equivalent, like the one in the Tim Burton remake, where the film ends with a man staring aghast at the Lincoln Memorial, augmented with ape-like features. These cars are partly human. Vestiges of their humanity can be glimpsed in their faces. In addition to the eyes, Lightning has a tongue, while Mater sports buckteeth like a hayseed. And somewhere in the recesses of their "brains", these evolved vehicles remember sex. In "Cars", Mater throws Lightning into a homosexual panic as the tow-truck uses his hook on the auto racing car's undercarriage(read; sodomy). Likewise, the spy in "Cars 2", as suggested by the double entendre inherent in the name Holly Shiftswell, denotes a woman who was mustard in the sack. Unlike "Planet of the Apes", perhaps the conspiracy is an extra-diegetic one. In "Cars", Sally waxes nostalgic about Radiator Springs in the fifties. This history runs concurrently with the our timeline. What if she's lying? What if the conspiracy is the film itself, in which the narrators, both omniscient and first-person are fallible? In the climactic race for the coveted Piston Cup("Cars"), a blimp hanging over the stadium reads "Light Year". It's a clue. Exactly what year is it in this planet of the cars? Maybe these aren't Anno Domini times. Expand
  80. Aug 2, 2011
    As a major Pixar-Disney film lover, this film crushed my heart into a million pieces. I openly hated the first Cars film, but convinced myself this was Pixar's way of apologizing and making up for it. Going into the film with incredibly low expectations (for both my memory of the first and poor reviews critically) the film was still worse than I would had anticipated. The characters areAs a major Pixar-Disney film lover, this film crushed my heart into a million pieces. I openly hated the first Cars film, but convinced myself this was Pixar's way of apologizing and making up for it. Going into the film with incredibly low expectations (for both my memory of the first and poor reviews critically) the film was still worse than I would had anticipated. The characters are one-note, we never see anything endearing about these characters or really get to know them on a personal level. They do not have the instant lovable quality of any other characters which is not just because they are cars, Wall-E made robots look cute and cuddly after all. For a studio as progressive as Pixar I found the portrayals of characters in the film to be stereotypical and unfair and bad representations of the countries in this film (as the plot takes place and features characters from around the globe.) Mater is the single worst character in Pixar's history and it is a slap in the face that they made him an even larger part in the sequel, which is no doubt the worst film in Pixar's history, it should have been scrapped or made straight to dvd. I have faith in them still, as I loved the Toy Story short before this atrocious film. Fingers crossed for Brave and all their future ventures. Expand
  81. Aug 1, 2011
    Not terribly bad, nor amazingly good. Pixar, surely, made a mistake with this one. Cars 2 brings back the first movie's characters in a new storyline and a new point of view. More than the last one, the cars are humanised while a mess is made right in front of you. On one side of the story, there's a GP - the only place where you can see McQueen - and, on the other, there's some kind ofNot terribly bad, nor amazingly good. Pixar, surely, made a mistake with this one. Cars 2 brings back the first movie's characters in a new storyline and a new point of view. More than the last one, the cars are humanised while a mess is made right in front of you. On one side of the story, there's a GP - the only place where you can see McQueen - and, on the other, there's some kind of 007-ish thing happening - where you find a more stupid Tom Mater. Nevertheless, it's a funny and well-done movie. Of course, there are many better things to watch, but it is an option at worst. Just an option, not the best... Expand
  82. Aug 1, 2011
    While not the best Pixar film, still better than most animated films, and thourghly enjoyable
    The haters rating it a 0 just because they want to see pixar fall is pathetic, nothing should deserve a 0
  83. Jul 31, 2011
    This movie is a total cash in. Worst Pixar movie. The great thing about Pixar movies is that they appeal to a wide audience, but not this movie. If you have kids under 5 and want to take them to see an okay movie this one will suffice. Pixar should stop making sequels an go back to being original. (they got lucky with Toy Story and should stop with 3). There is no emotional attachment toThis movie is a total cash in. Worst Pixar movie. The great thing about Pixar movies is that they appeal to a wide audience, but not this movie. If you have kids under 5 and want to take them to see an okay movie this one will suffice. Pixar should stop making sequels an go back to being original. (they got lucky with Toy Story and should stop with 3). There is no emotional attachment to the characters in this movie like there are in other Pixar movies and the dialogue is terrible. If you like Mater you might like this movie but I don't think you can have a movie centered around your comic relief. Expand
  84. Jul 26, 2011
    Finally saw this movie earlier today and to be honest, i enjoyed it. I almost didnt see it because of what everyone has been saying about it. It was good but it definitely is at the bottom of my list of pixar films. I went in with low expectations and i wasnt disappointed. Ive been a huge Pixar fan, but never a big cars fan, the first one was at the bottom of my pixar list and now theFinally saw this movie earlier today and to be honest, i enjoyed it. I almost didnt see it because of what everyone has been saying about it. It was good but it definitely is at the bottom of my list of pixar films. I went in with low expectations and i wasnt disappointed. Ive been a huge Pixar fan, but never a big cars fan, the first one was at the bottom of my pixar list and now the second one is there. This movie was decent ill give it that. I cant say it was a disappointment because you'd have to expect something in order to be disappointed and i didnt expect much because i never really liked cars and i didnt like the fact that they made a sequel to my least favorite pixar movie, and they shouldnt have. I know they are making a sequel to monsters inc (my fav pixar film) but that shouldve been thought of first before this, feels like they rushed this one into theatres, dont get me wrong, i did still enjoy it but they couldve spent more time on it and thought of a better storyline. I think alot of people disliked this movie so much because it was released right after toy story 3 which was really good and it set the bar real high for pixar. Anyways i still enjoyed this movie even though im not a cars fan. More like 5.5/10 but ill round it up to 6 because its Pixar. Expand
  85. Jul 25, 2011
    You think that Pixar would learn there mistakes with the first one and try to improve it, the answer is no. Not only is the plot rediculous since it takes plot elements from The World is Not Enough and North By Northwest making it the most unoriginal animated feature since Alpha and Omega. it doesn't even bother to develop the characters new and old.
    Another terrible idea is Mater having
    Another terrible idea is Mater having more screen time. I mean c'mon he had more screen time in those Mater shorts. It tries to do a spoof of the spy genre but the jokes are to predictible and makes it looked like it was made in the sixties. Not even the supporting actors like Michael Caine (who's probably having nightmares of his experience in Jaws 4) and Emily Mortimer can save this from being overshadowed by another animated sequel (Kung Fu Panda 2) which I rather rewatch than see this again.
    While Toy Story had great sequels thanks to great plots and character development, this you could considered as the black sheep of the Pixar canon.
  86. Jul 20, 2011
    "Cars 2" does not meet the normal standards of other Pixar films, like "Toy Story 3" or "Wall-E". However, "Cars 2" is a major improvement from the first one. The soundtracks are awesome and resemble those of real spy movies. Overall, "Cars 2" is packed with action, but contains jokes that are lame and few boring, tedious scenes. Although "Cars 2" does not meet Pixar standards, it does a"Cars 2" does not meet the normal standards of other Pixar films, like "Toy Story 3" or "Wall-E". However, "Cars 2" is a major improvement from the first one. The soundtracks are awesome and resemble those of real spy movies. Overall, "Cars 2" is packed with action, but contains jokes that are lame and few boring, tedious scenes. Although "Cars 2" does not meet Pixar standards, it does a better job than other animated films. Yes, "Cars 2" is not the best movie, but it is a wonderful movie to watch during the summer and blow away your heat and sweat. The extra price for 3D is worth it and the visual effects are stunning! "Cars 2" is a disappointment, compared to films like "Toy Story 3" and "Up", but still manages to make the audience packed with action. Expand
  87. Jul 20, 2011
    I have now seen the movie Cars 2 3 times and in between have refreshed my memory of Cars. Cars 2 is FANTASTIC!! It's funny, it's clever and it's the best sequel to any movie that has been produced in a very long time. I wondered where Lightning and the other wonderful characters would end up after Radiator Springs. Total props to the creative folks at Pixar! Once again the talented peopleI have now seen the movie Cars 2 3 times and in between have refreshed my memory of Cars. Cars 2 is FANTASTIC!! It's funny, it's clever and it's the best sequel to any movie that has been produced in a very long time. I wondered where Lightning and the other wonderful characters would end up after Radiator Springs. Total props to the creative folks at Pixar! Once again the talented people there have transformed a surreal place, time and characters to a mind blowing realistic world. To the people that have complained about taking the America out or not making McQueen the star attraction, for one, the movie is "CARS 2." Not Lightning McQueen. You all must have owned a lemon when you were much younger and you are bitter and jealous. For the ones that thought Cars 2 was "violent" for their children to see. I will not and would hope Disney would never apologize for the grown up interactions in the movie since Cars came out in 2006. Against your will your children have grown up and amazingly so did the characters and concept of the movie. Did your child enjoy ALL of the Shrek movies? What about the Toy Story movies? How about the Suite life of Zack and Cody? Regardless of what your personal, out of date opinion is of Cars 2 is, they seamlessly integrated new characters, an interesting mission with real world facts and may have even set up the chance for a spin off. What will you do then? Tell your child nothing changes? No one grows up? Good luck. Get over your self. Kids love this movie. So what's wrong with you? Expand
  88. BKM
    Jul 18, 2011
    While Cars 2 is visually stunning, it is the first Pixar film to feel a bit empty at its shiny center. Mater dominates the proceedings (a major part of the film's problem since he works better as a supporting player) unwittingly working as a spy while Lightning McQueen races in the World Grand Prix. This is the first Pixar film that seems geared almost entirely for kids which is a bitWhile Cars 2 is visually stunning, it is the first Pixar film to feel a bit empty at its shiny center. Mater dominates the proceedings (a major part of the film's problem since he works better as a supporting player) unwittingly working as a spy while Lightning McQueen races in the World Grand Prix. This is the first Pixar film that seems geared almost entirely for kids which is a bit of a disappointment. Still, there is enough inventiveness and chuckles to makes it a tolerable vieweing experience. Expand
  89. Jul 17, 2011
    Pixar's first terrible film. Mediocre storyline, broken script, useless 3D, bad voice acting, and more espionage than races makes from this sequel an absolute rip-off from James Bond.
  90. Jul 16, 2011
    This isn't bad, it's just not that good. Way different feel to the first, and pretty much feels like a cash grab. Not for younger kids, but not really sure who would enjoy it!
  91. Jul 15, 2011
    This movie is pretty much like it's predecessor in that it is full of slick visuals, light plot and sub-plot to keep children tuned-in. Unfortunately, my kids fell asleep halfway through. I enjoyed the movie. I enjoyed the pre-movie short featuring the "Toy Story 3" gang even more so. Go figure!
  92. Jul 15, 2011
    I'm not sure what's happening with movie critics. Everyone was probably expecting to be touched emotionally like many of the recent Pixar releases. But the thing is, this movie never intended to do so. It was intended to be a fun action movie, and the movie does a great job of doing so. If you don't like that, go watch something else.
  93. Jul 13, 2011
    Cars 2 is getting far too much hate. It may not be as emotionally deep as say, Toy Story 3, but Cars never was that. Cars 2 is a fun international spy spoofing enjoyable movie. The animation is beautiful, the score is fun, and the voice work is great. Do not listen to the critics... that is one of the first times I will say it. Cars 2 is a fantastic movie, that you should not miss out on.
  94. Jul 12, 2011
    Definitely not what I expected. Previous advertising led me to believe that this movie would be essentially a night out for kids under the age of 7. But it turned out to be a lot more complicated and mature. Sort of like a dumbed-down animated anthropomorphic spy movie. It didn't really have that feel for cars anymore. Since lightning McQueen became more of a side character and materDefinitely not what I expected. Previous advertising led me to believe that this movie would be essentially a night out for kids under the age of 7. But it turned out to be a lot more complicated and mature. Sort of like a dumbed-down animated anthropomorphic spy movie. It didn't really have that feel for cars anymore. Since lightning McQueen became more of a side character and mater became the head of the movie, it was almost like watching a different movie. Criticisms are that the bad guys weren't convincing and the plot was pretty messy. It sort of lacked that Pixar charm. Overall, though, go. Expand
  95. Jul 10, 2011
    More Pixar magic here. The detail in their movies is just plain incredible. It's photo-realistic at times. While marketed as Cars 2, this movie is really more of an extended Mater's Tales episode. There's plenty of laughs, sight gags, and silliness to keep most anyone entertained. The use of 3D is smart and not in any way distracting from the story or artistic direction of the movie.More Pixar magic here. The detail in their movies is just plain incredible. It's photo-realistic at times. While marketed as Cars 2, this movie is really more of an extended Mater's Tales episode. There's plenty of laughs, sight gags, and silliness to keep most anyone entertained. The use of 3D is smart and not in any way distracting from the story or artistic direction of the movie. I always come out of a Pixar film feeling like I got my money's worth, and this one is no exception. The short film that precedes the feature is just plain satisfying, as well. Expand
  96. Jul 6, 2011
    I heard a lot of bad comments about this movie. My thoughts : it was average. Well it's definitely better then the first one. People are complaining, but they forget that this movie is for KIDS. I was surprised that Matter had the leading role. I wasn't expecting that at all. But he was really annoying, especially when it's voiced by Larry the Cable Guy. This is probably one of the worstI heard a lot of bad comments about this movie. My thoughts : it was average. Well it's definitely better then the first one. People are complaining, but they forget that this movie is for KIDS. I was surprised that Matter had the leading role. I wasn't expecting that at all. But he was really annoying, especially when it's voiced by Larry the Cable Guy. This is probably one of the worst Pixar movies, including the first one. But why did they made a sequel to '' Cars " ? Why they didn't to that to a good Pixar movie, like '' Monsters, Inc. '' for example ? It bothers me a little. After seeing how terrible and boring '' Cars '' was, I would have never thought that they will make an other one. At least '' Cars 2 '' was more enjoyable. Also, I liked the fact that the world of Cars resembles our world. The animators did a good job on that. I liked how the makers made the cars holding a gun and stuff like that. Yes, there's action scenes with guns, which was way to violent for children. The imagination was there, but not the elements necessary to make a good and noticeable Pixar movie. Expand
  97. Jul 5, 2011
    This is a good movie, not a great movie. The first one is better but this one is still fun to watch especially if you watched the first one. It may not be Pixars best movies but people who enjoyed the first one should see it.
  98. Jul 5, 2011
    Lightning McQueen and tow truck Mater head to Japan and Europe to compete in the World Grand Prix, but Mater becomes sidetracked with international espionage as he helps two spies named Finn McMissile and Holly Shiftwell in an attempt to gain back his friend's trust while trying to foil an evil professor's scheme. I was shocked to see the negative reviews it had from the critics, so I'mLightning McQueen and tow truck Mater head to Japan and Europe to compete in the World Grand Prix, but Mater becomes sidetracked with international espionage as he helps two spies named Finn McMissile and Holly Shiftwell in an attempt to gain back his friend's trust while trying to foil an evil professor's scheme. I was shocked to see the negative reviews it had from the critics, so I'm going to disagree with them by saying that this movie is as good as the first. What can I say about it? Acting...fantastic Animation...well done Action...very impressive Comedy...funny as h*ll The only problem that I had with the movie was the pacing because it was so rushed with no reason. Cars 2 is Pixar's amazing sequel to a good movie. Keep up the work, guys. 8/10 Expand
  99. Jul 5, 2011
    We didn't make it to the end of the movie. My daughter was so bored she was running around. We had to leave and that did not bother me. I guess I will get it when it comes out on DVD but I am glad I did not pay for 3D.
  100. Jul 3, 2011
    I feel that I need to premise this review with the fact that I'm PIXAR's number one fan. I've loved every picture they've put out. Having said that, they've misstepped here. "Cars" was the worst movie from the PIXAR arsenal, but it was still a very solid film. It, by no means, warranted a sequel. Sadly, "Cars 2" happened anyway, and it's a mess. The plot is overcrowded, the dialogue isI feel that I need to premise this review with the fact that I'm PIXAR's number one fan. I've loved every picture they've put out. Having said that, they've misstepped here. "Cars" was the worst movie from the PIXAR arsenal, but it was still a very solid film. It, by no means, warranted a sequel. Sadly, "Cars 2" happened anyway, and it's a mess. The plot is overcrowded, the dialogue is much less intelligent than other PIXAR works, and the annoying "Mater" has, for some reason been promoted to te leading role (which was a terrible idea). His "aww-shucks" charm wears out fast, and by the end you're just waiting for him to shut his rusted trap. Other than a few witty jabs at global culture, "Cars 2" just isn't very good. (A a side note, the animation is gorgeous. It almost makes up for the crappy writing). Despite this flub, PIXAR is still a brilliant company who has an unprecedented record for quality. We can certainly forgive them for "Cars 2". Collapse

1. Reviewed by: Ian Freer
    Jul 18, 2011
    It's not vintage Pixar, but Cars 2 is still streets ahead of most of the animated pack. For all its energy and Bondian panache, perhaps its problems are insurmountable: Pixar's cars - and their universe - don't resonate and endear as much as its toys, monsters, clownfish and OAP dreamers.
  2. Reviewed by: J.R. Jones
    Jun 30, 2011
    A rare dud from Pixar.
  3. Reviewed by: Peter Rainer
    Jun 26, 2011
    Marginally better than its predecessor, but the same problem still remains: Cars just aren't very interesting as anthropomorphic animation vehicles (pun intended).