7.0

1. Aug 19, 2010
    Brothers buy boat after winning on horses, one brother meets actress, falls in love, other brother gambles & loses lots of money, ask rich Uncle for help, zzzzzzzzzzzz. It is pretty dreadful & not Woody Allen's finest hour. The accents are all over the place, McGregor & Farrell's acting are awful & not even the great Tom Wilkinson can save it. Didn't help that the ending was rubbish too!
  2. Sep 5, 2012
    I recently rewatched this film and though I remember liking it the first time it was ( I certainly can't say lovlier) better the 2nd time around.
    It works on so many levels the classic story, the acting, perfect Hitchcokian score courtesy of Philip Glass and finally it is beautifully shot. I agree with Manahlo Dargas maybe Woody should abandon comedies all together? I especially feel
    that after seeing "From Rome with Love". Cassandra's Crossing is one of those movies you want to rescue the characters, save them from themselves somehow. The two leads, Colin Farrel & Ewan McGregor have such chemistry and Farrel gives a truly poignant performance makes a gambling addiction understandable in a way I've not seen before on screen.
    Please see this film

Cassandra's Dream, an earnest meditation on greed, desire, murder and class struggle, is one of Woody Allen's funniest movies in years -- except Allen doesn't know it.
  2. In thematic terms, Cassandra's Dream could be looked at as a rebuttal to "Crimes and Misdemeanors."
    An uninspired if perfectly watchable drama.