8.4

1. Apr 4, 2015
    A very good movie (based on a true story) about a creative con man and a FBI agent chasing him. Great performance by Leonardo DiCaprio, Tom Hanks and Christopher Walken. Do not miss!
  2. Mar 13, 2015
    'Catch Me If You Can' is the most fun and intelligent movie I've ever seen, director Steven Spielberg has managed to craft a coherent and educational film that tells the amazing life of Frank Abagnale Jr. (Leonardo DiCaprio).

Spielberg, DiCaprio, Tom Hanks and Christopher Walken clearly had a lot of fun making this movie and this is one of the reasons why I love the movies. I could watch this again and again and again. I have never had so much fun just watching someone lie their way to success.
  3. Dec 31, 2014
    Catch Me If You Can is a very well made film who's greatest strength is its enjoyability. A very easy watch, this one is simply a fun and fast paced film that tells a riveting story that really hooks you in from the get go. Steven Spielberg directs this one brilliantly as usual and really tells the story of Frank Abagnale is a unique and enjoyable way. Leonardo DiCaprio is phenomenal here,Catch Me If You Can is a very well made film who's greatest strength is its enjoyability. A very easy watch, this one is simply a fun and fast paced film that tells a riveting story that really hooks you in from the get go. Steven Spielberg directs this one brilliantly as usual and really tells the story of Frank Abagnale is a unique and enjoyable way. Leonardo DiCaprio is phenomenal here, as are Tom Hanks, Christopher Walken, Amy Adams, and Martin Sheen. Really great cast on paper and they all did a great job in practice. The film does a really good job painting Abagnale as neither a bad guy or a good guy, rather you just feel sympathy for him since he is so smart, but uses his brains to steal, which is too bad and, plus, his rough home life certainly makes him even more sympathetic. Overall, Catch Me If You Can is a really well told, well acted, and well directed, film, that is just infinitely fun to watch. Expand
  4. Sep 4, 2014
    Catch Me If You Can is a breezy, light Spielberg film full o charm and great performances, especially DiCaprio and Walken. Hanks plays the slightly inept FBI agent, and the move closes with a surprisingly fulfilling ending. It is 140 minutes of entertainment, and maybe even some themes in there somewhere.
  5. Aug 24, 2014
    Although not considered one of Steven Spielberg's grander successes, Catch Me If You Can is one of the most fascinating and stimulating stories ever told. It also helps that the gang's all here... Leonardo DiCaprio, Tom Hanks and a film debut for Amy Adams.
  6. Jun 16, 2014
    Directed by Steven Spielberg and starring Tom Hanks, Leonardo Di Caprio, Christopher Walken, what more could anybody ask for ? Strongly acted, beautifully filmed, Catch Me If You Can successfully conveys a warm-hearted message not only about how the life of the probably most incredible con artist of 20th century, Frank Abagnale Jr. turned upside down due to the influence his father'sDirected by Steven Spielberg and starring Tom Hanks, Leonardo Di Caprio, Christopher Walken, what more could anybody ask for ? Strongly acted, beautifully filmed, Catch Me If You Can successfully conveys a warm-hearted message not only about how the life of the probably most incredible con artist of 20th century, Frank Abagnale Jr. turned upside down due to the influence his father's lifestyle and personality had on him, which raised sympathy rather than hatred but also about an unbelievable friendship between him, a criminal, and an FBI agent who, while attempting to have him arrested, realized his potential to become the world's leader in financial crime investigation. This is such a masterpiece that i am shocked by the fact that Leo didn't win the Academy Award for Best Actor. Expand
  7. May 15, 2014
    Very well put together movie. This is a drama film that will have you guessing what's to come. The conclusion is great, the acting is well done. The dialog in this is well written great movie highly recommend a viewing 8.9/10
  8. Jan 6, 2014
    Starting with tasteful credits, and ending in one of the most iconic film pursuits.
  9. Dec 31, 2013
    I watched this movie for a second time, and I still really enjoyed it. Though I must admit I do get a little fidgety at the start, finding it easy to lose interest for a few seconds, this movie never fails to catch my interest right back. The fact that it is a true story still amazes me, the movie portraying the story very well. It is a very fun and exciting movie to watch and theI watched this movie for a second time, and I still really enjoyed it. Though I must admit I do get a little fidgety at the start, finding it easy to lose interest for a few seconds, this movie never fails to catch my interest right back. The fact that it is a true story still amazes me, the movie portraying the story very well. It is a very fun and exciting movie to watch and the characters are played very well throughout the entirety of the film! Expand
  10. Dec 3, 2013
    Can glamor, style, beauty and charisma are better than the gross substance? Yes, Spielberg shows us that yes in its flash and as a director artificial version (took me to believe that he was the director until you see the final) DiCaprio and Hanks form a formidable duo in an almost platonic friendship, the cast of support does their role well (especially C.Walken illustrating the figureCan glamor, style, beauty and charisma are better than the gross substance? Yes, Spielberg shows us that yes in its flash and as a director artificial version (took me to believe that he was the director until you see the final) DiCaprio and Hanks form a formidable duo in an almost platonic friendship, the cast of support does their role well (especially C.Walken illustrating the figure of the patriarch example for family, good pint but insecure and flawed) catapulting stars at the time were mere adjuncts or doubt himself as DI Caprio, and Amy Adams (who knew) Jennifer Gardner.
    Its main defects are the means swollen end, and a certain indecision tonic, because it is not as funny as a com├ędiae not serious for a drama, but nothing that affects too, say that he is one of those movies that extol the quality of a director for its contrast with his previous films (which is not to say that the film is a masterpiece, but that impresses with versatility director, who is admit Spielberg).
  11. Aug 30, 2013
    Recently watched the movie, its entertaining, funny, gets you to think that with proper motivation you can achieve anything and in summary very well made film.
  12. Aug 9, 2013
    Why hasn't DiCaprio gotten an Academy Award? Ever since I saw this film that question has hung over me. "Catch Me If You Can" is brilliant, a beautifully delivered movie in all ways. This film has it all, great actors, realistic and witty dialogue, amazing cinematography, flawless execution and the list goes on and on. Out of all of Spielberg's films, I have to say that this one is myWhy hasn't DiCaprio gotten an Academy Award? Ever since I saw this film that question has hung over me. "Catch Me If You Can" is brilliant, a beautifully delivered movie in all ways. This film has it all, great actors, realistic and witty dialogue, amazing cinematography, flawless execution and the list goes on and on. Out of all of Spielberg's films, I have to say that this one is my favorite. A very entertaining and emotionally stimulating film that carries some of the most memorable performances I have seen ever. Expand
  13. Apr 21, 2013
    This one is a Steven Spielberg biographic classic. The story of a con-man in the 1960s who conned millions of checks and took the role of becoming a Pan Am Pilot, a doctor and a legal prosecuter is very interesting to watch. To me, it was interesting to see Frank basically just go all over the place. The movie has some very talented actors like Christopher Walken, Tom Hanks and especiallyThis one is a Steven Spielberg biographic classic. The story of a con-man in the 1960s who conned millions of checks and took the role of becoming a Pan Am Pilot, a doctor and a legal prosecuter is very interesting to watch. To me, it was interesting to see Frank basically just go all over the place. The movie has some very talented actors like Christopher Walken, Tom Hanks and especially Leonardo DiCaprio. This is easily one DiCaprio's top 5 films of all time. He really plays the role perfectly and has that kid like sense in him that we haven't seen since "What's Eating Gilbert Grape". Plus, Tom Hanks was a great supporting actor. I've never seen him as one of those "side characters". However, he manages to give a great performance as Carl Handratty. As far as storyline goes, it's all over the place. There's just so much to keep up with, but with Steven Spielberg, you're on a great journey with this likeable character. The movie does slow down at the end once Frank gets thrown in prison and eventually starts to work with the FBI, but other than that, the movie sets a good pace. Overall, it's an interesting biography on one of the biggest con-artist's in America. Expand
  14. Feb 24, 2013
    Catch Me If You Can is a true story and a triumph. This is a very different story and it's that uniqueness that lets you know it has to be true. You can't make this stuff up! Leo DiCaprio is amazing, showing the birth of one of the the countries all-time best con men, in a time when it was relatively easy to do. Tom Hanks is equally as good as the guy who's chasing him, showing once againCatch Me If You Can is a true story and a triumph. This is a very different story and it's that uniqueness that lets you know it has to be true. You can't make this stuff up! Leo DiCaprio is amazing, showing the birth of one of the the countries all-time best con men, in a time when it was relatively easy to do. Tom Hanks is equally as good as the guy who's chasing him, showing once again why he has the reputation that he does. This is one of the best films I've seen in a long time, don't be a fool, you have to see this! Expand
  15. May 16, 2012
    Although too slight to make a serious dent, Catch Me If You Can is a very entertaining effort from Spielberg. I say 'effort', but it all seems so effortless. Everything combines excellently in this movie; the excellent performances, the breezy pacing, the tight script, the sumptuous period detail... It might not be epic or even particularly deep, but Catch Me If You Can makes for aAlthough too slight to make a serious dent, Catch Me If You Can is a very entertaining effort from Spielberg. I say 'effort', but it all seems so effortless. Everything combines excellently in this movie; the excellent performances, the breezy pacing, the tight script, the sumptuous period detail... It might not be epic or even particularly deep, but Catch Me If You Can makes for a fantastic popcorn flick. Expand
  16. Jan 21, 2012
    A very entertaining and emotionally stimulating watch. Wouldn't say the film was unmissable but definitely a good use of some spare time. An interesting study of the sly and cunning of a legendary con artist , also on how simply appearance and sincerity on the exterior can affect human behaviour and confidence in the most powerful ways.
  17. Apr 16, 2011
    Underrated performance by Di Caprio who is excellent in this movie which starts well but I found it ran out of steam about half way through. Still an enjoyable movie and well worth a watch.
  18. Feb 22, 2011
    This is easily the most underrated movie ever
  19. Sep 19, 2010
    Smart, intelligent, and even adept movie with exciting, quick, well-made stylistic writing, and powerful performances by Di Caprio makes this movie superb.
  20. EdM.
    Dec 26, 2008
    Fantastic, witty, clever and nailbiting the entire time...J. Ryan G stop trying to be cleverer than everyone else all the fucking time and just enjoy a good film. you cunt !!
  21. RebeccaS.
    Oct 19, 2008
    This movie is smart, witty and plays with the elements of classic 1970's movies; such as one flew over the cukoo's nest. A highly entertaining watch.
  22. AlexP
    Feb 16, 2008
    This movie marked a turn for Di Caprio as a pretty face in terrible movies to a great actor in great movies. This movie is funny, smart, and moving and the acting does not disappoint either.
  23. GraceA.
    Nov 25, 2007
    I love it, a movie that can be watched over and over again and it will be good every time.
  24. PeterC.
    Nov 25, 2007
    Way underrated, this is an exciting, quick, and well built movie with an excellent plot. Leo and Tom together work, but Tom does the better job.
  25. BitBurn
    Aug 21, 2007
    Highly entertaining.
  26. Andy
    Jan 20, 2007
    Was entertaining but somewhat disappointing.
  27. IlirC.
    Jul 30, 2006
    Great movie which keeps you in it until the very last second.
  28. AlexZ.
    Jan 29, 2006
    I liked the movie overall. It had its funny moments like his first case at the court after he watched TV. The acting was great too from both Tom Hanks and Leonardo DiCaprio. Though overall it was pretty repetitive and thus became a little bit boring the more it moved to the end. After the first hour I'd have probably given it a 10 but it was a tad too long in my opinion. It's I liked the movie overall. It had its funny moments like his first case at the court after he watched TV. The acting was great too from both Tom Hanks and Leonardo DiCaprio. Though overall it was pretty repetitive and thus became a little bit boring the more it moved to the end. After the first hour I'd have probably given it a 10 but it was a tad too long in my opinion. It's still an entertaining movie and surely one of the better ones I've seen these days. Expand
  29. JamesM
    Dec 20, 2005
    Not particularly impressive, but an entertaining film nonetheless.
    Jul 29, 2005
    I like the style of the movie. Who knew stealing cash could be so fun? Unfortunately, Abagnale closed the book on that later (you'll know what i mean when you see the ending).
  31. J.RyanG.
    Jun 17, 2005
    This film tries to be several things it is not: A comedy, a tragedy, an adventure, a mystery. When it actually becomes any of the above, it is only momentary, and by incidental contact. Not incidentally, as with most Spielberg films, we are obliged to make this film out to be something it never is, not even for a moment: Entertainment.
  32. RadleyA.
    Sep 22, 2004
    A very good and inspiring film.
  33. PatC.
    Jan 13, 2004
    Good show. Probably a good example of when the bending of reality for film is inconsequential. But isn't it strange how criminals develop skills sought by the government? Coming soon the sequel: Frank W. Abagnale, Henhouse Guard.
  34. HalW.
    Nov 21, 2003
    Excellent Movie, Intriguing storyline.
  35. TimA.
    Jul 15, 2003
    This movie was great, the story was fascinating! Frank is a genius!
  36. LouisD.
    Jul 4, 2003
    I have only to words to describe this movie : Must See!
  37. AmyF.
    Jun 29, 2003
    Very good. Great cast. Leonardo DiCaprio and Tom Hanks worked very good together. It's worth you're time to see it.
  38. Shane
    Jun 28, 2003
    I liked it. It never got boring at all. Although I would have liked to see moe of Tom Hanks.
  39. AndrewP.
    Jun 2, 2003
    A very entertaining chase flick.
  40. Carrie
    May 30, 2003
    I thought that this movie was very well made. The ditecting, filming and acting was profound. I really like how the movie shows the affects on divorce on parents and children. I couldnt belive that it is a true story! a very good movie!
  41. AleksandarB.
    May 4, 2003
    Although much of the book has been cut out from the movie, it still is a good one.
  42. HashA.
    Apr 1, 2003
    Spielberg is the best movie maker of all time.. he makes the best movies ever and the cleverest movies ever.. just think of the movies he has done... and if someone says he isnt good then he hasnt seen any of his movies...: SAVING PRIVATE RYAN, MINORITY REPORT, CATCH ME IF YOU CAN, EMPIRE OF THE SUN i mean come on i cant list them all!!
  43. PaulM.
    Mar 16, 2003
    A very fun movie to sit back and smile a lot. It's very sly and clever (yet it gets just a little repetitve). Tom Hanks and Leo D are great as Carl Hanratty and Frank W. Abagnale Jr. (Christopher Walken steals the show though)
  44. MrE.
    Mar 10, 2003
    This moive is all round good and worthwhile. Only the fact that tom hanks has starred in so many much better films stops me from giving it 10!
  45. SamB.
    Mar 1, 2003
    Not great but worth a look.
  46. BarbT.
    Feb 23, 2003
    Entertaining...but definitely not worth paying $$ to see it in the theatre. Wait for video!
  47. DanaG.
    Feb 10, 2003
    Very good. Crime. Comedy and Altogether a very good movie. Unbeleivingly it's true.
  48. MichelleP.
    Feb 8, 2003
    I loved this movie! Why did DiCaprio quit acting for what-- 5 years?! He's such a talented actor! Tom Hanks was fantastic too. Way to go!
  49. MikeM.
    Jan 7, 2003
    Great movie, awesome cast. Frank Jr, learns the craft of the con from Frank Sr. and perfects it. Jennifer Garner can use this as a springboard to bigger and better things. Perhaps someday Leonardo will be as revered and versatile as Tom Hanks is today but it's still a wonderful performance. The film slowed a bit in parts but it shows why Frank Jr. decides that he can not live with hisGreat movie, awesome cast. Frank Jr, learns the craft of the con from Frank Sr. and perfects it. Jennifer Garner can use this as a springboard to bigger and better things. Perhaps someday Leonardo will be as revered and versatile as Tom Hanks is today but it's still a wonderful performance. The film slowed a bit in parts but it shows why Frank Jr. decides that he can not live with his parents. Expand
  50. AndyS.
    Jan 7, 2003
    Is it possible Spielberg still enjoys making movies? A decent craftsman with what must be a nearly perfect visual memory (watching one of his movies is like watching a seamlessly edited pastiche of fifteen other movies), he nevertheless has developed into a director whose subtle awfulness rivals the flamboyant awfulness of George Lucas. His current effort is like a bored vampire Is it possible Spielberg still enjoys making movies? A decent craftsman with what must be a nearly perfect visual memory (watching one of his movies is like watching a seamlessly edited pastiche of fifteen other movies), he nevertheless has developed into a director whose subtle awfulness rivals the flamboyant awfulness of George Lucas. His current effort is like a bored vampire indolently sucking the life from the typically workmanlike performance of Hanks, the typically unimaginative effort of DiCaprio, and even (eventually) the excellent work of Walken. A waste of what must have been a promising script. Expand
  51. BonL.
    Jan 5, 2003
    Masterpiece. Modern day classic.
  52. JerryT.
    Jan 5, 2003
    This movie was a good one, but it didnt catch my attention. I was sitting in the movies going wow this guy is really smart. and that was it. this is a movie to watch at home and not on the big screen. if ur thinking about watching this movie just wait till it comes out on dvd and watch it with ur family.
  53. BobS.
    Jan 5, 2003
    This movie is extremely well acted and really proved everyone wrong when they said that Leonardo Dicaprio was over with. The story line is very strong and it's the kind of movie that you could see over and over again!
  54. JohnY.
    Jan 4, 2003
    Bloated, overdone, lacking energy and jazz.
  55. ForresterT.
    Jan 4, 2003
    Despite the great cast and director there is something missing. Just does not jell.
  56. JackD.
    Jan 3, 2003
    DiCaprio was so believable, I am surprised he didnt take over as Captain of the Titanic! Was this one based on Chuck Barris' life, too? Someone should tell Spielberg that they didnt use zip codes in 1963, but that is about the only problem I had with the movie. See it....
  57. SheriL.
    Jan 3, 2003
    Deserves a 10 based on DiCaprio's performance alone. He's sensational. Tom Hanks and Chris Walken were fine in supporting roles. Entertaining, classy, quality film.
  58. LassiterP.
    Jan 2, 2003
    Forgettable as soon as you leave the theater. Too long, boring and dragged out. Not one of Speilberg's better works. DiCaprio and Hanks are just okay. If not for the names associated with its making, "Catch Me..." would be a bomb. Rent it.
  59. JohnA.
    Dec 31, 2002
    Great when Hanks is on screen, otherwise likeable, but flawed and not nearly as funny as the trailers would have you think. DiCaprio is left to carry this movie, and will not win any awards for his performance.
  60. WalterF.
    Dec 31, 2002
    Stevent Spielberg's film is always the best of the best.
  61. AmberP.
    Dec 31, 2002
    Went to see this after watching Gangs of NY. CMIYC compared to GONY comes up as weak tea. Too much wasted time on LD's parents and not enough delving into the early childhood that caused him to act as he did. TH is his usual wonderful self, but he also comes across as weak tea as an FBI agent. Very disappointing.
  62. IggyZ.
    Dec 31, 2002
    Wanted to like CMIYC so much. The actors are among the best. SS is the best their is. Yet, despite this fact, the movie just does not seem to jell. LD's character is in need of psychological counseling from the beginning yet there is none. TH is very likeable but does act like an FBI agent. The movie is just too cluttered and long to make it fun and too involved in other areas to Wanted to like CMIYC so much. The actors are among the best. SS is the best their is. Yet, despite this fact, the movie just does not seem to jell. LD's character is in need of psychological counseling from the beginning yet there is none. TH is very likeable but does act like an FBI agent. The movie is just too cluttered and long to make it fun and too involved in other areas to make it an intimate look into why we do the things we do. A big disappointment. Expand
  63. ChadS.
    Dec 30, 2002
    "Catch Me If You Can" will be reassesed as one of Spielberg's major films in ten-to-fifteen years. If you edit out Abagnale's encounter with the "Alias" babe, and keep the mother off-screen after the divorce, "Catch Me If You Can" might've been a better film. When it's light and breezy, Spielberg's follow-up to his masterpiece is an almost grand entertainment. But "Catch Me If You Can" will be reassesed as one of Spielberg's major films in ten-to-fifteen years. If you edit out Abagnale's encounter with the "Alias" babe, and keep the mother off-screen after the divorce, "Catch Me If You Can" might've been a better film. When it's light and breezy, Spielberg's follow-up to his masterpiece is an almost grand entertainment. But alas, DiCaprio has to look longingly into his mother's house. Oh, boo-hoo. Expand
  64. JonA.
    Dec 29, 2002
    What should have been a breezy delightful romp is ruined by Mr Spielberg's insistence to explain everything waaaaay too much. For instance, do we really need to know or care about the parents' breakup??? Way way way too long and overcomplicated for it's own good.
  65. BlancoA.
    Dec 29, 2002
    Not bad, but nothing special, either. What the hell was Martin Sheen doing in this movie? And why did the previews make it seem like Jennifer Garner had more than a bit part? Anyway, it's not the light-hearted fun I expected and wanted. A bit of a buzzkill.
  66. MikeD.
    Dec 27, 2002
    CMIYC was a full package: well acted, well directed and great music. Perhaps it was a bit too long, and there were some parts that were disjoined. Nonetheless, it was fun and kept you entertained and fidgety...
  67. Mr.Tartan
    Dec 27, 2002
    Anisha is right. Boring is the word. And too many visits to Walken as Leo's dad. This movie spends so much time trying to cover father figures, both real and surrogate, that it cheats us out of more fun. I read the book and they left out many good parts and added their own pointless ones. Go figure.
  68. AnneM.
    Dec 26, 2002
    One of the best films I've seen this year - well-acted and fun. DiCaprio is fantastic, you cannot help but to root for his character and Walken is perfectly cast as his Dad. It's not the light-hearted, slight movie some critics have made the film out to be either.
  69. FantasyL.
    Dec 26, 2002
    What can you say about Tom Hanks that has not been said already? He is his usual wonderful self and totally believable in his latest role as an FBI Agent tracking down LD. For me this film was just okay but not sensational as it seemed that it was the same scene repeated over and over. I found the film a bit too long. There are much better films playing during this holiday season.
  70. AnishaD.
    Dec 26, 2002
    Frank Jr. visited Frank Sr. waayyyy too many times in this movie that played like a broken record. Apart from being mildly amused at Christopher Walken's portrayal of a slightly slimy dad, this film was borrrrinnggg.
  71. DaveZ.
    Dec 26, 2002
    Excellent, enjoyable holiday flick. The 2 1/2 hours flew by. The cast, music, cinematography and atmosphere were all top notch. This was not an "epic" or an unforgettable classic, but it was a terrifically fun film to watch and very accessible.
  72. RajS.
    Dec 24, 2002
    Speilberg pulls it off again. Keeping himself fresh by taking us back to the 60's. After two Sci-fi rounds, he shows us why we love him so much as a filmmaker. CMIYC is great storytelling. I had some difficulty with Christopher Walken as the father. He didn't bring us anything that diferentiated him from his other roles of past. All in all, worth the time and effort to go see.

1. The movie could have used a further dose of the resonance Walken gives it, and a more intellectually adventurous director might have brought the theme close to home.
  2. Brilliant performances by DiCaprio as Frank Jr. and Christopher Walken as his fallen father - and an enjoyable one by Tom Hanks.
    Spielberg's inchoate attempts at cultural observation stretch the movie out and dilute the giddiness instead of adding a pleasurable spike. When the movie doesn't feel inflated, it feels soggy.