Catwoman

2.7

1. IsamuO.
    Feb 17, 2008
    Halle Berry's worst carnival - "z class" junk movie party of the century.
  2. CameronS.
    Jul 24, 2004
    Pretty bad movie. This is probably one of the worst movies I have seen in a long time. The only reason I gave it a 3 is that I thought Halle Berry and Benjamin Bratt were pretty good in the movie. Sharon Stone is REALLY BAD in the movie and the music that plays a long with the action scenes is awful!! This would have been a fun movie if it had a director we even have heard of!
  3. AnsonG.
    Dec 15, 2006
    Oh my, where do I begin? Well Ii could tell you that this is a well made action movie, but obviously I would be lying my head off. So instead, I want to tell you the truth. Are you ready? Here it comes........"DONT SEE THIS MOVIE" Let me tell you why. If you see this movie and are over the age of 16, you will end up hating yourself for letting yourself rot for 104 minutes without getting Oh my, where do I begin? Well Ii could tell you that this is a well made action movie, but obviously I would be lying my head off. So instead, I want to tell you the truth. Are you ready? Here it comes........"DONT SEE THIS MOVIE" Let me tell you why. If you see this movie and are over the age of 16, you will end up hating yourself for letting yourself rot for 104 minutes without getting back, except an increased feeling of wanting to get revenge on Hollywood. They say that it is very hard to get your script into a movie. Well, after seing this movie, I think a one legged monkey could write a better script without either pen or paper. The fact that Halle Berry even uses a male stunt double, makes me lose all respect for both her and this movie. Besides the stunt double, the movie still sucks. The dialog sucks, the acting is not even present and the action looks sloppy and poorly thought through. This movie actually made me like The Core better, which is pretty much impossible. Expand
  4. Oct 2, 2011
    Catwoman isn't even really a movie. It's a music video that somebody expanded out under two hours, by padding out shots of Halle Berry pinup fodder.
  5. Aug 14, 2013
    A horrible movie. Full of cliches, stupid dialogue, badly choreographed fights and unintentionally hilarious acting. Halle Berry deserved that Golden Raspberry, I'd take Batman and Robin any day.
  6. Jan 8, 2015
    Halle Berry Dar o máximo de si em uma super performance mas o filme não funciona.
    Eu só dei 2 por causa de umas cenas boas de ação e a delícia de ver a linda barriga de Halle Berry e o decote dos peitões dela,Sharon Stone é uma delícia também e dar uma grande performance como vilã no filme.
  7. KevinF.
    Jul 30, 2004
    It's even worse than you think. Avoid it like leprosy.
  8. MichaelR.
    Jul 23, 2004
    Oh Jesus. Is there nothing good about this film? It's an excuse to see Halle Berry walking around in a skimpy outfit (and why would you really need to? You saw her topless in Swordfish already by now) and the outfit is really poorly designed. It looks like something you could buy at a crappy sex-store. Go rent the old Batman flick with Michelle Pfeiffer instead.
  9. ZachP.
    Jul 24, 2004
    This is the movie i was hoping the butterfly effect would be... so goshdarn BAD i didn't want to leave the theatre, to see how it trumped itself next. only a two out of ten; one for berry's ass shaking all the hell over the place for 90 minutes, the other for Ms. Cheeze, Sharon Stone, who, it turns out, seems to have really liked Al Pacino in the Recruit. If you have no shame, This is the movie i was hoping the butterfly effect would be... so goshdarn BAD i didn't want to leave the theatre, to see how it trumped itself next. only a two out of ten; one for berry's ass shaking all the hell over the place for 90 minutes, the other for Ms. Cheeze, Sharon Stone, who, it turns out, seems to have really liked Al Pacino in the Recruit. If you have no shame, see this movie, and if you do, stay across the hall with Spidey. Expand
  10. atlas
    Oct 29, 2005
    Could this movie be worse? If you see Hale Berry, tell her she owes me $6.50.
  11. Jul 13, 2012
    This movie is horrible. The only reason it gets a 3 is because at sometimes its unintentionally hilarious. Halle Berry is horrible in the role and the costume looks ridiculous. The dialogue is poorly written, the music is strange, and the battle scenes are just plain awkward. If you're looking for a Catwoman movie, see Batman Returns.
  12. Feb 3, 2014
    Terrible. Whoever thought that making up a new Catwoman story that doesn't have the actual character in it should have their hands put in a toaster. Yes, I am serious, because it is that stupid and horrendous.
  13. Jul 12, 2014
    Catwoman 3 out of 10: Halle Berry isn't the first actor to squander Oscar gold (F. cough Murray cough Abraham) but I can't recall an actor doing it so quickly.

Sure Oscar winners have old films embarrassingly show up on DVD and after a few years and ex-wives they will take a paycheck role in some European schlock. But in your next movie in which you are the star? Berry isn't awful as

Berry isn't awful as simply horrible miscast (lacks a certain erotic nastiness for the role.) and apparently doesn't have the acting chops to make up the difference. One must speculate how the studio felt when the first rushes came in. It sounded so good on paper and Berry is such a big star it's doubtful that any screen test was done. Now the evidence is in front of them and the enormity of the casting mistake is obvious. Was anyone in that room brave enough to admit the emperor has no clothes?

Now Berry is hardly the worst actor in the movie (Alex Borstien as the fat horny comic relief is pretty awful but the honors go to Frances Conroy as the cat lady who is so awful one wonders if she has ever had a conversation with another human.)

While the movie overall is not nearly as bad as its reputation led me to believe Catwoman still falls short. Besides acting there is the horrible horrible music (a 13 year old girls idea of what is hip), a lot of silly jumping around the city scenes, and the coup de grace, the Ferris wheel scene.

Now no-one wants to see Catwoman save cherub face boy from carny ride gone bad…come to think of it no-one wants to see Batman do this either. The direction and scripting on this scene is bad… Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever bad. If you rent this (or God forbid received it as a gift) see deleted scenes for excellent action scene involving dogs in a junkyard that rivals anything put in the movie. I guess they didn't want any dogs in the final movie. Too close to home.
  14. Nov 22, 2014
    Catwoman was GOD-AWFUL. Most people don't mean God-awful when they say it, but it is, and Reader, you'd agree with me once you see it. So don't see it.
  15. May 30, 2015
    There are no words to describe this travesty of a movie. Halle Berry gives an unbelievably laughable performance as "Catwoman", which is directed by a person named "Pitof". Good use to hide your identity so nobody will know who really directed this failure.

The action scenes are campy and full of CGI that is distracting and looks too unreal for viewers to suspend their disbelief. I

I should also point out that I didn't watch the full movie. It was on TV some few years ago and, for some reason, I decided to watch it and give it a try. What a big mistake that was, I watched up to the first hour and just switched off the TV. I could not take it anymore.

Maybe my opinion on this movie is invalid because, as we all know, you should sit through the entire movie and share your opinion on it. But the fact that I didn't and found it impossible to watch this movie should say something.

'Catwoman' is officially the worst comic book I've ever seen, yes, even worse than 'Superman IV: The Quest for Peace' (1987) and 'Batman and Robin' (1997).
  16. Mar 20, 2016
    In a New York Times article about the recent spate of movies adapted from Marvel comics, Marvel executive Allen Lipson claimed that one key to the company's success is its policy of retaining approval of how its characters are used in film. Others might consider adopting that plan. Not that fanboy purism should always carry the day, but it would have prevented this scene from Catwoman:In a New York Times article about the recent spate of movies adapted from Marvel comics, Marvel executive Allen Lipson claimed that one key to the company's success is its policy of retaining approval of how its characters are used in film. Others might consider adopting that plan. Not that fanboy purism should always carry the day, but it would have prevented this scene from Catwoman: Sent to a watery grave, meek graphic designer Halle Berry washes up on an island covered in cats. One of them, of the breed commonly known as "CGI," climbs atop her chest and breathes into her mouth. Rather than getting a whiff of half-digested Cat Chow, Berry is filled with the spirit of the Egyptian cat goddess Bast. Able to leap around with feline grace, wear revealing leather outfits without shame, and improvise cat-themed puns, she is Catwoman, even though she bears little resemblance to the Catwoman from the Batman universe. It's like naming a movie Spider-Man because it's about a guy with eight legs who shoots silk out of his ass.

Of course, none of that would matter if the movie were any good, but it's not. Mononymical director Pitof cut his teeth on digital effects and music videos, and he directs Catwoman as though he was targeting the attention span of actual cats. He cuts rapidly, keeping the camera in constant motion lest viewers wander off in search of food or a quiet place to nap. It's the least exciting form of excitement imaginable, and the story doesn't prove much of a distraction. After her transformation, Berry sets out to stop her old employer (Sharon Stone) from releasing an addictive, destructive beauty cream called "Beau-line"—surely the most unfortunate product name this side of Go-GURT Portable Yogurt. Meanwhile, when not prancing about, Berry romances sensitive cop Benjamin Bratt and trades quips with horny, hungry sidekick Alex Borstein. In or out of costume, Berry never creates a convincing character, but it's tough to saddle her with too much of the blame; Pitof, on the other hand, seems to draw his inspiration from the Joel Schumacher entries in the Batman franchise.

Relentlessly gaudy and in love with its PG-13 approximation of kink, Catwoman is essentially an excuse to pose Berry in ever-skimpier outfits. It's all too pre-fab to register as sexy, though, and even the fight scenes look like fashion shoots, complete with anonymous R&B bump 'n' grind musical accompaniment. The film could have turned out worse, but only via the addition of a Tom Green cameo, or an accident in which the actors caught on fire.
  17. OkamiA
    Mar 18, 2009
    Halle Berry is nice is leather, but....that's really the only plus. Even the people who gave this a 9 only seem able to cite that as a positive. i found myself cracking up at the sheer stupidity and absurdity of the movie...which I don't think it was going for. I'd give this a one, were it not for the unintentional laughs scored. Oh, and despite all its absurdity, it is Halle Berry is nice is leather, but....that's really the only plus. Even the people who gave this a 9 only seem able to cite that as a positive. i found myself cracking up at the sheer stupidity and absurdity of the movie...which I don't think it was going for. I'd give this a one, were it not for the unintentional laughs scored. Oh, and despite all its absurdity, it is extremely cliche. If you like kitties, leather, an Berry, then give this a glimpse. If not--stay far far away. Expand
  18. Apr 14, 2013
    So overall, Catwoman is pretty bad. It is far removed from the comics, has a terrible story, a main character who makes emo Peter look decent. The choices made here are baffling. It is like the writers did not even read the comics and do not know what makes Catwoman Catwoman. Rather than getting an exciting action flick we get a sexy/club themed movie that sucks. Catwoman may arouse someSo overall, Catwoman is pretty bad. It is far removed from the comics, has a terrible story, a main character who makes emo Peter look decent. The choices made here are baffling. It is like the writers did not even read the comics and do not know what makes Catwoman Catwoman. Rather than getting an exciting action flick we get a sexy/club themed movie that sucks. Catwoman may arouse some people but if you look past that you’ll see the major problems with this movie. Catwoman is a mess due to the terrible choices made by the filmmakers and it can only be enjoyed as guilty pleasure. So unless you enjoy looking at Hal Berry in her sexy cat suit then I would say this is a definite skip. Expand
  19. Jan 2, 2014
    A true waste of time and film. Horrible plot, horrible costume, horrible script, horrible acting, horrible directing. The one thing I did like was how bad Sharon Stone's acting was and how her one-liners became a drinking game.
  20. Jun 8, 2011
    I found this film great. It is a very good origin film. It shows how she got her power, how her life changed, and what happens when someone messes with her. I thought that the costume kept with catwoman's personality and that Halle Berry played her role very good. I don't know why a lot of people did not like this film.
  21. Oct 21, 2013
    I believe that the new Cat Woman (2004) is the best Cat Woman,of all of the Cat Woman movies.
    Halle Berry(as Patience Phillips/Cat Women) hit the mark-that I believe,Cat Woman deserves. I wasn't very impressed with Anne Hathaway's version that where she tried to be like Cat Woman in Batman Rises.
    I felt like when Halle Berry played Cat Woman,it was more of a dominating version-that we expect of Cat Woman. As I watched every little detail of how Anne Hathaway made Cat Woman-a character,I didn't think Anne Hathaway had that really sick/bad girl side to her. She wasn't at her most-the flirtiest/dominating/feisty self.
  22. Dec 9, 2011
    I couldnt watch more than 30 minutes without getting bored.
    The Plot isnt catchy, hate the catwoman outfit, a really bad movie

When Michelle Pfeiffer is depressed she watch this movie.
  23. Aug 3, 2013
    If there ever were a template on how not to make a superhero movie, Catwoman would be it. This film is completely void of action, a decent story and only an average lead.
  24. Apr 20, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I think a lot of the critics just didn't get this movie. Maybe they were disappointed that it wasn't another chapter in the adventures of Selina Kyle. No, it's not: different name, different premise and totally different interpretation of what it might be like to become a Catwoman. What =I= don't get is why there is anything wrong with that? We're talking about a fictional character, people, lighten up! Some of the critics are saying that Halle Berry's performance is too "over the top" after she is transformed. Maybe for a 100% human lady but hey this is a story about a woman brought back to life by a magical Mau on an errand from Bast the Cat Goddess. Halle's facial expressions, voice and moves, especially when toying with her "prey", become verrrry feline which is a good part of the point of the movie. Another point is that Catwoman is both a tribute to female power and independence and also explores the darker side of power in both men and women and methinks some of the critics are a tad uncomfortable with both of these things. Whatever. There's plenty to like in this movie. A mythic storyline of initiation and rebirth, darkly beautiful visuals, a clever Egyptian-inspired cats-and-catwomen through history subplot that starts with elegant title art, solid performances from Sharon Stone, Benjamin Bratt, Frances Conroy and Hembert Wilson and a fine supporting cast both human and feline. Forget the critics. Go see this movie with an open mind and you'll probably enjoy it. And you might even love it as much as I did :-) Expand
  25. ShoB
    Apr 19, 2010
    Great movie! Fun, okay action, nice special affects, very well acted by the major's! This is catwoman its supposed to be over the top, LOL. Could have had a bit better directing, but over all very attractive and entertaining. Not for the non-comic fans however, it's not going to fit in anyone's box, gotta take it for what it is. Great movie, lighten up people for goodness Great movie! Fun, okay action, nice special affects, very well acted by the major's! This is catwoman its supposed to be over the top, LOL. Could have had a bit better directing, but over all very attractive and entertaining. Not for the non-comic fans however, it's not going to fit in anyone's box, gotta take it for what it is. Great movie, lighten up people for goodness sake! Sheesh! Expand
  26. Jul 15, 2014
    I don't think this is a bad movie.It wasn't based on the comics but it had a good storyline.It didn't needed Batman in this movie,it was good.I would give a 6.5 in a review,but this movie don't deserve 3,9 in Metacritic,so I'm going to give a 10 only to help.
  27. H.B.
    Jul 29, 2004
    Wow! I mean, I expected this film to be good, with Halle Berry, one of the best young actresses out there, and Sharon Stone, a true tried and true screen beauty vet, as top billing. But truly this all blew me away! Incredible fight scenes, great humour, and a touching love story all come together to make the movie event of the summer so far. Move out of the way, Spiderman, a new movie has Wow! I mean, I expected this film to be good, with Halle Berry, one of the best young actresses out there, and Sharon Stone, a true tried and true screen beauty vet, as top billing. But truly this all blew me away! Incredible fight scenes, great humour, and a touching love story all come together to make the movie event of the summer so far. Move out of the way, Spiderman, a new movie has come to sit atop the top webs of superhero movies, and her name is Catwoman! Expand
  28. TheresaS.
    Oct 2, 2006
    Lighten up, people. This movie is great fun and a totally unique take on the Catwoman myth.
  29. Sep 12, 2014
    I wasn't paying too much attention on a first watch, so I took another. Didn't help much: the story is good, with nice witty twists, but all too obvious. Plus, in my private tastes, there are too many elements I dislike. Sharon Stone is great, at least when compared to Halle Berry's performance. It is not always easy to be a star... at least in a movie like this.
  30. May 17, 2012
    Imma be honest, as much as Catwoman is may favorite Superhero /Antihero of all time, this film was just B.A.D, I originally saw this when i was 12 and didn't know a bad movie from a good one. BUT, seeing it today makes me want to jump in a time machine just to get my $7.25 back. Like how do directors screw up source material? Anybody coulda went to wikipedia, look up Catwoman, and write aImma be honest, as much as Catwoman is may favorite Superhero /Antihero of all time, this film was just B.A.D, I originally saw this when i was 12 and didn't know a bad movie from a good one. BUT, seeing it today makes me want to jump in a time machine just to get my $7.25 back. Like how do directors screw up source material? Anybody coulda went to wikipedia, look up Catwoman, and write a better script than this "movie". I give this a two because Halle Berry would made a believable Catwoman if the script wasnt trash, and the i absoulutly love the music in this movie. Expand

1. The "Showgirls" of superhero movies. This is not a compliment. A vacuous lingerie show posing as feminism, it's the biggest movie hairball this side of "Garfield."
    Like the action movies of yore (you know, the 1980s), Catwoman is simultaneously overstuffed and undernourished.
  3. I wouldn't call Catwoman incompetent, yet it has no visual grandeur, and very little surprise; you can tick off the story beats as if they'd been graphed.