7.1

1. Nov 15, 2012
    Anton Yelchin is phenomenal as Bartlet. Though the movie may not always be fantastic, his performance echoes Matthew Broderick's Bueller, and is a breakthrough role.
  2. Jan 19, 2011
    I adore this movie! After renting it out randomly at my local video store I became obsessed with this amazing film. Anton Yelchin is a standout and Kat Dennings as usual is a absolute pleasure to watch on screen. The film combines humour with hard hitting topics such as drugs, depression and family. When my friends and family ask me to recomend a movie to them this is always the first one that pops into my head. The only negative comment I have to say is why the hell wasn't this movie released in theatres in Australia. For such a great film, I don't believe it received the applause that it was definitely lacking. Expand
  3. Nov 26, 2010
    If you ask me it reminds me of what Ferris Bueller would do if he while he was at school other than Chalie's huge house other than when it gets all bad in the middle and nearer the end.

1. Yelchin delivers one of those performances that pop eyes... It's a breakthrough role.
  2. Reviewed by: Ronnie Scheib
    Rollicking story of a rich kid whose wildly successful bid for popularity has him playing drug-distributing shrink to an entire high school boasts pitch-perfect faceoffs between upstart Anton Yelchin and alcoholic principal Robert Downey Jr. that could fuel a chemistry lab.
    I would classify Charlie Bartlett as a smart teen film. It's more ambitious and overall more successful than its '80s forebears even though the resemblance is unmistakable.