6.7

1. Nov 15, 2013
    I honestly don't see where all the negativity is coming from. It is one of the best movies i have ever watched, great music, great photography and great actors.
    Its a easy 10/10
  2. Nov 16, 2013
    Charlie Countryman is just a fantastic movie.
    The cast are great with Shia Labeouf, Evan Rachel Wood and Mads Mikkelsenm playing spectacular roles as the main characters. They fill the roles with so much passion and emotion, this is what really helps to connect to a movie of this sort.
    I must also say that the music fitted in perfectly well with the screenplay and it also brought in such
    an amazing feeling and connectivity as I watched.
    There just a real depth and richness about this movie that so many movies fail to capture these days.
    All things into account, Charlie Countryman 10/10
  3. Dec 1, 2013
    The movie is nearly a failure. The movie seemed like a wasted opportunity to make something interesting but instead falls into a boring bloodshed of characters I couldn't care less about. As for the story, there is none.
  4. Nov 16, 2013
    With a moody score and lighting that blooms off the screen, Charlie Countryman is rarely gripping, but its enigmatic nature and overt charm should be enough to keep minds from wandering.
  5. Nov 17, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. BOLD, POWERFUL AND BEAUTIFUL
    A absolutely stunning performance giving from all actors especially Shia it truly shows the raw acting talent he has
    As i being directed by a guy who made car commercials, Charlie Countryman knows when to show of its
    unique style and music
    The story was short and bitterly sweet with a dark romance hidden inside
    With out a doubt this is one of the best movies to come out this year and a great turning point for Shia
  6. Nov 21, 2013
    I personally like this movie but I probably am bias because I adore Shia Lebeouf. He is brilliant by the way & surely, one of the best actors in this generation. I like the dream like essence of this movie, but the plot didn't give enough details to how things happened. Everything kind of happened too quickly and was more of a touch and go. But way to go Shia, I see a bright future ahead of him, and Oscars are on the way. Expand
  7. Dec 9, 2013
    Not as bad as it looked, but it is still a weird cliché ugly looking film. The ending was somewhat entertaining, and I wasn't sure if I was supposed to be laughing or not, but I was.
  8. Jan 25, 2014
    Not good as I expected, but okay. Even the performances were not much recognizable, but the characters were very catchy for the uniqueness. In this movie, everything was about the strange and weird way of story telling. The mix between fantasy and realistic was well done. Something was lacking in the movie, it got a stylish presentation, but not the proper scenes in many portions. But still enjoyable like having two minds about it.

It tells the story of a young man Charlie Country. After his mother who was in coma dies, he leaves the country to spend few days in Romania. Then he meets a girls Gabi and falls in love without knowing her background. Like the movie 'Scott Pilgrim vs. the World' he has to face his strong opponent to win her. As he knows the risk how smart he would act to gain his desired girl is the movie of the rest.

I did not find any similarity in the interaction between the characters Charlie and Gabi, what we call it a chemistry, right!. One of the major problems the movie had along in my opinion. Other than that I liked Gabi as individually, she was very attractive in the role and costume. Mikkelsen was as usual very good. His role was a major one, but did not have sufficient screen space. And Shia were okay, sometime, in some parts I thought he overdone the role Charlie. Overall, I find it a good movie, but not the best.
  9. Feb 2, 2014
    A pleasant love story, with enough action and humor to not fall into a serious and boring idyll.
    However, the scenario is predictable and full of good feelings, and the end manages no surprises. The good point, in this movie is the aesthetic. The photography and the music are ravishing, and obviously, the actors are perfect in their roles.
    A good choice for the fan of romances.
  10. Jan 29, 2014
    Let me start saying, if you like Danny Boyle's movies, you definitely need to watch Charlie Countryman. This is one of those movies that you need to avoid the critic reviews.
    Charlie Countryman was amazing. It was visually and emotionally stunning, allowing us to draw parallels between the main character and us, in very different ways. It shows things we feel, and it portrays them in a
    movie beautifully.
    This is a movie about love, adventure, dreams, and what we want in life. It was filmed with extreme care and detail, and all the actors did a tremendous job. It's artistic direction reminded me very often of Danny Boyle's movies. Especially The Beach and Trance. The soundtrack as well, which is excellent. I don't really want to synopsis the plot of the film, since this movie is best watched without knowing what you're in for. Just think of it as a trip or a journey. It's open for interpretation and it's best that way.
    I had to write this since i saw almost nobody watched this film, and the ''critics'' (i would call them cretins on this particular case) for some reason seem to hate it. Try this movie out, i'm sure most of you will love it.
  11. Jul 7, 2014
    Did you like Drive? Did you like Spring Breakers? This movie is very similar. Great music, simplistic writing, and great cinematography. Taste is relative. If you like movies similar to the two I mentioned then you will probably like this one. It is less serious than Drive and more serious than Spring Breakers. The cast is great, the music is great, and the movie is great for the type of movie that it is. It's a love story through and through. A young man travels to Romania on a whim and holds on to the love he finds no matter the cost. Loss, love, and sacrifice are all strong elements of this movie. I thoroughly recommend it. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Damon Wise
    Feb 10, 2014
    A caper thriller that's sufficiently zippy to hold the attention. LaBeouf's current notoriety adds extra piquancy to those urban fight scenes.
  2. Reviewed by: James Mottram
    Feb 10, 2014
    Mostly, this is empty, ugly and pretentious.
  3. Reviewed by: Bilge Ebiri
    Nov 18, 2013
    However you cut it, with all that talent, Charlie Countryman feels like a sad, wasted opportunity.