4.8

1. Jul 30, 2014
    Even though it's very good-looking, mainly due to its impressive visuals (its portrayals of mythical creatures, like the Kraken or Medusa, are stunning, in spite of some being inaccurate), "Clash of the Titans" is one of those films that choose an approach to an ancient civilization that feels irritatingly commonplace. I liked Ralph Fiennes as Hades, even if it is too close to his Voldemort role in "Harry Potter" and his threatening to release the Kraken during the celebration scene looks like Maleficent's curse in "Sleeping Beauty". "Clash" overall is a visually spectacular but worthless piece of cinema junk, that may be entertaining for a movie night but absolutely nothing more. Expand
  2. Feb 15, 2014
    Unmemorable, pointless and soulless remake of one of the best 80s movies. Shame on you Mr. Louis Leterrier. I know you can do better. PS: Sam, go back to Pandora because that was more believable than this.
  3. Dec 12, 2013
    With terrible acting, a pathetic script, miserable 3D, a tedious plot and derivative elements, Clash of the Titans hits rock bottom in showing what a movie can be.
  4. Nov 20, 2013
    The titans clash with mediocre flash.
    The movie has a solid performance from Sam Worthington, and a few good action scenes. The rest of it is utter rubbish with poor directing, and a poor script.
  5. Jul 29, 2013
    I've never felt so betrayed the trailer was so epic i thought they were going to give us what the original missed on but no. The ending is a miss it has many problems. But fun to watch it was entertaining.
  6. Mar 24, 2013
    Jaw dropping special effects matched with a failure of a story line.
  7. Mar 16, 2013
    Mind bobbling piece of trash. Disgraceful acting and story that is intertwined with thoughtless action scenes that are incredibly banal. An embarrassing attempt at creating entertainment.
  8. Dec 8, 2012
    Very flawed, but the special effects were great. Also, casting Liam Neeson and Ralph Fiennes as important characters was a great choice. A decent film.
  9. Nov 28, 2012
    Although some of its other lesser-billed cast members do fairly well here, "Clash Of The Titans" unfortunately cannot lift itself up and over the hurdle of poor writing.
  10. Nov 15, 2012
    It's the movie event of the year, if your a ten-year old boy that is.
  11. Aug 24, 2012
    Not a good film, I prefer my films to require brain cells to watch. I love Greek mythology but this was an abomination of classic mythology. I think viewers who enjoy 'popcorn action flicks' may enjoy this film but even they may think that this was just not good enough. The ironic thing is that I actually think the acting was fine.
  12. Jul 9, 2012
    This movie is horrible,with a poor script and bad performances This remake to 1981 classic is probably one of the worst remakes Warner brothers has already produced.
  13. Mar 30, 2012
    Horrible movie, is really boring, the screenplay terrible, have good effects, but a terrible 3D, I think that Wrath of the Titans is better than this part.
  14. Mar 26, 2012
    terribly stupid badbadbadbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd. nver seen such a stupid corny movie
  15. Mar 25, 2012
    To put it simply Clash of the Titan is horrible film. Acting was so bad people on sci fi movies would have done better. Visuals are disgraceful and story is nonexistent. Why would anybody make a film like this, oh is it because of the money. FYI the movie was a flop at the box office. RELEASE THE KRACKEN. HOW STUPID.
  16. Mar 20, 2012
    Pretty good visual effects don't make up for it's cruddy story and writing.
  17. Jan 2, 2012
    The film benefits from cool action and great special effects but there aren't enough of those things to actually save the film because it lacks adventure and strong performances. I give this movie 33%.
  18. Dec 25, 2011
    It was ok. The acting was far below what I expected, Especially from their A-list cast. Also everyone seemed really out of place, It didnt feel like a movie taking place in ancient times. The only person who really fit perfectly was Mads Mikkelsen, He stood out to me for some reason. The action was average and is never good nor bad.

Overall it was just a pointless remake that does
    nothing but prove just because its newer doesnt mean its better. Expand
  19. Dec 18, 2011
    There is so much potential in Greek mythology for a great movie but this is boring and the action lame. I never cared for any of the characters or events in this film and ended up rolling my eyes through most of the drama. Sam Worthington is only one step above a horrible actor. Clash of the Titans is disappointing and a missed opportunity.
  20. Dec 13, 2011
    How dare they? I don't understand who allows these things into the theaters. Am I the only one that was tricked by the awesome trailer with the excellent music and exciting STABBING scorpions? Shame on me, right?

Sam Worthington was the champion for this movie. Coming off of Avatar, and from his (the only good) performance in Terminator: Salvation, I was ready to believe he was a rising
    star. But no, this was just a paycheck for him. For us, it was a series of poor edits, miscellaneous adventurous montages, sub-par set design, and the highest build-up for the least satisfying "Release the Kraken" line I have ever heard. Liam Neison, how could you?

The sole, sparkling moment in that 106 minute tale of darkness is when a strange, crystalline creature (...what?) explodes, predator style. Unfortunately, he explodes to no avail, but that is beside the point. It was hilarious. He removes himself from the generic tale the best way any of us could, the self destruct button. He alone sustains this movies 1 rating....How dare they?
  21. Oct 16, 2011
    Just awful. Terrible acting, poor script and story. I like the Desmond Davis film so was looking forward to this but it failed on every level. Even actors you can normally rely upon struggle to lift this dire excuse for a film (Leeson, Postlethwaite, Fiennes). The only positive thing I can think of is that Gemma Arterton is stunning in this movie. I guess the effects are OK too but nothing special. Expand
  22. Sep 25, 2011
    The movie was so obvious, I just retreated to my house from the theaters.
  23. CRL
    Aug 14, 2011
    This is what happens when a film depends too much on CGI. Mediocre acting, a mediocre plot, and too many deviations from the actual mythology makes Clash of the Titans and utterly underwhelming hour and a half.
  24. May 23, 2011
    If you look at the two latest Hollywood takes on Greek mythology (Percy Jackson and this snorefest built around epic cliches), Clash of the Titans may be set closer to the period. The wonderful talent carrying it were wasted by a script that's obviously trying too hard. It has nothing to boast but spectacular visual flash. But what I discovered here is that there is range in Sam Worthington's acting. If he wants to keep up the claims that he'll become the next Russell Crowe, he should go more to dramas than in epics that give no damn to mood and character. Expand
  25. Apr 30, 2011
    Clash of the Titans takes Greek mythology, Ralph Fiennes, Liam Neeson, giant scorpions and Medusa and manages to make them all boring. There was almost nothing to enjoy in this movie, even the action felt largely dull. An underwhelming disappointment and I sincerely hope that the proposed sequel is much, much better than this mess.
  26. Apr 13, 2011
    It's a shame that Sam Worthington comes across as so terribly humourless in this movie. Ultimately distinguished from the other warriors only by his incongruous buzz cut and beardless aspect, Sam's Perseus grimaces his way through every scene; his accent (now Australian, now American, now - gasp! - English) was the only unpredictable thing about his performance. Had he appeared to be enjoying himself, perhaps we would have too. As it was, the movie seemed like a randomly strung-together sequence of tenuously related events overseen by Perseus' perpetually frowning visage, culminating in a not-terribly-engaging monster battle. Expand
  27. Jan 26, 2011
    Ok, so my last review sucked. I don't usually review movies but I know what makes a good movie if I ever bothered to make one. I'd make sure the movie makes sense to a wide audience, I'd generally avoid 3D, I'd make sure the actors ar good, I'd make the movie plot innovative and original, I would make sure the movie isn't obviously greenscreened or have over the top special effects and I'd have to make everything perfect, even if it costs a lot of money. No "That'll do" will be allowed. This movie did sound kind of intresting, but it was a flop. It was none of those things above which make a good movie (well at least from my point of view). First the good points: (this won't take long) This movie will appeal to hardcore greek mythologist enthusiasts and if you've ever wondered what a turd that gives you seizures looks like, you're in luck. In a kind of good way. Now the bad points: The plot did not grab me one single bit, even at the start. I was thinking "Fail" in the first second of the film. The greenscreening looks like a homemade Star Wars film. The characters were boring. Unoriginal. Yes, you could even do originality with Greek mythology. The special effects were over the top with constant flashing and constantly suffling through scenes back and forth, kind of like a turd that gives you seizures. The battles and the choreography were not well done, not even acrobatics could save them from being boring. The acting is bad. Not in a Michael Jackson way, but the traditional "The Domondedovo Airport terrorist attack was bad way". And then there's the worst part: The ending. I could not catch the name of the mythical creature that destroyed the town. The main character defeated it in a strange way that was weird. Then Hades showed up, hoping for a spectacular finale. The main character finishes it in a boring way in seconds. Ok, after THAT long review, bottom line: Avoid it please. $100 Million US dollars shoved into a turd that gives you seizures. Expand
  28. Nov 19, 2010
    Clash of the Titans : Clash of the writings, Clash of the actings, Clash of the actions, Clash of the 3D 's, Clash of the critics, Clash of the lovers, Clash of the haters. Clash of the reviews.
  29. Oct 15, 2010
    The tone of the film is inconsistent and bothersome. At times it takes itself far too seriously, and then the next scene will have over-the-top scenery chewing. Thankfully I saw it in 2D because everyone I know who saw it in 3D said it was unwatchable. And I'm not really on board the Sam Worthington train having not been terribly impressed with his performance here or in "Avatar."
  30. Sep 21, 2010
    Bad movie. I wasn't expecting more than a plotless, full of random action movie and still, i was disappointed. The characters are poorly made, the plot, well, there is none, and the fight scenes (the only thing I actually hoped to have had some quality) were simple and unrealistic.
  31. Sep 8, 2010
    Ok, i screwed up and accidently wrote 10 on my last review. there is no romantice appeal to this movie and nothing ive never seen before. Overall this movie was dry. like a desert fire in my mouth. DRY
  32. Aug 29, 2010
    Clash of the Titans is probably the worst movie of the year with a pretty bad script that doesn't even relate with Greek Gods as it should. Not only that but the acting of Sam Worthington is pretty bland for a hero that we must suppose to like and support. The movie definitely has the high productions of visuals and sound, but that's just not enough to ignore the fact the movie never seems to have a truly exciting moment or an emotional one. You just simply wait for something interesting to happen, and when you think it will, it fails to make an impact on you. And in terms of its mythology that is based on, it frankly uses it badly by re-creating visually the gods badly with pathetic costumes and situations that just don't seem to fit very well. Expand
  33. Aug 27, 2010
    This was a good time kill but Clash of the Titans is left to be a memory rather than sat on my DVD shelf. The special effects are good but at times, itâ
  34. Aug 27, 2010
    Unfortunately, this was a waste of money and talent (where applicable). In the olden times they had stories but no way to put the spectacle on the screen. Now, when the imagination is the only limit, they cannot make a coherent story even based on the Greek mythology - the treasure trove of some of the greatest stories in the history of mankind. It is best to ignore this mess and watch the original in all it's cheesy glory and than rent the other Harryhausen masterworks. Compared with this, Prince of Persia was deep, complex and three-dimensional. Expand
  35. Aug 16, 2010
    I grew up watching this film and hoped the "remake" would be the same story with newer special effects......WRONG! The acting sucked, the story was changed and the only part that made sense was Liam Neeson as Zeus. When will Hollywood learn to stop remaking the classics (which they obviously cannot top) and start coming out with their own ideas? This movie did nothing more that infuriate me as the original was one of the best films ever made. Whats next...a remake of Beast Master, Mary Poppins.....? What a waste of an hour and 45 minutes of my life. The director and main actor should be shot! Expand
  36. Aug 16, 2010
    This movie could have been worth the money if only Liam Neeson would have proclaimed ... "Wee-lease the KWAKEN!!".

And what a poor Kraken it was. It was the Eddie the Eagle Edwards of Krakens.
  37. Aug 15, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I really wanted to like this film. I actually really thought it had potential from watching the original trailer but as Clash of the Titans is now, it's a completely average and underwhelming film. Which brings me to the Kraken. Throughout the film the ever present threat of the Kraken is supposed to build up anticipation of what this monstrous thing looks like and the power it must posses. Then at the end of the film they kill off the Kraken within five minutes! Seriously monsters throughout the movie were stronger than the wimp they made the Kraken out to be. Expand
  38. Aug 13, 2010
    This is one of those films that you go into not expecting to be funny, but then you laugh so hard because it is so bad!!!
    Well, to start with the story: it is totally ridiculous and not according to the myths. Well, the basic story is, but it's been so Hollywoodised and twisted that it just makes no sense.
    The dialogue is soooo thin that you can see through it and the plot more wholes than
    Swiss cheese. It's just a plain stupid film, but it definitely has interesting action scenes and some impressive visual effects. Surely, it will entertain (hence the 5), but it will give you nothing else. It's a film you watch and are entertained during it, but afterwards you just don't care to ever think about it again. Expand

1. Clash of the Titans is ancient Greece at its cheesiest. It's a big hunk of feta comin' at ya in 3-D.
  2. In the new Clash of the Titans, the effects are computerized, the hero is questionable and, instead of an owl, we get a turkey.
    There are a number of cheeky winks from the filmmakers specifically aimed at Harryhausen fans; in the end, though, Leterrier's Clash of the Titans is nearly as messy an assemblage of mythic odds and ends as the original.