7.1

1. Oct 20, 2013
    Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2, was AMAZING!! If you liked the first one you will love this one too!! :D
    It was so so CUTE!! I love all the cuteness of the mutated foods!! I died from cuteness over load! I even teared up a little because of how cute and happy everything was. XD(I just love how cute everything was)
    But I enjoyed the movie very very much and I am sure you and your
    kids will as well!! it's worth the money spent! Enjoy!! Expand
  2. Oct 2, 2013
    Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 maybe is one of the most ridiculous and exaggerated ideas of this year, but... don't care, is an extremely funny sequel, with a cool animation, much funny moments, I could no ask for anything more, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 is one of my favorite movies of this year!
  3. Sep 27, 2013
    While Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 might not deliver the same cross-generational appeal as the first film, it’s a worthy sequel that smartly iterates on the core storyline with a new and entertaining direction. The foodimals will keep members of the film’s kid-friendly demographic entertained and tongue-in-cheek social satire provide some decent chuckles for parents (as well as older fans of the prior installment). In general, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 doesn’t taste quite as fresh as the original recipe but the film offers more than just re-heated leftovers with another funny and entertaining adventure that justifies a second helping of Flint Lockwood and friends. Expand
  4. Jan 24, 2014
    what happened to the first "cloudy with a chance of meatballs" movie! This movie seems like its a clone of the original! The animations seems to be not as good! The story is forgettable, not as funny, seems like they did a sequel just for the money! :-(
  5. Jan 21, 2014
    Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 suffers from the usual sequel problems; it is neither as smart, as funny, or as inventive as its predecessor, and its first act is incredibly mediocre; it is all style and no substance. As the film progresses, it slowly becomes a rather funny and entertaining, albeit predictable family film. The film is incredibly beautiful to look at, with bright colours and a nice 3D appearance, it will certainly please audiences. Overall, this sequel does suffer from sequel problems and has a mediocre first act, but it is made up for with beautiful animation and the film's gradual improvement. Expand
  6. Nov 4, 2013
    While not as intellegent as the previous movie, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 is funnier with its food puns and more action-packed that channeled a Pixar movie.
  7. Sep 28, 2013
    Being a fan of the first Cloudy, I was excited to check out the sequel. While the original is better, mostly because it has more heart, there's lots to keep adults and kids entertained here. It starts off a bit slow, giving a short review of what happened in the first film for those who didn't watch it (which was definitely thoughtful), but once the story unfolds it pulls the viewer in. It's not a spectacular story; the twists are pretty predictable, but it has a good flow and there are no dull moments. Sony did a fantastic job with the visuals very colorful, vibrant, and the living food really come to life. Humor was in good supply, and the food-related puns were actually quite clever. My only real problems with the movie were the somewhat lacking story line and the protagonist Flint, who didn't seem nearly as endearing as I remember him from the first movie. They made him too wacky and all over the place, and it's hard to imagine kids relating to him or remembering him as a character they'd like to emulate. Still, Cloudy 2 will keep you entertained enough, and it's worth watching it at least once, especially if you craved more after watching the original. Expand
  8. Jan 24, 2014
    Decent film, slightly above average, the film is full of food puns and is very light heated yet while the first film is full of greater messages and comes off as enjoyable for all ages Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 has been crafted to entertin younger chilren which for someone of my age is very slow and boring, it doesnt have that impact that over family films such as Frozen has over all views.

Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs 2 is a 6/10 for ages 15+ and a 8/10 for Children below the ages of 10
  9. Oct 5, 2013
    i don't know why people didn't like if this is such a cute movie, i'm a big fan of this and i really liked the first one and this one..hope we'll get a new one soon
  10. Oct 3, 2013
    I love the first movie--it became my favorite animated movie of all time--and I found I really enjoyed this one, too! Once again, the movie is just plain fun. The animation looks fantastic, the food animals are creative and amusing, the voice acting is great and, like the first one, it's just hysterical. While I didn't think it was as gut-busting as the first one, I still laughed a lot and I really want to add this to my "repeat viewing" list (come on, Blu-Ray release date...hurry up and get here!). However, the one thing that I loved the most had to have been the background designs. The way they created the landscapes into food-based locations was very creative and pretty cool to witness. Overall, it's a decent and fun follow-up to a epic first film! Expand
  11. Sep 29, 2013
    I couldn't really think of a plot to add to the first movie and apparently neither could the writers. I absolutely loved the first movie so I was destined for disappointment. All of the story lines had been resolved and the world was safe again from food. Little did we know that Jurassic Park had been resurrected. Actually one of the best scenes recreates the first time in that original movie that we see the reanimated dinosaurs. Only this time they are animated and made of food. What a total ripoff! That is another movie series that should never have gone on. Of course in Hollywood if something works, then you need to keep doing it until you get it wrong. Flints relationships with his not really girlfriend deteriorates to the point of co-worker and the father son turns more into man and his dog. There are some fabulous scenes and humor as well but not enough meat on the bone even for our seven year old. After 20 minutes the kids were bored and the adults just wished it wouldn't degrade into potty humor. It did and that was unfortunately the only real laughs the rest of the way. The morals and lessons weren't too bad except they were just rehashed from the first movie and rather than expanded more like contracted. The funny food animals and especially their combined names were a bright spot in an overwhelmingly dull afternoon. Please do not make a number 3. We all know what happens to leftovers the second reheating. Expand
  12. Oct 4, 2013
    It's a "good", and funny film for the kids, but the jokes are really not that funny at all. The story went smooth through the first half of the film, but then it kind of just went down hill, from there. The first Cloudy, was funny, and had a lot of creative ideas pitch in there, however I felt like the squeal was to predicable, and the scenes just went too fast. I felt like they could've done better, with the music, and whatnot, but the kids well absolutely enjoy it. I'm ranking this a 6.9, or a D+ Expand
  13. Oct 25, 2013
    I understand that people find this film enjoyable. But as a followup to the first CWACOM, the sequel fails at every turn.

The story all but ignores what Flint learned previously and makes him learn it again, but with less clarity and focus. The only saving grace is that Flint and his friends were so well designed and characterized in the first film that some amount of charm has carried
    over. But considering these are some of the funniest and brightest animated characters of the last several years, they really missed the mark with each one of them. Additionally, the new characters stick out like sore thumbs because they were created with less care and attention that Phil Lord & Chris Miller gave their characters in the beginning.

Watch the sequel and then immediately put on the original... The former might not hold up as well anymore as you start to see just how much better the original was at telling a story and making you laugh.
  14. May 30, 2014
    Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 is one of those cashgrab sequels in that it was only made to make money and cash in the success of the first one and it clearly shows. The story is nothing special it is generic, cliché, rehashes the first one and rips off the plots of other animated films, and honestly feels like it was written in one draft made in one hour. I don’t care for the characters and any attempts at humor mostly fall flat. Even the animation isn’t that great, for reasons I cannot put my finger on the animation is painful to look at and some of the character models are painful to look at. That being said I can’t entirely bash this film as it is geared towards kid and as far as kids movies go its not awful I have seen far worse. There are films such as Planes were it was painful all the way through and I just wanted to stop watching. Then there are movies like The Wild were they makers were like **** it and then there is Foodfight, which makes me ask why. This movie will most certainly provide some joy for the kiddies but unfortunately that’s about it. Everyone else don’t feel obligated to watch this movie. Skip it and watch something better. There isn’t enough good in this movie to make it worth watching. Expand
  15. Feb 3, 2014
    A perfectly acceptable and harmless animated comedy. It will delight it's younger viewers with it's bright and colorful animation, adorable food critters, and tons of food puns. Older audiences won't be as entertained, but they can still appreciate the film for it's goofy quirks and for the fact that it will totally entrance their kids. So if you are looking for a something to watch on family movie night this is a good pick. It might not be as enjoyable for adults as it is for their kids the way a lot of Pixar and DreamWorks movies are, but they won't be completely irritated by it. Expand
  16. Mar 1, 2014
    The original film was a humorous and original masterpiece. This film on the other hand falls short in that regard.
    While there is still an indisputably long list of jokes, the humour for the sequel is more childish and weak, with the exception of some classic puns. However, on a pun note, a large majority of the film’s dialogue is solely puns, with some even being repeated, not allowing
    any powerful story-line or morals to develop, resulting in this – a predictable (and frankly, dry) plotline from which you can know the outcome of the film within the first 20 minutes, such as with blatant foreshadowing and the villain; as soon as you see this certain character, you know he will be the villain without a doubt of hesitation, making the character very bland and uninteresting. Additionally, the story is very confusing at times, as quite often the scenes are very fast-paced with events happening too quickly for the audience to understand. It almost seemed the creators were really trying to squeeze as much in as they could, but quality is always better than quantity.
    On positive notes, the animation was certainly fluid – with one character’s animation being truly original with quirky elements that were very humorous and imaginative. The creativity of some ‘foodimals’ was remarkable, and the world itself was truly colourful. Seeing some of the returning characters was also very joyful, but I will note that some obvious cameos seemed very forced.
    In terms of the original, this film also seemed to disregard its own lore created in the original, going against a lot of the reasoning to the first film’s story and creating an entirely new reasoning, such as: why Flint wanted to become an inventor.
    Concluding, it is an enjoyable film targeted for kids, but if you were hoping for the same originality as the first film, you might want to stick with the first meal and not go back for seconds.
  17. Oct 14, 2013
    To start off I love animated movies, those geared for children and adults. I've been watching Pixar movies long before my children were born. Understand my love of these types of movies before you read my critique.

The visuals were very creative, and stunning, but that is all the positive things I can say about this movie. I took my 9 year old twins with two of their friends, who
    seemed entertained, but nothing in the writing held my attention. Very weak story and the jokes meant for the adults were very bland. I fell asleep two times during this movie. Collapse
  18. Nov 5, 2013
    This year's animated films seem to have been somewhat below par so this sequel is refreshingly welcome even if it's not quite as good as the original. Story wise there isn't much to shout about it's just the good guys vs the bad. Visually, however, this is jaw droppingly amazing stuff. Beautiful colouring and some real imagination is on display here and this is enough to cement over the cracks of a screenplay that is at its best when batting out funny one liners. There are loads of jokes about the food characters on show. I particularly liked the 'leek on the boat gag, and the one about cutting the cheese is proof positive that toons are no longer positioning themselves just for kids (Para Norman made that perfectly clear). The animal/food names are very inventive what with shrimpanzees, flamangos, tacodiles and melophants, and if the humour at times is a bit corny (pun intended) it non the less raises a smile and is often very funny. Even the requisite cute character, a strawberry with the oh so original name of Berry!, is more tolerable than usual. Good fun. Expand
  19. Feb 7, 2014
    The title itself is not suitable for this sequel. I guess 'Jungle with a Vicious Foodimals' or something like that would have been fair to be called. Unlike the first part I just found this movie more kiddish. The last decade was the beginning of 3D animations, so it captivated large group of audience with awesome movies. But its time now people to understand animations too would have such low movies like this.

Whatever you thought might be, but in my view and for my age, it did not please me like other animation features. I don't know about teenagers, but children will enjoy it for sure more than anybody else. I have not denoted the movie had flaws in the technical aspect, but the theme divides the audience as per age differece.

The dialogues were what kept me alive. Many of them were very hilarious. One of it was 'It's enough to make a grown man cry. But not this man. Get back in there, tear'. In some portion the character Chester V annoyed me, I think that is what they wanted from a villain character.

This movie itself an unnecessary follow-up so I don't want another sequel unless they initiate back the first movie concept of what title is represented. I don't understand what Lockwood and Co gonna eat if all the vegetables and foods get a life who become their friends. Forget it, it goes on and on and on...
  20. Sep 28, 2013
    While it's not as bad as some might expect, it's no where close to the first movie. Overall, did they really need to make a sequel, plus this movie is more for kids than teens or adults. Be sure to check out my YouTube channel, "TheMovieManLife" for all things movies.
  21. Feb 21, 2014
    The first one was not just a story about inventions and food - it was also about people, and had characters with content, that developed throughout the plot. The humor evolved naturally from their personalities.
    This one has none of the above, replacing it for flashy animations, too much food puns, and a contrived plot that climaxes with yet another "Nature Vs. Industry" conflict that
    doesn't make sense - and not in a good way. Expand
  22. Mar 28, 2014
    The sequel for Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs fails to deliver the same kind of rush the first one did. In that respect, it rings short in its message and doesn't provide as many laughs.
  23. Nov 2, 2013
    Positives: Witty and fun, this movie is full of both imagination and humor. The food puns will get you every time with their sharp and witty nature, and the story is simple enough for even the smallest of children to understand and enjoy. The CWACOM series has kept true to the style they had in the original, which is both fun and funny within every moment of the film.

Negatives:Though
    this movie wasn't really in need of it, depth was a lacking part. The plot line was beyond ridiculous and much of the older audience with become fed up and bored with it's fast paced nature. No connection to the characters was present, and the animation was only mediocre. All of these aspects were obviously secondary on the directors priority list. Expand
  24. Nov 27, 2013
    What a disappointment! The first movie was fantastic, but this one was mediocre. Hardly funny and the animation was a bit iffy, not smooth. If it wasn't for my cineworld pass I would demand my money back!
  25. Jan 16, 2014
    The main course is better than the opener as Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2 is filled with countless hilarious food puns and some very dazzling visuals despite its shaky start and predictability.
  26. Dec 21, 2013
    The theme of this movie is the battle between science and nature (here embodied by living food) which leaves you thinking if the production of this film is part of Greenpeace.
      The bad: some times when trying to be funny and it leaves them (but there are others who achieved very good), some things are not clear at the end and the speed at which the characters go (be that the script was
    so long that he had to make the characters move much more than what one person to make it go in less than 90 minutes) moves.
      The good: that despite being an animated movie has a good plot, ending, leaving 3 messages and charisma of each character.
      Better than the first not by much.
  27. Jan 22, 2014
    I loved the first movie. It turned tired cliches into hilarity, gave Mr. T his first animated role since himself and was one heck of a lot of fun. While directors and writers Phil Lord and Chris Miller were busy on The LEGO Movie, Sony whipped up a sequel, hiring the writer of The Incredible Burt Wonderstone and the director of Open Season 2, and while the critics seem to like it quite a bit, I felt that Sony Pictures Animation disappointed me yet again.

Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2 has potential with its inventive designs, environmentalism and sweetness, but unfortunately it is only half the wit of the first, most of its attempts at comedy being food puns that start to get boring, repeats of whatever was funny in the first or even itself, none of them succeeding, and typical Hollywood poop jokes to make sure it doesn't get a G rating, the worst thing that can ever happen to a movie!

The new voice actors lack charisma; Terry Crewes is even less Mr. T than Quinton Jackson and Kristen Schaal is far from Mabel Pines or Louise Belcher. Not to mention the theme of the plot twist has been discussed before in animation history. This is exactly the kind of movie the first one was poking fun at.

Without Lord and Miller, or even Aardman, Sony Animation seems to be style-over-substance. They have some very talented animators who provide the cartooniest CG animation since the first Madagascar, but the output should be more than eye candy. A year ago, Hotel Transylvania paid more attention to unique animation than an inspired script; the rest was a sponge bathing itself in urine. In this movie, Chicken Brent comes along with the gang just to repeat his catchphrase and fall over repeatedly because FAT PEOPLE ARE COMPLETE DOPES.

It doesn't help that Sony's big return in 2015 will consist of sequels to that and The Smurfs - as if 2013 wasn't lousy enough.
  28. Mar 26, 2014
    Of course the film is original and filled with amazing animation and vivid views, but that doesn't make up for the silly script and acting. Kids will enjoy the film, but the rest of just stand thee awkwardly which unlike the first film, didn't happen.
  29. Mar 6, 2014
    cloudy with a chance of meatballs is a whole other world it does get cool at times but i did not enjoy the sequel as i thought . the first one is much better
  30. Mar 21, 2014
    As good as the first movie. The characters are all back and just as funny. Apart from Mr T being replaced by Terry Crews this movie is Fantastic! I love it, my kids love it and so should you.

1. Reviewed by: Brian Tallerico
    Aug 3, 2014
    "Cloudy 2" is undeniably dense with ideas, images, and characters but slight on anything of thematic interest at all.
  2. Reviewed by: Mike McCahill
    Oct 24, 2013
    Fortunately, the animators get stuck in: the foodscape Flint's party passes through is again wittily realised, each frame sprinkled with colourful hybrid creations, from "flamangos" to "shrimpanzees".
  3. Reviewed by: Kevin Harley
    Oct 24, 2013
    With a large supporting cast and rapid gag-rate, ingredients are generous. But with no real plot to bind them, the pile-up of chaotic chases, repeat-on you leek puns and noisy dust-ups gradually kills the appetite.