6.9

1. Jun 24, 2014
    Please, save yourself an hour of your life, and skip this movie. I sort of like sadaris, but this movie is honestly one of the worst I have ever seen. The story has all the depth of a mud puddle, stereotypical rich kid goes to the farm, with a twist that would have been groundbreaking circa 1922. I watched this with a group of people, and we all looked around as the movie ended with a collective, wtf was that. I can't believe anyone would rate this above a 3, unless they did not want to insult sadaris, or giving it a pass cause liking indie films makes you hip. Save yourself and skip Expand

1. Reviewed by: Marc Mohan
    Oct 3, 2013
    C.O.G. is probably of the most interest to Sedaris fans curious to see how the humorist’s unique tone translates to film (the answer is moderately well).
  2. Reviewed by: Michael Phillips
    Sep 22, 2013
    Modest and good-looking, the film starts as dark comedy and ends in pathos. Director Alvarez makes the Oregon scenery a character unto itself.
  3. Reviewed by: Dan Callahan
    Sep 20, 2013
    People going to C.O.G. expecting a re-creation of one of Sedaris's reliably uproarious readings of his own material will be disappointed. People who approach it as a film in its own right, with its own rhythms and goals and pleasures, will be amply rewarded.