7.7

1. Apr 8, 2012
    The movie is really interesting, have a great an interesting details about the Comic Con, but the biggest problem is that some moments are boring, and much, Is an interesting mode to watch this event, but no more.
  2. Apr 11, 2012
    It's a feel-good movie with a ton of great cameos from the royalty of the comic-con world (Kevin Smith, Joss Wheedon). It tracks 4 or 5 different attendees with varying agendas for the show, but those individual stories could have been a touch more interesting / compelling. And sure, the Revenge of the Nerds theme is great, but it could have had a sharper edge to it to really make you careIt's a feel-good movie with a ton of great cameos from the royalty of the comic-con world (Kevin Smith, Joss Wheedon). It tracks 4 or 5 different attendees with varying agendas for the show, but those individual stories could have been a touch more interesting / compelling. And sure, the Revenge of the Nerds theme is great, but it could have had a sharper edge to it to really make you care about these folks. I guess I expected a bit more after having seen Spurlock's tv series and Super-Size Me. I thought he'd have a more original Comic-Con story to tell. Expand

A surprisingly tender look at San Diego Comic-Con.
  2. The New Yorker
    Reviewed by: Anthony Lane
    Apr 16, 2012
    Spurlock's documentary will tell you how, and whether, you should join the pilgrimage. Because I have never watched "Battlestar Galactica," and because of my absurd reluctance to dress up as Wonder Woman, I wouldn't last five minutes. [23 April 2012, p. 82]
  3. Reviewed by: Lou Lumenick
    Apr 13, 2012
    There isn't a surprising moment, and it's an affirmation for hard-core fans and pretty much everyone else of William Shatner's immortal exhortation to Trekkies: "Get a life!"