Focus Features | Release Date: February 6, 2009
8.3
Universal acclaim based on 608 Ratings
WATCH NOW
khutchFeb 17, 2014
Coraline has imagination, a good look and premise, however, all this is useless when trying to connect with the kids seems unsuccessful.
Over the history Coraline does not hold you, the movie walk, walk and walk, and when we realize, it does not show us anything mature, it's quite the opposite actually, Coraline is just a child who repents of something desired.
FeyrosNov 25, 2015
The animation is great and the voicing was like pls no and then i was like u mno but he was like o yes but i was Crying in the background like crazyi not like
JORDYNP2021Feb 13, 2017
You will get lost in the movie “Coraline” “Coraline” will take you to a magical new world. The dark fantasy novella “Coraline”, written by Neil Gaiman, was developed for the screen and adapted by the screen by Henry Selik. Created in 2009 byYou will get lost in the movie “Coraline” “Coraline” will take you to a magical new world. The dark fantasy novella “Coraline”, written by Neil Gaiman, was developed for the screen and adapted by the screen by Henry Selik. Created in 2009 by Laika Entertainment, it is a fantasy thriller and is one hour and forty minutes long. Eleven year old Coraline Jones isn’t happy with her new life in Pink Palace Apartments. Her new house is dingy and falling apart, and there seems to be no one her age around, besides a weird boy named Wybie and his stray cat. Worst of all, her parents, especially her mom, seem not to care about anything Coraline does. When Coraline discovers a strange hidden door in their living room, she is thrilled to leave her boring and run down life. The door takes her into an alternate version of her world, one that gives Coraline everything she has ever wanted, including the ‘Other Mother’ that treats her as a princess. After several visits to the Other World and mysterious warnings from her eccentric neighbors, Coraline starts to question whether this ‘perfect world’ holds a dark and sinister secret. “Coraline” was an incredibly detailed stop-motion film. The dark fairy tale style of the animation really caught my eye. Coraline, Other Mother, and the other characters were detailed and each had their own, distinct personality.The intricate plot will keep entertained and anxious for what comes next, although it may be too complex for young viewers to fully understand the film. Some scenes may also be scary for children younger than 7. “Coraline” conveys the message to children and parents to appreciate one another. I would recommend this movie to children above the age of ten. The MPAA rating is PG, but some scary scenes and the intense plot may not be suitable for younger kids. Overall, I felt that this movie was extremely creative and unique. Our Rating 3.5 out of 5 stars. Expand
asdfghgggggggFeb 13, 2017
“Coraline”, Buttons You Up at the Start

“Coraline”, Buttons You Up at the Start

After I watched “Coraline” in English for a project, I haven’t been able to look at a button the same. Coraline is a PG animated fantasy / thriller movie. The producer of “Coraline” is Laika Entertainment. Some main character's voices include actors such as Dakota Fanning as Coraline, Teri Hatcher as the Mothers, and Ian McShane as Mr. Bobinsky. I enjoyed this film but I still have some critical thoughts.

Coraline and her parents move into The Pink Palace Apartments and it seems to be very bland and normal, but she comes to find this mysterious place has big secrets behind a little door. Coraline wishes for a better life. Her parents are caught up in their own business and leave her to make fun for herself. While Coraline explores the house she meets her boring neighbors and a bizarre boy who is the grandson of the owner of the complex. This boy is Wybie, he says his grandmother doesn’t usually rent to people with children. He tells her things that leads her to question her new home. She then unlocks the door to a perfect universe. She meets her other parents and Coraline has everything she has ever wanted. Her other mother just needs one thing in return, to sew buttons into her eyes. But what all does that involve, you say? Watch the movie to see for yourself!

One thing I noticed while watching the film was stop motion. Some might think stop motion isn’t very good, but in this movie it’s really effective with the plot. The details in this movie are excellent. All the characters including mice and stuffed animals had buttons for eyes. For Coraline, a child that wants the perfect life, this image sure is maintained, of course until all turns evil. I disliked the creepiness and scenes where you see the true side of the other mother.

This movie is rated PG. This movie can be frightening to little ones but it doesn’t contain any content to have it be PG 13. I would recommend not taking your little children of ages 8 and under to this mature animated movie. Your child would likely not understand the concept of this film and would have nightmares for the rest of their lives. Some scandalous scenes with grandmas are best not seen by youngsters. These parts are not inappropriate but not recommended for the button eyes of a child. I would suggest that parents should view this movie before taking their kid to view this. I would not refer to this as a scary/horror movie but it does in fact have a very eerie vibe to it.