8.2

1. Aug 23, 2014
    Una película hermosa, con una animación increíble, una magnifica historia y trama, con una gran dirección, una película entretenida que te mantiene al tanto.
  2. Jul 15, 2014
    Coraline: 7 out of 10: Whom is this movie for is a question that dashed through my mind while watching it. It is too scary and adult for most children. The film is full of High Octane Nightmare Fuel and retired adult entertainment stars with naked elderly puppet breasts... come to think of it that is High Octane Nightmare Fuel as well.

As for the adults in the audience, I fear that in

As for the adults in the audience, I fear that in my case the film was too distant. I never felt emotionally attached to our plucky protagonist. In part because she is not a very nice girl (nor terribly plucky now I think about it) and partially because the film seemed to place her and her predicament at a distance.

On the other hand, I was floored by the sheer artistry of the film. Visually this is simply one of the most stunning films I have ever seen. Director Henry Selick who helmed such stop motion masterpieces as James and the Giant Peach and The Nightmare Before Christmas has taken his art to a new level. Words simply cannot describe the visual delights that lie inside Coraline.

While I found the story somewhat distancing I also recognize the depth of the tale. Coraline’s two universes mirror each other in a complicated web rather than a simply black and white as one might expect. The ocean here may not be that wide but it is amazingly deep. To bad the water was a little cold for this swimmer.
  3. Aug 15, 2014
    This stop motion animation creates an eerie but unimaginable visuals, sinisterly dark and extraordinary with a fantastic plot, by far one of my favorite children movies of all time.
  4. Sep 29, 2014
    "Coraline" is one of my all-time favorites. I've seen the movie over fifty times because I would watch it nearly every day when I was younger, and I've read the novel five times. The animation is twisted yet breathtaking, and the 3D is innovative and absorbing. The plot is very original, intriguing, and even a little scary which makes for a thrilling experience.
  5. Feb 5, 2015
    i only have 1 problem with this movie, the mom is just to evil, in the book you could feel there at least was some love left in here, but in the movie is she just a **** ells is it a great movie, one of the best i seen, great art, atmosphere, and characters
  6. Jan 13, 2015
    Up there with The Nightmare before Christmas and The Lion King as one of the greatest animated films of all time, it's only dud being Coraline's mom, who is actually kinda of a... You know what.
  7. Feb 1, 2015
    Couldn't even get to sleep after watching this, it was fricking spooky. And it's meant for kids wtf? Don't they get creeped out? If I was in that world I'd commit suicide.
  8. Apr 6, 2015
    a great amazing movie with a good story and characters. this is one of my animated film of all time. I really think this movie is up there with all the Pixar film not cars 2.

This is perhaps the most effective 3-D movie I have ever seen, with a sophisticated, involving story that will appeal to many adults. The only reservation I have is with the PG rating, which seems too lenient for a story that may give very young children - particularly if they are sensitive - nightmares.
    The combination of 3-D photography and puppet-animation - centered on actual figures designed by hand and manipulated frame by frame - creates a world that's dense, active and fluid: a sensory Jacuzzi.
  3. Reviewed by: Jenni Miller
    The story is creepy fun and 100-percent different than whatever other crap is flooding the February market.