8.2

1. Dec 18, 2011
    Henry Selick takes Neil Gaiman's imaginative story and makes wonders with it with thrills, dark humor, great stop motion animation, and a cool original score make Coraline one of the best animated films ever made in my opinion. I give this movie 93%.
  2. Oct 28, 2011
    "Coraline" is very basic in terms of story structure or voice acting. But it's the originality that pushes this visually magnificent movie into the stage of performances. Overall a well-made animation that audiences of every age will definitely enjoy.
  3. May 13, 2011
    It's surprisingly dark to be called a family film but it seems to go well but is could be better than it actually is that said it was one of my favourites from 2009.
  4. Nov 2, 2010
    A very very beautiful work of art in the form of a movie. That is the best way I can describe it. This movie is dark and at the same time offers the viewer the chance to experience a wide variety of emotions as the movie progresses. I think the story and the pacing are well done and the voice actors did a fantastic job matching the animated characters. This movie is a must buy for fans ofA very very beautiful work of art in the form of a movie. That is the best way I can describe it. This movie is dark and at the same time offers the viewer the chance to experience a wide variety of emotions as the movie progresses. I think the story and the pacing are well done and the voice actors did a fantastic job matching the animated characters. This movie is a must buy for fans of this sub genre of animated movies. Expand
  5. Oct 29, 2010
    this movie is by far an excellent stop-motion movie for kids and their families with the help of the supporting acting, nice visuals, and very amazing characters.
  6. Aug 26, 2010
    I thought Coraline was going to have very scary moments - but I was wrong. Coraline is a great movie, thrilling, exciting, everything! You have to see it. PG is reccomended, Coraline may create nightmares on most sensitive (New York Post, thanks) children. Coraline, a great movie deserves a great review.
  7. Aug 13, 2010
    Coraline really provides an interesting story with some very nice visuals! It is very engaging and it definitely involves the viewer to figure out what is happening out. Visually, there are some beautiful scenes, and besides the unusual animation style it is still captivating, but nowhere nearly as beautiful as some new animated films, such as "Up" or "Wall-E". Nevertheless, a very niceCoraline really provides an interesting story with some very nice visuals! It is very engaging and it definitely involves the viewer to figure out what is happening out. Visually, there are some beautiful scenes, and besides the unusual animation style it is still captivating, but nowhere nearly as beautiful as some new animated films, such as "Up" or "Wall-E". Nevertheless, a very nice animated film. Expand

This is perhaps the most effective 3-D movie I have ever seen, with a sophisticated, involving story that will appeal to many adults. The only reservation I have is with the PG rating, which seems too lenient for a story that may give very young children - particularly if they are sensitive - nightmares.
    The combination of 3-D photography and puppet-animation - centered on actual figures designed by hand and manipulated frame by frame - creates a world that's dense, active and fluid: a sensory Jacuzzi.
  3. Reviewed by: Jenni Miller
    The story is creepy fun and 100-percent different than whatever other crap is flooding the February market.