7.5

1. GklkK
    Apr 26, 2010
    Sorry, Couldn't get into this story. What pretty smart young attractive, lady, would choose to be near a sweaty,smelly, dissipated, fat, boozy, old, traveling, drunk. Zero credibility for me. The story and the music was a drag.
  2. JamesS
    Dec 26, 2009
    Another one of those movies where the sexy smart young woman falls for a charming unrepentingly drunken, crusty, pasty skinned, gut bag of a bitter vulgarian whose career has self destructed. Spare us next time.
  3. BradF
    Apr 16, 2010
    I was really looking forward to this movie and even waited until I was in the mood to take in what I expected to be an emotive, raw roller coaster. Instead I was offered a Sunday afternoon matinee with little or no ride at all. Agree Bridges did a great job in the role of Bad Blake though if no one had said he was Oscar material I wouldn't have suggested it after seeing it. I was really looking forward to this movie and even waited until I was in the mood to take in what I expected to be an emotive, raw roller coaster. Instead I was offered a Sunday afternoon matinee with little or no ride at all. Agree Bridges did a great job in the role of Bad Blake though if no one had said he was Oscar material I wouldn't have suggested it after seeing it. Disappointing in my opinion. Flat. Miscast. Oh well. Big Lebowski was ace. Expand
  4. JeanS
    Feb 21, 2010
    What's all the hype about? A hackneyed plot,with little depth to flesh out the meager story-line. A hard-to-believe "relationship" between Bad and Jean - not just a lack of chemistry between the two actors, but also a lack of realness about the young mom having any interest in the seedy musician - the middle-aged female fans in the bars made more sense and were more believable. I What's all the hype about? A hackneyed plot,with little depth to flesh out the meager story-line. A hard-to-believe "relationship" between Bad and Jean - not just a lack of chemistry between the two actors, but also a lack of realness about the young mom having any interest in the seedy musician - the middle-aged female fans in the bars made more sense and were more believable. I found myself watching Maggie G. with more interest then Jeff B in the early part of the movie. All in all, I couldn't get involved in the story - and I was totally distracted by thoughts all through the movie that Jeff Bridges looked skanky, and boy, whoever dressed Maggie Gyllenhal for this part did her a major disservice. Collapse
  5. JoeB.
    Dec 31, 2009
    I am a musician, and have much in common with the main character. I love all the actors. That is why I am so disappointed. the story is drawn out and the characters never change in a way that makes me feel different. I can't believe Maggie in this role. Too pretty, too young, too intelligent. in short a pointless script and a directorial failure.
  6. Jul 13, 2013
    Crazy Heart is a slow, tiresome pile of country trash that falls into a depressing hole by the end. With Maggie Gyllenhaal being a miscast, the characters never connect and the movie becomes drawn out.

1. Bridges' guileless performance makes this piquant little indie tale of country music, redemption, and the love of a pretty younger woman such a sad-song charmer.
  2. Reviewed by: David Ansen
    Crazy Heart gets to you like a good country song--not because it tells you something new, but because it tells it well. It's the singer, not the song.
  3. Crazy Heart lacks that spark of originality. So what Fox Searchlight has salvaged essentially is a highly watchable performance by Bridges, one of many he has furnished throughout a long career.